Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 178 1, 2, 3... 177, 178, 179... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 10:03 PM Post #1771
Below you will find some personalized messages towards your current designs. Please find your name and read over what I had to say. Please keep in mind, what I say is simply feedback on how I see what your creation conveys to me. You can take it as you will, but it is not required to change unless otherwise notated. I have something to say to everyone PINGed to this post. So be sure to find your name and read everything I have had to say to you. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise, keep shining like the amazing designers you are!

~*~*~*~

@Dragon...I am glad that you are enjoying this challenge. I thought it would be neat to see what everyone may bring to the table this week. And as we all know, Space is infinite. The possibilities are endless without overlapping another designer so this should be relatively easy if you do the research and make sure you don't duplicate someone's chosen bit of space. Fortunately for you, you went first and don't have to worry about that. So let me start by breaking down what I see by design for you.

First, let's look at your "Pluto". I truly believe your color choices for this design were spot on. The only thing in my opinion that would have made it a little better, is if a brighter/lighter shade of red could also be seen a bit with in the design some where. As for your traits and mutations, I like the frosted kitsune, Maine Coone tail, ram horns, and starlight runes. With the color combination and those traits really brought to life your Pluto design. I am not so sure your "Lovely hearts" was necessary, but they were a nice touch.

Your "Helix Nebula" was an interest sight to see. I don't really have much to say, as it has that hint of trippy psychedelic trip to it. The only thing I can suggest is to had a hint of more red and less on the magenta. Otherwise it was really well done.

~*~*~*~

@LImor...You provided us once again with some beautiful designs this week. I love the idea behind some of your choices in natural formed pieces from space. And since you did provide us with as many as you did, please allow me to break it down per design.

Let's start with your "Cat's Eye Nebula". That is a picture is so pretty..Your design is a beautiful piece too, however I think you centered your design more around the darkness of the Nebula, then the many many bright colors of it. Don't get me wrong you do have color, but you could have taken advantage of the bright cyan colors creating that startling liquid blue flame appearance as seen around the center of the nebula...Or even the light purples, and somber oranges. You still have time if you want to make that attempt, otherwise you can leave as it. The traits you use, I can really see the nebula coming through in the swirling marks of your Tiger and Tabby gene traits (I believe). The lace I don't think it real necessary unless it was meant to sneak a color in. If that is so, it was clever.

Your "Jupiter" design currently is invalid hon, until you place down all the restricted traits you use. I can see the one you made mention, but I can also see the valentine lace you used as well that is not listed. Remember only 1 restricted gene and only 1 restricted mutation are permitted when using restricted traits. So please fix that as soon as you can, and I will review it afterwards.

"The Red Rectangle Nebula" design, was a interesting. I liked the over all concept of what I am seeing, but I something seems off. I am not sure if it is the mechanical armor or the spots. Or maybe it is the colors going primarily from dark to light. If they would more reversed where there was less dark and more light. I am not sure if I am making any sense here, but I am trying. I just think it would flow better if it went from light to dark. I hate to even say what I have said about this design because I like the artistic approach you took with it.

"Tabby's Star" design, was nicely done. I think you made an excellent design without making use of any restricted traits. You have a nice transition from light down into the baseline dark color as illustrated in your reference picture. The only suggestion I can make is if you could add more of a creamy yellow then the white I see in your design.

As for your "Mini Moon" design, I think your choice of using the moon armor was a good though easy idea to use. The color combination you have thorough out was spot on. I honestly have no suggestions for this design.

"Titan" design of yours is a very neat and creative interpretation of your reference picture of "Titan". I know that with a few of your designs i was suggesting adding more light colors into your design, in this exception though...I recommend going darker. Not over all by any means...But maybe darken your bright golden yellows a bit. Otherwise, it is a very nice design. I like the lotus trait you have highlighting that one bright area that can be seen upon Titan's surface. Very well done there.

And finally your "Planet Nine" design. I think your design is very pretty. I think the traits you used work well together to a point, however your design doesn't represent your reference picture that well. Your over all design is very bright. Your reference picture if nearly all black, with the exception of a very thin line of light blue fading into a darker blue and then into black. There is a couple patches of white, but they are tiny in comparison to the over all dark vibe "Planet Nine" is seen having. I believe you have the right touch of light blue in your C2 slot...However, I would go darker from black to dark blue in your EC, C1, and C3 slots.
Other than that, you can take from what I had to say and run with it if you chose. Otherwise, keep up the amazing job that you do. Just make sure to change/add to you Jupiter design.

~*~*~*~

@Dillpickle....You have an excellent start to your design submission for this challenge. However, your submission in incomplete and there for invalid. HOWEVER, there is still time to correct what is missing. You still need your brief description of what your design is based off. Give us a little info on your chosen bit of space and you will be golden hon. You have until deadline this coming Sunday to get that taken care of. If you need assistance, please let me know via PM and I will do what I can to assist you.

~*~*~*~

@Vani...You can use Earth's primary moon, as Earth's new moon was used. So you are on the clear for that. And speaking of Earth's primary moon, I think your design is neat but rather light for the dark image you are using for this design base. Maybe tone down your yellow to a golden amber, and darken the body a bit would or may help. You may need to switch out "Spotted" gene with the "broken" gene in the same G1 slot. Though in response, the spotted trait you used is a nice touch to represent the moon's giant craters. So the choice would be yours there.

Your "Earthbound Ferrikki" has a nice touch, and is very pretty. I can see you using the green to represent land mass, but don't forget about the brown coloration there. Also, take advantage of how much cloud cover there is going on in that image too. Maybe darken your color blue that you used a bit as well. Otherwise, very nicely done.

