Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1
Alright. This thread will serve as the mega-thread for all Lunemara Themed Design changes.

As I've stated before, the goal of these changes is to not only make all Genes and Accents easily visible, but to also make sure the final design changes mostly match the original designs. I have taken a lot of feedback and multiple passes at these and this is what I have so far.

Please post any feedback you may have about the designs for discussion. Please keep in mind that the goal of this is to make the new designs as close to the originals as possible.

These are the final proposed Themed Design changes.

Anthias Lunemara

Autumn Night Lunemara

Blazing Fireworks Lunemara

Bottled Moonlight Lunemara

Candlelit Lunemara

Canna Annjee Lunemara

Early Bloom Lunemara

Fairy Lights Lunemara

Festive Lunemara

Ghostly Lights Lunemara

Gladiolus Lunemara

Halloween Lunemara

Harvest Embers Lunemara

Honey Bee Lunemara

Ladybug Lunemara

Liberty Hosta Lunemara

Lucky Lunemara

Maple Syrup Lunemara

Orange Cake Lunemara

Patriotic Lunemara

Plumberry Cobbler Lunemara

Raspberry Chocolate Lunemara

Rosenmunnar Cookie Lunemara

Summer Sunrise Lunemara

Sunbeam Lunemara

Sunset Chrysanthemum Lunemara

Tiger Swallowtail Lunemara

Tyrielle's Minion Lunemara

Will O' Wisp Lunemara

Yuletide Lunemara

Zombified Lunemara

Edited By Krinadon on 8/19/2017 at 2:50 PM.
Ephemeral
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 168
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:31 PM Post #2
I like all of the new ones except the Anthias Lunes. I think the blue wing glow looks a bit cold and out of place next to the bright pink, red, yellow, and orangey colors :)
Amarok
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 104
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:36 PM Post #3
The new-new anthias looks way better than the old-new anthias.

It more closely resembles how the anthias actually looked before the revamp.
Edited By Amarok on 8/15/2017 at 11:36 PM.
SheVampire
Level 72
Sylestiologist
Threads: 274
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:40 PM Post #4
I don't understand what you mean by theme design changes. Are you going to change all the released themes to new color schemes??
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:47 PM Post #5
SheVampire- due to criticism of the new color schemes of themed Lunemaras making multiple traits look... I guess unpleasant is one word to describe it, the Themed colors are going to be switched around and adjusted to look better, but still stay true to the original idea of the theme.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:52 PM Post #6
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49980&page=1#4
Author: SheVampire
Time Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:40 PM
I don't understand what you mean by theme design changes. Are you going to change all the released themes to new color schemes??

So, originally as you know, the Lunemara did not use AC1 or AC2. This means that their Genes and Mutations largely relied on C3 for the accent.

However, now that we've diverted that to AC1 and AC2 for genes and mutations respectively, we had to come up with those colors as none of the Themed Designs originally had it set and had no use for them (and, well, AC2 didn't even literally exist yet).

We didn't plan accordingly for this and ended up largely doing this last minute. As such, most of the changes to AC1 and AC2 ended up being pulled from EC, not C3. This essentially had the effect of changing the way these Themed Designs loaded with Traits from their original concept.

So I am now going back, one by one, adjusting the Themed Designs in an attempt to make them match as closely as possible to their original designs that relied on C3 for Genes and Mutation accents.

In the future, we will spend much more time preparing Themed for a revamp in order to avoid this from happening.
Edited By Krinadon on 8/15/2017 at 11:53 PM.
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:53 PM Post #7
Out of the three designs I like the proposed one best. However, I feel that this design is the most Ladybug like.

It may have two of the tri colors that are next to each other as the same color, but for a ladybug design I feel it has to be black on red. I know that they come in many other colors and pattern, but this is the most typical.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 12:05 AM Post #8
Ladybug is a very complicated Themed to try and make work.

So, V1 did not retain the original red wings, red body look. I changed the wings to an offwhite.

