Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 177 1, 2, 3... 176, 177, 178... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 5:58 PM Post #1761
"To Infinity And Beyond!" - Challenge

(READ everything!!!)

Those That Have Opted Out: Arcaneapathy

With this challenge, you are charged with the task of creating a pet design based on something from space. It can be a star, a planet, asteroid, comet, or something else that is natural from space and not man made. The only catch outside of the requirements listed for you below, is that you cannot use the same thing with the exception of stars as someone else. You must select something that is unique. That means you will have to do some research for this challenge folks. I wish you all the best with this, and remember to follow all rules, requirements, and guidelines.

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) Your design must be original and like no other members' design. This is meaning there can only be one sun, one earth, etc...etc..The only exception is that of actual stars. Also, if you create more than 1 design please keep everything to one post.
2.) A reference picture is needed for each design, and cannot be bigger than 400x400. The reference picture cannot be linked, and must be visible for one and all to see.
3.) If you choose to use restricted traits, you can only use 1 from the gene side and 1 from the mutation side. Anything that is not restrict is permitted.
4.) Please give a brief description of what your design is based off of.
5.) Your designs cannot be bigger than the example shown.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~
1.) All D.C.U. regulations/rules are in place and in affect.
2.) Failure to follow the outline rules/guidelines/requirements, will result in your design and or designs becoming ineligible for possible placement. You will be contacted via PING and or PM to correct the situation in a timely fashion. It is up to you as the designer to correct your design and or designs before deadline which is every Sunday at 5pm CST unless otherwise stated.

~EXAMPLE~

BLACK HOLE

Black Hole Ryori

Restricted Trait Used: Demonstalker's Mane

My "To Infinity And Beyond" design is based off the first pictures taken of the black hole. Prior to that image, it was only theorized on what they honestly looked like. They are the epicenter of chaos incarnate. The dark void which can vary in size, sucks in everything near it. And as it does so, it creates this swirling vacuum that spins the debris it collects at such speeds that it creates friction. It is that friction that causes things to heat up and glow as if on fire and there by illuminating the dark void in the center we have come to know as the black hole. No one truly knows what goes on once the black hole consumes what it does. All they know is that they are extremely dangerous as they have been rumored to consumed stars and various other things. Possibly even uncharted planets.
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/8/2020 at 6:18 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 7:12 PM Post #1762
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 7:24 PM Post #1763
Pluto

Viva La Pluto
Pluto's quickly become one of my favorite things in space not only because of how beautiful it is in color but also because it's named after the roman god of anything under the earth.
Pluto is an icy dwarf planet in the Kuiper belt, a ring of bodies beyond the orbit of Neptune. It was the first Kuiper belt object to be discovered and is the largest known dwarf planet currently known to man. It was originally a planet and in 2006 it was titled a "Dwarf Planet".It was discovered by Percival Lowell,when he noticed a odd gravity pulling at Uranus and Neptune,eventually he found pluto

Restricted Trait Used: Frosted Kitsune
Helix Nebula

The Helix Nebula, also known as NGC 7293 and the Eye Of God, is a planetary nebula (PN) that resides in the constellation Aquarius. Out of all the bright planetary nebulae it's the closest to earth,and was discovered by Karl Ludwig Harding sometime around 1824.Before becoming a nebulae it was most likely a healthy star

Edited By Dragongem23 on 4/8/2020 at 11:15 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 7:54 PM Post #1764
Your new pet is set up for you hon. Enjoy!
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76414&page=177#1762
Author: Limor
Time Posted: 3/1/2020 at 7:12 PM
Can I grab:
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5377201
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/5/2020 at 9:29 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/1/2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1765
-- Cat's Eye Nebula --

The cat's eye nebula is a Nebula that has a vaguely cat's eye shape. Now my main memory of first hearing about this nebula was when I was 11 on the cover of a magazine at Whole Foods, I love cat's and the idea of a Nebula that looks like a cat's eye? Instant gold from me. What with this had to use a vulynx because it is the cat's eye nebula.

(Edited)

-- Jupiter --

Jupiter is the name of my cat, so of course I had to do Jupiter! Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system with it's famous red spot Jupiter is a gaseous planet and seeing as how Jupiter is my cat (once again) we have a Vulynx!

Restricted: Spring Blossoms, Valentines Lace

-- The Red Rectangle Nebula --

This nebula has a very strange shape, never seen it before! I found it while doing research for this challenge, and it turns out scientists don't know exactly how this nebula is formed and how it is this shape and the red 'dust' that trails off on it.

Restricted: Elven Markings, Fire Dancers Mane

(Edited)

-- Tabby's Star --

Tabby's star is a star that could be proof of a type five civilization (so aliens!) This star has a fluctuating light that is not easily explained by an orbit, as the light changes in a not even manner. It has been theorized in a more fun way that a structure is being built around it that a civilization is moving around the star as needed. What a fun idea!

