Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 101 1, 2, 3... 100, 101, 102... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 10/5/2019 at 10:21 PM Post #1001
All right hon, but remember not to do so too many time in a row or too often.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 8:39 AM Post #1002
All right everyone, no updates were to be done as no changes were made and no additional submissions were created.

I sent out a few private messages to those that still need to submit a design and or needs to make the edits I suggested from before. You only have until 5pm CST today to complete those changes and or submit a design. Please understand I am not trying to be the bad guy here, but I need to be fair straight across the board with everyone. And some of you whom have been with us for some time know how things run.

If any of you need help with anything feel free to contact me. If I am online I will help, if I am not shoot me a PM and I will respond. If you need to add me to your friend's list so you get an alert when I am online, by all means add me. I want to help you succeed, and to help you challenge yourself as a designer.

Until deadline, after which I will do any final updates....I wish you all luck and keep on designing!
Danithegoat
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1003
Fixed my post, didn't realize we had to state where they're from. Guess I missed it. Oops.
I'll read the parameters and rules more carefully next time.
Wooloothedarklord
Level 58
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 107
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 6:04 PM Post #1004
edited! (hope im not too late)
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 7:02 PM Post #1005
TOP 3: "Endangered Species" Challenge

With this challenge you were charged with the task of designing a pet based on a real endangered animal. An animal that is on the verge of extinction to the point of which the world we miss out seeing in future generations. I hope with this challenge we have inspired some of you, and those looking in to look into the matter at hand and hopefully in some small way make a stand to help these wonderful creatures out. One step no matter how small is one step forward, and every little bit counts. So I want to thank each and everyone of you that participated with this challenge. You were outstanding in your own right, and produce a great number of truly amazing designs. Hopefully with the next challenge, we will get a little more participation and or new blood to see what other truly amazing designs well be brought to the table. For now though, I will spare you the rants of one woman and give you your top 3. Just remember, if you are selected...Please be sure to follow any direction given in your personalized note beneath your design. And for those that weren't chosen...By all means, there is always next time. Keep designing ya'll, and give your top 3 a round of applause!!!

(To see the entries that were eligible for placement....Click Here.)

1st PLACE ~
Sunny's Design:
(Orangutan)

@Sunny...You did an amazing job this week. Congratulations on being chosen as our first place winner! I use 1 from your original and 1 from your altered design to showcase in this edition of top 3. I hope you don't mind. For your efforts, you get a few things as a result of your hard work. You get to help construct a future challenge with me. You also get to choose if you want an random avi item or an offspring from your choice of parents from any of my pets with either stable. Just provide me the link through PM with your choice on that. And to top it off, could you please send me a COD for 20K. Thank you, and congratulations.

2nd PLACE ~
Limor's Designs:
(Poison Dart Frog)

@Limor....Congratulations on being chosen as our 2nd place winner this week! You did an amazing job on your design as well as your altered piece. I am really impressed with the wide use of colors over all, great job hon! Please pick if you want an avi item, or 10k in gold. PM me your choice. Again congratulations!!!

3rd PLACE ~
Koterfaye Designs:
(Sumatran Tiger)

@Koterfaye....Congratulations on placing 3rd in this week's challenge! You did an awesome job on your design, especially the little additives you used to spice it up a bit. It was very well done, very well indeed. Keep up the awesome job that you do with your designs hon, and again congratulations on successfully placing in this week's challenge!!

The next challenge will be up shortly folks!!!!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 8:29 PM Post #1006
"Fright Fest" Challenge
(Make sure to READ EVERYTHING!!!)

You are all charged with the task of creating a terrifyingly frightful avatar design. The scarier the better. If it gives you the chills then you have succeed in your task in part. Just remember to follow all requirements and rules. If you have questions please ask, as we want this ode' to Halloween to go off without a hitch!!