V2 retains the exact same original body look. However, in order to actually see all colors of the traits, the offwhite needs to be used.

It depends on which traits you look at for how they are. For example....

V2 as is with White Peacock G1 and then with Beetle G1:

However, if I were to switch the white/black for spots:

I think, clearly, the top for White Peacock looks better, but the bottom for Beetle looks better. However, I think, overall, the top is the less of the two evils - so to say.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 12:23 AM Post #9
Revisiting the Anthias and playing around with all three versions--Current, Previous New, and Newest New.

I'm basing these on the original traits of some of my fave Anthiases, just to get more ideas of how this trait might go with that trait.

Current: Flowers disappear against fur. Antennae crescents are not noticeable.

Previous New: Flowers nicely visible. Crescents somewhat more visible. The light blue doesn't seem to quite fit in with the rest of the palette's colors.

Newest New: Flowers nicely visible. Crescents somewhat more visible. A more screamingly fluorescent palette than ever, which is nice, but the vibrant purple is completely lost. The light blue still looks a bit as if it wandered in from some other Theme.

Current: This works. The blue on the head from G1 June helps a bit with crescent visibility.

Previous New: This works, but the light blue looks . . . too light. Crescents here don't need so much visibility help. The purple on the head from G1 June nevertheless looks good.

Newest New: Oh dear. G1 June doesn't put blue or purple on the head. The blue still looks too light, or maybe just not vibrant enough. IMO, the yellow Frosted Tips on the lavender fur is not working.

Current: Nice except for those obscure crescents. The Swirling Snowflakes are easily seen.

Previous New: The Swirling Snowflakes are less visible than before, but the crescents definitely look better than before.

Newest New: IMO, the lavender on the fur jars with the bright yellow band. The two previous palettes made Tri Color look like a natural gradation. To me, there's also just too much pink, not enough nonpink.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 8/16/2017 at 12:26 AM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 12:34 AM Post #10
Edit: Okay, I had some time to go through and actually go into my thoughts on each of the themes with proposed changes. I'd love to read the thoughts others have, especially the creators of themes with proposed changes.

Anthias:
With the proposed change, the design just seems to become overpoweringly pink, also the lighter blue doesn't really seem to work on the design. Now, I can't remember what the original, original Anthias looked like (wasn't a theme I collected), but if it was overpoweringly pink before, then I guess that part is fine? I'd like to hear from the creator of the theme on that, really. They would know best what their creation was meant to look like.

Autumn Night:
With the original, I'm seeing a lot more 'night' and a lot less 'autumn', so much so that the brown wings are off-putting. The addition of that soft yellow brings in the 'autumn' much more and makes the brown seem like it should be there.

Blazing Fireworks:
Looks like just a slight change in the A1 green? Either way looks nice, I think.

Bottled Moonlight:
I see why you want to differentiate the A1 from the G1, but I think the change should be the other way around, if anything. The new yellow is far too yellow for the theme. It looks more like bottled sunlight than moonlight that way. Far prefer the original on this one.

Candlelit:
While the original looks much more like what I remember this theme looking like, I definitely prefer the proposed colours here. They say 'candle light' far more to me than the original did.

Canna Annjee:
The change here is subtle, but the darkening of the C3 does help each piece of the lunemara to be visible, So I'd say the proposed colours would be a good change.

Early Bloom:
I know the proposed colours are closer to what the theme originally looked like, but I personally prefer that hot pink in the A1 to the pale lilac XD So yeah, I'd choose the original just from personal preference, but if we're trying to stay true to the theme, I guess the proposed would be better.

Fairy Lights:
I really don't have a strong opinion for this one. Neither one screams 'fairy lights' to me, so I think lovers of this theme, or the theme creator, should weigh in on it instead of me.

Festive:
I have the same issue with the proposed colours on this one as I do with the bottled moonlight: the new A1 is just too yellow. Currently, the A1 is a lovely pale gold that works well with the red and green to evoke a feeling of Christmas. Yellow... just doesn't seem to fit, to me.