Your "Space Junk Zolnixi" design unfortunately as pretty as it is, is invalid. Your design has to be based on something naturally found out in space and is not man made as stated in the opening remarks of the challenge post. You can remove this design or find another reference picture that would work with your design and just swap out the reference picture. The choice is yours.

~*~*~*~

@Duckbunny427....You over all design is elegant done, and well pulled off. Colors included. I admit the only thing I dislike from an outside point of view is the "Lunar Pearl Jewelry" more so on the female than the male rikki. If there was a way to swap it out with flower crown or something a little less, and please don't take offense to this...Less tacky than that of the lunar jewelry at least for her might change things for the better. Otherwise, keep up the awesome job you did this week hon!
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/4/2020 at 7:13 PM.
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 3/3/2020 at 8:46 AM Post #1772
I updated my designs! I took your advice and changed the name of the last design ;)
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 3/3/2020 at 11:25 AM Post #1773
Fire and Ice Nebula Griffi

Restricted Traits:
M2: Spring Blossoms

I don't know if this is a real nebula, I just found this when searching for nebula wallpaper. It gave huge amounts of inspiration and its gorgeous.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Veil Nebula Griffi

Restricted Traits Used:
G2: Frostfeather Teardrops
M3: Frostfeather Wings

This Griffi is based on the vibrant Veil Nebula, found on September 5th, 1784 by William Herschel. This nebula's radius is 50 light-years. The vibrancy of this nebula and the mix of bright blue and pink was what inspired this design.

Canis Major Overdensity Qitari

Restricted Traits:
G2: Solar Champion's Singe
M3: Spring Blossoms

This dwarf galaxy was discovered in November 2003 by Martin, Ibata, Bellazzini, Irwin, Lewis, and Dehnen. Canis Major Overdesnsity has 1 billion stars. This design was inspired by the swirling blue and pink colors that make up this dwarf galaxy. I used the spring blossoms trait to sort of show the swirl the two colors make.

Cassiopiea A Ryori

Restricted Traits:
G2: Demonstalker's Mantra

Cassiopiea A is the remnants of a massive star that exploded about 300 years ago. The picture I used was an x-ray image showing the hot gas being created from the explosion. I used as many colors in the image as possible on this design and made them look a bit messy to show the explosion part.

Neptune Ferrikki

Restricted Traits:
G1: Victorian Drape
M3: Victorian Veil

Neptune is the 8th planet in our solar system, and was discovered in 1846. The beautiful blues of this planet inspired me to make this blue furry Rikki. I used the fluffy traits and icy blues to represent the icy coldness of this distant planet.

Edited By Koterfaye on 3/5/2020 at 1:25 PM.
Opipearl
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/3/2020 at 10:32 PM Post #1774
Supernova Ny'vene

A supernova is what happens when a really big star dies. The star of david is actually believed to have been one.
Trait Used:Frost dragon mane
Edited By Opipearl on 3/3/2020 at 10:35 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/3/2020 at 10:37 PM Post #1775
All right folks, we have quite the assortment of out of this world designs. I am loving it! I will be doing an "Entries Thus Far" post in the morning. Keep them coming folks, and keep shining like the stars you all are!
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/5/2020 at 9:14 AM.
Dillpickle
Level 67
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/4/2020 at 7:25 AM Post #1776
i added a little info on the planet
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 3/4/2020 at 8:27 AM Post #1777
Crab Nebula

This is based off of the Crab Nebula, a remnant of a supernova. It was first observed by a chinese astronomer who then created a drawing of it that resembled a crab. The nebula can be found in the Perseus Arm of the Milky Way, about 6.5k Light Years away from Earth. I find it super fascinating that something as destructive as a supernova can create such a beautiful nebula.

Restricted Trait: Butterfly Fairy wings
Edited By Spiritbeast on 3/4/2020 at 10:31 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/4/2020 at 9:29 AM Post #1778
ENTRIES THUS FAR - Post 1

"To Infinity And Beyond" Challenge

I want to thank each of you thus far that have participated with in this challenge. Below you will find the designs and designers that have been deemed eligible for possible placement for TOP 3. Each design has been reviewed and has met all requirements for this week's challenge. Please take a look. If you don't see your design it could be because you did not submit one yet, it did not make this round of updates, it did not meet the requirements, and or another reason entirely. If you feel you fall in one of those categories, please PING me or PM me for explanation hon. Otherwise, there is still plenty of time yet within the this challenge to edit, submit, and or alter your designs in any way.

~*~*~*~*~

Dragon's Designs:

(Pluto)

(Helix Nebula)

~*~*~*~*~

Limor's Designs:

(Cat's Eye Nebula)

(Jupiter)

(The Red Rectangle Nebula)

(Tabby's Star)

(Earth's Minimoon)

(Titan)

(Planet Nine)

(55 Cancri e)

(Sombrero Galaxy)

(Tarantula Nebula)

(Betelgeuse)

~*~*~*~*~

Bunny's Designs:

(Andromeda Galaxy)

~*~*~*~*~

Dillpickle's Designs:

(CFBDSIR J214947.2-040308.9)

~*~*~*~*~

Opipearl's Designs:

(Supernova Ny'vene)
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/6/2020 at 8:13 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/4/2020 at 9:31 AM Post #1779
I am currently working on the Entries Thus Far post. I have to unfortunately head out for work and will be back later this evening. Take care until then, and I will be back to work more on that Entries Thus Far post.
Dillpickle
Level 67
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/4/2020 at 9:39 AM Post #1780
okay
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 177, 178, 179... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.