~ REQUIREMENTS ~
1.) You must design at least bare minimum of 1 delightfully terrifying avatar. You may make as many as you want, so long as you keep them all to one post.
*2.) (Only the very 1st poster of a challenge is excused from this requirement.) Be sure to include within your design post your critique for the designer that posted before you whom besides myself you must also PING when posting. Your critique MUST be of their 1st DESIGN ONLY, as well as a bare minimum of 3 to 4 sentences in length! Explain what they can improve on, as well as what you liked about their design. Please provide a reference picture to what you are referring to, so the designer you are critiquing better understands what you are trying to convey. With that in mind, DO NOT by any means leave a fellow designer hanging and waiting on you as that is just rude, and inconsiderate.
*3.) (ALL MUST COMPLY WITH THIS ONE)You must recreate your original design, but remember to incorporate some of the suggestions made to you by your design critiquer. That is why it is important to stay on top of any PINGs and or critiques made to you!! Take that new design, and place it NEXT TO your original design so that we may see the changes you made.
Remember, without this your design post is viewed as incomplete. Failure to follow this, especially after contacted and given enough time to follow through with this will be seen as a blatant disregard for this requirement!
4.) Do not make your design bigger nor smaller than the example shown below!
5.) (This is the ONLY requirement that is optional!) You can give a small story or description of what your design is all about.

~ RULES/GUIDELINES ~
1.) All core group rules apply!
2.) Before you post your design, make sure you have your critique ready along with your design for the person that came before you. That includes the reference design of the piece you are critiquing, that showcases the improvements you are referencing.
3.)Do not place hold for your design post by saying W.I.P...Only post a design once you have the start of it ready including your critique piece, or when are opting out.

~ EXAMPLE ~

Edited By Celticnuru on 1/15/2020 at 8:36 PM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 9:10 PM Post #1007
>

"did you drown too?"

the description (added as of most recent edit):
so this is supposed to be a little girl. she was playing on a beach when she saw a little white ryori, and she chased it into a forest farther up the shore. the ryori crossed a stream and, realizing she didn't mean any harm, began to play with her in the water. unfortunately, the little girl slipped on some rocks, fell, and was knocked unconscious. she drowned, and her body was never found. however, her spirit appears to those who attempt to cross the stream; she points out the safest places to cross, then disappears. and sometimes, if you stay far enough away from the stream, watch quietly and listen patiently, you can hear her laughing, and see her playing in the stream with her ryori friend.
Edited By Articu on 10/9/2019 at 11:44 AM.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 10:40 PM Post #1008
@Articu Thats a lovely design! I like it quite a lot! The blues and blonde hair are very nice together and I really like the idea youre aiming at. If anything, I would maybe use a different wing item, or maybe even not. It seems like it could fit better with the rest of the design as something else. Something maybe a bit more wispy, if you know what I mean.

Also @Celt I cant show her what I mean because we cant copy and paste the avatars to edit like we can with pets

The Lonely Night

Inspiration: I looked up Lonely night on google for images and saw this, which the idea grew out of. This is the setting of where a particular event happens to the main character.

