Author Thread Post
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:11 PM Post #1
*OPEN*
INTRODUCTION
You have just fallen asleep after a long day. As soon as you close your eyes, a dream claims you. It is not like your other dreams. Usually a haze clouds your mind, but now you are perfectly aware. You would wonder if it is a dream, if not for the fact that you remember being in your nest just a moment ago. Your eyes open to a foggy clearing with no trees in sight. The outline of a cat is becoming visible as the mist fades slightly. Soon you can tell that shes a golden-brown tabby she-cat, though you can still see right through her, like she is part of the mist. She begins to speak.
"My name is Goldenfeather. I have been watching you, and you are suitable for my task. You shall grow in time to be worthy. The old is past, and a new age of Clans must begin. Do you accept the honor of being a leader of a Clan of cats, who live, hunt, and die together, in sickness and in health, who care for each other more than themselves, and who work to survive for a purpose that runs in your blood and flows in your bones?"
You sense that there are other cats there with you, though you can't see them or even smell them. Some of them are saying "I do" already. Others are yelling out questions lost in the fog. Your time is coming. What will you do?

RULES AND INFORMATION
This is like IvyCats game, except more based off of the Warriors Adventure Game. To let more people have an opportunity, if you are in IvyCats game, please let different people join this one.
Please have flawed characters, in personality as well as talents. I don't do strengths or weaknesses, instead I like a personality that flows in a logical way. This excludes lists of traits. For example, you can say your character "is always logical, and has good intuition, but because of that they often overlook others feelings and they are not very caring." This has a logical flow because oftentimes people who rely on logic ignore emotions. I like personalities to be written that way to avoid forms like nice, caring, kind, mean when provoked. Almost everyone is mean when provoked. It's not a special trait, and it contradicts the previous traits. Same with will fight for their family. Almost everyone, unless indifferent or cowardly, would do the same.
I am the Narrator. I decide if your cat fails or succeeds at something. This depends on their skills, and a little bit of chance. I also decide when you improve a skill or gain a new knack. I have the map, so I will tell you what you see, hear, and smell. Don't try to powerplay.
I'm allowed to be as picky as I want with your forms. Read the rules and you should have no problems. So I know you read the rules, say you HAVENT read the rules when it prompts you on the form.
All characters start as KITTYPETS, ROUGES, or LONERS. No former clan cats.
Assign your cat skills based on their backstory and values. If they are a kittypets who spent their life indoors, they probably don't know how to hunt. If they are a loner or rouge, how else would they have survived?
I'm sorry, but no disabilities that wouldn't allow the cat to move, hunt, or fight. They just wouldn't last long on their own if they couldn't hunt or fight, and there's no point to this game if they can't move. CANT fight is different from WONT fight. Your cat can be a pacifist if you want. Other disabilities that might hinder, but not prohibit, are fine.
Please be literate and try to spell things right and use correct grammar, or the Narrator may become confused. I understand if you make a mistake, and most likely won't make you talk to a car instead of a cat. No promises.
Please ping me and quote the last post so I know where we left off.
Please do not have the same name or first name part as someone else. This applies to Clan names as well.
Occasionally your cats may cross paths. If both players agree, there can be a bit of multiplayer.
If you are inactive and there's a waiting list, you may get kicked. Sorry. Please try to be active, and tell me if you are going on vacation or have a test coming up or something.
Be respectful to Narrator. I can do what I like. If you think it's unfair, politely tell me and I may reconsider. For example, if you are a 10 point pouncer and you fail to catch a mouse downwind. That would probably be a mistake. If I make a mistake, tell me.
Have fun! The cheesiest, most important rule that is always included for some reason. Because I can obviously force you to have fun.
Edited By Goldenfeather74 on 1/21/2018 at 1:49 PM.
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:11 PM Post #2
CREATING YOUR CAT
Maybe write your form on scratch paper or a word processing site so you can see all the information at once.
Form:
Initial Name/Warrior Name/Leader Name-
Clan Name-
Age- (over 15 moons)
Gender-
Appearance- (describe in detail or link picture)
Personality-
Backstory- (include kittypet, rouge, or loner)
Have you read the rules?
Other-

(For the next three, make sure to read corresponding information)

Abilities-
Skills-
Knacks-
Edited By Goldenfeather74 on 1/11/2018 at 6:48 PM.
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:11 PM Post #3
ABILITIES
These are your basic innate abilities. However, they can improve over time. They affect specific skills in their category. You have 7 points to spend in this area. You must have at least one point in each ability.
Strength: Physical power and coordination. Blows hit harder.
Intelligence: General knowledge and ability to find solutions. Blows hit more accurately.
Spirit: General willpower and empathy. Better at dodging attacks.

Bonuses: Becoming a leader after being a kittypet takes determination. Those that start as kittypets have +1 in Spirit as well as their 7 points. In order to survive as a loner, you must have been clever. Those that start as loners have +1 in Intelligence as well as their 7 points. Having a reputation as a rogue means you must have been tough. Those that start as a rogue have +1 in Strength as well as their 7 points.

