Forum Index > Roleplaying > The Isle of Abilities
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 52, 53, 54 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/1/2018 at 2:20 AM Post #21
If this were a cartoon, Tox's ears would be pouring out steam right about now. His grip on the wooden crate was so tight that his knuckles had gone white and as he walked towards the dinner prep area he was grinding his teeth. He was mad. That dark-skinned woman had seemed to have a high opinion of herself, not to mention she hadn't seemed the least intimidated by him or Fang, a fact which irked him probably more than he cared to admit.

"Here," he said brusquely as he slammed the crate down on a table in front of a group tbsp was finishing up tonight's food (looked like stew), "Make sure everyone gets some, this is the last crate." He stomped away without waiting for a response. He needed to be alone.

There was a spot he used to go when he'd first got here, a secluded place near the back corner, behind the main structure. It was quiet and peaceful and the others rarely came back this way. It was to this spot that Tox now went, finding his way to a trio of smaller trees that formed this sort of hidden space behind them. He sat right down on the ground and leaned his head back against the wall. This whole place was beginning to weigh on him, heavier and heavier each day. He thought about Brain's words when he'd asked her her opinion about their "home". She had sounded so vague, and he almost wished she were here so he could try asking her again.

Another familiar hiss brought his attention down to his arm, Fang's preferred place. Tox stared deep into the serpent's eyes and sighed. "Yeah, you're right...nothing will be solved by...hey! I wasn't sulking!"

-----

Things felt like they were calming back down. The imposing Asian man, Tox, had left and had taken the crate and that unnerving cobra with him. Reach felt some of the tension start to leave her body and she even unballed her fists in her lap. She absently began to massage one hand with the other, for they had begun to cramp slightly.

"A fitting word," she said, gracing Wire with the barest hint of a smile, "I suppose when it comes right down to it, however, it isn't my ability that is scary, but the things that I might see." She hung her head and gazed into her lap a moment.

Yes, the things she was capable of seeing could be very scary indeed. Reach was capable of seeing both into the past and the future of whatever she was touching, though the latter drained her of nearly all her energy and a strong emotional connection was required. The past was never that scary, though it could be unnerving, for it had already happened. The future on the other hand...

"Yes," she said very suddenly, her head snapping up so she could look at Wire, trying desperately to forget the direction her mind had been going in, "I do know what you mean. I like to consider myself as good, and if I'm any judge, which in all honesty I'm probably not much of one, I believe you to be a good person." She could feel her face flush slightly when she had finished, not that it was very noticeable on her complexion, but before she had much more time to feel embarrassed there seemed to be some commotion back in the courtyard. Dinner, it seemed, was ready.

(I totally typed this whole thing on my phone! \o/ I was trying to get a game to load on my laptop and couldn't post at the same time xD I jumped back on after the game was loaded to edit in the colors)
Edited By Britters on 7/1/2018 at 2:26 AM.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 7/1/2018 at 8:36 PM Post #22
'Oh, darling, get over yourself. It's not like he means anyone any harm. Why would I have married him otherwise? He's just blowing off steam. Stop acting like he's some terrible man that has intention to take your life. There are way worse types of fathers out there; you should consider yourself lucky. Now, get back in this sorry excuse for a house this instant!'

'Wow, Mother. I'm surprised you were actually able to get yourself out of bed, let alone yell at me. Bravo!'

What a curious notion, that that conversation would play in her head, Brain figured as she sat on the edge of the well, far off in one corner of the courtyard. She put her head in her hands and breathed deeply. It was almost queer how her memory seemed to be alive in its own way, seemed to know her better than she knew herself. But she understood the message. Get over yourself. Others have it worse. She got it.

Slowly, she lifted her head and put her shoulders back, giving her best effort to control her breathing and once again center her personage. There were plenty of people out there who likely had Abilities more haunting, or were far more manipulated than she was as being a vessel of knowledge and nothing more.

So, after an encouraging nudge from Thor, she placed her notes inside the bag that was always slung around her shoulder, lifted Thor up onto her other shoulder, and stood. "You know, you're getting too big to be up there now," she muttered to her familiar, and he just nuzzled her ear in response.

-

It was true that Wire recalled very little of her parents. After all, she was four years old when they were shot up in the marketplace. But her mother had always wanted a daughter - something that her brother wasn't the least bit happy about. But she did have one keepsake from them, a simple silver pendant on a chain that was in the shape of a dove taking flight. She had often asked her brother about it, him being four years older and having more memories of their parents, but he was always noncommittal with his 'I'll tell you when your older' spiels.

