Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 12:43 AM Post #11
As I said, I am trying to avoid changing the original design. So like, for the original G1, there was no blue anywhere in sight for any of those traits.

So I am trying to avoid now adding in blue.

And I do understand the light blue. It does stand out. So I can change that back to the dark blue.

I changed G2 to yellow so that the other G2 genes aren't just pink on pink.

And I have AC1 set to pink because that's what the original C3 was set to.

So all of that said lol, what would be your suggestion? It looks like you liked different variations depending on the visible Traits. Unfortunately, I have to settle on just one design. =D
Swirlspot
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 64
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 1:32 AM Post #12
You think so? I kinda prefer both of the bottom versions myself.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 2:08 AM Post #13
Remaining Themed Designs added.

Patriotic Lunemara

*Significantly changed. But fortunately, the 'point' of the Themed remains the same.*

Plumberry Cobbler Lunemara

Design Unchanged

Raspberry Chocolate Lunemara

Rosenmunnar Cookie Lunemara

Summer Sunrise Lunemara

Design Unchanged

Sunbeam Lunemara

Sunset Chrysanthemum Lunemara

Tiger Swallowtail Lunemara

Tyrielle's Minion Lunemara

Design Unchanged

Will O' Wisp Lunemara

Design Unchanged

Yuletide Lunemara

Zombified Lunemara

Edited By Krinadon on 8/16/2017 at 2:08 AM.
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 5:18 AM Post #14
I am not a fan of new bottled moonlight. You can tell the colours apart... its just that I dislike that darker yellow. The older designs also don't have that colour in it.
Edited By Electrifying on 8/16/2017 at 5:23 AM.
Coolsharp
Level 60
Lucky Leprechaun
Threads: 8
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 6:51 AM Post #15
Where can I obtain these? (It's the festival right?) also. The orange cake one doesn't really look caky enough. You should put designs in the wings and body that sorta look like a orange creme icing. This is making me really hungry. Lol. So, anyways. Good job anyways! :D
Starsfishtwo
Level 55
Threads: 8
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 7:40 AM Post #16
yeah me too a little bit. but the changes the beautiful
Lovespell
Level 70
Majestic Brewmaster
Threads: 9
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 9:56 AM Post #17
I appreciate how hard you are working to try and make everyone happy Krinadon, that is one thing I really like about this site :)

I think they all look great, the color schemes are on theme and aesthetically pleasing either way

Keep up the good work
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 10:36 AM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=11#105
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 8/15/2017 at 8:27 PM
[quote=940044]

Unless I'm mistaken, the original Bottled Moonlight Lunemara would have had a pure light yellow White Peacock Gene - not light blue as the proposed change has.

I actually, upon realizing this, revised it to be back to yellow and this is what I have atm:

Originally, White Peacock Gene was also just one color - not two.

The original BM Lunemara actually had the same color for both GC1 and C3, so any gene except for Lucky Runes (which originally used EC for the glow), would have looked the same for both parts if it had two parts.

Unless I'm mistaken? But I'm trying to be very meticulous and make sure I'm not mistaken about this. =D I am going through the old code file to verify what I had each trait set to and what colors for what and referencing the original PSD files to double check.

All genes were left as a solid color initially (the gene and accent were identical anyway, so regardless of accent colors, it was one-color genes.) BUT it wasn't as glaring an issue before the revamp. Most of the genes were fairly small at the time, and since the light blue accent color WAS on the Lune's back by default in their previous design, I for one, really want it back. The new Lune's bodies are one-color, while the old ones were a default two-tone. Genes or no genes, the old BM Lune's body was actually a dark blue with a light blue highlight. Most of the genes played well with this highlight, so the use of gene and accent as identical wasn't as bad since it was still a three-color body.

Also what specifically drew me to the theme were the Wings on this one. The color there was the light yellow which drew in great contrast to the orangey-yellow wing color. Making the accent color gold really kills that...

Edit: The matter of Wing Genes is all the more pressing now since all wings are primarily a solid color with glowey effect, rather than the two-tone blend. Without any genes it's just solid orangey-yellow rather than the light yellow to orangey-yellow blend, so I'd say that keeping in the light yellow would be more true to the original design which heavily focused on this aspect, even with default wings and no wing genes.

Closest I can get to recreating the previous colors?

Bring back the light blue on the body, and keep the pale yellow on the wings.

(I've been looking at this theme since it first came out and I've bred 284 by the tag "BM" for getting to 6V, and 34 more by the tag "STATS" while philtering 6V's. Makes the differences a lot more noticeable when you've spent over a year breeding the same theme over and over again. XD)
Edited By Xavion on 8/16/2017 at 11:34 AM.
3puppies4fish
Level 18
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 11:05 AM Post #19
I think that for the Will O' Wisp you should change the black to white so that the light blue stands out on the abdomen.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 11:24 AM Post #20
@Mikazukichan

Honey Bee:
This one is hard to say. I like the bright yellow on the proposed version, but the original says 'honey' to me more. Again, would like the theme creator to chime in.

Hello~! Original designer of the Honey Bee here to chime in! Krin actually did take my suggestion on the changes to the theme as posted here when I first pointed out some of the theme issues. It was originally designed to be based on the bee itself,
with a touch of honey colors.

Orange Cake:
I am firmly in the camp of the proposed colours here. When I was trying to regen my orange cakes, I was sad to see just how much green had crept into the palette when it was supposed to be *orange* cake XD I do have to say, though, I wish I could have the green glows on the wings without it overpowering my mutations! XD

I'm also responsible for that one ^^;

The green initially came from the reference images I had used. While I don't recall exactly what they were, I do know that the green came from the use of leaves on the cake. Like this one. (Only the reference I used wasn't coated in icing.) While I'll miss some of the green, it has become very overpowering with the revamp changes so I can see every reason to change the A2. .__.

After taking a closer look for it I do have a small recommendation which is almost 100% based on Mantis Wings. I didn't realize until a moment ago that it takes from FOUR colors. SIX when you add genes! (I'm gonna have so much fun with those now!)

Current standing, the Mantis Wings looks like it takes only from 3.

1) Darken the eye color a little. >__> It looks way too bright now, lol
2) Lighten the C3 so there's contrast with the wings.

Most traits remain unaffected. Among those I noticed were tiny changes in the Restricted Scarab G1 trait, the M1 Ladybug Antenna, M2 Lunar Garb, and of course the M3 Mantis Wings. And also the Forest Spirit Arms. Doesn't seem to hurt any of those and it greatly helps the Mantis Wings.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.