Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Summer Festival - Avatar Item Desig...
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Spottedskunk
Level 49
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 3:51 PM Post #51
Yayyyy! I finally did it... I found out how to do it.

First, you're gonna need a Deviantart account. Once you make one (or if you already have one) and post your avatar outfit image on Deviantart, hover your mouse (if you're on a computer or laptop) over the picture and right click. A drop down thing should drop down, click on copy. Paste the url thing in between the IMG things.
Hark
Level 68
Seashell Collector
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 8:00 PM Post #52
ok so this is my first time doing one of these! my sister helped me figure it out but tell me if I did something wrong and I'll try to fix it

oufit: junkyard dog outfit - its kinda ragged clothes with a collar around the neck, and a belt around the waist. the shoes are basically dog feet and there are bracelets around the wrists

head: junkyard dog shaggy hair - its kinda hard to see, but its a shaggy hairdo with dog ears and dyed at the tips

held: junkyard dog crowbar - yep.

back: junkyard dog tail - yep.

wing: junkyard dog shaggy wing - just one wing on the side, kinda ragged like the rest of the clothes

edit: forgot to mention the summer theme. It's like in movies or cartoons, on a warm summer night and you go for a walk around the city, you always hear the sounds of stray dogs...they're always more common in summer when its hot out
maybe thats too much of a stretch but thats what I thought of I'm sorry

thanks and good luck everybody!!
Admins...i'm sorry for wasting your time if it doesnt qualify for not fitting the theme enough :')
Edited By Hark on 8/1/2017 at 8:49 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 8:40 PM Post #53
Even though its not summer themed I really like this Idea!, maybe the hair can have two versions, like a long haired version with pointed ears too ^.^ I love it !
Hark
Level 68
Seashell Collector
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 8:56 PM Post #54
thanks!

i hope it's not going against the rules for the theme to be so...obscure?? it was the first thing I thought of :(
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 8/1/2017 at 9:14 PM Post #55
If so you can always submit for the fall/ Halloween festival! I have a neko type design I'm working on for that as well ^.^
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 8/2/2017 at 5:26 AM Post #56
Hi Krin. Just to check, when you say we can submit ONE official entry, does that mean that we must choose either the female or male avatar base? Or do we need to design the set for both male and female? Thanks in advance!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/2/2017 at 11:19 AM Post #57
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=49385&page=6#56
Author: Godiva
Time Posted: 8/2/2017 at 5:26 AM
Hi Krin. Just to check, when you say we can submit ONE official entry, does that mean that we must choose either the female or male avatar base? Or do we need to design the set for both male and female? Thanks in advance!

They're basically the same - so just design for whichever base you choose. If selected, our artists will adjust for the other base.

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could provide examples for both bases. However, it would have to be the same entry.
Godiva
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 45
Posted: 8/3/2017 at 5:41 AM Post #58
Thanks Krin, that saves me a lot of extra work doing the male avatar base too!
Here's my entry:

Japanese Festival Yukata

Summer in Japan is all about festivals! Warm nights filled with fireworks, food stalls, beer, and yukata will forever be my image of summer. I have tried to recreate that here, but please excuse the poor drawing skills!

Japanese Yukata
I made the yukata design based on fireworks, but other colours could include popular motifs such as flowers, koi fish, or geometrical patterns. You could also shorten the length to make it a bit more fun and contemporary.

Obi Belt
Yukata bow and belt, left long and loose and flowing behind the avatar.

Festival Background
Festival background showing hanabi (fireworks). Other background options could include festival lights, glowbugs, colourful food stalls, or the riverside.

Fireworks Sparkler
A cute little sparkler like the ones people enjoy playing with during festival season. Other possible held items could be food or drinks, like meat/fish on a stick, chocolate banana, or a bottle of ramune.

Updo with Ornament
For the head I chose a typical yukata hairstyle, with an updo and flowers set into the hair. The flowers could be made bigger, dangling, or other hair ornaments could be used instead.

Edited By Godiva on 8/3/2017 at 6:01 AM.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 8/3/2017 at 10:21 AM Post #59
I like, I like very much. oh no...can't contain.....myself...urk.....squeee! Grabs otter and cuddles it while cartoonie hearts float above my head. Yes I like otters. I also like the bathing suit design. Also I applaud your artistic ability. It looks like a five year old when I try to draw....sigh.
Anemochory
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 156
Posted: 8/3/2017 at 11:48 AM Post #60
All right, here's my entry, finally! I really wanted a musician theme, especially the music notes background, so I thought a long time about what my inspiration should be. Do I go with ethnic or traditional musicians, or classical, or music festival outfits, or hippies...I was even strongly tempted to do a Highland Dancers theme. (Which I might still do sometime! Do we even have a kilt anywhere?)

Anyway, the theme I eventually decided on was...Renaissance Faire musician! Faires are often held in summer, so I think it fits:

Breakdown:

Outfit--A flowy top and skirt with layered triangles, and a corset belt.
Held--A violin. Another idea for a held could be an ocarina--I bought one at a Ren Faire myself.
Back: Music Staff and Notes. I just have notes floating around, but you could have sharps, flats, bass clef, etc. there too, if you want.
Head: I want to explain this to make sure it's clear: It's a crown braid, with a curly bun in back, locks of hair hanging down, and a little bit of jewelry consisting of two chain pieces and a jewel, attached in front.
(When I researched Ren Faire hairstyles, there were so many really cool ideas, so I did a little of each. :P Except flowers; they seemed too uncreative. The really awesome hairstyles were the braids, but...you can only see them from the back. XD)

Edit: The name I thought would work would be the Faire Musician set.
And about colors--I was just going to let the artists decide, but a few ideas would be a green, brown and white scheme; a red, cream and gold scheme; and a purple and black scheme. Just throwing them out there!
Also, violins can pretty much come in any color nowadays, but one wood choice would be really nice. Maybe a black one, too.

And, I just want to add a note here: This is inspired by outfits of the type I see regularly at Renaissance Faires. It came totally out of that inspiration and my imagination. This is not in anyway a historical representation of a Renaissance era dress. It's more Bohemian/Pirate.
(I just wanted to say this because it drives me crazy when I see any remotely historical dress called "Renaissance". It was a specific period with a particular style. The worst is when I see a dress tagged "Renaissance, Medieval, Victorian, Georgian, Antoinette". Well, that narrows it down to about a 600 year period of European history...and it's probably inaccurate to every year in that period. XD Sorry, rant and lecture over.)

And sorry for all the text; I have this need to explain everything that was going on in my brain while I was making something. XD

Also, I'm not really sold on my male outfit idea, but I'll upload the concept anyway. This isn't really drawn on the base; it was a sketch.

It's a tunic, vest, poofy pants, and boots. I didn't really have any ideas for the head item.
Edited By Lonefox on 8/6/2017 at 12:34 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.