Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > How many essences do you need for a 6vis...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xxwinterwoodsxx
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 44
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 4:30 PM Post #1
I want to start a couple projects while essences are cheap and disruptors are all available. How many enhanced/ mystical essences does it take to complete a 6vis project?
VampVixen
Level 61
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 57
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 4:57 PM Post #2
I was told essentially you need 3 unrelated pets for a project (so 3 essences). I used 4 for convenience sake (and am still working on it but have been on a couple of haitus' since beginning the project)

You just can't breed sibling/half sibling pairs and parent/child pairs.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 6:16 PM Post #3
It's completely possible to make a project starting from just three regular essences. That's the minimum because
a) 2TP each x 3 essences = the bare minimum to get 6 traits, and
b) you'll need either one male/two females or one female/two males in order to be able to breed past one generation.

If you're starting from enhanced/mystical, they have 4tp each, so it will go faster than using regular essences. But you'll still need at least three 'cos of "b" above.
Xxwinterwoodsxx
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 7:28 PM Post #4
Okay, that makes sense. Using mystical essences, would it go faster to have two males or two females?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 8:13 PM Post #5
In the long-term two males is faster. While you'll only be getting one egg per cooldown early on, any and all females from one Male will be breedable to the other.

Ex: M1 M2 F

M1 + F = Offspring. (hope for females or use gender-swappers if needed.)

ALL female offspring from the two will be breedable to M2, meaning for the next generation you can have as many breeders as you have female offspring. (So if you have a 3-day cooldown like on a Zolnixi. Within 1 month of breeding after the generated pets are adults you can have up to 10 females. This means that once those offspring are all grown after 27 days, they will give you an additional egg each. This multiplies quickly when you have several female breeders.)

Alternately, M F1 F2

M + F1 = Offspring set1

Only MALE offspring from set 1 will be breedable to F2. F2 is a female and therefore has a cooldown period; you will continue to have only 1 eggs per cooldown cycle from F2 through the next generation of breeding.

Female offspring from set1 will be directly related to M, and therefore cannot breed until the next generation.

M + F2 = Offspring set2

Only MALE offspring will be breedable to F1. Again, F1 has a breeding cooldown; you will only have 1 egg per cooldown cycle from F1 for this entire generation of breeding.

Female offspring from set2 will be related to M, and cannot breed until the following generation.

(After 1 month of breeding you will STILL be limited to just two eggs from the initial females. No additional eggs will be possible because none of your female offspring will have an eligible mate.)

O1 male +F2 = Offspring set3

Female offspring from set3 will be breedable to M.
Male offspring from set3 will be breedable to F1.

O2 male +F1 = Offspring set4

Female offspring from set4 will be breedable to M.
Male offspring from set4 will be breedable to F2.

Using the 2 female / 1 male method, it will take an additional month of breeding the relation gap and waiting to make use of your first generation females. Sure, you get two eggs at a time for the first rounds of breeding, but you're also STUCK at 2 eggs for an additional generation because your female offspring will be useless for another full generation of breeding, as opposed to making use of your female offspring as soon as they're old enough to breed with the 2 males / 1 female setup.
Edited By Xavion on 11/27/2018 at 8:24 PM.
Xxwinterwoodsxx
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 8:42 PM Post #6
Okay, the breeding part makes sense. If I do go with 2 males and 1 female, what should I make the traits be? Like, which ones visible and which ones carried? How do I cover all the slots?
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 9:23 PM Post #7
The main thing to do no matter what the situation is to make sure you cover all 6 slots, beyond that it depends on how much you like taking risks.

Just gonna copy/paste from my main forum on 6V breeding:

Visible Traits are those that can clearly be seen on the pet.
Carried Traits are those that the pet still has in it's genetics, but it isn't able to be seen on the pet itself. These traits won't be seen on the pet's profile page unless it was generated, or if it has been genetically tested.

There are many pros to having a visible trait, and not just because it makes the pet look pretty! When it comes to breeding visible traits are much stronger than carries, because they will ALWAYS pass on to the offspring. On the other hand, a carried trait is much weaker than a visible trait, and has about a 50% chance to pass on to the offspring.

But don't count carries out just yet!

It takes either a visible or a carried trait in the same slot of BOTH parents in order to make a trait visible in an offspring.

For the first example:

A Zolnixi female has Visible Tri Tails in Mutation slot 1.
A Zolnixi male has Carried Tri Tails in Mutation slot 1.

When bred together, the offspring will have roughly a 50% chance to produce Visible Tri Tails, and a 50% chance to have Carried Tri Tails. Luckily in this situation, there is no risk of producing an offspring with nothing in mutation slot 1.

For the second example:

A Zolnixi female has Carried Tri Tails in Mutation Slot 1.
A Zolnixi male has Carried Tri Tails in Mutation Slot 1.

When bred together, their offspring have roughly a 25% chance to produce Visible Tri Tails, a 50% chance to have Carried Tri Tails, and there is a 25% chance that the offspring will have absolutely nothing.

For the third example:

A Zolnixi female has Visible Tri Tails in Mutation Slot 1.
A Zolnixi male has absolutely nothing in Mutation Slot 1.

When bred together, their offspring will only produce a single result: carried Tri Tails.

For the fourth example:

A Zolnixi female has Carried Tri Tails in Mutation Slot 1.
A Zolnixi male has absolutely nothing in Mutation Slot 1.

When bred together, their offspring have roughly a 50% chance to produce Carried Tri Tails, and a 50% chance to produce absolutely nothing.

=====================

All of that being said, I prefer carries. When it comes to a 6V project the more slots you have covered, the better. Although it's extremely unlikely, even two parents with 6 carries can produce a 6-vis.

So say you go for visibles. MaleA: G1/G2 Female: G3/M1 MaleB: M2/M3

Breeding any of those together, the best result you will get directly from them is a 4-carry, either carried G1G2G3M1 or carried G3M1M2M3. All offspring every offspring without exception will have one of those results. (depending on the father's traits.) Essentially with this method, you're breeding breeders for the carries-only setup detailed below.

Say you go for risk v reward and go for carries. MaleA: G1/G2/G3/M1 Female: G1/G2/M2/M3 MaleB: G3/M1/M2/M3
*the males share G3/M1 so these will already be strong in the genepool. For an improved balance, give the female everything BUT G3/M1. (G1/G2/M2/M3 as shown above)

Offspring bred from these will have a chance at giving you a no-trait offspring (no-trait as in nothing at all passes on) BUT, you will have an equal chance of getting a 2V4C (2 visibles and 4 carries, meaning all 6 slots cleared.)

Anything and everything in between is possible. 1-carry, 5-carry, 2-vis/2-carry, so on and so forth; it's all up to luck.

With mystical essences, you can take the middle ground and create a 1V2C with the essences.

MaleA: G1/G2/G3 MaleB: M1/M2/M3 Female: G3/M2/M3
*you can, of course, pick any arrangement of traits to be visible and carried. I recommend covering genes with one male, mutations with the other male, and set the female's traits to something NOT visible on the others, just to balance out the genepool results.
Edited By Xavion on 11/27/2018 at 9:25 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 9:27 PM Post #8
wow...all of this helped me..TO ThE MARKET!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 11/27/2018 at 9:32 PM Post #9
Happy to help ^^
Xxwinterwoodsxx
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 12/1/2018 at 1:52 PM Post #10
Hey, just two quick questions. What trait should I use in the place of valentine lace until I get my disruptors? And how many disruptors will I need?
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.