Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67508&page=2#11
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:38 PM
[quote=1385122]

I believe I do have it coded for some Rainbow traits to no longer be available from random generation and are essentially locked to the Generator/Mutators only.

I am not sure if I currently have it applied to Lupora's though.

But I could do that as an option if the Rainbow Mech remains.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67508&page=5#44
Author: AliceHearts
Time Posted: 10/15/2018 at 3:42 AM
with rainbow only being availble through the use of essence and mutators does that mean no more rainbow showing up on exclusif's ? (pls say yes)

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67508&page=5#50
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 10/15/2018 at 10:29 AM
[quote=1385700]

That will be the goal. I will have to check out the code and try and get all Rainbow traits synced up to that point.

Rainbow Mech Armor still showed up on one of the Brewing Lupes. I remembered seeing these posts a while back on one of the lupe update forums - tracked 'em down and quoted them along with pointing out an example of it still being active.

Edited By Xavion on 11/10/2018 at 7:38 PM.
Draumrkopa
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 158
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 9:48 PM Post #2
*I still like rainbow mech alot*
I know lots of people dont like rainbow traits though.
I want to know why they are showing up too though
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 10:02 PM Post #3
I like the rainbow traits, too, actually. I'm going through a long, tedious process of getting Flecked and Rainbow Mech Wings in the stats lupes to make this gorgeous thing a reality, and I made this pretty boy here when they accepted my Rainbow Scales and gave me a Mystical Qitari Essence. So yeah, I'm all for rainbows~ But I know that when it comes to themed they're usually not very appreciated.

In this case I know it's a bug because they were supposed to be turned off for themed Lupes. But... it does bring a suggestion to mind. Occasionally there are themed pets that DO look good with rainbows. (Pretty Poppy Qitari <3) So, yeah.. I'm gonna go suggest a Rainbow Philter for the sole sake of exclusive themes which can't be altered with Greater Mutators.

Long live the Rainbows! (But only when and where they are wanted, lol.)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/11/2018 at 2:28 AM Post #4
I sadly never got the chance yet to code Exclusive restrictions.

The only restriction in game atm is for wild pets only. Basically lol... over the course of time there are now 3 separate pet tables for traits. Each basically has the same data in it, but slightly different set up/organization.

The oldest is still attached to all of the 3 zone scripts. And that one essentially just goes "if restricted > 0, ignore; else load". And since that table is only dedicated to wild pets, I can throw rainbow traits as restricted = 99 and they won't ever load in the wild and it won't affect anything else.

The middle is attached to the advanced search. It was intended to replace the original table but never did and it's now basically a hybrid between the newest and the oldest. It's probably used for some other things too that I've forgotten - but mainly for just the advanced search. I wouldn't want to add that same 'shortcut' to it w/o verifying what all is actually using that table because it probably also includes festival features and stuff like that.

The newest is mainly used by the generator. So I can't just throw restricted = 99 on it or else those traits won't be able to be generated anymore. And again, I can't remember what all uses it and the newest of festival features may use it (like... say the Festival Task List if it were to award a themed pet).

So - all of that combined, I have no other option but to add a new column to the middle and newest tables something of the sort "gen-only" or not and it either has a 1 or 0 whether it is exclusive to the generator only or if it can be randomly selected for pet creation.

And I haven't had a chance to do it. This type of situation is 100% the reason I need to rebuild Sylestia in the future. There are just too many things set up terribly like this and what should be a super simple one-time table adjustment and one-time function adjustment is actually a nightmare where I honestly don't even know how to even make the "fix" without scouring thousands of lines of code. It obviously shouldn't be set up that way but just has evolved that way over time.

I have basically just lumped all Lupora-related things together atm and plan on just doing them all at once when the time comes. I am still waiting on the artwork to be finished for them so that's probably the catalyst for that.
Edited By Krinadon on 11/11/2018 at 2:32 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.