Players 2,356 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,256,924 1,133
Generated 656,451 15
Captured 1,191,067 33
Bred 6,409,311 1,085
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 120 1, 2, 3... 119, 120, 121... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 11/10/2019 at 9:15 AM Post #1191
Late Autumn Nephini

I dislike the Neph because of its body shape and wing overlays. Plus I feel like the traits category for the Neph is lacking. A lot of them do not work well together, and just 1 mistake can ruin your design idea. I highly dislike the small number of choices you have, which makes it difficult to make designs with this species. The only parts of the Neph are the Feathered and Spectral wings, and the Monarch G2 gene. As I have said before, the wing's overlay is extremely strange and to add on, the other wings just don't seem to suit the noodle body. Also it's feet kinda creep me out.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 11/10/2019 at 4:36 PM Post #1192
-- Morkko --
So my main issues with Morkko is the layering of traits, they work oddly together and designing them can be a pain. Many of the m3s also bother me, looking in most cases odd and layered weird. The g1/g2 traits themselves are also quite difficult to work with, they layer over and atop each other in strange ways that cause them to get cluttered and messy quite easily. Going past a 3/4v morkko can be quite hard so I aimed for a 6v design, too challenge myself.

-- Cranberry Salsa --

-- Nephini --
With Nephini I have the same issue with them as I do with the morkko, they simply get cluttered so easily. A.d, as Koterfaye said, the wings are oddly layered. Lich wings themselves are a whole mess, and I avoid them whenever possible (and will be this challenge as they just, don't look appealing.) Neph's genes two and three bother me, as they have such varied reach over the body and wings.

-- Gaudy Gift --

-- Puffadore --
As with all my other issues with previous sylestias, I have a problem with the traits. Gene one itself has so many issues, traits like bernese drawing from (for some unknown reason) the c3 mainly, even though it should draw from the trait color itself. The weird color drawing is what mainly bothers me and the puffadores themselves i don't have too much of an issue with but working with them for designing bothers me so much.

-- Blue Tang --

-- Critique --
So with your design I love the color choices you made, blue with creams and browns are always pleasant to look at. With your design the main issues I can point out is that The blue, mainly on g1, looks a little muddy or doesn't... fit. I can also suggest throwing in some yellows, as pale yellows with the oranges and blues will work well as a good complimentary colors. The pinky colors on the ear fins are also slightly odd, as the color does not reappear anywhere else in the design and either moving this color to other parts of the design or eliminating it completely could be a good idea. I also suggest adding in fairy shimmer, as it adds in a nice flair of shinyness that the challenge is asking for. I would also suggest changing some of the genes, in order to reduce clutter of the design. Overall you had a very pleasant design, that I enjoyed looking at and could go as is without being changed and still seem appealing too the viewer.

<
Sairento
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 164
Posted: 11/10/2019 at 11:21 PM Post #1193
Neon Witch Draeyl

I personally actually quite like my current design! Mostly cause it consists of colours I like, and restricted traits..

Ok, here we go.. No offence to the people who don't hate Draes.