Subconsciously, Wire reached up and grasped the pendant with one hand, rubbing a dark thumb over it softly. Reach made a point about her power, that was for sure. But it was still not something that Wire would wish to have, especially if it wasn't controlled.

"Is there really such a thing as a perfect judge, though?" she mused quietly. "Everyone has their own biased opinion. That is what opinion means. If I am being totally honest, I am no better a judge than you would be. Perhaps, you are a better judge than I am, but who has the right to decide who becomes a judge if they themselves are a judge for doing so?" she raised an eyebrow questioningly.

But then her serious faade failed and she started to laugh, shaking her head slowly. "I apologize. Sometimes, I just start rambling and I struggle to catch myself. There is just a lot to think about in our lives, do you not agree?"
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/3/2018 at 7:10 PM Post #23
Dinner tonight was important, and Tox knew it. The new arrivals would want their questions answered, not that there would be answers to all of them. The others would be able to answer most of them, it wasn't like Tox knew a whole lot more than anyone else did, but he knew he needed to be there. Other things needed to be explained about how this place functioned, to make sure that the newcomers understood they would need to pull their weight. He just couldn't bring himself to get up yet.

His old life seemed like nothing more than a dream anymore. Like something that Tox could picture in his head but his specific memories seemed to fade more and more each year. It was his little sister's face that always reminded him how real his old life had been. Her blank staring eyes that had once been so full of laughter and love, her too pale skin...he wished he could remember her before, but this was the image that had seared itself into his brain. It was the price he paid everyday of his life for what he had done...

"Ow!" he shouted, his eyes snapping open as he glared at Fang, who had given his arm a sudden painful squeeze, "What was that for?"

That was when he realized that there was the usual excitement happening in the courtyard that marked dinner time. He let out a deep breath and heaved himself up off the ground. He began to leave his little secret spot, heading back to the main area, and a glint of bright red caught his eye. He turned his head to see Brain, who seemed to be heading back to her room. He watched her for what seemed like an unusual amount of time, a slight frown on his face. He finally shook his head and continued toward the gathering crowd, telling himself that he simply wished Brain would be there to help him field questions. That was what it had to be anyway.

-----

Reach's parents had been pleasant people, her childhood normal. Even after she discovered her ability, nothing much changed besides her starting to wear her signature suede gloves. Things had, of course, changed the first time she'd ever been able to look into the future. That moment had changed everything, her first evolution, the first time she had had to "start fresh". It had happened again later but...that didn't bear thinking about just now.

"Yes," she piped up suddenly, and perhaps a bit loudly, for she had realized she'd been lost in her own thoughts again which was abominably rude, "I quite agree, and please do not apologize for rambling. I find your voice a great comfort right now." What an odd thing to say...

Reach felt her cheeks flush and she began to walk away, muttering something about it being time for dinner. She wasn't going fast, perhaps hoping that Wire would follow her. Despite having just embarrassed herself pretty thoroughly, she did find the other woman's presence rather soothing. She wasn't sure why. It was while she was thinking these things, and clearly not looking where she was going, that she slammed into someone who was also walking towards the courtyard. The person was another male, lankier than the Asian one, but with a shock of golden hair and a much more menacing scowl.

"Watch where you're going, rabbit!" he shouted at her very angrily, recognizing her from her panicking earlier, "In fact, why don't you go crawl into a hole somewhere and stay there. We have no use for your kind in this place."
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 7/3/2018 at 8:33 PM Post #24
It was not fair.

From the moment Reach began to walk off and that man was walking in a perpendicular line, doomed to cross, looking 100% like the type of fool who would pick on someone more timid than he, Wire knew that the encounter would not be fair. And, of course, before she could call out to Reach, maybe try to get her to wait up or something, or perhaps slow down so the two distracted people would not collide.

But she wasn't able, and Reach collided with the blindingly blond man. Wire wasn't quite sure what to do, what to say, as he began shouting at Reach, and then taunting her. But the girl was tense, and terrified, and by whatever God would listen, it was not fair!

As if the girl wasn't scared enough! To be a victim of bullying in such a freak show as this place proved to be ought to be even more scarring. Wire had never been a victim of bullying. She wouldn't allow herself to be. She learned to take what she needed, and anyone who stood in her way could go to hell.

