Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > ~Newbie Mentoring 2.0~
Page 40 1, 2, 3... 39, 40, 41... 47, 48, 49 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Silvershadedragon
Level 14
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/7/2022 at 7:35 PM Post #391
Hi! I'm new, I'm trying this out. what should I... do?
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 12/7/2022 at 8:51 PM Post #392
hello ! Your question is preaty vague so i dont have any precise explanations to give it realy depend on your personal style but for the start, i'll advise you first get your bearrings in the game. You've obviously been doing so on the exploration side of things but it isnt all that is avalable ! Go check the generator and learn more about the various speacies, nurriture for a bit to earn scales that can then be traded for prices in the scale shop or maby just look around the forum to comunicate with other players. Oh and dont forget to get your daily price in the advent callendar

If you have any more questions on the game feel free to send me a message ! ^-^
Silvershadedragon
Level 14
Posted: 12/7/2022 at 10:29 PM Post #393
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75033&page=40#392
Author: Cian
Time Posted: 12/7/2022 at 8:51 PM
hello ! Your question is preaty vague so i dont have any precise explanations to give it realy depend on your personal style but for the start, i'll advise you first get your bearrings in the game. You've obviously been doing so on the exploration side of things but it isnt all that is avalable ! Go check the generator and learn more about the various speacies, nurriture for a bit to earn scales that can then be traded for prices in the scale shop or maby just look around the forum to comunicate with other players. Oh and dont forget to get your daily price in the advent callendar

If you have any more questions on the game feel free to send me a message ! ^-^

Thanks!

What do you enjoy doing on here? I've been on a few pet trading sites before... this one is not much different but seems to have a steep learning curve.

How do I get new pets? how do I get more nets? How do I make bets? something something rhymes with frets
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/7/2022 at 11:08 PM Post #394
What do you enjoy doing on here?
depend, i do alot of breeding projects but since those are slow i usualy spend some time grinding in the LG or doing some rp.

And, yea, it's a bit confusing at first but it isnt that bad once you get the hang of things. The worst part would be for the equipement since most were made before the stat upgrade, once you get to the lost grove tho the newer items are alot simpler to work with. ^-^

How do I get new pets?
You can eather catch/encounter them from the wild (tho at your level you wont get much in term of genetic) buy them from others players (i highly suggest you to look at traits/speacies you may like first) or breeding once your pets are adult !

how do I get more nets?
They will be avalable in towns after a certain level, tho the better quality traps are only avalable later (or if you get to a festival zone)

How do I make pets?
You nead essences for those, they are a very rare drop from nurrituring, batteling, mission satchels and from the jinxi jamboree. You can also buy them from the broaker or the diamond shop.
Littlebabs
Level 8
Posted: 12/19/2022 at 12:13 AM Post #395
Screenname: LittleBabs
How active are you?: Just started today
Mentor Preference(Optional): N/A
How much help do you need? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being that you need Major Guidance): 10
Other: Hi! You can call me Babs! I am very new here. I am 21, and use she/they pronouns.
I think I'll be focusing on the breeding aspect of this game, but I honestly don't know.
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/19/2022 at 12:19 AM Post #396
oh, hey ! Welcome to sylestia, i can be your mentor just send me a message any time you have a question ! In the mean time i would advise you to try playing with the generator for a bit, it will give you more insight on the speacies/traits you may like/dislike as well as some understanding of witch colors goes where. This will be very useful once you start looking into breeding ! ^-^
Lavenderlatte
Level 34
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/31/2022 at 1:16 PM Post #397
Screenname: Lavenderlatte
How active are you?: Just started, but I plan to play pretty often, now that my interest is piqued!
Mentor Preference (Optional): Not sure what this means haha
How much help do you need? (Scale of 1-10, 10 being that you need Major Guidance): I generally try to be self-sufficient, but I'm still pretty confused so maybe a 5?
Other: Current question: should I try to be trapping every pet possible, including commons? Or can I afford to be a little choosier (uncommons and up)?

Hi! Thanks so much for doing this.
Amanitan
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 33
Posted: 12/31/2022 at 1:22 PM Post #398
Hi Lavender. Most players don't even trap uncommons or rares. You have probably noticed there is a festival going on and that you can obtain themed pets. Themed pets are usually the only thing most players will trap because they tend to be the prettiest (and all look the same if they are the same theme). So unless you want to very quickly fill up your stables and be left with no space I would advise against trapping non themed pets. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or ping me again here on this thread.
Lavenderlatte
Level 34
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/31/2022 at 1:50 PM Post #399
@quailking thanks for getting back with me so quickly! gotcha. Honestly, I'm very confused about the festival. I've gotten some items from it but was definitely a bit overwhelmed.
What is a themed pet, and how do you know that it's themed? Can they be accessed in any battle in The Howling Pass, or are there still some un-themed pets there?
Edited By Lavenderlatte on 12/31/2022 at 1:53 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 317
Posted: 1/1/2023 at 2:13 PM Post #400
(To ping you just need to use the ping users box that pops up when you reply- you don't need to use an @(username0 unless you're specifying who you're talking to)

I'm not Quail, but I can answer this- basically, themed pets will show up "you encountered a rare enemy" in the battle log when exploring the level 70+ zone The Lost Grove or in the Festival zone. When you enter into battle with them, it'll be obvious that they're a theme pet and you can use a trap (a Strong Snare trap is usually plenty good enough) to catch it. They'll have their themed name in place of where it usually says "Wild (insert species here). If you want to sell them after, check Advanced Search under "Pets" to see what other people are selling for. Oh, and any eggs you find in the festival zone (they show as icons you can walk up to and interact with on the map) are theemds as well and will have a little gold star in the box that lists their colors and genes and things with their themed name.

Mos tpets are not themeds but a few will be, if you battle long enough. Though Perfumes of Themed Attraction (make sure you're using the right one there's one for festival zones and one for the Grove and they are not interchangeable) can help :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 39, 40, 41... 47, 48, 49
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.