Forum Index > News and Announcements > Black Friday Extravaganza
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 11/21/2018 at 10:25 PM Post #51
Awesome, thank you :D much better pulls with those two tickets.
Zhycalui
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 6:32 AM Post #52
Ohhh man. I'm so pumped!
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:16 PM Post #53
@Krinadon,
Hi! Two quick things for the black friday wheel.

1. For the wheel, is there a reason why the lost grove pets come as 1-vis exclusives? I ask because if found in the lost grove they would be mutatable, which cannot happen with a non-tamed making them like sudo-lost-grove pets, highly reducing their value.

2. I feel a bit frustrated by the non-fabled exclusive category since it contains a lot of worthless pets. At least for past black fridays I felt that every spin was a win, and this category feels like a huge loss with the outcome being a pet worth about 50k gold. At the very least, I feel it should be considered the junk prize over the tamed category.

For context, I did 5 wheel spins, so that's all the data I have for reference. The Black Velvet Petunia Lupora and Haunted Woods Faelora were particularly disappointing. The Black Velvet Petunia Lupora also has over 120 pages of pets on the advanced search already so I'm surprised it was even a prize - was the overpopulation value set right?
Edited By Taptothebeat on 11/22/2018 at 5:18 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:18 PM Post #54
(I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty sure all lup themes are available as prizes so we have a chance of getting new revamp traits on old themes...?)
Mondschatten
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:27 PM Post #55
Just had a cornucopia pop up in the sidebar as I was going through my ToTer's. I clicked on it with the ToT visitors window still open, causing it to pop up in front of the next visitor. I then clicked to dig, and it disappeared, with no further dialog box popping up.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:47 PM Post #56
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=69374&page=6#53
Author: Taptothebeat
Time Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:16 PM
@Krinadon,
Hi! Two quick things for the black friday wheel.

1. For the wheel, is there a reason why the lost grove pets come as 1-vis exclusives? I ask because if found in the lost grove they would be mutatable, which cannot happen with a non-tamed making them like sudo-lost-grove pets, highly reducing their value.

2. I feel a bit frustrated by the non-fabled exclusive category since it contains a lot of worthless pets. At least for past black fridays I felt that every spin was a win, and this category feels like a huge loss with the outcome being a pet worth about 50k gold. At the very least, I feel it should be considered the junk prize over the tamed category.

For context, I did 5 wheel spins, so that's all the data I have for reference. The Black Velvet Petunia Lupora and Haunted Woods Faelora were particularly disappointing. The Black Velvet Petunia Lupora also has over 120 pages of pets on the advanced search already so I'm surprised it was even a prize - was the overpopulation value set right?

It was hard to place the Lost Grove Themed Pets because they didn't really fit any of the categories. I decided to try and squeeze them into the category I thought they fit best rather than recode in a fifth category with more special rules. I will reconsider such decisions next year assuming everything returns. They can be 2-Vis too, though.

I also decided to make all Lupora available due to their very recent revamp release. For all of the other species, I tried to blacklist any Themed that was already deemed too populated.

For those that were deemed not too overpopulated, they all had a min of 4/8/16 to be added new.

Overall, it's a tough thing to figure out as a few factors come into play. Last year, over 2,000 Themed Pets were added in via the Wheel - which is a lot. This means the Wheel needs to have 2-3x that available or things will get really wonky as things start getting blacklisted and the list gets short. So that dictates a lot just on its own.

On top of that, I try to balance both low population themed - regardless of the average player demand - vs super highly sought after themed - regardless of their population. I try to view it more... "what can I do to help out this Themed's breeding availability" moreso than just making sure every spin results in a prize that a specific player will always be satisfied with.

Which brings me to the other things - opinions differ greatly. I am sure there are collectors out that that want a specific Themed, perhaps even with specific Traits, while others may totally disregard the Themed and want nothing to do with it. So I try to take more of a "middle ground" approach so that the Wheel offers something for everyone.

Everything all put together - it resulted in what the final edition of this year's Wheel is.
Edited By Krinadon on 11/22/2018 at 5:48 PM.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 6:57 PM Post #57
Ah, the thing with the cornucopia while answering ToTers just happened to me. The results from digging went /behind/ the list of ToTers.
Mondschatten
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 7:06 PM Post #58
mine disappeared altogether O.o
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 7:07 PM Post #59
Weird, I dunno then O.o
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 11/22/2018 at 7:12 PM Post #60
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=69374&page=6#55
Author: Mondschatten
Time Posted: 11/22/2018 at 5:27 PM
Just had a cornucopia pop up in the sidebar as I was going through my ToTer's. I clicked on it with the ToT visitors window still open, causing it to pop up in front of the next visitor. I then clicked to dig, and it disappeared, with no further dialog box popping up.

It looks like the first pop up has a very high z-index and the second pop up has a more normal z-index.

The Trick or Treat window most likely has the same or higher z-index than the second window so it went on top of it. Both are fixed in the same area of the screen.

You should have received your reward just fine; you just couldn't see the text for it.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.