Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:38 PM Post #11
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67508&page=1#10
Author: Savynn
Time Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:35 PM
I like the idea of removing the rainbow versions. With the current luporas, I prefer the spiked chain collar. With the consolidation for the new version I prefer the spiked collar only. Something about the chain just feels off.

If there was one thing to have two versions of I'm most torn about the hellhound armor and flaming hellhound armor. I just adore the art of both of them. The flame version is very eye catching but I also like the one without because you just see that gorgeous art for the armor all it's own.

I think rainbow traits frustrate a lot of players. I'm sure there's players who also collect them, too. I keep wondering if there's a way to satisfy both with future rainbow traits in the game. Like what if rainbow traits could be semi-restricted? They can't naturally occur on tamed or exclusive pets but can be added via a cheaper and easier to get special disrupter? Something for the scale shop? Maybe could also make it if there's a regular and rainbow version of a trait that the philter can just simply change the regular version if present to the rainbow version? The rainbow traits could also be unlocked for any generated pets so they're not affected by the restriction at all.

I personally like rainbow traits with the right pet. There's some though that just don't fit well with a theme.

I believe I do have it coded for some Rainbow traits to no longer be available from random generation and are essentially locked to the Generator/Mutators only.

I am not sure if I currently have it applied to Lupora's though.

But I could do that as an option if the Rainbow Mech remains.
SerenityEather
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 30
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:39 PM Post #12
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=67508&page=1#9
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:35 PM
[quote=1385110]

We are intending on releasing it with the release of their Revamp.

Nice!
THANK YOU!!
Xxwinterwoodsxx
Level 66
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 44
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:42 PM Post #13
Definitely a yes for me! But maybe keep the flaming and non-flaming hellhound armor+skull separate.
Wyvern676
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 7
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:50 PM Post #14
I agree with theafy
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 12:59 PM Post #15
Hey guys ^.^ so I agree with everything that Theafy said, but I have a thought I want to add even though Im supposed to be on hiatus >.>
And that is that in regards to the hellhound armor would it be frowned upon to have say different styles to the flaming and the normal?? I really like them both but when placed beside one another I feel the plain hellhound armor is missing something, not because its plain but the flames on the other seem to make it feel like a lesser trait. Which is sad because I love the plain bones ^.^ anyway, so what are your thoughts on adding something like torn scarfs (similar to the kelps reaper set) intertwined in the bones? Or foggy whisks in there, Or something else spooky! To make it feel like a different trait that just shares a similar component or the base armor?

Just curious as to your thoughts
Edited By Katelynn4545 on 10/14/2018 at 1:06 PM.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 1:25 PM Post #16
I voted yes for consolidation, but there are a few things I'm rather "iffy" about.

For the Spiked Collars, I'd prefer having the Chained one be the consolidated trait. Even then, it's not much of a difference so I wouldn't mind it if the chains were the removed mutation. Also, I think it would look better if the leg collars (bracelets/anklets?) had chains trailing from them as well, sort of like the Broken Shackles Morkko mutation.

I love the flames on the Hellhound Armor and Skull! The regular armor and skull look a little too plain without flames now. After all, since they are based on hell hounds it makes a lot of sense to have flames. I believe flames look make them much more interesting.

As for the Rainbow Mechanical stuff, I'm totally for removing them. In general, rainbow traits kind of mess up themed pets; their color scheme is thrown off because of it. However, some I don't mind: I like the look Rainbow Stripes on Aeridinis because it doesn't take over the colors. But Rainbow Tiger on the Ferrikki is way too dominant for my likes, and the scales and mane on Qitaris are so blazing bright. I understand some people may use rainbow on personal projects, or maybe it's their preferences. I support Savynn's idea of a semi-restricted special disruptor specifically for rainbow traits.
Keychain
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 38
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 1:30 PM Post #17
I don't mind a consolidation of the collars and the mech armor, but I would prefer both sets of hellhound armor. I don't mind the flames but I don't use it as much as the one without.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 1:41 PM Post #18
I voted "yes." However, I agree with Mika about the Hellhound Armor. "I'd rather see Hellhound Armor be the consolidated trait and a mutation be added to M2 creating a flaming mane of some kind. I happen to really like the look of the armor and skull on their own and am not really a fan of the bits of flame added to it. However, having a separate flaming mane mutation (Hellhound Fire?) would be nice to add that idea without being restricted to only having the bone effect with fire. Plus, it would be a nice non-wing mutation in the wing slot (there are times that wings just get in the way of a 6v design. Wish the nixis had a couple non-wing traits in their wing slot lol)."

Also, now that I've seen the Hellhound Armor (brace yourself!) . . . I like it.

Mark that down on your calendar! It would be ironic if Sylestia finally had a skeleton trait I liked, but it only existed with the flames, which I do not like (except it might be nifty if it was the way Mika said). Please, if you do consolidate the Hellhound Armors, make it without flames.

Savynn's idea of a special rainbow disruptor, which would be the only way to introduce a rainbow trait (other than by generating a pet), is awesome. If you create it, could it also work for Qitaries and Zolnixies?

Finally, where are the male Luporas? Wanna see wanna see!
Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 1:43 PM Post #19
1. Yes, they looked super similar so minus a chain is fine

2. No, both look really nice on their own so it would be wonderful if they were both a option

3. No, even if most people don't like Rainbow some people still do, like someone else suggested it could be a restricted/ rare trait
Painteventer
Level 75
Nature Walker
Threads: 62
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 1:57 PM Post #20
I also agree that the hellhound armor looks better without the flames and flames would be better as another trait
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.