Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 172 1, 2, 3... 171, 172, 173... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 2/19/2020 at 6:20 PM Post #1711
Remember I need your votes privately not on here in this thread.

Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 2/19/2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1712
oh sorry XD
Revol
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 2/20/2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1713
I'm so sorry! I'll pm you as soon as I can!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/21/2020 at 8:48 AM Post #1714
As it stands now, the voting is extremely close. We are awaiting the voting from a couple other members.
Every vote counts especially with the results being this close!

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76414&page=171#1707
Author: Celticnuru
Time Posted: 2/19/2020 at 8:36 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am pinging all of you as I still have not had a majority rules on wither or not we should do voting on a weekly basis. I have had a total of 3 people cast their votes. You only have until this Sunday to vote. I know I gave you a week off from the group, but I still need you to cast your vote. If you see your name below, then it means I am still waiting on a vote from you! Please cast that vote soon.

As a reminder, if the vote passes deadline for submissions will be Friday at 7pm CST in which the voting will begin shortly there after once top 3 goes up. You will at that point have until that Sunday to cast your vote privately until Sunday at 12pm CST.

I need participation by all on this please.

Voting Stats Currently: YAY(s) 4/6 NAY(s)

NAYS HAVE IT...Majority rules.

Still Awaiting A Vote From:

Opipearl,

Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/22/2020 at 9:28 PM Post #1715
All right folks, I am ending the voting early even though we don't have everyone's vote, we do have a majority ruling though.

With a close vote of 4 to 6, a majority of you voted against weekly voting. So thing will remain as they are now. Were I choose, or have an outside source choose the weekly top 3.

On random occasions, I will have you vote as a member there. Just not every week. If you have any questions, please let me know privately. I will have the next challenge up sometime tomorrow, but no later than 6pm CST.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/23/2020 at 10:43 AM Post #1716
"Going To The Greek" Challenge

Created By: Vanillalotus

With this member created challenge folks, you are charged with the task to create a design based on and or around the Greek gods and goddesses. So a little research is involved, but to help you our wonderful Vani has provided us with a list of these particular gods and goddesses. Choose one or more if you wish to do a pet design(s) of or about. Just remember that if you provide and display multiple designs, you will have to keep everything to one post. Also, remember to follow all requirements and ask for help if you need assistance. And lastly, if you intend not to participate in this awesome challenge, even though you should give it a try, please state so before deadline passses on Sunday at 5pm CST.

Those Choosing To Opt Out: Koterfaye
Deadline: Sunday 3/1/20 @ 5pm CST

List Of Greek Gods And Goddesses:
Zeus- King of the gods, god of the sky and storms
Poseidon- Ruler of the sea
Hades-Lord of the underworld and the afterlife
Hera-Queen of the gods, goddess of marriage
Demeter-Goddess of grain and the harvest
Aphrodite-Goddess of love and beauty
Dionysus-God of wine
Hermes-The messenger god
Athena-Goddess of wisdom and battle strategy
Ares- God of war
Artemis-Goddess of the hunt
Apollo-God of light and music
Hephaestus-God of the forge
Persephone-Goddess of springtime

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) Your design must be based on and or around a Greek god/goddess. Greek gods/goddesses are the only pantheon to be used for this challenge. If your desired Greek god/goddess is not on the above list, you will need to provide an explanation of whom your desired GREEK god/goddess is, how they are associated with the Greek gods/goddesses. Again they must be from the GREEK pantheon only!
2.) A reference picture is needed. Please keep them reasonably sized, so nothing too big.
3.) A brief description of why your design or how your design represents your chosen Greek god/goddess. Maybe even a list, or explanation of their powers set though it is not required. Like what were they known for.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~
1.) All main core rules are in affect/effect.
2.) Failure to follow all rules/requirements, and you will be given a chance to fix your designs before deadline. Failure to complete those changes will result in your design and or designs no longer being eligible for possible placements in the weekly top 3.

~EXAMPLE~

Poseidon: Greek god of the sea, storms, earthquakes, and horses.

