Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 173 1, 2, 3... 172, 173, 174... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 2/24/2020 at 6:12 PM Post #1721
I like the start you have here. Just remember your picture of your chosen god/goddess must be visible for all to see.

EVERYONE ELSE....I will be doing updates tomorrow!
Edited By Celticnuru on 2/27/2020 at 6:50 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/25/2020 at 8:09 AM Post #1722
Good Morning Designers!

Below you will see me feedback/comment/critique towards each of you individually. You can take it all as a suggestion, but have no need to actually apply it unless you want to. They are mere suggestions of possible improvement that might help you. If it is something that needs to be corrected for eligibility sack, I will most defiantly let you know as well, but mostly it will all be suggestions/comments. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know. Otherwise, keep up the amazing work that you do!

@Pickle....I really like your Apollo pet design, I can see the inspiration through out as the combination of colors and traits really set the image ablaze. The only real suggestion I have for you hon, is that the whites seems a bit out of place. That is unless you are going for the white hot look of a blazing sun. Otherwise, I would replace it with a golden tan look to match the appearance of his skin and the bronzy look he has. Either that or, maybe adding a little more of a darker golden tone to add some shadowing affects to the image. Completely up to you, but very well done all the same. Keep up the great work!

~*~*~

@Bunny...I think you have a great start to your designs. Your Athena really pops, and is understandably spot on. I love the look of the "Sun Armor" was a really nice touch to represent Athena's war goddess form. And the touch of the "Lightbringer orbs" was really neat. I love how you had the blend of pinks, golden yellows, and white. It really made it pop. My only suggestion with this designs is that "Swoosh" gene if I am correct could be changed in color a little bit to a golden bronze tan color to go along with the image more. Other then that it is perfect.

As for your Persephone pet design, I am a little more reserved about this one I am afraid. I love the species choice no doubt, but the colors and traits seems to clash a good bit. Maybe it is the dark tone of your reference picture that is contributing to it, I am not sure. Just something is off. The "broken shackles" I like, because how they can be perceived as the bond turmoil she suffers being torn between two entities. That of her mother whom she spends 6 months out of the year with, and that of her beloved husband the other 6 months out of the year. That is a good aspect that I defiantly think you should keep. But what I think is the problem is the colors maybe too pastel in appearance. Maybe get a little darker shading in there to go with your light. Or play around with the traits a little more if you want the pastel look. It is completely up to you. Otherwise great job!

~*~*~

@Limor...You have most defiant perked my curiosity with the gods/goddesses you have chosen. Like Iris, I didn't honestly know existed in Greek mythology. So thank you very much for bringing her to light like that. I truly appreciate learning knew things, and enjoy that you shared her with us for this challenge. As you can't really portray so to speak the messenger side of things, I love the choices you made with your design in adding the rainbow as speck so beautifully. Unfortunately the only thing I can suggest for change is nothing. With this design it is beautifully done, and has no real room for improvement.

With your Persephone design, I can really see what you were trying to incorporate with your ideal and concept of Persephone. I love the somber tone you took with it over all. The only change I would recommend changing on this is that you swap out the "Hyena" trait for something else. Maybe something a long the lines of "Merle", and or "Husky"? Otherwise, very nice on this one.

With your Aristaeus design, I can respect what you were going for here. However, I am not sure it came across as intended maybe. It does seem a bit off. Maybe it is the stark contrast between the warm colors to the crisp darkness displayed in the antennae perhaps? The "Spring Blossoms" was a great touch as bees often use flowers as a source of nectar and food. I would swap out the peach color you have to a pinkish color. A soft pink color would go with the warm look and still make them pop a little more instead of blending into the over all design. As for the wings, the "Fairy Wings" are an appealing trait but now with the theme of your design. Especially if you are going for a "bee" look. I would suggest a "Mantis" or "Dragonfly" wing choice there. As for the others. It would be a trail and error process trying to get the colors to work well with the chosen traits. Unfortunately for the Lunemara species that can and will prove difficult especially if you what that stark contrast to remain in your over all warm look. Otherwise, I am glad to learn about another god I never knew about. Way to go with that.

I love your design for Morpheus. The only changes I honestly would make as it is perfect the way it current is, is to incorporate the pale skin tone as seen in your reference picture. Outside of that, leave as is. My only think with this particular god as I do know of him. In your description you don't reference him to the Greeks. Could you please incorporate that so people whom don't know about his association can know please?

Much like your description of Morpheus, please provide how she is associated with the Greeks please. As for your design, I do like what I see so far. The Griffi was a nice choice for this design. I love your idea to include the shadows and darkside of the moon with the bluish purple color as seen in the "Chicken Tail (tips)", and the "Frostfeather mane". However, the "Double Stripes" clashes a good bit with the "Frostfeather markings". Maybe swap out the double stripes for a fade...Or the Swap out the frostfeather markings for kingfisher? Just suggestions mind you to help. The choice ultimately is yours.

For your Artemis design, I was shocked to see you chose the nixi over the faelore as she is often depicted with a deer at her side. But that is ok, I like the risk and adventurous step you took there. Way to go on that. I can see the dark tones used from the reference picture in this design, but how does the design reflect the goddess you are using for it's implied concept?