(Edited)

Earth's Minimoon

So! Discovery! Earth has a new mini-moon! This is a new moon that has only been discovered in the past month! This moon is about the size of a car so very very small! It is likely a comet that our gravity field pulled in. (And of course had to use moon armour)

Restricted: Frosted Kitsune Markings

-- Titan --

Titan is one of Saturn's Moons, and the only other place in our galaxy we have for sure confirmation (besides earth!) of abundant liquid water. Another interesting fact about Titan is it's disappearing lakes, that come and go whenever 'they feel like it'.

(Edited)

-- Planet Nine --

Planet Nine is the hypothetical planet orbiting on the edge of our solar system. Scientists theorize it is a ice giant, it is hoped to be found in a year. It is thought to be around 3x larger then Earth, due to the unknown forces acting on objects around Pluto for no apparent reason. It has also been suggested it is a primordial black hole, which would change how we think of our universe.

Restricted: Valentine's Lace

(Edited)

55 Cancri e

(Photo above taken by the Hubble)
Cancri is nicknamed 'The Planet from Hell'. The planet is covered in half magma and one half of it is always in a perpetual night. It is carbon based and known as a 'diamond' world, a planet covered in diamonds. The magma side reaches 4,530F while the night side is only slightly cooler, and always a sightless dark. Scientists can't tell how it is so hot, as outside sources wouldn't heat it up that much so a mysterious heat must be coming from inside the planet.

Sombrero Galaxy

The sombrero galaxy is in our universe near Virgo. It has an interesting shape, and has an unusual bulge in the middle of it. It is 30% smaller then the milky way and it is theorized that in the middle of it is a huge black hole, which pulls everything in creating that unusual shape.

Restricted: Galactic Dust

Tarantula Nebula

The tarantula nebula is a large violent star forming area in the south-east corner of our universe. If it was closer to us it would take up the whole sky, blocking everything else from view. It is one of the largest formations in our galaxy the scientists know of.

Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse is a star that we might be able to see turn into a supernova, and one of the first in a very long time we could see with the naked eye. Betelgeuse could explode any day from now to the next 100,000 years. It has started dimming so there is a chance it has already exploded but due to the length of the light years between us we can't see it currently.

Restricted: Reaper's Mask
Edited By Limor on 3/5/2020 at 11:12 AM.
Dillpickle
Level 67
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 7:15 AM Post #1766
is this thing over now or can i still sign up?
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 7:22 AM Post #1767
The previous challenge is over. The next challenge began yesterday.

And you already signed up hon. Didn't you get my ping that you were accepted? I am sorry if you didn't. But yes you can participate and are now a member of this group. We do weekly challenges. Here is a link to the new challenge listed for you below. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

To Infinity And Beyond
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/5/2020 at 9:25 AM.
Dillpickle
Level 67
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 7:28 AM Post #1768
Rogue Planet CFBDSIR J214947.2-040308.9 (CFBDSIR2149 for short)

CFBDSIR2149 Rogue Planet Ryori Design

The new rogue planet, with the ungainly name of CFBDSIR J214947.2-040308.9 (CFBDSIR2149 for short), was found using the Very Large Telescope and the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope. The astronomers, led by Philippe Delorme from the Institut de plantologie et dastrophysique de Grenoble, CNRS/Universit Joseph Fourier, France, are calling the object a rogue planet candidate for now, as they want to study it further to confirm its free-floating status.
Edited By Dillpickle on 3/4/2020 at 7:24 AM.
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1769
(I don't know if this counts as re-using a design, seeing as some forms of moon have already been done)
Blood moon Bulbori

A "blood moon" happens when Earth's moon is in a total lunar eclipse. While it has no special astronomical significance, the view in the sky is striking as the usually whiteish moon becomes red or ruddy-brown. The last blood moon on Jan. 20-21, 2019 coincided with a supermoon and the Full Wolf Moon, earning it the title "Super Blood Wolf Moon." The next blood moon will happen during the total lunar eclipse of May 26, 2021, which will be visible from parts of North America, Australia, the Pacific and Asia.

Earthbound Ferrikki

Earth, our home, is the third planet from the sun. It's the only planet known to have an atmosphere containing free oxygen, oceans of water on its surface and, of course, life.

Lonely Asteroid Zolnixi

Imagining the Asteroid Belt as in the movies a small strip of space littered with huge rocks intent on mowing down your space ship?Well, imagine again because the Asteroid Belt is nothing like that. In fact it is a very lonely place for an asteroid. Astronomers estimate that the average distance between two asteroids in the asteroid belt is about 600,000 miles (966,000 km). This is about 2.5 times the distance between the Earth and the Moon. That is a lot of space between two neighboring asteroids!
Restricted Trait Used - Cute Witch Wings
Edited By Vanillalotus on 3/3/2020 at 8:45 AM.
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 4:00 PM Post #1770
Andromeda Galaxy

Restricted trait: Arcanists Tail

The Andromeda Galaxy is a galaxy which earned its name because it is near the constellation of Andromeda. I heard about it somewhere and decided to do it. Fun fact: in about 4.5 billion years it is expected to collide with the Milky Way then the two will merge together.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 176, 177, 178... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.031 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.