Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Dyed Purebreds
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 2/10/2019 at 10:39 PM Post #11
This a good point to make, some people just like to have their pet their way. Why should they be punished for doing so?

The one thing I was going to tell you though is that the green buttons is only for revamped pets. Basically, when they redraw that sylesti and move traits around, the also move the colors of themes too. So, then people can decide if they want to keep it the old way or, change it to the new way. So it's not if the pets been dyed, but if the pet has been changed by the artists.
Encryption
Level 70
Threads: 33
Posted: 2/11/2019 at 3:58 AM Post #12
@Watercolors:

Full support for every last word. Seeing those nixis makes me wince inside. I find it absolutely abhorrent that these so-called themes share nothing in common with the originals other than traits, and that people really think they are purebred. Lineage aside, that would be like going around calling my starter a lochness Sylvorpa because they share traits.

The issue might stem from people putting dyed PBs for public breeding. I noticed this A LOT especially for the e-d zolnixis.

@Vance:
The green color change button was only recently introduced. This tagged nixi was dyed. You seem to be a rather new player, so maybe you are more used to this change, but I would not assume these other older players have never owned dyed themes.

@Carrotbae:
The way I see it, if this was implemented, does it really punish anyone? Is setting the record straight and not acknowledging miscolored pets as purebred a bad thing? If it is a pretty dye color scheme then it can be treated like any other pretty project pet, which hold high value. Mikazukichan pointed out that these would not be considered purebreds by many themed breeders anyways. And Back to what Watercolors mentioned earlier, if anything, calling these purebred is not that far from a lie. Because they are most definitely NOT a true theme.

Oops, edit: Maybe it does punish certain people. Those who mass-breed wrongly colored pets and claim they should be counted as purebred. But I think the pet market would be better as a whole without these breeders.
Edited By Dusklash on 2/11/2019 at 4:00 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/11/2019 at 6:50 AM Post #13
Vance: The green "update theme" buttons are specifically related to pets of revamped species that had the theme colourations updated to suit altered trait/colour slot relations. The lupora is the first species where PBs have it available, rather than solely gen1 pets, being the first species revamped since the PB tracking was introduced.
Also, I think Theme Update button only dates back to the Puffadore (which was the third most recent revamp)

General: I personally don't mind that much one way or the other if dyed pbs have the stars with them or removed or altered, though I feel that yeah, people shoulnd't be pricing randomly dyed dishwater coloured pets as if they were proper theme PBs.
And it's probably confusing for newbies who aren't clear on what constitutes a theme (is this why there are always the people with the fundamental misunderstanding of the Theme pet design threads? Unlikely, but.)

(though now I'm left wondering about the pets that are technically PB, but descended from crossed of version 1 and version 2 themes (whether that's pre-vamp/re-vamp pets or just themes that had one colour set and then they were altered at a later release, like the tiger lily aeris) rather than dyed pets.)
Edited By Scathreoite on 2/11/2019 at 2:27 PM.
Carrotbae
Level 67
Fancy Pants
Threads: 158
Posted: 2/11/2019 at 10:02 AM Post #14
My thinking was a rainbow star would distinguish the PB with no dyed vs 'PBs' that have been dyed. It would be easy to tell if a pet with 5+ generations from a tagged, was dyed somewhere along the line. For all I know right now, I could have a PB themed pet and the great great great grandparent was dyed but only a similar color change. So, that rainbow star would help just distinguish a dyed PB vs a non dyed PB.

And as for just a couple other opinions:
"does it really punish anyone?" - I don't think the goal here is to really 'punish' anybody. I think it's to help distinguish to pet owners what is a true PB and a dyed PB. I don't think it should make anybody feel 'punished' in any way.

"these would not be considered purebreds by many themed breeders anyways" - yes, a lot of breeders only consider non dyed themes, themes. I agree, I have an atrocity of a tagged lighira that was dyed before I bought it. Should the lighira lose the tag? Well that's debatable in this case, but if it loses he tag, what kind of let is it? Well it's not tamed, it's not generated, it was exclusive, but a non-tagged pet can't be exclusive. So I think it's hard where to draw the line between what majority of people believe in vs not encroaching on other people playing a game.

"Maybe it does punish certain people. Those who mass-breed wrongly colored pets and claim they should be counted as purebred. But I think the pet market would be better as a whole without these breeders." - yes, going through dyed PB is a pain in the butt, but why should they be left out. The pet market does put a value on certain pets (max stat, tagged, project etc) vs all those dull 6vis nixi you can find on adv search. So I see where the PB tag brings down the price of other PBs. But, people overbreed EVERY type of pet. 6vis pets, projects, normal PBs, etc. And I don't agree with them marketing it as pure-purebred, but I don't really think they should be shunned for selling these pets. Many do not know, like the way the pets are or a number of other things.

I'm not trying to challenge your opinion, I'm just trying to give an alternative view on the situation so it's fair to everyone.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/11/2019 at 2:27 PM Post #15
I woke up remembering something.
Krin implied the introduction of a colour restoration feature for dyed themes in the Lupora theme update thread:

"Additional Edit
After this update was pushed, I realized a potential issue. A situation could have arisen where an unfixed Mother and/or Father produced an PB Offspring that then would have resulted in that PB Offspring having the wrong Themed colors however it would not have been possible to fix the Offspring. As such, I added in code that now will mark these PB Offspring as eligible to also have their colors fixed in such situations.

This also led me to think of implementing a similar mechanic for dyed Themed/Purebred so I also added a mechanic that allows a pet to be reverted back to its official colors if it is dyed. At this moment, this only affects pets dyed from now on - not pets dyed prior to this being implemented. I will see about pushing this retroactively.
"
Edited By Scathreoite on 2/11/2019 at 2:28 PM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 2/11/2019 at 9:11 PM Post #16
Yup, I remembered Krin mentioning that addition for dyed purebreds, however it doesn't help offspring of those dyed pets. They don't inherit the option to return to true theme colours (as far as I understand?), which still leaves the confusion over incorrectly coloured pb offspring. However, if this option could follow down, that would be cool. But I don't know how the algorithm would know that the offspring from the dyed pets needed this option.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/12/2019 at 11:34 AM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=72911&page=1#1
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 2/4/2019 at 5:52 PM

Started dying him to a new project and this popped up.

Edit:

Som pointed this out to me:
https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=72257&page=5#50

I'm just gonna quote that and share my findings.

I assumed it was a bug when I first dyed one of my CC Rikki to a new project and it said I could revert him to the CC colors - turns out its just a new feature that was added without a full announcement. Unable to resist, I tested the button and yes, I was able to reset him to theme before going about my way dying him to be a tiger.

This doesn't work retroactively on pets that were dyed before the change, however, nor does it work on an offspring of dyed pets if the offspring hasn't been dyed itself.

However, if one of those pets was to be dyed, you would be able to reset it to theme. Basically it's "sacrifice a dye" to revert to theme.

Once a pet is reset, it DOES lose the dye icon as well. Neat.

Basically all you need to do is use a dye on a pet with a purebred tag and "poof," you can revert it to theme.
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 2/12/2019 at 6:36 PM Post #18
So, being curious me, I wanted to see this in action. It totally works! I bought a really cheap, obviously dyed Emperor's Dragon Nixi, used a lesser pet dye, and the little button pops up. Cool, even though I now have a pet I don't want. ^-^

This is the boy here, and he's clickable so you can see his lineage. He was definitely from a very heavily dyed family, but he is now the correct colors!

Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.