Players 2,393 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,247,200 1,865
Generated 656,261 10
Captured 1,190,628 52
Bred 6,400,216 1,803
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 169 1, 2, 3... 168, 169, 170... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 9:32 AM Post #1681
ENTRIES THUS FAR - Post 1

"Will You Be My Valentine?!" Challenge

Below are the entries that have been created thus far. Each design below has met all requirements for this challenge along with the general theme of said challenge. If you do not see your name below, that could be because of a few items. The first being, you have yet to submit a design. Or you have not completed 1 or more requires of said challenge. Please review the main post for this challenge to make sure. Once you believe you have, PING me and let me know so I can re-review your design post. Please remember not to quote your own design post or repost it. We only need it once per challenge. If you add to or take from your design post, just PING me a heads up that you did so and I will look you design post up. Otherwise, good luck to one and all.

ENTRIES THUS FAR POST 2

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Vani's Designs:

(Childhood Crush)

(Valentines Day Card)

(Heartache)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Koterfaye's Designs:

(Cupid's Zolnixi)

(Romantic Rose Griffi)

(Goddess of Love Ryori)

(Pink Carnation Faelora)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Arcaneapathy's Designs:

(Pastel Passion)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dragon's Designs:

(Carmel Chocolates)

(Busted Flowers)

(Single Pringle)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Art's Designs:

(heartbreak angel kelpari)

(wilted flower ferrikki)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Opipearl's Designs:

(Self Love)

(Alstroemeria flower)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bunny's Designs:

(First Lover Aeridini)

(Unwanted Love Luxors)
Edited By Celticnuru on 2/16/2020 at 9:22 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 9:34 AM Post #1682
I have updated the Hall Of Fame. I have begun the Entries Thus Far Post, but I will have to finish it later tonight after work. So if you don't see yours there this afternoon, it will be there later this evening. I will let you all know once all updates have been completed.!
Edited By Celticnuru on 2/11/2020 at 5:16 PM.
Opipearl
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 2:50 PM Post #1683
Self Love

Edit:

For me personally I am single so I take valentine day as a day to love myself. I choose these colors because when I was looking at art pieces people did they used them and also used flowers

Alstroemeria flower

Edit:

*Might still change the Nixi later
Edited By Opipearl on 2/12/2020 at 9:30 PM.
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 4:07 PM Post #1684
First Lover Aeridini

Unwanted Love Luxors
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 5:21 PM Post #1685
I have completed the updates to the Entries Thus Far post. I will be doing some friendly feedback soon.
Edited By Celticnuru on 2/12/2020 at 7:11 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 5:28 PM Post #1686
-- School Friends --
Personally I song I think fits many relationships on Valentines, one sided and more a school crush. It's very bittersweet in a way and I tried to use colors that reflect that.

-- School Crush --
I wanted lots of warm-soft colors that reflect that mushy middleschool love.

-- Romance Blues --
Being alone on Valentines day can be quite melancholy and sad.

-- Jaded Lover --
an ex lover who is unhappy and angry about an ended relationship

-- Chocolate Strawberry --
A common food of Valentines.

-- Onesided Love --
For those relationships that are onesided, immense love and a surge of caring from oneside and nothing on the other.

-- Olive Garden Proposal --
This tweet says it all

I just wanted a fun design to go along with all the more serious ones

Edited By Limor on 2/12/2020 at 8:56 PM.
Opipearl
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 2/11/2020 at 6:35 PM Post #1687
Just letting you know I added another design to my post. Since you said you wanted to be ping with stuff like that.=D
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/12/2020 at 9:23 AM Post #1688
I will update the Entries Thus Far post later today.

Also to everyone....I have begun the feedback post but I am wanting to take my time so I can present you with positive as well as negative feedback. A critique if you will. I will get that up soon as well.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/12/2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1689
You have all done amazing jobs this week with your submissions. You still have time to change any, add to, and or take away from. If you do alter your design post in any way, please let me know by PINGing me a heads up. For now though, below I have a personal feedback for each of you. Please seek out your name to see what I have to say to you. If you want to discuss, please PM me privately to keep the thread clear for designs only.