And as Reach cowered, a little voice in the back of Wire's thoughts reminded her that there was something she could do about it. But she couldn't!

It was not fair.

She refused to do it. No one could make her do it here. She could be a good person, someone who wouldn't manipulate others. That was the word that Reach had used. Wire's hands began to tremble as the assault occurred and she rubbed at her temples, breathing deeply. What type of good person would let such a shy person be verbally accosted like that?

What did she have to lose?

It was not fair.

Letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding, Wire's mind was made up. She marched right over to the blond man and shoved him back. Before he could respond or attack her, she grabbed his chin and forced him to lock eyes with her. She didn't technically need to be touching him, but the meeting of gazes was essential. She could see the brief flash of confused rage in his eyes as he realized she had pushed him, but in a flash, she had begun her chant. Her voice was low and smooth, the words melding together, practically inseparable to anyone who was not listening intently. And the man was listening intently. She was forcing him to.

"Listen to the way that I talk when I talk and I speak and when I am speaking the words that I am speaking and I am speaking words I am speaking the words that I am speaking which are the words that I am speaking and my words as I speak are the truth, the truth, and nothing but the truth, as so justified by the law of the universe and you must accept my words as truth and know no other truth when I say to you that you must leave her alone and get as far away from her as you can."

The man's eyes widened in a sudden fear and he shot Reach a horrified glance before spinning an about face and scrambling off in the opposite direction as fast as he could. And even as she watched him run off, Wire could feel the pull against her will, forcing him ever onwards, ever following her instructions. She could feel her will tugging from every inch of her body, concentrating on the rewiring of the man's thoughts.

She couldn't help turning back to Reach, though, as he retreated, to try to gauge her reaction.
Edited By Creativity on 7/3/2018 at 8:34 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/6/2018 at 3:57 AM Post #25
As soon as she had collided with the other person, Reach had of course frozen in place. She clutched her hands to her chest, her icy blue eyes as wide as saucers while she stared at him. She could hear what he was saying, and she visibly winced as he shouted at her. It was not what he was saying, she could care less about what this jerk thought of her, but it was the shouting that was causing her reaction. Loud noises, anger coming off him in waves, these were the things that made her want to crawl deep into a hole and never come out. She couldn't even find the strength to turn around and run. She was seconds away from collapsing to the ground in a ball...

That was when Wire came towards them, seemingly out of nowhere as far as Reach was concerned. One moment she was standing there, starting to shake in her shoes as she faced this man alone, and the next Wire was there, grabbing the man's face and staring deep into his eyes. As the dark-skinned woman began to speak Reach was at first confused, but soon she was transfixed. She felt no manipulation, more of a fascination with what Wire was doing. She watched her lips moved, watched her unwavering eyes stare hard into the guy's face. Reach could make no sense of what she was saying, but she could sense the importance of it.

And then...the guy was walking away, looking terrified, but he was leaving. Reach stared after him in shock, and then a different feeling flooded her system.

"Thank you," she breathed as she turned to Wire, relief clear on her face, "Whatever you just did...thank you."

-----

Before he made it all the way to the courtyard, Tox stopped and stood there scowling at the ground. He didn't want to go into this dinner alone. It was his first introductory speech since their last de facto leader hadn't come back from his regular "check-up" with the doctors. When Tox had been roped into taking over the role, it had seemed like no big deal. The next day for new arrivals had seemed a long way off, he figured someone would have stepped forward, someone better, but that day had never come. Now he had to listen to these people whine, complain, ask questions he didn't want to answer, and he was alone.

"Yes, Fang," he said, in reply to yet another hiss, "I know you'll be there. You can't talk, so shut up."

Tox was getting mad at himself. These thoughts were starting to sound like a lot like self-pity, and that left a bad taste in his mouth. He was better than that, had been forced to become better than that. He gave his head a hard shake, dispelling thoughts about wishing this wasn't his job and red hair. Dinner was being served and they were all waiting for him. He started walking toward the courtyard again. He made it into the clearing and saw everyone gathering, handing out bowls, receiving their food and vitamin supplements. He started to walk in that direction, but something else caught his eye.