SKILLS
Actions that every cat can do, but can be improved with training or practice. The higher the number, the more advanced the skill.
Each skill builds on one of the ability scores. For example, if two cats both had 5 points in the Climb skill, the cat with the higher strength score would be the better climber.
You have 5 points to spend in this area. You must have at least 3 different skills.

Bonuses:
As a kittypet, you have had to face many distractions. You have +1 in the Focus skill. You also have had many opportunities to climb things.You have +1 in the Climb skill. You could barely smell anything in those Twoleg dens, and had to rely on sight. You have +1 in the See skill. As a loner, you learned to hunt, or you wouldn't have survived. You have +1 in the Pounce skill. In order to avoid other cats and enemies, you have sharp hearing. You have +1 in the Listen skill. You are good at getting out of situations without a fight. You have +1 in the Sneak skill. As a rogue, you have had to be intimidating. You have +1 in the Arch skill. You are able to fight if you have to. You have +1 each in the Bite and Wrestle skill. These are as well as your 5 points.

SKILL LIST
Arch: (strength) A cats ability to arch its back, strike an aggressive pose, or to look mean and intimidating. This can be used to frighten away an enemy, or to resolve matters without actually fighting.
Bite: (strength) How much damage a cat can do when Biting an opponent. Because bites cause so much damage, they are generally used for killing fresh-kill or fighting against wild animals. It is considered dishonorable to bite other clan cats.
Climb: (strength) How quickly and skillfully a cat can go up a fence, tree, or other obstacle. Also represents how securely a cat can cling to a perch when something is trying to knock it down. In most cases cats don't climb down objects, they usually jump (unless it is very high)
Focus: (spirit) Ability to concentrate on a task, and ignore other distractions like noises, pain, other cats, Twolegs, or boredom. Often needed when trying to use another skill in difficult conditions.
Hiss: (spirit) A cat's ability to hiss, yowl, and give voice to aggressive feelings. Can be used to warn cats of approaching danger, or telling cats or other animals that they should
come closer only if they want a fight.
Jump: (spirit) Jumping has several uses, all of them defensive. A cat will jump in a battle to avoid attacks. Cats use the jump skill to get down from high places. When a cat is knocked off or accidentally falls from a high place, this allows the, to land safely.
Listen: (spirit) Used to tell if a cat notices a certain sound or noise. This is good for hunting and noticing the approach of unwanted visitors. Secondly, it can be used to tell where a sound is coming from and who or what it is.
Pounce: (intelligence) Similar to jumping, but offensive instead of defensive. Used most often in hunting, however, can be used to leap onto an opponent and begin wrestling. Also the skill used wants to go over or across a space without climbing. A cat can pounce on something up to two body lengths above or away.
Run: (strength) How fast a cat can run, either to chase prey like rabbits or escape danger. Endurance is dependent on strength score.
See: (intelligence) Used to determine if a cat can notice something using only its eyes. Usually easier if thing is moving. Used during hunting and patrolling. Can also tell if anything has changed since the last time they encountered it.
Smell: (intelligence) A cat can use smelling to tell if someone or something is nearby. Smell can identify exactly where the thing is. In addition, it can be used to follow scent trails. The older the scent trail, the harder it is to follow.
Sneak: (spirit) Ability to move undetected, like while hunting, moving through another cats territory, or going past wild animals. Combination of being quiet, stealthy, having an element of timing, and anticipating where your quarry will look.
Swat: (intelligence) Used to see if a cat can hit something with its paw. In training, it is used with claws sheathed, but in a fight it is used to cause injury.
Swim: (strength) Most cats aren't fond of water, but being able to swim long enough to reach dry land is useful.
Wrestle: (strength) The type of fighting cats do once they are directly on top of each other and too close to rear back and swat.

KNACKS
While skills represent things all cats can do, knacks are actions that must be learned before they can be used. Therefore, you need to choose to use them in situations. Some knacks can be advanced, but initially you must choose 3 SEPARATE knacks. You may not choose Clan Lore, but that will be granted to your cat later. All leaders have Interpret Dreams.

Bonuses:
As a kittypet, you know lots about Twolegs and their behavior. You have Twoleg Lore. You also have Balance from navigating their dens and possibly backyards. As a loner, you pay attention to the world around you. You have Alertness. You also have Survival Lore. As a rogue, you need to protect your territory. You have Stalk. You also have Survival Lore. These are as well as your 3 knacks.