And as for your Aphrodite design, I think you did a really nice job with this design. Though it is a rather busy design, it is still on the cute side of things. I love the colors your chose from the warm colors of the burnt sienna(sp) to the soft tones. The only changes I would make is to remove the green color and had some soft muted pinks or reds. And maybe remove with the "Angelic runes" or the "Aristocrat stripes". I would personally remove the stripes and swap it out for something that would compliment the runes a little more. Something that would take away from them, but at the same time not make the over all design appear so busy. All in all, you did an amazing job this week Limor. Keep up the great work that you do.

~*~*~

@Dragon...Your design of Hestia was and is really nice. My only issue with it, is that it is rather busy. It has a lot going on, which takes away from the beauty of it. Maybe removing the mystic rings and or the leaf vein would help? And or change the rich reddish orange for a softer tan/brown coloration? Again it is completely up to you, as the choice is ultimately yours. Otherwise, very nice job this week hon. Very well done.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/25/2020 at 8:10 AM Post #1723
I will have an entries thus far post started up tomorrow if not later tonight. Until then, drop me a line if you need anything privately.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 2/25/2020 at 2:16 PM Post #1724
ares, god of war

because getting into a fight always amuses me, and because i enjoy (playfully, emphasis on PLAYFULLY) beating up my boyfriend c:

hades, god of the dead (yes, i used disney hades because i wanted blue fire)

i know he's the god of the dead and often viewed as a bad dude, but like...... hear me out here....... he isn't. it's just his JOB to guide people to the afterlife. i don't get why he's so hated :P after all, everyone has wanted to murder someone at some point. some of us want to die ourselves but like we don't talk about that. i know i've wanted to murder a number of people :)
Arcaneapathy
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 34
Posted: 2/25/2020 at 5:01 PM Post #1725

Ceto/Keto, Sea monster goddess and mother of many monstrous children including Medusa

Blue was an obvious choice, given she's a sea goddess, but I had to balance it out with something so I went with complimentary colors (orange). I originally had webbed wings, but ended up switching to tentacles to show off her monstrosity (same with corruption).
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/25/2020 at 7:37 PM Post #1726
Good Evening Designers!

I thank you most kindly for your submissions this week. There is still time to change, add to, or remove designs up to deadline. But so far so good. Below you will find a more personalized note to you individual as a point of feedback/critique/comment. You can take and use what you will, or leave it. Though if something needs to be changed and or removed, I will let you know specifically. But for now, please do keep up the great and wonderful work that you do.

@Art...I appreciate that you too a stab at two iconic gods with in the Greek pantheon. I every much enough both designs, but let me break it down a little more specifically per design. Your Ares god of war design was neatly done with the Kelpari. I think your traits were excellent, and colors were of correct shades to a point. The main I think would look a bit better if it was a more saturated red to go a long with your reference picture then the soft reddish pink that it is. And if there is a way you to give the "Pearl armor" a more golden and metallic look it might deliver more oomf. Other then that, excellent work! As for your reasoning why you chose Ares, I can understand and relate. So no judgment there hon you are all good.

And for your Hades design, I believe it is an excellent start to your design. But if you are going to use the Disney version his eyes are golden and he has a lot of darker tones they you are currently using. His skin of course is pale yes, but though a little bit more shade and shadow to create that dusky darkness about him. Otherwise, I think you are good to go there.

~*~*~

@Arcaneapathy...I love the idea that you chose Keto/Ceto, also known to a lot of Greeks as Ketea. She was an excellent choice. Though I think you would have done better with the Sylvorpa, or Kelpari as they are more sea related like she is. Though to offset that comment, I do like your idea to use the tentacles. It was a good use of a trait that isn't used that often or that well. In this case it was perfect. I also think that those the Spring Arcanist tail is a beautiful trait it gives the design a fancy nice trait when you are trying to emphasis on the monster side of things. Maybe the fly trap or lotus tail traits may have been a better option? I do think your idea of the corruption was a nice touch, though the color purple you have might want to change it out for a richer deeper blue coloration? Again a suggestion, you can take it or leave it as you will hon. I just love the over idea of what you are trying to pull off here. Outstanding! Keep up the great work!
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 9:14 PM Post #1727
I really don't want to do this, but I have to opt out. I've missed a lot of school this week due to being sick and need time to catch up, especially on my big 100 pt English project.
Opipearl
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 11:46 PM Post #1728
Hecate: She is the goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts,crossroads,doorways and necromancy. Hecate witnessed the abduction of Demeter's daughter Persephone to the underworld and, torch in hand, assisted in the search for her. Later on though she would assist persephone form going to and from the underworld.

Edit Version:

Eirs: Greek Goddess of chaos. Most well known for sorta being the one to start the trojan war. By throwing a golden apple and stating that the most beautiful goddess shall have it. Hera, Aphrodite and Athena reach for it. So to settle for the who the most beautiful goddess is the went to find a mortal man. Each one of them promise something with Aphrodite promising the princess of Troy. I choose bulbs because rabbits can be chaotic and destructive balls of cuteness.

Edited By Opipearl on 2/28/2020 at 12:02 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/27/2020 at 6:59 AM Post #1729
That is completely understandable. Good luck with your project and I hope you feel better soon. See you next week!
Apr
Level 15
Threads: 1
Posted: 2/27/2020 at 7:01 AM Post #1730
NAME:APR
PREFERED NAME:Lexi
PLAYER ID:130788
NAME OF FAV. SPECIES IN SYLESTIA:Nixi
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 172, 173, 174... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.