~*~*~*~*~

@Vani....You have presented 3 very pretty Valentine's Day designs for this challenge. I admit that I do like your Kelpari over the other 2, but don't let that upset you in anyway. Your designs the Bulbori and Luffox were both well done as well. I just really like what you did with the Kelp over the others. But since you did provide multiple designs, I want to break them down individually for you a bit.

Your Bulbori design made excellent use of 2 traits. I believe they are the G1: Broken and M3: Enchanting Flowers, then I can be mistaken there. My only issue is the bright Magenta like color is throwing it off for me just a bit. It might be the combination of soft light pinks mixed with a stark difference with the darker tones that make that particular color pop the way it does. Don't get me wrong, that is a nice color...It is just something in conjunction with it that is not sitting just right. Maybe switch to using a various array of darker pinks with a little bit of lighter shades for a spot of highlight. Or switch your darker tones for lighter shades maybe. Just enough of a change to smooth out the transition from one to the other might work. Or at least change it in the right spot like the flowers to give them life and now fade/blend into the rest of the design. Otherwise, your "Childhood Crush" is a cute design.

Your Luffox 5 trait designs is nice, but I am not sure if the traits themselves work together with the colors chosen. I maybe wrong here, but your traits I believe are G1: Clouded Leopard, G2 Petals, M1:Flower Adornment, M2: Tassel Costume, and M3: Lovely Hearts. My hang up with this design is the G1 and G2 traits. I intruth don't think they are very appealing together. To me they seem to conflict more together than come together for a sort of cohesiveness. Maybe swapping out Petals for Lynx, or taking out the petals altogether. I don't mean to upset you if I am, but though this is a nice design the trait choice is taking it down a bit from what it could be and I know you are more then capable of doing.

Your Kelpari design blew me away.The various shades of red against the contrast of the soulless black color were spot on. You had the lighter shades of red just in the right spot that gave the design's over all appearance the highlights it needed, while keeping the darker shades evenly distributed throughout. I really think you did well over all with this beautiful design. The traits were also chosen wisely as well, as I can see the heartache and the dying love in the over all design. Way to go.

@Koterfaye.... You presented 4 different and distinct designs this week that were all very impressive. I respect the fact you made an attempt to use green in a couple of your designs to reflect the greenery of flowers that are often given to loved ones for the lover's holiday. My only draw back comment with that is, the green seems a bit over powering. Almost like their is too much of it in both designs. But let me break each one down specifically for you.

Your "Cupid's Zolnixi" is pretty interesting. I really don't have anything negative to say for that, outside of the aspects of the icy blue color you used. Maybe turn it white and or a vibrant red instead? As well as swap the stripped wings out for just regular feathered wings, as the stripes take away from the spots which for me works well. But it is your design run with it as you would see fit in this case.

For your "Romantic Rose Griffi", this is an instance where the green seems a bit over powered. If there is a way to transition more reds in the top down into the green it might work. But that would require patience and working with your colors and traits a bit more. Otherwise, they are very nice to look at for a budding rose.

In regards to your"Goddess of Love Ryori", I actually really like this design. Your shading and color choice works well with the traits you have chosen. My only recommendation for this, is to darken maybe a tad the Ethereal horns a bit away from the Magenta coloration they currently are?

"Pink Carnation Faelora", design that you have is nice. But again there appears to be too much green in the over all design. Maybe swap out a green and or the darker pink colors for a lighter shade of pink. The trait specifically I would recommend changing out to a lighter pink is the wildcat trait for G2. Again that is a mere suggestion for you.

@Arcaneapathy....Your design is interesting and pretty all in one. I normally am not a huge fan of the Lunes, but this is intriguing to see. My only real critique for this is remove the swirl in G2 section. It is the only think to me that takes away from your over all designs. Otherwise, really well done!

