Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Looking For Some Additional Artists!
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:00 PM Post #1
@Site_Users,

Hello everyone! We are currently seeking a couple more talented and reliable artists to help us with our workload for Sylestia! If are are interested keep reading below for the list of requirements and other information! It'll be long, don't get scared!

Being an Artist for Sylestia:

Being an artist for Sylestia does not give you any account upgrades or bonuses, there are no secret artist forums or anything in that nature. There are no 'head artists', you work directly with just me. As an artist you will have access to the Sylestia Dropbox, the Dropbox has various artwork in it that might be unreleased. This means that you will have access to 'secret' things, but you must keep this strictly a secret.

I place great trust in the artists that I work with that they do not leak any information, and my trust will also be placed with you. Do not break my trust. If any artist is found to be leaking non released information we will no longer do business with you.

Being a reliable worker is a requirement, meeting deadlines are very important. Although I know things come up sometimes in real life, if you consistently disappear or are late with things we will no longer continue working with you.

Matching the art style as close as possible is important. Because we use a dynamic image builder for our avatars and pets all shading needs to be done in black and highlights in white. Keeping the PSD files neat and organized is a must due to the fact that there will be multiple people using the files. Everything needs to be labelled properly and put in the correct folders.

Requirements:

1. You must be 18+ to work with us.

2. You must sign a Work for Hire Contract for all work done for Sylestia. This contract gives us copyright ownership of the work done by you. As well as has the due date and payment information in it. We pay USD for all artwork, we do not pay in any site currency. Payment is also only sent once the work is fully completed and the contract is signed and dated by you, we do not pay ahead of time. You also can use any work that you do for us in an art portfolio, you will just need to credit Sylestia.

3. While this is not necessarily a requirement...I would greatly prefer to work with artists that are close to my time zone (EST). The reasoning for this is just frankly communication issues, being able to coordinate quickly and being on similar schedules helps immensely with getting things done in a timely manner.

4. You must have a digital art program that can open PSD files. So Photoshop, SAI etc. All art is digital, we do not use traditional art.

5. You will need a Dropbox account, this is required to quickly and efficiently transfer files between us. Dropbox is completely free and you can sign up easily at https://www.dropbox.com/

6. You will need an instant messenger program to communicate with me. I prefer Skype, but Gmail/AIM etc is fine as well.

7. You must be willing to change/fix work and be able to take constructive criticism.

Application:

If everything above sounds okay please fill out the application below and send me a PM titled "Artist Application." If you have any questions feel free to ask here or send me a PM. I will not discuss prices publicly in this thread, so if it's about that then I'd rather just have that discussion with you if we decide we're interested in working with you.

Please note that I will only reply back if I have a question or if we're interested in you working for us. Please do not ask me about your application otherwise.

Name:
Work Availability:
Previous Experience:
Work Pace (How fast you're able to complete things):
Artwork Examples (I would love if you'd like to try to mimic the art style, or even try to draw avatar clothes or genes/mutations on the bases...this isn't required though):
Your Work Interests (Avatars/Pets or Both):
Miscellaneous (anything relative you'd like to add):

Looking forward to submissions and hopefully working with some of you soon.
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:07 PM Post #2
This post has been deleted.
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:10 PM Post #3
I wish I was just a few years older and better at drawing on a computer ;^;
VampVixen
Level 61
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 57
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:35 PM Post #4
ACK I wanna do art but I DUNT KNOOOWWW T~T
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:46 PM Post #5
@Faiona,
for the examples, do you want us to draw an outfit over a base, fully draw avi and base, draw the pet with genes/mutations, or draw the g/m over a pet base?
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:54 PM Post #6
@Kinuna,

If you want to do examples like that then you would just take the current avatar base as well as the current pet bases and draw over them.
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 10:57 PM Post #7
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/3/2024 at 11:30:03am

If you want to do examples like that then you would just take the current avatar base as well as the current pet bases and draw over them.

Alright just wanted to make sure I was gonna hand in something completely un-needed like a re-drawing of a sylesti, when all I had to do was draw over the base
13thmaiden
Level 47
Threads: 8
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 11:26 PM Post #8
@Faiona

I'd like to ask first, I do have some previous examples of works from another artist interview I tried for, and I have them all loaded on my DA, will these be allowable as examples or would you prefer me to draw up some new examples to show that I can copy the style?

((Also sorry for just jumping in, I was getting ready for bed, I'm also EST XD;; ))
Edited By 6893 on 7/27/2013 at 11:30 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 11:36 PM Post #9
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/3/2024 at 11:30:03am

@Faiona

I'd like to ask first, I do have some previous examples of works from another artist interview I tried for, and I have them all loaded on my DA, will these be allowable as examples or would you prefer me to draw up some new examples to show that I can copy the style?

((Also sorry for just jumping in, I was getting ready for bed, I'm also EST XD;; ))

@13thmaiden,

Drawing new examples is optional.
13thmaiden
Level 47
Threads: 8
Posted: 7/27/2013 at 11:48 PM Post #10
Thank you! I have a dA full of my other artwork, I could easily make up something for you, but I wanted to know if what I have already would be acceptable first.

Omg, I'm so excited I have butterflies in my tummy! *giggles* I didn't even know you guys were gonna pay! I was willing to do it for free for the portfolio pumping! *jumps around like Pinkie Pie!!*
Edited By 6893 on 7/27/2013 at 11:49 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.