It was that girl, Reach, the scared one from before. She was over near that far wall she'd been at before with the other woman, Wire. She had apparently run into one of the "hot heads" as Tox liked to refer to them. The guy was screaming at her. With a grudging grunt, he started in that direction, planning on setting the guy straight, which is what he felt he was meant to do. That was when things got a little weird...which is saying something for this place. Wire grabbed the guy's chin and began speaking to him. He couldn't make out what she was saying form here, but soon enough the guy was walking briskly away from the two women, and it seemed clear to Tox at least some of what had just happened.

"Huh," he said casually, loud enough for Wire and Reach to realize he was standing there, "Well, I suppose that probably explains your name. Come on you two, its time for dinner, and I don't want to have to repeat myself for you guys." He paused long enough to give Wire and appreciate glance, and a smirk, and then turned and headed for the dinner area.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 12:01 PM Post #26
The pull continued, but it wasn't painful. Rather, it was more of a gentle, consistent tug on her very being. Wire took a deep breath and let it out slowly before meeting Reach's gaze. Perhaps she shouldn't have used her Ability. After all, she had been wanting her fresh start, and then the very first day, she does the same old routine? That was hardly a fresh start, though a small voice in her mind reminded her that this was not for malicious intent. This was not theft. This was defending an innocent person.

And then, there was the look in Reach's eyes, and the emotion and relief in her voice, and Wire figured that she had done the exact right thing in that scenario. After all, she had made the timid girl happy, or so it looked. Happy enough, she decided. Reach looked happy enough.

"I do not particularly like men in any way," she divulged with a slight laugh. It was true; men had a tendency to make her nervous on a superbly deep level, and in turn, defensive and violent.

No sooner had she said that than had another man - Tox again - approached them once more. She rolled her eyes and shot Reach a purposeful look, but then succumbed.

"I do not suppose you will give us answers while at the dinner?" she inquired of him as she beckoned Reach after her and fell into step beside him, clenching one hand into a fist to suppress her defensively aggressive tendencies and speak levelly with him.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/10/2018 at 1:20 PM Post #27
The relief that was still flooding Reach's system was almost intoxicating. She could see some kind of inner struggle play itself out on Wire's face, and when the two women locked eyes she could tell that her reaction seemed to calm Wire, which was good. Reach smiled at her, a slightly more pronounced smile than the one from earlier, her icy blue eyes shining with gratitude. She opened her mouth to say something, but before she got the chance another masculine voice sounded behind her.

There was no helping it, Reach jumped and turned around at the sound of Tox's voice and took a subconscious step backwards towards Wire. He didn't seem angry or irate at all this time, more amused than anything else it looked like. She watched him curiously, clenching her hands into fists once again to stop them from shaking. The sooner she got over this debilitating fear the better. She was stuck here, with these people, and she would not always be able to hide from them.

It wasn't long before Tox started walking away, hurrying them both to dinner. Reach glanced over at Wire, and then began to walk in the same way that Tox had, slowly and carefully this time. She waited for Wire and fall in line beside her and then smiled once again at the other woman.

"I'm not very fond of them either," she whispered conspiratorially.

-----

Tox wasn't phased by Wire's attitude towards him. It wasn't anything he hadn't experience before. Nor did he particularly care if she never grew to like him. It wasn't necessary for her to like him. It wasn't necessary for any of them to like each other, they only had to respect each other. That was how this place functioned. It was with this in mind that he turned his head to look back at Wire when she spoke, instead of just continuing forward ignoring her.

"I'm going to try," he said simply, and then turned back around and strode the rest of the way to the 'dining area', which was basically just a bunch of log benches surrounding the large bonfire pile, which was not yet lit. There was a table to one side where some of the others were busily serving everyone bowls of stew and slices of bread. He was satisfied to see that everyone also had little cups with two of the multivitamins each on their trays. He waited until the last stragglers, including Wire and Reach, were seated and then he took a deep breath before stepping towards the bonfire pit and turned to face everyone.

"Alright, everyone listen up," he said loudly, standing with his arms crossed as usual, "I know those of you who just arrived today have a lot of questions, and I'm going to try to answer some of them, but I don't want to repeat myself and I don't have all the answers you'll be looking for. Just pay attention and I'll try to get through this quickly." He shifted his weight a little bit and rolled his shoulders, feeling unusually tense. "First of all, welcome to The Island, you're new home. No, I don't know why you were brought here specifically, we only know that everyone brought here has some kind of special ability." He held out his hand, flexed his fingers for a moment while he concentrated, and then made a fist, squeezing slightly until a few drops of what looked like sweat dripped out from his fist and hit the ground.

