ah thx.

where is the link to the thread?
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 7:48 PM Post #102
Hello,

I would like to add my 2 cents. I have some concerns with the changes. I agree with what zelly was saying about the baldness (tbh I didn't even notice but now I see it and cannot unsee it)

I'm actually concerned about gem wings, faded glowlight, and anthias lunes* spelf pinged for this bit.

So first concerning gem wings/beetle.

Gem wings has lost much of its original charm. And its easy to see when combined with beetle (which was really nice with gem wings).

1) beetle gene can barely be seen through the wings as they are

2) the gems hanging from the bottom of the wings??? What happened to the nice curly things with the bulbous gem growing off of it? Why are the 'hanging off bits' straight?

3) I like the way beetle gene acted on the 'hanging off' bits of the bulb gems. It's just beautiful. New gem wings completely loses this feature.

IDK. I kinda like these wings, but I feel as though they are not 'gem wings' - at least not the bottom half, and it really killed the trait for me. I really miss the smooth gems hanging off the curly tendrils. That looked magical. But now the bottom bits is just a thin pair of lines :\ - it looks static when compared to the more fluid/older one.

my next concern is mainly about anthias. I am not so sure about the new anthias and I think the reason is that G1 and G3 now has blue in it, and...I am ambivalent about it. @spelf can I get your input here? You're the anthias fan.

G3 grub with the blue actually looks pretty cool

But I am not fond of some of it. It's just too much blue. I thoguht this theme was meant to have a lot of yellow pink and purple with very, very little blue. I liked it when the eyes contrasted with everything else, but I don't think there is anyway to fix this. The theme just does not feel like anthias to me.

Anyway. Not sure if this helps in anyway, and not sure if these ideas are supported, I don't want to whine too much because I really like the revamp, and I can learn to like these new anthias, its just that I miss the old ones.
Edited By Amarok on 8/15/2017 at 7:49 PM.
Firefish
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 0
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 8:02 PM Post #103
I think they look great. :D I like the hands
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 8:17 PM Post #104
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=8#77
Author: SpaceElf1
Time Posted: 8/15/2017 at 1:43 AM
Re the list of proposed Theme changes--

I spent a lot of time staring at the Anthias palette when I was breeding for the first 6 Vis, and IMO the new palette is decidedly superior to the old one.

The new Autumn Night palette has, to me, a washed-out look, and it has become mostly "autumn" and very little "night." I think the old palette is more vibrant and is better balanced between the autumn colors and the night colors.

The new Blazing Fireworks seems to blaze just a bit more than that Theme did before. Thumbs up.

I like the little changes in Bottled Moonlight's Eye Color and AC2, but I'm not sure about switching the G1 color from pale gold to blue. Perhaps consider keeping the G1 color as it is but increasing the saturation of the AC color (and shifting it a bit into the red):

The new Candlelit looks good overall, but may be just a bit too orange. Perhaps your could really desaturate the M2 color to restore balance.
This instead of this

To me, the new Canna Annjee seems just a bit too crimson, though I definitely like the new M1 and M3 colors.

For the Early Bloom, I like the subtle changes, but turning the G1 color from pink to yellow makes some G1 traits hard to see.

New Fairy Lights looks nice with more gold and less red, but instead of switching AC1 from red to gold, how about switching M2 from red to gold?
From this to this
Heck, maybe even switch both AC1 and M2 to gold.

More later, I hope.

Some of the changes I made that you pointed out - I actually made to make the Themed Design resemble more of the original and not first version of changes. Like, Fairy Lights, for example, I don't believe any original Fairy Lights Lunemara had any red in their genes. However, Version 1.0 of changes added red.

So with my change, I put it back to more of what it would have looked like as the original design.

I took your suggestions and some other suggestions and revisited some of the Themed, as well as trying to again keep the focus on making them more like their original vision - and made some changes.

I'll go through and do some more and post a new post with more designs and some of the changes later tonight.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 8:27 PM Post #105
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49886&page=9#86
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 8/15/2017 at 11:09 AM
[quote=939800]

I did notice a comment made on the BM Lunes, so I figure I should counter-state that I greatly prefer the current idea for them. It stays more true to Fox's original design that I loved enough to invest a Maxed Stats project for. Already that's been a 50+ Prismatic philter investment so I do have a lot riding on the fate of this theme. .__.;

Sorry, Spelf! But the proposed change to the accent really kills the subtle beauty of the wings since the color is way too close to the base wing color. I'll use Koi to point this out since it's great for testing the color trio.

Keep in mind that Koi is the most "in-your-face-this-trait-has-three-colors" for the wings, so those with more subtle changes suffer a lot worse with this suggestion.

Unless I'm mistaken, the original Bottled Moonlight Lunemara would have had a pure light yellow White Peacock Gene - not light blue as the proposed change has.