@Dragon.....You brought 3 interesting designs to the challenge this week that were really appealing to the eye. Your attention to detail is remarkable, and I honestly have bit a handful of things to say. So please allow me this opportunity to break it down by design for you.

Your "Carmel Chocolates" is an interestingly beautiful piece. I can see the milk chocolate throughout the design. My only confusion is what is the purpose of the red in the M1 and M3 traits? My only guess would be that, you wanted to include colors most commonly associated with the Valentine holiday. Which in this case it was beautiful done. And the only reason I bring that up is because of the fact you said Caramel Chocolates. I don't see nor associate the color red or pink with caramel. But that is ok, it works very well with the design. My only real offer for a suggested change would be the light color you using in the fur. Not the rich milk chocolate color, but the almost white chocolate color. Maybe change it to a more rich golden tan like color to represent caramel a little better. But again, that is your choice.

As for your "Busted Flowers" design, it was a great start. I honestly think that it was a brilliant idea. The only thing is that is far too much greenery with in the design. If there is a way to insert other various colors to represent the variety of flowers might work out just a tad better, but it is completely up to you. As an over all finished product, it is still a great design.

And lastly, your "Single Pringle" design was extremely interesting, especially based not only on the design itself...But your explanation of it as well. Way to go there! I can see what you were aiming for, and I really think you pulled it off. The only down side really is that I can't and don't like those Pringle flavors. But just because I don't, doesn't mean I will hold it against you. This design of yours works well. Keep up the amazing work.

@Art.... I am sorry that you dislike this holiday so very much. Shockingly enough not many people do, but those that do enjoy this holiday have a tendency to really go all out. I personally think it is a waste of money. That instead of expecting pretty shinny things and flowers...One should be thankful they are with someone and have a nice evening in with them. But that is just me. As for your designs, I can see your distaste for the holiday richly through your "heartbreak angel kelpari". The dark chocolaty color was a brilliant touch, however...Your reds. I don't think were crisp enough to bring across the angst loathing of heart ache you were looking for. The soft red mutes the harsh tone I believe you are attempting to create with the overall design. Maybe saturate it a bit more, and make it bolder might work over all.

As for your "wilted flower ferrikki", I think you did a really really cute design. But something times me that is not something you were going for. Also, if you wanted to create a "wilting" effect/affect I wouldn't have given life through color to the flowers. The vine part works well..But maybe used grays and or black instead of the soft mint green and or pink colors? But again that is just a suggestion. Other than that, I love the design.

@Opipearl....I love the adventurous step you took with your designs. Very well done hon. Give me this opportunity to break it down by design a bit for you. Mind you, these are mere suggestions. You can run with it and make the changes, or keep them as is...It is up to you.

Your "Self Love" design was a neat treat to say the least. It was a soft elegant display of muted colors with a trace of an edgy more saturated color near the tail and abdomen. I respect your choice about the self love. In truth I agree wholeheartedly, as there is too much BS in the world right now. If there was more self love, then people would know respect and appreciation for themselves more. Know more self worth, and in turn know how to give it to others in kind. So well done! The only thing I could remotely suggest changing is the color yellow. Maybe making it more of a golden rod color, or something more of a pink/magenta color instead of the yellow. But that is just a suggestion with that particular design.

As for your "Alstroemeria flower" design, I love the concept. True that is a flower heavily used in Valentine's Day bouquets. However, your design over all is rather dark when that flower is so light and vibrant. Maybe soften and lighten the colors a bit more throughout would make it stand out better. Either way, well done this week!

@Bunny....I liked how you played both cards on the field. The love and the forsaken so to speak. Very nice touch. Since you submitted 2 designs, please allow me a chance to break down some suggestions for you. You can do with the suggestions as you see fit. Heck, you don't even have to use them but they may help.

For your "First Lover Aeridini", I love the innocence of the design over all. The female is spot on, but the male could use a slight change. Maybe swap out the Mystical flowers for mystical petals or lunar jewelry for a more masculine appearance? It doesn't have to be those traits, you could change something else. But to give the male a more manly appearance to compliment the dantiness of the female would work I think beautifully with your concept.