The dirt hissed and fizzed for a moment as the acid hit it. "Everyone is different, and that name you were given upon arrival relates to your ability. Like I said earlier, we won't make you tell us what you can do, usually we find out eventually anyway, but by telling us up front it makes things a lot easier. The fact is this, we are all stuck here, prisoners here on this island, and there is no way to escape, believe me its been tried. We have to learn to live and function together, which means working alongside each other to keep this place running smoothly. Knowing your abilities right away helps determined where you best fit in on the job force so to speak. I wish there was more I could tell but...thats really it." He finished and stood there, watching everyone's reactions very closely.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 7/21/2018 at 11:21 AM Post #28
(Timeskip to next morning)

Her entire life, Brain had been an early riser, and today was no different. Sometimes she tired of being up before the sun, but often, she found herself grateful for having that many more hours within her day. She supposed she might have inherited the early bird trait from her father, much as she loathed the idea of being akin to him in any way.

Today would be hectic, she knew. It always was when the new arrivals awoke and discovered her familiars. She still remembered - of course, she couldn't forget - waking up to a badger, of all godforsaken things, climbing across her chest. She hadn't screamed, as she had never been a screamer, but she had flung the thing away from her in shock.

But now, she mused as she watched Thor crawl under the blankets on her bed while she stood at the window, she was glad she had him. It meant she wasn't alone here, that there was someone that appreciated her for more than her memory.

Even if that someone was a badger.

Eventually, the inevitable cries resounded as the batch awoke to their familiars, and Brain just shook her head in a rare bout of mirth and gazed out the window once more.

-

It was the sound of a high-pitched scream from next door that brought Wire from the unconscious release of sleep. She let out a groan and rubbed at her eyes. "There's a bat in my room!" came the exclamation from her neighbor, loud enough to be heard by the entire building, Wire was sure.

She had been quick to fall asleep last night, so exhausted from the new situation and all the information from dinner. It was a lot to process.

One hazel eye opened tentatively and glanced about the room. After dinner the night before, she had picked some flowers out of habit and laid them on her desk. Ever since she was young, she had always picked flowers. It was connected to her mother, she thought. But as she glanced at the flowers on her desk, she frowned. Sitting on the biggest of the purple ones was a rather large moth.

Wire dragged herself out of bed and approached it. "You like flowers, too, then?" she mumbled sleepily. "My brother told me that our mother loved them. Her name was Mbali. It means 'flower'." She didn't know why, but she liked this bug. With a sigh, though, she opened her window. "Unfortunately, it seems we have a pest problem, and you must go before they smack you."

The moth didn't move, just crawled onto a yellow flower. Wire frowned again. "Go. Off with you, Little Mbali." But Little Mbali, as Wire had surprisingly called her, still didn't fly off. Wire reached over and gently swatted at the end of a wing, trying to encourage it to leave the makeshift bouquet.

She was more than a little shocked when she felt the light slap on her own arm. She glanced between her dark arm and Little Mbali a couple times before something clicked. "You are mine, are you not?" She began to laugh. "Why not? Whyever not?"
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/24/2018 at 3:04 PM Post #29
It wasn't the screams that woke Tox up, he slept like a rock, his muscular body sprawled across the entirety of his simple twin bed. Normally he would be snoring loudly in a peaceful slumber. This morning, however, he was twitching and grimacing in his sleep, tossing and turning across the mattress. Fang watched him from the side table, his serpentine face expressionless (do snakes even have expressions?). He knew there was nothing he could do for his human companion, besides wait for the storm to pass.

No, it was not the screams that woke Tox up, but the sudden smell of burning fabric. The scent reached his nose, his nostrils flared, and he woke up all at once, flinging himself up off the bed and looking around for the source. It didn't take long to see the cause of the smell...there was mark on the mattress where it had been burned and melted...a mark in the shape of his hand. He balled his hands into fists, feeling the lingering heat on his palms where he had sweated, and growled low in his throat in frustration.

"Not again...," he mutterd darkly under his breath, leaning against the wall and closing his eyes briefly. He would have to try and track down another set of sheets.

