Author Thread Post
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 10:04 AM Post #2061
Midday
---

The two phoenix were always aloof with the group. Now it's clear their only interest was getting back home. Had things played out differently, maybe they would have stayed... now, they fly off south without hesitation.

Quest updated - 1 creature to return remaining

Numbat looks torn. "On one hand, travelling with your party has been the most exciting time in my miserable life... on the other, I'm not getting myself killed. Which we're going to do, with an 'army' of two puppies and a travel-weary, lone ranger."

He taps his fingertips together. "I mean... is there a plan? Is there anyone else we can send for? I don't know... do you have any old ranger friends who would answer the call for help?"

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=206#2060
Author: Starpup5
Time Posted: 6/28/2021 at 10:03 AM
[quote=2539082]

"Numbat you're right I do have some old friends who would help us but they aren't rangers they're elvan knights and the captain of the royal guards. He and my sister knew each other quiet well... but that's not the point the problem is getting a message to them. I'm not familiar with this area's communication system. Also Numbat a 'travel-weary, lone ranger' as you called me is more than capable of snipping and thinning out enemy ranks. Yes I have a plan do you know what guerilla warfare is?" She asks the remaining group.

(sorry didn't relize the ping didn't work the first time)
Edited By Starpup5 on 6/28/2021 at 1:00 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 12:09 PM Post #2062
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=206#2058
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 6/27/2021 at 10:50 AM
Night
---

You snatch the key right from under his pillow... only for a loop with several other keys attached to come, loudly, clattering out. Stealth failed.

You start to make your getaway as the phoenix pops its head up, tilted to the side so that its beady eyes are staring right at you. The chief continues snoring loudly as his bird starts shrieking at the intruder. He shouts for it to shut up as you escape out through the window.

Spork catches you and places you onto the ground. "What you do?" he hisses, panicked.

"More then one key. Jsut run! Im gonna get the other two out." Nicote hisses back, heading for the jailcart.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 2:52 PM Post #2063
(No worries.
Guerilla warfare? Now this is going to get interesting...)

Midday
--
"Communication? I'd reckon non-existant, at the moment..." Numbat trails off. "Yep, I know what guerilla warfare is. That'd be what the orc warbands will be using against the snow-clearers. So if we were to ambush the ambushers..." a hesitant grin spreads across his face. "In the chaos, we might stand a chance."

His smile fades. "Well, you would... I don't know how to fight."
Edited By Falconetti on 6/28/2021 at 3:08 PM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 3:08 PM Post #2064
Night
--

Realising himself, he hurries after you as the shrieking phoenix scrambles out of the open window behind.

You lose track of the creature as you run round to your friend's prison cart. Confused shouts are rising up from the centre of the camp. There isn't much time.

You've almost got the key in the door when something barrels into you from the side, knocking you and the keys to the ground. The phoenix swoops back into the air, circling for another attack run.

"Nicote, just pass me the keys!" Balthur pleads, shoving a hand through the bars. "You focus on the damn bird!"
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 4:22 PM Post #2065
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=207#2063
Time Posted: 6/28/2021 at 2:52 PM
(No worries.
Guerilla warfare? Now this is going to get interesting...)

Midday
--
"Communication? I'd reckon non-existant, at the moment..." Numbat trails off. "Yep, I know what guerilla warfare is. That'd be what the orc warbands will be using against the snow-clearers. So if we were to ambush the ambushers..." a hesitant grin spreads across his face. "In the chaos, we might stand a chance."

His smile fades. "Well, you would... I don't know how to fight."

"You can throw knives can't you," Asteria recalls seeing his knife throwing act, "besides we have the element of suprise on our hand as well as magic. Who would suspect a little air magic up there in the mountains?" Or a little fire magic for that too, Asteria thought, if we can convince the hellhound pups to use their magic carefully we can fight better but if their magic is seen then we're in trouble. "So Emberpaw how well can you use your fire? Crimson have you learned any more fire tricks since last time you showed me?"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 6/28/2021 at 5:38 PM Post #2066
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=207#2064
Time Posted: 6/28/2021 at 3:08 PM
Night
--

Realising himself, he hurries after you as the shrieking phoenix scrambles out of the open window behind.

