Author Thread Post
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 121
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 7:10 PM Post #1
~ Girls Can't Be Pirates ~

Everyone saw the piece of parchment.

The first was a ropemaker's apprentice, in the streets before most people had risen.

It was easy to spot, and whoever had pinned it to the governor's door with the slightly rusted dagger had obviously wanted it to be seen. It said:

Dv hvvp Trioh lu hgilmt zmw hlfmw nrmw zmw ylwb, zmw ziv mlg zuizrw lu Dlip, Wzmtvi, zmw gsv Hvz.

Tiruubm'h Dsziu. Gdrortsg. Gsv ozhg wzb lu gsrh dvvp.

Dsl hzbh dv xzm'g yv Krizgvh, gll?

Of course, no one had a clue what it said, as it all seemed to be gibberish. But three days later, a girl - the governor's ten-year-old daughter, no less, was running through the streets of the port town, waving a piece of parchment, and screaming that she had figured it out. When they caught her, the words of the mysterious message were suddenly figured out:

We seek Girls of strong and sound mind and body, and are not afraid of Work, Danger, and the Sea.

Griffyn's Wharf. Twilight. The last day of the week after this appears.

Who says we can't be Pirates, too?

Everyone took it for a joke. After all, the message was blunt, clich, and completely absurd. But when the twilight of the last day of the week came around, fourteen girls and young women were standing at the end of Griffyn's Wharf, watching a small sloop, controllable by one skilled seaman, sail into the harbor.

The woman who came for them introduced herself only as Shadow. And so it happened that pirate woman and fourteen former seamstresses, housewives, and other girls and women stole the Lady Cyrene, a fine warship that had made port only a few days past, pirating it and renaming her The Night's Revenge. ((After observing the proper ceremony, of course - it's bad luck to change a ship's name in any other way.))

They've been plundering this coast and others ever since.

((Gods, I was re-reading this and I just realized how cheesy it sounds. Sorry, doing PotC movie music in band for the past month for our next concert has put me in a pirates-y mood.))

Now, twenty years later, they're still at it. The original crew is gone and dead - piracy tends to have a high mortality rate - but girls are still joining up whenever the Night happens to make port. But the British Navy has had enough of them, and has sent out three warships to track them down and sink the Night's Revenge. So what will become of the crew of female pirates, and the soldiers bent on sending them to the bottom of the ocean?

MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 7:13 PM Post #2
~ Characters ~

Pirates
((In order of rank))

Captain
Maxine Nevermore Darling | Espenfalls

First Mate ((Quartermaster))
Defiance Peregryn | MistressNyx

Sailing Master
Akira Steele | Akirashadowwolf

Map-Master
Tracey Ximena Salvador | Orca2Whale

Gunners ((3))
- Esmeralda Youngblood | Luminousheart
- Mira Draconi | Dragonsrcool54
- Diance Diaba | Dragongem23

Sailors ((Unlimited))
- Amelie DeLacour | Queenie
- Ophelia Elisa Harrow | Annabella321
- Circe Karesinda | Fallingsky
-
-

Cook
Amelia Clark | Moonlitwolf0

Apprentices ((3))
- Cassiopeia Van Prince (Defiance's Apprentice) | Fallingsky
-
-

Powder Monkey ((Age 10-13))
Pigwidgeon Aedia | Fallingsky

The Navy
((Also in order of rank))

Captain
Lord Commander Nelson | MistressNyx

First Mate

Lieutenants
- Troy Alejandro Salvador | Orca2Whale
-
-

Cartographer

Surgeon
Rory Slaine | Luminousheart

Midshipmen ((Sailors)) ((Unlimited))
- Alisa Taercot | Dragongem23
-
-
-
-

Gunners ((Equal in rank to sailors)) ((3))
- Hunter Draconi | Dragonsrcool54
-
-

Cook

Powder Monkey ((Age 10-13))

Weston Atalix | Luminousheart

Edited By MistressNyx on 6/26/2019 at 12:27 AM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 7:13 PM Post #3

Pinglist

MistressNyx, Luminousheart, Akirashadowwolf, Dragonsrcool54, Orca2whale, Dragongem23, Moonlitwolf0, Queenie, Annabella321, Fallingsky, Espenfalls
Edited By MistressNyx on 6/16/2019 at 6:04 PM.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 7:30 PM Post #4
~ The Ships ~

Pirates

The Night's Revenge
She's certainly smaller than the ships the navy's sending after her, but she's far faster and more manueverable. Pirates, the Night is yours!

The Navy

The HMS Victory
This is the HMS Victory. She's an actual ship in the historical British Navy, feel free to look her up. She was active as a warship from 1765 to 1824, so that's the time period this RP will be taking place in. Navymen, this is your ship!

Sailing Terms

Sailing 101. Use it. Also, try to talk like a pirate, if you are one.
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 7:31 PM Post #5

See, I promised I would get it out Monday, and I actually did. I'm amazed with myself. Before we start, let me lay some things out.

1) When posting, please but the following information, bolded, at the top of each reply.

Defiance Peregryn | Quartermaster | Location: Poop Deck | Mentions: None
Though for your character, obviously.