KNACK LIST
Alertness: Allows your cat to be more attentive to things going on near them (affects either focus, listen, see, or smell). Can be advanced once, to affect two skills at the same time
Animal Lore: Your cat has a great deal of knowledge about other animals (excluding Twolegs). This knack can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Balance: Helps your cat to move safely along branches, fences, and other precarious places.
Belly Rake: A fighting maneuver used when wrestling, it does extra damage to your opponent. Cannot be used while you are pinned. Can be advanced once.
Chomp: Powerful bite attack that temporarily immobilizes your victim.
Clan Lore: Your cat has a great deal of knowledge about the Clans and cats in general. Can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Dash: Your cat can run faster and farther than usual. Some obstacles prevent dashing, such as thick mud, objects that must be climbed, and other things not easily avoided.
Dodge: An improvement on the jump skill, useful to avoid damage in fights. Can be advanced two times.
Feint: Use misdirection and quick movements to improve accuracy with Swat attacks. Can be advanced two times.
Herb Lore: Your cat has a great deal of knowledge about healing herbs and how to treat illnesses, but not diagnose them. Can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Hide: Your cat is particularly clever at finding spots to sit still and hide.
Inspect: The ability to judge what abilities, skills, and knacks another cat has. Can be advanced once to get specific numbers.
Interpret Dreams: The ability to get accurate meaning out of dreams and prophecies. Also able to understand when a dream is just ordinary. Can be advanced once.
Launch: A fighting maneuver used when wrestling, it flings your opponent away. Can be performed when pinned. Opponent will land two body lengths away and will be disoriented. Can be advanced once.
Leap: Your cat can pounce over a farther distance than normal. However, the landing will be uncontrolled and difficult.
Medicine Lore: Your cat has a great deal of knowledge about illnesses and injury, and is able to diagnose them, but not treat them. Can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Mighty Swat: A fighting maneuver that lets your cat do extra damage with swat attacks. Can be advanced once.
Orate: Your cat is good at giving speeches and motivating or convincing others, as well as knowing what others find appealing. Orate does not work on other players cats, only cats controlled by the Narrator. Can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Pathfinder: Your cat has a very good sense of direction and almost never gets lost. Limited access to the map. Can be advanced once.
Pin: A fighting maneuver used when wrestling, it immobilizes your opponent. Pinned cats can try to escape by overpowering you or launching you, they can also swat you or bite you. Can be advanced once.
Pummel: A fighting maneuver that relies on brute force. A swat attack that uses strength instead of strategy. Can be advanced once.
Spring: Your cat can do a special type of pounce that goes very high straight up in the air. Used usually to bat at an object out of reach. Can be advanced two times.
Stalk: Your cat is particularly clever when it comes to sneaking up on others. Affects Sneak. Can pause momentarily to avoid detection, but if they come to a complete and extended halt, they have stopped stalking. Could be used on prey.
Survival Lore: Your cat knows the System of loners and rogues, which can be used to gain or impress cats. Can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Swipe: Used to catch fish. Can accurately grab objects with a paw. Can be advanced once.
Track: Your cat is particularly good at following something using their sight, hearing, and sense of smell. Affects either See, Listen, or Smell. Can be advanced once.
Twoleg Lore: Your cat has a great deal of knowledge about Twolegs, their nests, and their beasts. Can be advanced indefinitely, but each advancement increases in difficulty.
Yowl: Your cat can shout messages over long distances. Good for yelling for help or addressing your clan. Can add to arching or hissing. Can be advanced twice, each time the distance the message can be heard from increases.
Edited By Goldenfeather74 on 1/25/2018 at 8:55 PM.
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:11 PM Post #4
Player One: IvyCat
Ginger | Copperheart | Copperstar

Clan Name
DawnClan
Personality
While he is kind and loyal, he has difficultly grasping the idea of StarClan. He may pretend he's fine and does believe in them, when in reality he doesn't. He is flirty and doesn't care what anyone looks like, treating them equally and having a way of words to make them feel better. He isn't the stronger cat, but makes up for it. Copperheart also has a habit of catching his prey slowly and watching it suffer to death, first tearing out it's voice box so it didn't scareaway other prey.
Backstory
Born as a rogue, he had a sister called Mallow. He had to watch his parent killed and her injured in a badger attack, dragging Mallow to safety. She later said she wanted to live as a kittypet as she made friends with a few in the neighbourhood and Ginger sadly fulfilled her wish, taking her there. He has never looked back since and hopes she is happy, travelling far away from the place everything'd been taken from him. He met a few accomplishments on the way and had a mate, who he loved dearly and settled down with. She later died from a hawk as he lived out on the mesa. He moved on again, wandering aimlessly.
When he found out about all-powerful StarClan, he stayed silent and calm, flirty as he usually was. Inside, he knew they were to blame. They cursed him from birth to lose his loved ones. But it wouldn't stop him from trying, and one day he would have his revenge.

Abilities
Strength: 3
Intelligence: 3
Spirit: 2
Skills
Smell: 1
Jump: 1
Climb: 1
Wrestle: 2
Pounce: 1
Arch: 1
Bite: 1
Knacks
Survival Lore
Stalk
Launch
Orate
Pin
Interpret Dreams
Edited By Goldenfeather74 on 1/25/2018 at 8:55 PM.
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM Post #5
Reserved
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM Post #6
Reserved
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM Post #7
Reserved
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM Post #8
Reserved
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM Post #9
Reserved
Goldenfeather74
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/11/2018 at 2:12 PM Post #10
Reserved
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.