You lose track of the creature as you run round to your friend's prison cart. Confused shouts are rising up from the centre of the camp. There isn't much time.

You've almost got the key in the door when something barrels into you from the side, knocking you and the keys to the ground. The phoenix swoops back into the air, circling for another attack run.

"Nicote, just pass me the keys!" Balthur pleads, shoving a hand through the bars. "You focus on the damn bird!"

Nicote does his best to do as asked, then turns to face the phonix. "Wonder if i can mnanually set that thing o fire, phoenixes rebirth right? If it's a fledgling it can't do much." He mutters.

(Nicote needs to sort out his personality asdfjklas i left him for a month and he just decided to loss all personality whatsoever-)
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 6/29/2021 at 11:53 AM Post #2067
(Ooh... have we covered hellhound fire before..? Sorry, can you remind me of what I've said in the past about that please?)

Midday
--

Numbat's face lights up. "True! I'll need to practice again, I'm a little rusty. Will there be time for that? And for a little rest... I'm still tired from all this travelling."

Your magic isn't very strong yet. Though you've got the stamina, you've worn into your reserves over these last few days. Be warned, you may not be able to rely on it.
Edited By Falconetti on 6/29/2021 at 11:53 AM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/29/2021 at 11:57 AM Post #2068
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=207#2067
Time Posted: 6/29/2021 at 11:53 AM
(Ooh... have we covered hellhound fire before..? Sorry, can you remind me of what I've said in the past about that please?)

Midday
--

Numbat's face lights up. "True! I'll need to practice again, I'm a little rusty. Will there be time for that? And for a little rest... I'm still tired from all this travelling."

Your magic isn't very strong yet. Though you've got the stamina, you've worn into your reserves over these last few days. Be warned, you may not be able to rely on it.

(I don't remember a whole lot but I remember Crimson and I assume Emberpaw getting their fire back and Crimson showing Asteria a trick using fire.)

"We can rest for a short period of time now then get moving again. When it gets dark we'll set up a cold camp. Meaning no fires," Asteria explains, "Numbat you can pratice when you want to I won't stop you besides I need to pratice archery."
Asteria looks for a decent target, "Now let me make this very clear to everyone do not go past me when I shoot or else you risk getting hurt."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 6/29/2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2069
(Heh, maybe. So far he's given me carefree vibes, with little sense of self-preservation when he's got friends to rescue. So if that's what you're going for...)

Night
--

You pick up the keys and shove them into Balthur's grasp.

You turn to face the phoenix just as it is diving in for another attack run. You can still feel the stinging cuts across the side of your face from its last one.

You prepare your magic and shoot a fireball at it, hitting home. That stops it in its tracks, but appears to only infuriate the bird further rather than set it alight. It gains altitude, before coming down again for another shot at you, unfazed.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 6/29/2021 at 12:28 PM Post #2070
(Hm. I read the entry in the 'Familiar Species' section and it seems to just be 'breathe fire'... so lets go with that.
Crimson is almost an adolescent, and I'll assume Emberpaw is the same age, meaning after that you wont have to worry about their fire being put out, so there's a bonus)

Midday
--

Emberpaw and Crimson both agree that they can breathe a little fire, which should improve when they get older. Its enough to scare a couple of enemies by setting them alight, but likely wont do much damage.

The two pups take the break as an oppertunity to get some sleep, out of your way.

"I can practice on the move. I'd be better spending my time resting just now," Numbat mumbles.

There's a discarded, broken wagon wheel over at the side of the road which you could use as a makeshift target. Is this what you're looking for?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 206, 207, 208... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.