Story: (mild gore) Edit: Hmmmm. Thats a bit longer than I thought it would be

Aleah wipes her eyes, drawing in another shaky breath. One breath at a time, Aleah... She told herself. Shes been crying for half an hour, and the tears showed no signs of slowing down. She sobbed again, letting herself fall sideways. She could feel the cold metal of the bench against her arm and face, and through her shirt and hair. She didnt care. She almost hoped she could just stay like this until the cold of the night was too much to bear and she could just stop. Stop thinking, stop crying, stop breathing. Mrrrow Aleah opened her eyes at the distant sound. Was that a cat? She stayed still, staring into the swirling mists until she heard it again. Mrow It now sounded like it was almost right next to her. Aleah blinked and looked up, her curiosity finally helping her ease her mind slightly off of her sorrow. A reddish and black cat sat a few feet away, staring at her with big, black eyes. Aleah shuddered, swearing she saw a devilish almost human-like grin on its face for just a split second. She shook her head and sat up, wiping her tears away. Where she saw the cat now stood a black kitten, shivering and wet, staring up at her with big, orange eyes. Aleah stood up, about to step towards the kitten, but it turned with a slight limp as she did and began slowly moving away. It stopped after a few feet and looked back at her with another little mrow. Aleah started to follow it and after a couple yards, the kitten turned and disappeared underneath a hedge wall. Aleah paused and blinked, wiping away a few more tears that had fallen in her short walk. She kneeled on the ground and leaned over, peeking under the hedge. At first, she saw nothing. Then, a pair of red eyes opened directly where she was looking. A force threw Aleah back, across the walkway and slammed her into the metal rail on the opposite side. Aleah yelled in shock and pain as she was thrown. She opened her eyes in terror, but only saw red. Is that blood?! she thought, her mouth moving to the words but nothing coming out. A moment later, she could see again as the red shadow moved away from her face. Whats happening? A sharp pain in her shoulder. Another in her side and forearm. Aleah laid, numb from shock, trying to come to her senses. As she felt something start to rip into her chest, she reached her arms out and tried to drag herself across the pavement, using the bars holding the rail as handles. Her vision was too blurred to make anything out, but she knew she felt pain. It was a surreal pain. Deep down, she already knew she was about to die. Her body was still in too much shock to register the pain properly, but she could feel herself slowly realizing that she was being attacked and ripped apart like how a starving lion tears into a fresh zebra. As she dragged herself away, she felt something that almost seemed like a claw dig itself into her thigh and drag its way down her entire leg, ripping it completely open. Aleah finally opened her mouth to try to scream again, but nothing came out. She felt something rip through the top of her skull and out of her back. She reached her hands up and felt something bony sprouting from her head, and felt an odd sensation of more limbs out of her back. The creature had stopped attacking her, but she could only see red again. She felt her skin turn cold. Her lips began turning purplish blue from the cold and her head started spinning. Through the dizziness she still cried out and weakly tried to move and sit up, every attempt failing and causing her growing headache to worsen. Suddenly, she felt nothing. No pain, no dizziness, no extra limbs- no limbs at all in fact. Just a state of being, the feeling of existence. What felt like just a couple seconds later, she was back as her physical self, straining, but becoming weaker and weaker. She flashed between a surreal sense of existence and her physical self again, then again and again. On her fourth time switching back to her physical self, all she could see was red, but it was growing darker. She heard laughing. All kinds of laughing. The innocent childish laughter of playing tag with friends, the cruel laughter of a serial killer, and everything in between. The red cat from before appeared as a tiny speck, growing bigger as it walked forward, the devilish human grin sitting on its face. When it was maybe a couple inches from Aleahs face, it stopped and sat, then raised a paw, unsheathed its claws, and swiped at her eyes. A millisecond before contact, Aleah ceased to exist. Her body lay on the ground, now a vampire. She no longer felt the odd sense of being. She would remember nothing when she awoke; she wouldnt even be Aleah. Aleah was gone.

Edit:
Edited By RedDestiny37 on 10/9/2019 at 10:58 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 11:18 PM Post #1009
It is a bit more work, but you can have in one tab a copy of their post and in another tab wardrobe. It would be time consuming a bit but going back and forth to fine tune it and recreating their design with ideas of improvement can be done. Though if you give a detailed explanation of what you are referring to I can see fore going that part of the requirement, so long as their is a detailed critique. Hope that helps.

As for your design...AMAZING!
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 11:21 PM Post #1010
So if I just maybe give her a couple examples of wings that I think she should look at on it, that would be good in addition to what I have? Ill go through the wings and have the tabs up together and just try to imagine what it would look like because I dont know if I have time to go through and recreate it like that. Finding all the items and getting the color hexes and stuff
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 100, 101, 102... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.