My design represent the Greek god Poseidon on the blessed merriment of two things he is known for. The sea and horses. According to Greek mythology, Poseidon created the horse in an attempt to clear his head and calm his advances on the goddess Demeter. By the time the horse was finished his feelings for her waved and the first horse was created. As for the sea, that is his dominant domain. He controls and rules over the seas and vast oceans. If he upset him, he was known to make the sea turbulent making it unsafe for travel. He could also make it since he was the god of storms to the point no wind would grace your sales. He would even deny you bounty to feed your families of fish. And if you pleased him, or gained his favor you were truly blessed with safe and quick passage, enjoy food in your nets, among many other things. I chose Poseidon, because I love the sea and all marine life. I love the history that is behind it, and the stories that can be told from it about it.
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/1/2020 at 4:40 PM.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 2/23/2020 at 3:27 PM Post #1717
for my first design i chose to make apollo god of light/the sun, healing, archery, music, and poetry

i chose to do apollo for many different reasons some being...
1. he is the god of music and i love music!
2. according to the demigod quiz he is my godly parent (what can i say? i love Rick Riordan's books)
3. archery is cool and staying alive is good soooo... yeah
this design was based on light, sun, and apollo's sun chariot
Edited By Picklethedarklord on 2/23/2020 at 3:27 PM.
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 2/23/2020 at 6:29 PM Post #1718
Athena:

I chose Athena because I thought she would be pretty fun to make. I wanted to have one of the prettier looking goddesses to make a design out of. Also, she must have been pretty amazing in mythology to have a city (Athens) named after her. I based the design off of her war/battle side and included her armor.

Persephone:

I chose Persephone because I was making the Athena design, and I just had the sudden idea to do Persephone. I included both how she was the godddess of spring, and how she lives in the underworld with hades. I dunno I thought her story was cool.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 2/23/2020 at 11:16 PM Post #1719

(Link to page I found gods: https://greekgodsandgoddesses.net/gods/]
and goddesses: https://greekgodsandgoddesses.net/goddesses/)

Iris

Iris is the goddess of Rainbow's and the messenger for the other gods, she works directly for Hera and I chose her as I like the bright colors and (in stories ive read) the bright and cheerful personality

Persephone

I love the story of her kidnapping by Hades, its so interesting. Plus the mix of her being the goddess of Spring Growth and life, with this other side of her being the Queen of the Underworld. The symbolism of Pomegranate seeds is also something i wanted to show.

Aristaeus

Aristaeus is the greek god of Farming. I have a love for the cottagecore aesthetic and being a greek god who fits these warm and calming colors I wanted to make him. The reason for the lunemara is the association with bee-keeping

Morpheus

The god of dreams and sleep. Personally I have lots of crazy and wild dreams, which inspired me picking this god to make a design off of. He can take any human form and walk in the dreams of others in some stories.

Selene

Selene is the goddess of the moon, being a nightowl myself I see the moon a lot and using that as a 'connection' to this goddess I created this design.

Artemis

The goddess of the hunt, personally I first heard of her when I was little from the book 'Artemis Fowl' who, ironically, was a male character. In many stories she is depicted of having a 'cult' of women and (in some ways) can be thought of as leader of ancient woman's rights.

Aphrodite

Well I was listening to this song Alrighty Aphrodite by Peach Pit and had the inspiration to make a design based on her. Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty and my main goal here was to make an enthralling design that reflects her color and ideas.

Edited By Limor on 2/24/2020 at 6:03 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 2/24/2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1720
Hestia Goddess Of The Home and Hearth

There isn't many good images of her online in my opinion but I don't think I could just do the statues

This design represents the one of the 3 Virgin Olympian Goddesses,Hestia.Goddess of the home and hearth,a centerpiece in the everyday life of almost any greek person.Known as the Eldest and the youngest of the Children of Kronos and Rhea,because of the whole process that happened when he ate his children and regurgitated them.
She's not seen often in myth because she stayed at the hearth making sure it was lit and everything was fine.She's considered the most gentle and most mild of the deities,apparently some call her colorless because of her lack of myths

Thanatos
God of Death

Many confuse him and hades but he's pretty much the grim reaper.He's the son of Nyx,and brother to Hypnos the god of sleep.

I might add more at one point
Edited By Dragongem23 on 2/29/2020 at 7:20 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 171, 172, 173... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.