Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Looking For Some Additional Artists!
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
13thmaiden
Level 47
Threads: 8
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 1:54 AM Post #21
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/3/2024 at 5:10:45pm

@13thmaiden
How's Bamboo compare to Wacom? My tablet's a Wacom.
As for the fire, its even worse than losing my computer. I LOST EVERY PIECE OF ART FROM NEARLY SIX YEARS OF MY CAREER. My portfolio. The backups for the websites I had built on commission. The professional stuff I had drawn for commission. Everything I had done as a student. I had backed it up onto an external hard drive, but the drive got destroyed- it got hit with the fire extinguisher.

@Kesstreyl

*'Scream' painting face*

I would literally DIE. Omg, that scares the heck out of me!! That's like horror movie level man! T-T

As for Bamboo, Bamboo is made by Wacom, so it's pretty much just another wacom tablet. I miss my old commander or whatever it was called, some kind of generic name, but that sucker was HUGE, a 12 x 9 face! My Bamboo now is just a simple 5 x 3, but still gets the job done really well. Getting a hold of the nibs can be a pain, you usually have to order from amazon if you want them quick. I'm just a slight bit cranky with the bamboo series since for SOME reason their connector part just really sucks, the first one I got broke after falling on the floor from my lap (and I'm only 5 foot, it wasn't a far drop and onto a carpet.) and you had to hold the stupid thing just to make it connect. This second one is better, but it's still touchy at times, it randomly will disconnect because of a certain move I make or something, but usually comes right back on.

And I always put most of my good stuff on dA, just so I can keep up with it XD. Granted, the whole 'you're your own worst critic' saying hits me hard cause I have a good number of things I just rather not put up cause I don't think their good enough XD. Yet for some reason I randomly will put up MLP doodles I've done. XD
Edited By 6893 on 7/28/2013 at 1:57 AM.
Kesstreyl
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 2:05 AM Post #22
Quote From:

*'Scream' painting face*

I would literally DIE. Omg, that scares the heck out of me!! That's like horror movie level man! T-T

As for Bamboo, Bamboo is made by Wacom, so it's pretty much just another wacom tablet. I miss my old commander or whatever it was called, some kind of generic name, but that sucker was HUGE, a 12 x 9 face! My Bamboo now is just a simple 5 x 3, but still gets the job done really well. Getting a hold of the nibs can be a pain, you usually have to order from amazon if you want them quick. I'm just a slight bit cranky with the bamboo series since for SOME reason their connector part just really sucks, the first one I got broke after falling on the floor from my lap (and I'm only 5 foot, it wasn't a far drop and onto a carpet.) and you had to hold the stupid thing just to make it connect. This second one is better, but it's still touchy at times, it randomly will disconnect because of a certain move I make or something, but usually comes right back on.

And I always put most of my good stuff on dA, just so I can keep up with it XD. Granted, the whole 'you're your own worst critic' saying hits me hard cause I have a good number of things I just rather not put up cause I don't think their good enough XD. Yet for some reason I randomly will put up MLP doodles I've done. XD

From now on I'm 100% dumping everything personally owned on a backup site or something. Obviously, not anything I'm doing for pay, but still... At the time, I didn't want to put up my professional stuff, (copywrite issues, ect) or my school stuff, (teacher who would GIS and fail anyone who might have cheated by yoinking off the intarwebz)

As for tablets, what I love best about my Wacom is that the stylus switches to eraser mode if I flip it over and use the other end, just like a real pencil. So much love.
Edited By 6745 on 7/28/2013 at 2:22 AM.
13thmaiden
Level 47
Threads: 8
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 2:29 AM Post #23
Quote From:

From now on I'm 100% dumping everything personally owned on a backup site or something. Obviously, not anything I'm doing for pay, but still... At the time, I didn't want to put up my professional stuff, (copywrite issues, ect) or my school stuff, (teacher who would GIS and fail anyone who might have cheated by yoinking off the intarwebz)

As for tablets, what I love best about my Wacom is that the stylus switches to eraser mode if I flip it over and use the other end, just like a real pencil. So much love.

Good. And my teachers actually knew about dA and demanded that we give them our dA websites if we planned to put up our school work. Since I love using the interwebz for inspiration and when I actually PHOTOGRAPHED some of my traditional work, I had to give my dA up to all my professors XD

And man D: That's cool, mine doesn't do that XD
Kesstreyl
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 3:00 AM Post #24
Quote From:

And man D: That's cool, mine doesn't do that XD

Yeah, it's awesome. And the stylus has buttons on the side for right-and left-clicking, so you really don't need a mouse at all. It's one of the dinky ones though, 5x4. I still love it, though. After my computer died I had to do all of my homework in a traditional art form and it was a paiiiin. Are you familiar with Mercedes Lackey's book White Gryphon? I drew a 30x20 inch ink lineart of the city of White Gryphon for an illustration class. With a DIP PEN. I was ready to stab myself in the eyeballs by the time I was done.
Edited By 6745 on 7/28/2013 at 3:00 AM.
Katherineac
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 98
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 9:02 AM Post #25
I hope you find some great artists! This is not my forte.
Nataku
Level 52
Threads: 15
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 9:24 AM Post #26
Love the idea hope you find awesome people. Not for me though I think there's a rule in my country's law against my receiving money from work for non European companies. It's weird I know.
Mayanightstar
Level 49
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 10:59 AM Post #27
5 more months darnit! I want to be 18 already!
Leen
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 31
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 11:08 AM Post #28
Let's see if I'll apply later when I'm back from vacation xD
Daeli
Level 54
Threads: 3
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 11:13 AM Post #29
Oh man, I'm only a year under or I would have totally applied!
Katasaur
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 42
Posted: 7/28/2013 at 11:46 AM Post #30
@Faiona,
Is there a deadline for applications?
I'm not sure I'm going to apply or not but I just wanted to know how long I had to decide.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.