Players 2,274 415
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,297,695 2,035
Generated 659,429 249
Captured 1,199,188 343
Bred 6,438,983 1,443
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 103 1, 2, 3... 102, 103, 104... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 9:23 AM Post #1021
ENTRIES THUS FAR "Fright Fest" Challenge

There is still plenty of time for everyone to participate. If you have questions, do not haste to ask. With this challenge, the objective outside of meeting the requirements is to create a delightfully frightening avatar to pay homage so to speak to the Halloween holiday. Below you will find the list of names of those whom have opted out thus far, as well as the designs from those whom have met all the requirements to date. Remember deadline is this Sunday at 5pm CST.

Chose To Opt Out:Duckbunny427

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Art's Designs: - Check out his story for Art's design it is awesome!
(Original)

(Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sai's Designs:
(Original)

(Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shimeree's Designs:
(Original)

(Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Red's Designs:

(Original)

(Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Limor's Designs:
(Original)

(Alteration)

(Other Designs)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Koterfaye's Designs:
(Original)

(Alteration)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Picle's Designs:
(Original)

(Alteration)

(Other Designs)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sunny's Designs:

(Original)
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/13/2019 at 5:04 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1022
All right everyone, I have completed my updates for this challenge so far. Below will be a more personal critique/suggestion/comment/remark, towards some of you. Please be sure to read what is addressed to you by finding your name. If your name is not present, then you did not submit a design yet. There is plenty of time yet to do so. And please do so, I would like very much to see more participate and or communication from everyone.

@Art...Your design over all was nice. I do like it. Though, your comment of "did you drown too?" was a little off putting in comparison to your design. Or were they supposed to go together? I am not for sure on that. If they do and your design is based off of drown, not sure if the held item and the butterflies go with the "drown" as spect. I can see it if you were doing a child like spirit for a ghostly image. Without a description, (which is completely optional and not required) it is a bit hard to distinguish why your design is the way it is. With that being said, I still do very much enjoy it as well. The soft tones mixed with the wispy black colors do make it eerie looking. Very well done.

@Red...I love how in depth your story is. It explains your design remarkably well. The struggle and mental wear and tear is defiantly evident in your avi with the dark smudges and torn clothes. Straight down to the physical attack to her body. The only thing now is that, your critiquer has responded to you and you will need to incorporate their critique into your design post with an altered avatar image reflecting those suggested changes before deadline! I do agree with what they said about it being a bit muted, maybe a bit more contrast in the colors would help the design pop more but that again is my own opinion. As for your critique, you offered up some nice suggestions as well as gave the designer some pleasant praise. Very well done. With that being said, once you fix your design post you will be eligible to be placed into the Entries thus far post. For now though, keep up the awesome work!

@Limor...I really like the dark design of your avatar submissions. They are very nice and intriguing. Your critique was well done. I like how you pointed out specific areas of improvement along with how curtain things didn't quite fit in your opinion. Very nice touch. The only thing missing really from your critique is what you liked about it. When critiquing you want to incorporate some positive notes as well. Once that is done, you will be eligible to be placed into the Entries Thus Far post. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

@Sai...Your design was interesting and well done. I like how you incorporated the demonic image and the little one into your description and gave them names as if they are interacting with the avatar design you created. Very nice touch there. Your critique was nicely done as well. Keep up the good work!

@Shimeree...Your design was beautifully thought out and well done. I like the changes your made with the critique you were given, and the positive response to it as well. Your critique for Sai was also very well done. You stated specific areas to touch up, as well as gave some positive and friendly feedback. Nice work!

@Koterfaye....I really like your design, I think it is a nice job. Admittingly though, when I read the title of your design it made me think of the Vampire Knight anime..lol. I still very much like it. My only issue is I am not sure what piece would work better, but the wings make the design look a smidge too busy if that makes any sense. But I am not your critiquer unfortunately. Once another member posts, they will be your critiquer. Just remember to check regularly so you can be sure to get that last bit of the requirement finished to complete your design post. The only other thing that you do need to change is your critique. It is a great start, but it is only 2 sentences long. Your critique needs to be a bare minimum of 3 to 4 sentences in length. Add maybe something along the lines of what you think is so great or nice about that design you are commenting on? Once that is done, and you have an altered design you will be eligible to go into the Entries Thus Far post. Until then, keep up the great work.

@Sunny, Freki, Akira, Picle, and Spirit...This is your mid-week heads up. You only have until this coming Sunday to submit your designs and or state you are opting out. Though personally I would and do strongly urge you to participate. Opting out too many times in a row and or too frequently can be disheartening for the rest of us. We need every member to be as active as possible to make this group work. And you are all highly skilled and talented people that have done an amazing job so far. I would hate to see that trend end now. So please participate, and or communicate with us. I know life happens, but you are the one whom joined and knows how things run here. If you need to be placed on an inactive list for whatever reason, contact me privately so we can work out the details. I will also need specific dates of when you believe you will be back if you are approved to be placed on such a list. But I can't help you if you don't communicate and or reach out. Though again, I would much rather see your talent and your submissions rather then see you take a step back.
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/13/2019 at 11:32 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 11:44 AM Post #1023
i added a description so it was clearer on what was intended ^^

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76414&page=101#1007
Author: Articu
Time Posted: 10/6/2019 at 9:10 PM
>

"did you drown too?"

the description (added as of most recent edit):
so this is supposed to be a little girl. she was playing on a beach when she saw a little white ryori, and she chased it into a forest farther up the shore. the ryori crossed a stream and, realizing she didn't mean any harm, began to play with her in the water. unfortunately, the little girl slipped on some rocks, fell, and was knocked unconscious. she drowned, and her body was never found. however, her spirit appears to those who attempt to cross the stream; she points out the safest places to cross, then disappears. and sometimes, if you stay far enough away from the stream, watch quietly and listen patiently, you can hear her laughing, and see her playing in the stream with her ryori friend.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 2:20 PM Post #1024
added!
Wooloothedarklord
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1025
thanks for the heads up working on it now....
Wooloothedarklord
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1026
to get this out of the way...

i love the design koterfaye! (oh hey that rhymed) with the spoopy wings and the amazing color scheme! the only things i would change is make that reddish-brown (on the wings) a little redder and maybe change the autumn regalia to the legionnaire's helm. but aside from that it is an amazing design!

the shadow king

after critique

Suetekh

the ivory witch

the dryad of shadows

Edited By Piclethedarklord on 10/12/2019 at 4:28 PM.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1027
nvm
Edited By Piclethedarklord on 10/9/2019 at 5:40 PM.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 5:40 PM Post #1028
i updated my post
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 10/9/2019 at 8:46 PM Post #1029
I updated my post and fixed my critique!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/10/2019 at 12:06 PM Post #1030
When I went in to edit the Entries Thus Far post to add you, I noticed that your image was larger than the example shown. That makes your designs ineligible until they are resized to 250. Requirement #4. No worries though. You have plenty of time to fix that.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 102, 103, 104... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.