2) NO ONE LINERS. I know you're all perfectly capable of writing at least 5 sentences per reply, and do try to have good grammar, though I know it can be hard on mobile. I won't bug you about grammar, but I WILL enforce a three-chance rule regarding one-liners. Three chances, and you're out.

3) Let's not progress insanely far without people. If I notice someone hasn't posted in several pages, I'm pausing the RP and shooting them a PM.

4) PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE UNTIL BOTH CAPTAINS HAVE GIVEN THEIR STARTING POST.
Edited By MistressNyx on 6/1/2019 at 12:44 AM.
Bluepearl13
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 131
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 8:09 PM Post #6
Fane Starr | Captain | location: Captain quarters | mentions: none
Fane sat at his desk, looking over a map. He had marked the sightings of these female pirates for the last week. He could detect no pattern which made it sort of hard. He wanted this mission over with. His crew had been on it for too long, chasing down the Ladys revenge. He prayed that one of his men would soon come tell him that they were drawing in to port so he could stop fussing over the map. He took a deep breath and pulled out another piece of parchment. He began to write a quick letter so when they reached the port he may send it home to his parents. It was better than staring at a map that got him nowhere.
(I hope I did this right)
MistressNyx
Level 75
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 5/28/2019 at 8:36 PM Post #7
((No worries, you did. Wanna give us a bit of action, though? Like, a sighting of sails on the horizon?))
Espenfalls
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 57
Posted: 5/29/2019 at 9:25 PM Post #8
( Again I see why I was not pinged- not on the ping list. )

Maxine Nevermore | Female | 19 | Captain | Location- Helm | Interactions- None, Open

Maxine sat close to the helm of the great night revenge, her body battered and torn from a recent battle. The amount of cuts and wounds along her body was frightening but she seemed to deal with it quite fine. Her body was hurting- pounding and stinging from the sheer amount of trauma she had withstood. The old crew was dead and now buried on an island she had passed ages ago. She buried them herself as she wanted to one day even if it were her last to revisit them rather then casting their body's into the abyss of the ocean. She was the last of the old night revenge's crew.. and she knew what must be done. At this moment though she was tending the deep, ghastly wounds that littered her body. Wrapping her arms tenderly with slight winces of pain. It was horrible.. Why was she the one left alive in the first place? While she lost her focus she accidently touched a more sensitive area and cried out in pain- the sound echoing and being heard only by the vast blue. She let tears fall from her softly colored gold-blue swirled eyes. " Damn these cuts. Ain't ever had pain this bad since I came to this 'ere ship.. " She spoke in a pirates tongue for she could speak in a much more educated way- which she did when she wasn't aware of it as it was nature to her. After finishing her torso she checked over her legs and patched what she could before hobbling towards the cabins and falling into the captains room.. her new room.. tears filled her eyes but she willed herself to cry. No, not anymore. T'was no longer her place to cry- she now was to be strong.. She had to be strong now. Weakness was no longer allowed to her. She needed to make her captain proud even in her absence. Yes.. she would call it an absence.. even though the young lady had heard her captains last words to the crew..

She pushed the memory away as she walked to a closet and pulled out an outfit she could wear. She removed her old torn clothes and put on these newer garbs. She liked how she looked in them. Next she grabbed a belt and put it around her waist, holstering her pistol and sheathing her swords as she adjusted her hat. " Sultan! " She called out and a small beautiful parrot flew towards her at a great speed landing gracefully on her shoulder. " I'll call ye quartermaster now mi' matey. " Maxine said as she put on a brave face and walked outside of the room, closing it up and going towards the helm again, the wisps of a cool night already coming and the icy breaths of the winters death lingering in the air still. Maxine let herself shudder.. she needed a moment to think still. " Sultan.. how on earth am I to do this? " She let herself break character- her sweet Victorian voice coming thru from her more rugged way of speaking. " How am I to know who shall be what? How will I rank them? How will they rank me? " Maxine started to pace aimlessly back and forth as she kept watch to make sure the ship was sailing steady. " Oi' matey! Get yer'self together.. Ya can't let it get to ya! " She got herself back into a character that would likely break soon no matter what... She attempted to steel herself, ready herself like she had seen her old captain do when something extremely important was to happen soon. She just couldn't seem to, her nerves felt as if they were in a inferno of emotions that was unpredictable. There was not much she could do for now other then be prepared for either a fight or a calmer crew.. oh how she prayed they were a calmed crew rather then a hellstorm. Soon, she saw the outline of a sleeping town and took in a deep breath of air.. Soon, she'd be meeting her new crew and she couldn't help but to hope they would accept her. With a final calming breath she put on a hardened cold expression and steered the ship for the now empty docks. The nights windy breath tangling playfully in her hair and the moon casting upon her- giving her a ghostly look.. Any minute now she would see the ladies at the docks right? She was incredibly nervous.. but ready to face whatever was to come in a few moments... Soon she was at the docks at the velvety stroke of midnight and now she waited
Espenfalls
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 57
Posted: 5/29/2019 at 9:26 PM Post #9
( Above )
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 5/29/2019 at 9:55 PM Post #10
igrnore this ;P
Edited By Orca2Whale on 5/29/2019 at 11:09 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 36, 37, 38
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.