I actually, upon realizing this, revised it to be back to yellow and this is what I have atm:

Originally, White Peacock Gene was also just one color - not two.

The original BM Lunemara actually had the same color for both GC1 and C3, so any gene except for Lucky Runes (which originally used EC for the glow), would have looked the same for both parts if it had two parts.

Unless I'm mistaken? But I'm trying to be very meticulous and make sure I'm not mistaken about this. =D I am going through the old code file to verify what I had each trait set to and what colors for what and referencing the original PSD files to double check.
Edited By Krinadon on 8/15/2017 at 8:28 PM.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 8:35 PM Post #106
I've posted here before but I'll try to be more constructive with this post. :) I'm not responding to anyone in particular and I hope my comments don't step on anyone's toes.

I am a huge fan of the new lunes. I think it was a giant step in the right direction in terms of 'modernizing' a species that needed a drastic change! The new lines make them look much more dynamic and pet-like. I don't really see the 'humanoid' features that some people seem to be reporting - to me, their new look just makes them seem more intelligent; this aspect makes them feel more like the other revamped species in my opinion. Before this update, they just felt like bugs. Now they feel like pets. :)

I see the nose issue popping up again. Personally I'm a fan - I think they add dimension to the face and give character where there really wasn't any in the past. I can't really picture what the face would look like without it...The old lunes had an angle to their faces that these ones don't have. With the nose gone I think it would just look empty.

I also see some people talking about the antennae mutations. I reeeeeally like the new base antennae. Avatar antennae is also very nice. However, I agree that some of the new antennae options make the head look a little bit sparse. I can't really see myself using the Dragonfly or Ladybug antennae. They're very small, especially juxtaposed with the glorious fluff on the rest of the lunes. I can't help but think that if they were just a tad bigger they might be more appealing.

I'm glad to know you'll look at making G3 noticeable on the Branch traits. I love the wings, but as it is I can't bring myself to put it on my 6vis lunes and make one of their visibles completely in-visible, lol.

One thing I would like to say is that when I see the name Gem Wings/Antennae, I think of something more like the puffadore's Jeweled Wings. The Gem Wings on these lunes looks more like Icicle Wings to me! I really like how it looks, but I think the name is a bit misleading.

I don't really feel qualified to weigh in on the Themed discussion. I've only done one project and only own a handful of lune themes. But I really do like the adjustment made to the Plumberry Cobbler lunes - I think that deeper purple you put in A1 makes them much more vibrant!

Thank you as always for all your hard work and your willingness to listen to comments and criticism. I'm always amazed by how much you respect your userbase. A++, 10/10 would join again!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 9:07 PM Post #107
Sorry for the frequent mass pings, but I feel like this one warrants it to avoid confusion/panic.

I will actually be making a separate thread solely for Lunemara Themed Design changes later tonight so that all of that discussion can be directed there and then I won't have to keep mass pinging updates in this thread - players can just follow the new thread if they want to.

Anyway, the reason for this ping is that I made a color swap to Ladybug Wings.

Original Ladybug Wings has MC as the Carapace part and C3 as the Wing part. The Revamped Lunemara swapped this. As time has gone on, I've always had an issue with this getting it to be just right and decided this was the underlying problem.

As such, I have reversed these colors and it is now back to the way it originally was.

If you have already re-gen'd or dyed a pet that's affected by this change and would like a do-over or just something changed/swapped, send me a PM with the pet and what you want changed. I will gladly fix it for you!
Edited By Krinadon on 8/15/2017 at 9:12 PM.
Coolsharp
Level 60
Lucky Leprechaun
Threads: 8
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 9:11 PM Post #108
I don't really see any problems with the Lunemaras. The Branch Wings on it looks good but the Branch antennas kinda make me wonder. But what I really want to say is about the pets body. Is there a specific reason to why is there a tiny curve on its bottom? Is it like a tail or something? Because whenever I see it, it kinda looks like a ghost if you just paint it all white and have that little curve at the bottom of it. I hope you understand what I'm saying because I don't think I typed this correctly. Anyways back to the Branch antennas, I think the Branch Antennas have different designs. Like instead of being all curvey, they could be straight or sharp or even some of them could be broken or maybe the wings. But then again, it would take a long time to implement this in I think so this is just my thoughts. You do great Krinadon! You keep doing you bro. A+++++ work right here. :D
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 9:12 PM Post #109
I have regenned most of them already lol, will have a look now.
Forcehorse2003
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 12
Posted: 8/15/2017 at 9:15 PM Post #110
When I went to re-gen my male Lune it wouldnt let me because they were carried, it also wouldnt let me make them visible? It even wouldnt let me change the colors of its eyes, body, etc... Please help
Edited By Forcehorse2003 on 8/15/2017 at 9:17 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.