Why could he not simply forget her face? Why did she have to haunt him in his dreams? Tox supposed he should be grateful it wasn't every night, but several times a month was still too many. That old life of his had ended the second he was brought to this island, so why couldn't he just erase the past from his memory...why did he have to keep reliving that day...?

-----

Reach was a light sleeper, and had always been. It never mattered how tired she was, how long she tried to stay up, she was never able to sleep very long before something woke her up and despite how little sleep she got she always felt fully rested. As a result she often stayed up very late, and last night was no different. She had bid Wire good night after they were shown to their rooms, which ended up being across the hall from one another. For some unknown reason this had comforted Reach considerably.

It had been well past midnight before Reach had settled into bed, having stayed up late to read a book she had borrowed from the small library. Even after settling underneath the thin blanket she had spent a good hour more staring at the ceiling and considering the events of the day. Her panic and anxiety over all the sudden changed had ebbed slightly after dinner, though Tox's speech had been rather ominous, and she was beginning to feel cautiously optimistic that she could make this new life work for her as she had before. At least it seemed she had made at least one friend...

Her slumber was dreamless, as it always was. Reach had never been a dreamer. The screams awoke her nearly right away and she sat up straight, eyes wide and heart pounding. There seemed to be quite a commotion going on all through the wing of rooms the "new arrivals" had been placed in. She had no idea what could be happening, but she had a strong desire to go and check on Wire. She fumbled for her glasses on the side table, for she was nearly blind as a bat without them. Her hands found the delicate wire rims and she pressed them to her face and turned to get out of bed and dart across the hall...then she froze.

There was a barn owl perched on the chair in the corner of her room, peering at her expectantly. Not unexpectedly...she screamed, a high-pitched terrified scream and ran out of the room. She found herself banging on the door to Wire's room.

"Wire!" she shouted, "Help me, please! Theres something in my room!"
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Posted: 7/26/2018 at 12:12 AM Post #30
It only took Brain about fifteen minutes to wash up in the bathroom and convince herself to go ahead and face the world once again. It was not without a sigh, though, that she gathered her notes and badger and left her room.

It was almost sad, passing by Kicker's old door. He had disappeared after a doctor's visit a year ago. Brain still remembered that he was the first of her batch to talk of escape. Poor guy. But they were the third batch, and one was destined to go missing at some point.

Some guilty corner of her conscience, the very area that was grateful she didn't have to deal with her father anymore, was glad that it had not been here to disappear.

Letting Thor wriggle his way onto her shoulder, Brain found her table - that is, the very table she had sat at her first day here. The table that she had so obviously laid claim to, to the point that not even the most arrogant fools dared to challenge.

It was kind of nice. But no time to think about that now, she decided as she opened her notebook and reread some of her ramblings from yesterday.

-

By the minute, Wire was becoming more and more joyful about her newly acquired friend. Perhaps this prison wasn't as awful as some of the more experienced people had told her last night. After all, she was now given, by some unknown, magical force, friends. She counted both Reach and Little Mbali as her friends now; she had always wanted to have someone to confide in, for her brother surely wasn't much.

She was buzzing with excitement despite having been asleep minutes ago, and hardly heard the terrified screams throughout the compound. She was actually just about to go to Reach's room and show off her moth, who willingly crawled onto the her hand, when she heard her friend frantically pounding on her door and shouting about something in her room.

Wire grinned and stroked her new pet before crossing over and opening her door to let Reach in. "I think we all have one. A familiar of sorts," she wasted no time in revealing.

She moved her hand closer to the blonde, Little Mbali flexing her wings as if to show off her gorgeous deep violet eyespots. "I have taken to calling mine Little Mbali, after my mother. Oh, is it not so exhilarating, Reach? My brother never did let me have a pet before; he always said we could not afford to pay for one. The person next door, Domino I think her name is, got a bat. It makes sense, as she seemed very distant and brooding. And the teenage boy, Morph, called out about a lizard. Given his name, I would not be surprised if it were a chameleon. But I do not know his Ability, so do not trust me completely with my wild guesses! I think they resemble us, in a way, though. What do you have? I bet it is adorable!"

Okay, so she had a tendency to ramble when she was excited. It was something that she had done her whole life. Her brother would try to smack her out of the habit, but it was to little avail. However, Wire did notice that she had hardly given her new friend a chance to get a word in edgewise, and she took a step back with a guilty smile, holding Little Mbali closer to her. "Sorry."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 52, 53, 54
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.