Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 4/11/2018 at 11:57 PM Post #1
With the Level Cap now up to 70, we took a look at all of the Level 70 abilities and made some changes. Some were quite significant, such as an entire ability replacement, others were just small adjustments/boosts.

I will go through each of the changes at the bottom of this thread. But first, I'd like to take a moment to discuss some other areas of concern with the Lost Grove.

Firstly, Stage 7 will be unlocked no sooner than April 21st. I have been trying to get the entirety of Section 1 all caught up with the long overdue updates and not only have I not had a chance to put the finishing polish on Section 2, but I would like to get Section 1 virtually 100% complete before opening another section. I think this is the best course of action for smooth and enjoyable content for all. So, for the time being, Stage 7 will remain locked until that time.

What are these specific things being worked on? They are the following:

-Further difficulty adjustments of encounters in TLG, specifically for situations where players are trying to level up new pets from 60-max.
-Adjustments to Themed encounter rates and Perfume pricing. This will most likely happen when the second set of Themed is added for Section 1. We will be posting a design thread for them very soon.
-Adjustments to Experience earned in TLG, specifically for higher level enemies.
-Actually getting the Avatar Item creation process put into the game for players to collect and begin crafting the Avatar Items.
-Making the Enchanted Portal operational.
-Finish adding the remaining Tasks.

On top of this, we are also working on the Lupora Revamp (we are at the shading stage now and gene work), additional tweaks to the Lunemara to bring them up to a more satisfactory level for the community, getting ready for the Spring Festival (new artwork, avatar items, features, etc), and getting the Restricted Lost Grove Traits started. So we are busy, busy, busy!

With all of that out of the way, here are the ability changes:

Air

No changes were made to Air. I am very pleased with Air and feel it's very well balanced.

Earth

Sneering Howl was buffed.

The Mana Cost was greatly reduced and it now provides Valor, an Absorption Shield, when used. The point of using this ability is when you want your Earth pet to Taunt all enemies for a short period of time. Valor will help mitigate some of the initial incoming damage.

Fire

Inferno was changed to Conflagrate.

While the concept is the same as Inferno, Conflagrate now offers a Fire pet the opportunity to deal more damage when fighting against just one or two enemies. In certain situations, such as against a Named after taking out the cohorts, a Fire pet wasn't able to keep up at all with an Air pet. And while an Air pet should still be superior on a single target, Conflagrate will now help a Fire pet to keep that distance a good deal shorter.

Water

Blizzard was changed to Ice Sphere

Blizzard just didn't quite fit in well with the main purpose of a Water pet. As such, it was completely changed into Ice Sphere. Ice Sphere now gives a Water pet an ability to protect the entire party with an Absorption Shield that also qualifies as Block. The caveat is that the Absorption Shield is shared by the party and once the shield is gone, all party pets lose the effect.

This ability is great to use in situations with incoming Multi-Target damage or when you want to throw up Block on all party pets, not knowing who is going to be the target of an incoming Special Attack.

Light

Restoration was slightly changed. It now heals for more, but had its Cooldown increased by 1 Turn and its Mana Cost increased by 5.

Halo was changed to Divine Balance.

Halo felt almost like a useless ability due to it only triggering if a pet fell unconscious while it was active. Even then, the healing was sparse. Coupled with the high Mana Cost, it just wasn't a very useful ability.

Divine Balance, on the other hand, is an incredibly powerful ability. It works to take one of your pets that is very low on Health and not only protect and prevent it from falling unconscious while it is active, but if it does fall unconscious or if the effect expires, Divine Balance triggers regardless. It uses your other pet's Health to be sacrificed to heal your most wounded pet. It then provides healing to all pets in the party. This ability is quite literally a life saver.

Due to its very powerful potential, it has a very long cooldown compared to most other Level 70 abilities.

Shadow

Hateful Strike had its Taunt duration increased by 1 Turn.

Siphon was changed around a bit to become a more interesting ability.

Rather than increasing the pet's Magical Damage and Critical Hit Chance, it instead now greatly increases the amount of Healing that the Shadow pet can do through its other abilities. It also provides a debuff to the target and, at higher ranks, has a Siphoned mechanic as well.

This ability is best used when your Shadow pet is in need of some healing. Use Siphon and then use two or three Vampiric Strikes to get a bunch of extra healing on top of extra healing from Siphoned and the utility of the Drained debuff.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 12:02 AM Post #2
Love Divine balance. Everything is awesome. Thankyou so much for your work, Krin :)
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 12:12 AM Post #3
I think the words " busy, busy, busy " is QUITE an understatement. Currently, might be the best one of 2018. xD Crazy hectic, but oh so worth the wait. Thank you so very much to the adjustments, my kelps are now very very content. The skills are awesome- I did actually have a chance to mess around with DB a bit more, and its quite the ''blessing".

The perfume and themed stuff I'm just now hearing about I think, that's a pleasant surprise as well. Though, I think, once all the themed's are out, it might be harder to find specific, earlier released zone themes, unless they are kept to sections of the map... (I have no clue how big this map is/will be, or if that's even a feasible idea at this point)

Just remember to eat, sleep, and well, you get the idea. :P Take care of you too as much as you take care of this site.
Elleshie
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 46
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 12:32 AM Post #4
I love the new Siphon. <3

Also, just reading the list of all the stuff you're working on is enough to stress me. :D
Amaya
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 67
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 12:55 AM Post #5
Its nice to hear you're working on the balance. I was sure you were but its nice to have that confirmed. Balance is one of those tricky things that is so hard to test until its out for everyone to play.

I'm looking forward to the Lupora revamp too, when they first came out I collected them, but coming back from hiatus there were so many pets I liked more, think this revamp might have me collecting them again.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 1:35 AM Post #6
All the things you're working on sound fantastic, but I won't ming waiting for them because that must be a huge amount of work on your part!
Edited By Wavypavy on 4/12/2018 at 2:18 AM.
Articu
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 7:20 AM Post #7
you had me at "design contest" xD (it's unfortunately not a lie)
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 8:24 AM Post #8
I really like the change to the water element. This will make my tank pet more useful once it can create a blocking maneuver that protects all.

Boy, Krin..you is a busy bee. :)
Caw
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 64
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 9:10 AM Post #9
the new moves are unplayable in the older areas. The only one that works is the air move.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 4/12/2018 at 11:45 AM Post #10
Wow, there is a lot going on here!!

An avatar item crafting system sounds amazing and honestly Conflagrate and Ice Sphere are going to save my life omg
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.