Players 2,283 407
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,274,259 1,529
Generated 656,698 111
Captured 1,193,915 518
Bred 6,423,551 900
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 165 1, 2, 3... 164, 165, 166... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Arcaneapathy
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 34
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 6:58 PM Post #1641
updated
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 7:18 PM Post #1642
Good Evening Designers!

I wanted to thank each of you participating in this week's challenge, and submitted a design still early on in the challenge as well. Way to go there! Also, I do have a little feedback for each of you to go over so please...If you see your name below, by all means what I have to say directly to you. Take what I say as a suggestion. It is not required to do what I say in this posting, but it may help you improve your design some and or give you better chances at possible placement in the top 3. For now, may the best designers come out on top!

~*~*~*~*~*~

@Dragon...Your designs have a really great start this week. I believe the names are most defiantly unique, and I like that about them. However, I do believe you missed the mark a little with this challenge a bit. The designs themselves need to look as close to wet paint or marker as possible. Let's break this down by design, starting with your "Melting Ice". Out of your 3 designs, this Kelpari design is pretty close to hitting the mark with this challenge. You have a lot of flowing and or water like traits through out your design. Such traits stemming from cloud runes, seahorse, reaper's drape, luminous fins, and glowing water. With the various shades of blue you have chose to use, makes these 5 traits actually work well together. The over all design is very pretty, but it doesn't exactly look like it is wet like fresh paint which is the object of the challenge. Trying playing around with the shading of your colors and see if you can achieve that with this design.

As for your "Cracking Lava" Lupora design, it most defiantly looks toasty. I do like the image, as it does seem to defiantly give off that heat/warm vibe to it. Especially with your leaf trait, wings. However, with this design much like your first one, it is lacking that moist appearance. Try cutting back soft tones, and use more rich shades of the colors you chose for this design. And for your "Bloodflow" Puffadore design, it has a liquid sounding name. However, it does not appear to be moist in any way that resembles wet paint and or marker. You may want to try and play around with your color choices a little. Steer away from dull soft colors, and go with more vibrant deep rich colors for this design. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

@Art....You have a couple of neat looking designs this week hon. Your jewels on your Bulbori wings/body and the jewels on your Nytekrie's armor look vibrant and spot on for this this challenge. However, the rest of those too designs seem a bit muted. The designs over all should look as wet as possible. This challenge relies heavily this week on the shading aspect of things when it comes to colors. So all I can honestly suggest is for you to play around with the colors a but to see if you can accomplish this. Otherwise, keep up the awesome work that you do!

@Koterfaye....You submitted a couple of really nice designs this week. There are bits of your Kelpari design that really hit the mark with your mystic water trait. However, with the rest of your Kelpari design I believe could use a little more richness to the colors. More vibrant if you will. The color choices are great, but they are rather soft and don't exactly look as if they were just freshly painted just moments ago. Your "Wet Dog" design is nice with the frosty wind, again however it does not appear very liquidy. My suggestion for you is try and play around with the traits alittle more while working on using rich vibrant colors. Remember shading is important to give your design that over all wet appearance. Otherwise, very well done..Very well done indeed.

@Bunny....Your designs are very nice and pretty. They have a wet theme so to speak behind them, but they do not visibly represent the idea and concept of the current challenge. You want your design to appear wet. Like as if you just painted them yourself and you are currently awaiting for the paint to dry. Try working with shading your designs a little more using rich vibrant colors. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

@Unknownworld....You have a very beautiful start to your design this week, very nice. However, it is extremely soft in appearance as well. You want to try and steer away from the soft, and use viberant colors. You want your design not just look wet by trait choices, but by colors and shades too. Using the traits and colors you have. Try and play around with them a little to see if you can make your design appear moist as if you are letting it dry after painting it.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 7:20 PM Post #1643
All right folks, I will update everything tomorrow. Drop me a line if you need me for anything.

Arcaneapathy, I will add your changes to the next update.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 8:19 PM Post #1644
I took your advice and updated them,i didn't really know how to make it look more Wet...I saturated colors and swapped round traits...I do like the redesign for the third on better tho.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76414&page=164#1633
Author: Dragongem23
Time Posted: 2/4/2020 at 9:06 AM

I'm not very good at liquids

Painted Lakeicle

Cracking Lava

What's This Red Stuff?
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/4/2020 at 10:51 PM Post #1645
I will take a look at it here again tomorrow when I do the updates. Thanks for the heads up.

Though, you didn't have to quote your design post. Saying what you said was more than enough. :-)
Seek
Level 75
Wondrous Warlock
Threads: 42
Posted: 2/5/2020 at 5:42 AM Post #1646
Nighttime Stream

Lava Seam
Kvalc
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 25
Posted: 2/5/2020 at 4:29 PM Post #1647
I edited it. (Male is new version)
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/5/2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1648
I am doing updates since I did not do them this morning. I will be on for a while doing so if you need me for anything.
Edited By Celticnuru on 2/5/2020 at 6:34 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/5/2020 at 6:44 PM Post #1649
Good Evening,

If you are being PINGed directly to this post, then we have yet to receive a submission for this week's challenge. Don't worry though, as you still have loads of time yet to turn one in and try to complete the "Liquidation" challenge. If you are opting out, you will need to clearly state such in the thread here, or PM me privately to discuss.

Deadline is this coming Sunday at 5pm CST. All submissions and opt out declarations need to be done before that time!

If you have questions and or need assistance, please reach out to me or someone in the group to help you. Otherwise, good luck and we look forward to seeing what you bring to the table this week!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/5/2020 at 6:49 PM Post #1650
I have completed all updates thus far. If you notice any errors in missing designs and what have you please let me know ASAP. Thank you.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 164, 165, 166... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.