I hate the Drae a lot. Without traits[Which happens a lot, because themeds..] the Drae is EXTREMELY plain. It only uses the 3 colours slots and to me it's pretty much flatcolour. Now, assuming it has traits. A lot of the genes are extremely plain, and/or don't really... work well with most colours choices. Mutation, oh I hate the mutations. Pretty much all the mutations are ugly/plain, except the restricted ones. Last of all, I'm not a fan of the Drae design itself. Overall, dont like this species.

~~~~~
Critique

I would like to start off by saying the colours of your design went together perfectly. The red, orange and heck, even the green was chosen nicely. As well as this, however much I hate Morkko, I really love your design. It's really pretty. However much I love your design though, there are, of course, flaws. First, cranberries, in my experience, have a pinkish tint, so I made some reds more pink. I've also changed the orange slightly, to be a bit more red, because I've never seen orange have anything to do with cranberries. Last, I brightened one of the greens a bit. I felt that the greens made it a little gloomy.
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 11/11/2019 at 10:48 AM Post #1194
Mint Ghost Faelora

When it comes to making fae designs, I always have difficulty. I don't really like faes since it's so hard to make decent designs out of them. They have very few traits, and the traits they have feel off and they don't go together. There's so much potential, they just need more traits. They have this kind of beauty and realism that I don't quite see in other species, and that's why It was really hard for me to pick these guys.

Critique Edit

I absoulutely love the valentines lace idea, so I used it :D its so soft that it works, it adds this sort of ghostly vibe. I've saturated the colors and made them more green, it now looks more like it used to be alive rather than just a plain ghost.

Critique for Sairento
I really love this design, its beautiful and the colors and traits go really well together. The blue and the green, just perfection. You really know how to make amazing designs. I normally don't like neon colors since they hurt my eyes but you managed to pull it off and create a stunning draeyl. The one thing that I noticed is the aura(?) coming out of the Astral Armor is a little blue compared to the rest of the design. I adjusted this by making the eye color a little more mint green. Overall I love this design.
-->
Edited By Spiritbeast on 11/13/2019 at 10:39 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 11/11/2019 at 11:03 AM Post #1195
I like what I am seeing so far folks. I will have a "Entries Thus Far" post up no later than tomorrow morning.
Edited By Celticnuru on 11/12/2019 at 6:40 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 6:53 AM Post #1196
ENTRIES THUS FAR - Post 1
"Glamour Shot" - Mandatory Challenge

Below are the eligible entries for possible placement, that have met all requirements for this challenge. If you do not see your name and designs here, that is because of 3 reasons. The first being that you have yet to submit a design. Secondly, you may not have met all the requirements when you posts and there for your post is ineligible for placement. And lastly, I haven't had a chance to update. If it is that case, give it some time and see if it isn't there with the next update. Remember to PING. For now, let me proudly reveal our eligible designers thus far....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Koterfaye's Designs:

(Late Autumn Nephini)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sai's Design:

(Neon Witch Draeyl)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sunny's Designs:

(Sea Guardian Nytekrie)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Art's Designs:

("emerging gold")
Edited By Celticnuru on 11/16/2019 at 8:18 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 6:57 AM Post #1197
All right folks, I have completed my updates thus far. Check out the "Entries Thus Far" post prior to this post here. We have had a total of 4 out of 9 entries thus far. You still have plenty of time to work on this as the deadline is this coming Sunday at 5pm CST. Just remember, this is a mandatory challenge so participate by all is a must and be sure to read the entirety of the challenge post. Failure to follow the rules and requirements will show in your work very easily this go around. Would hate for you to miss out on the possibility of earning a prize because you didn't follow directions. Good luck.
Irae
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 88
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 10:53 AM Post #1198
Critique for spiritbeast
Iautomatically love your mint ghost fae. For starters, the genes and mutations do a great job of showing us that it is, in fact, a ghost or undead being. However, I cannot fathom that I see mint in this beautifully etched design of yours. Furthermore, it looks more undead zombie rather than the ghost depiction you were going for.
I would adjust the green to a more brighter, minty green color, more levels of green, and add whiter whites or green-whites.

Before/after

Northern Lights:

I don't dislike any sylesties, however vuls are one of my least favorites, maby it's just that I can never really create a beautiful and nice design that looks good on BOTH male and female, and I'm a little disappointed that they have so little traits that look good to work with.
Edited By Poeticthoughts on 11/12/2019 at 10:59 AM.
Irae
Level 62
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 88
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 11:03 AM Post #1199
something went wrong with my computer when it loaded so when I submitted it, it was missing some of the text on my design, so I had to edit it.
Edited By Poeticthoughts on 11/12/2019 at 11:03 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/12/2019 at 11:07 AM Post #1200
No editing unfortunately is permitted with the challenge. I am sorry. It is a nice and colorful design though.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 119, 120, 121... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.029 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.