Ghostly Lights:
Honestly, I like both variations. The blue of the original feels more 'ghostly' to me, but the near white of the proposed feels more like it fits the whole name of the theme. So, I guess I'd go with the proposed colours here.

Gladiolus:
This being the lune theme that I created, I think I might have some weight on commenting on it? I tried several combinations of traits when considering which colour scheme I prefered, and which best represented what I was trying to do with this theme. While I kind of love the pink 'dust' on the wings in the proposed version, what it does to the mutations is not what I was going for originally. Nor am I really a fan of the much darker pink in the A2 position. This is especially obvious when using the Floral Garland, where some of the flowers look red by comparison, which was definitely not a colour meant for the theme. While the orange wasn't necessarily supposed to be as prominent in the mutations as it is, it fits with the rest of the theme, and is likely what I would have chosen had I been designing the theme today.

Halloween:
In this case, the proposed colours definitely better reflect what the theme looked like before the revamp.

Harvest Embers:
The slight change for the proposed version here definitely makes it look more like embers to me, but I'd want to hear from the theme creator as to how close this is to their original vision.

Honey Bee:
This one is hard to say. I like the bright yellow on the proposed version, but the original says 'honey' to me more. Again, would like the theme creator to chime in.

Ladybug
For this one, the original is the way I would want to go. The two proposed versions just have too much white for me to associate them with 'ladybugs'. The pop of white in the fur is enough contrast wihout adding more. If contrast is needed, I would say go for a dark red instead of more white.

Lucky:
I... honestly like them both. Both say 'Irish luck' to me. If I were a breeder of luckies, I'd probably go half and half here, haha. So, that being the case, I'd say proposed, just so both options would be available XP

Maple Syrup:
I get the idea of the proposed lighter colour, but the original dark red really makes me think 'maple' far more. I love the contrast of the paler colours with the red, instead of pale on pale. Definitely more a fan of the original in this case.

Orange Cake:
I am firmly in the camp of the proposed colours here. When I was trying to regen my orange cakes, I was sad to see just how much green had crept into the palette when it was supposed to be *orange* cake XD I do have to say, though, I wish I could have the green glows on the wings without it overpowering my mutations! XD

Patriotic:
I like both. The proposed is more like what the original patriotics were like, which I have always prefered. However, the original looks like it would fit more with the second gen patriotics that have 'fireworks' type colours mixed in with their red, white, and blue. So yeah, I'd be fine either way.

Raspberry Chocolate:
Definitely more a fan of the original here. The red in the A1 brings the raspberry into the chocolate. With the proposed colours it's far more 'chocolate' and not really 'raspberry' at all.

Rosenmunnar Cookie:
The change from the orangy-red to the more solid red would be a good move, in my opinion. It seems to work better with the overall theme. However, I would, again, love to hear how the theme creator feels about it, and whether it fits with how they were putting the theme together originally.

Sunbeam:
The only difference I see is in the G2 colour? I think the proposed green in that colour fits well and allows the fluff to have a sort of gradient look in most traits. So, I'd say the proposed would be better.

Sunset Chrysanthemum:
I absolutely love the brightened look of the proposed colours. Having more yellow and a brightened red makes the whole thing pop. However, with it being such a large change, I'd like to hear what the theme creator has to say about it.

Tiger Swallowtail:
Here I feel that the change in the A2 to match the A1 is very good. When the A2 was black in the original, all of the M2 choices were very, very black. With the change to the blue, though, these mutations become far more beautiful while remaining within the theme's original colour palette.

Yuletide:
While I believe the proposed colours are closer to the intent of the original theme, I have to say I really prefer the more red-dominant original. However, since the intent is to keep the feeling of the theme itself, I guess the proposed colours would do that better.

Zombified:
While I think the original colours are fine for this theme, the darker grey-green of the proposed A1 really does work well at evoking rotted flesh, which is what this theme is all about.
Edited By Mikazukichan on 8/16/2017 at 10:00 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.