Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:07 PM Post #1
PSA: If you receive a suspicious PM or IM, please just ignore it and block the sender. DO NOT click the suspicious links, but that should go without saying.

So, I realize that we have been hit with a wave of spam bots and I'd like to announce a few things regarding it.

First, you do not have to send me anymore PMs regarding them. I have already received 50+ PMs and I cannot read through that many realistically. It also looks like at least 1,000 bot accounts were created - so reporting individual ones won't matter. I am going to write a script to find them all.

I do appreciate the reports and heads up though - just simply stating that further reporting them at this time won't make a difference and it will just be easier for me to get through what I need to w/o my inbox imploding. Thank you.

Secondly, I take this as no coincidence that literally 3 days ago a discussion in region chat was taking place (and I am in no way accusing those who were having the discussion) about this very thing how Sylestia has never had this specific issue and - lo and behold - a few days later it happens. I am extremely, extremely disappointed in whoever was behind this. You should be ashamed of yourself and if we ever find out who was responsible, we will look into appropriate actions against you. This constitutes as harassment against Sylestia, a loss of business, and perhaps most importantly - a waste of my time having to not only remove these accounts and what they've done, but also to code in anti-bot mechanics into the site's features.

Lastly, I just want to emphasize to everyone that I will take care of all of this and continue to take responsive/preemptive actions until the issue is fully resolved. So just block/ignore any spam that you receive and I will get rid of it as quickly as I can.

Thank you all for your patience.

Update: All of the bots have been banned and all of their messages removed.
Edited By Krinadon on 5/3/2018 at 4:13 PM.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:10 PM Post #2
Thanks for the swift response, Krin! Good luck in rooting out all of this, and thank you so much for you dedication to Sylesita and all of us players. We really appreciate how safe of a place you make Sylestia for all of us! :)
Ximph
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 48
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:11 PM Post #3
Much appreciated Krin, I apologize for reporting the spam before having read this!! But now that I know, I will be sure and just block further spams.

We appreciate you and your hard work!
Spiritwolfmoon
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 190
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:11 PM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=60801&page=1#1
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:07 PM
PSA: If you receive a suspicious PM or IM, please just ignore it and block the sender. DO NOT click the suspicious links, but that should go without saying.

So, I realize that we have been hit with a wave of spam bots and I'd like to announce a few things regarding it.

First, you do not have to send me anymore PMs regarding them. I have already received 50+ PMs and I cannot read through that many realistically. It also looks like at least 1,000 bot accounts were created - so reporting individual ones won't matter. I am going to write a script to find them all.

I do appreciate the reports and heads up though - just simply stating that further reporting them at this time won't make a difference and it will just be easier for me to get through what I need to w/o my inbox imploding. Thank you.

Secondly, I take this as no coincidence that literally 3 days ago a discussion in region chat was taking place (and I am in no way accusing those who were having the discussion) about this very thing how Sylestia has never had this specific issue and - lo and behold - a few days later it happens. I am extremely, extremely disappointed in whoever was behind this. You should be ashamed of yourself and if we ever find out who was responsible, we will look into appropriate actions against you. This constitutes as harassment against Sylestia, a loss of business, and perhaps most importantly - a waste of my time having to not only remove these accounts and what they've done, but also to code in anti-bot mechanics into the site's features.

Lastly, I just want to emphasize to everyone that I will take care of all of this and continue to take responsive/preemptive actions until the issue is fully resolved. So just block/ignore any spam that you receive and I will get rid of it as quickly as I can.

Thank you all for your patience.

Update: All of the bots have been banned and all of their messages removed.
good timing I just got a spam it sent 3 Times -_-
Sydneylikesnarwhals
Level 33
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:12 PM Post #5
I'm glad you're working so hard to fix his issue for us you're the best :)
Cececat
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 183
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:13 PM Post #6
Thanks, Krin. I think we all appreciate what you're doing to help the site! My friends and I all got three individual PMs from these "bots". Thanks for helping resolve it. :)
Elleshie
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 46
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:14 PM Post #7
Almost 1,000?! Wow, I should consider myself lucky that I only got messages from one of them.

Thanks for the heads up, Krinadon, and for everything you do. :)
Maelystra
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 4
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:18 PM Post #8
I don't envy you the task of coding in the bot-search and destroy measures. Coding gives me migraines just for simple things, let alone something like that. Good luck and good hunting!
Chickie
Level 67
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 1
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:19 PM Post #9
Wow, thank you for the information Krin. :O
I got three messages today, but I knew it was spam the moment I saw the links.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 5/3/2018 at 3:21 PM Post #10
How do you block?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.