Then, for your "Unwanted Love Luxors", honestly I would pitch the wings all together. Maybe use the frosty wing instead? The colors are perfectly find, but the wings are a bit bulky and take away from the appeal of what I think you maybe going for. But again it is up to you. Over all this week, you did an amazing job. Keep up the great work!

@Limor....I have to admit that you never seize to amaze me. You bring to the table each time unique and interesting designs. You truly do have a knack for design, and I hope to get the opportunity to see more of your designs continuing forward. But because you have so many this week, please allow me the change to speak to you a brief moment about each...

The "School Friends" design has a very athletic appearance. I would say almost track link, as if they were on a track team. Admittingly I am not too keen on the regalia of hermes persay, but I do like the crown it gives the Nixies. The rest I guess can be contributed to the "Swiftness" of said track team. I am just running with it here, sorry if I say something over the line in any way. It is just that trait helps and hinders. Maybe the steampunk outfit would be a better option. I am not sure...

The "School Crush" design is a very beautiful design. The honestly only thing I can think of that would be worth changing is if you could make the male look a little more masculine. But that is just a suggestion. Maybe something as simple as removing the Valentine's lace from only him?

As for your "Romance Blues", does not appear lonely or really sad. More like spiteful and vengeful. Almost as if they have been jaded one too many times and now want to cause issues and vex those that fall in love so they are as miserable as they are. Don't get me wrong, they are very nice designs, but I just don't see the depression melancholy. Maybe a name change would be a good suggestion, as I am not sure how to make them seem alone and depressed outside of removing one or the other. Not without changing colors. I would use more various shades of rich blue colors beside the mat style colors you used. A nice combination should do the trick. If any thing of what i just said made sense. >_<. I started to confuse even myself with this one. I did however, enjoy the design though.

"Chocolate Strawberry" is a design that honestly, I don't think you really need to touch. I think you have the right amount of colors in the right placed. The only thing I can remotely think of is if there was a way to add a little white drizzle for the white chocolate that you can often see on the chocolate covered strawberries out there.

Your "Onesided Love" is a painful reminder to a great number of people. You give, and you give all that you can and get used. But then when you expect the same kind in return you are left with nothing but hollowed promises and heart ache. You feel like I am showing how much I care, but the feeling clearly isn't mutual to any degree leaving you wondering what is going on. That is why you should during this season budget yourself. You can't buy love, and they should be grateful for anything at all. Because it should be the thought that counts, not how high the price tag is. With that being said...Your design is an interesting collection of traits and colors. The rainbow trait used can represent a wide range of emotions that surge and flow during this time of year. The rich reds and pale pinks the love. Where the soft grays and blacks the dying embers of what once was love now lost. I think your design and concept come very close over all and works well together. Very well done!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/12/2020 at 7:15 PM Post #1690
ENTRIES THUS FAR - Post 2

"Will You Be My Valentine?!" Challenge

Below are the entries that have been created thus far. Each design below has met all requirements for this challenge along with the general theme of said challenge. If you do not see your name below, that could be because of a few items. The first being, you have yet to submit a design. Or you have not completed 1 or more requires of said challenge. Please review the main post for this challenge to make sure. Once you believe you have, PING me and let me know so I can re-review your design post. Please remember not to quote your own design post or repost it. We only need it once per challenge. If you add to or take from your design post, just PING me a heads up that you did so and I will look you design post up. Otherwise, good luck to one and all.

ENTRIES THUS FAR POST 1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Limor's Designs:

(School Friends)

(School Crush)

(Jaded Lover)

(Chocolate Strawberry)

(Onesided Love)

(Olive Garden Proposal)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spiritbeast's Designs:

(Lovely Rose)

(Roses Are Red, Violets Are Blue)
Edited By Celticnuru on 2/16/2020 at 9:21 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 168, 169, 170... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.032 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.