Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Threads: 73
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:40 PM Post #23
Inspired by song #16.
Secret word: potatoes
Main Character: Jenna (Jenny)

It was a bright, sunny evening along the docks, as a eleven year old girl, with dirty blonde hair (it was literally full of dirt),and boys clothes that were worn and old, skipped down a wooden dock. Piles of rope, crates and barrels were along the edge of the dock, and sailors milled about.
Jenna stopped skipping when she came to a large plank of wood set and tied against a ship. On the side of the ship was the name THE DWELLER. Jenna skipped up the plank of wood, swerving under a sailor, carrying a large crate. She jumped up, onto the ship, and a salty, gust of wind hit her. Men ran around, yelling, at each other, hauling crates, barrels, chests, and animals around.

"Jenny!" came a call.

Jenna turned a saw an older sailor walking toward her.

"Papa!" Jenna smiled as he stood beside her.

"I've been looking for you, I have. Saw you had disappeared right out from under me." Caul shook his finger at his daughter.

Jenna smiled again. "I just wanted to explore, Papa. I have never been to Grayfa before."

Caul smiled too. "Yes well, you need to stay around, we shall be leaving soon."

Caul turned and started walking. Jenna quickly followed. "What are we hauling this time, Papa?"

Caul grinned. "Animals this time."

"Yes! Finally!" Jenna bounced around. "I wish we did that every time."

"If we did, this ship would smell of death after a while...." Caul scrunched his face up. "Well, I've got to go load, but stay around close enough you can hear the calls, got it?"

"Yes, Sir!" Jenna scrambled back down the wooden plank, and raced along the dock. She entered the city of Grayfa, and into the market. There were many people, and it was very loud.
As Jenna walked along, she saw a young boy, filthy, his clothes barely rags, sneak up to a fruit stall, and grab a apple, and run away into a alley. Jenna quickly followed, and saw the boy duck down behind some barrels. She peeked around the barrels, and saw the boy gobble the apple. Jenna came out from behind the barrels.

"I saw what you did."

The boy jumped up, a frightened look on his face.

"You stole that apple." she pointed to it.

The boy quickly hid it behind his back. "What apple? I would never steal anything." he said, though it was hard for him to talk with all the apple in his mouth.

Jenna lifted a eyebrow, and narrowed her eyes. "Yes you did, I saw. Should I go tell some lawmen?"

The boy's eyes widened even more. He looked around. "Please don't, I promise I won't do it again!"

"You promise?"

"Yes! But at least can I finish it?"

"I guess. My name is Jenna, what about you?"

The boy munched on the apple. "Theifslayer!"

"What? That isn't even your real name!" Jenna exclaimed.

"Aw, fine. It's Finn." the boy said.

"Nice to meet you Finn."

Finn looked her up and down. "You don't live around here, do you? I swear I know all the kids in this city. Plus, you're dressed to nicely. Why are you wearing boys clothes when you're a girl?"

"No, I don't live around here, I came on a ship with my Pop. We live on the ship, me and my Pop, so these clothes are the best ones, anyways, I would never want to wear a dress." Jenna folded her arms.

"I never been on a ship before, let alone live on one. What's it like?" Finn was almost done with his apple.

"Oh, it's great. Sometimes you see whales, or dolphins. Everyone is like a big family. But I am the only kid and the only girl on it. Sometimes some other woman come on, but they leave at the next city or town we stop at. There haven't been any woman on in a while." Jenna said. "Would you like to see my ship?"

Finn threw his apple core away. "Sure, I guess. How old are you?" he asked as they started walking.

"Eleven.. what about you?"

"I think I am about ten or eleven, I ain't sure." Finn pushed his hands in his pockets.

"Do you have any parents?"

"No... they died when I was young, and I won't live in no orphanage, so I just went to the streets."

"Oh. Well, my Ma died when I was born.... so it has only been my Pop and me this whole time." Jenna said.

They walked on the dock in silence until they came to the wooden plank. "Here it is, come on."

Jenna ran up the plank, and Finn followed. They climbed up rope and onto the mast.

"Wow! You can see you miles up here!" Finn exclaimed.

"Yes, I know. And when it's night, it is even better!" Jenna smiled. It fun to finally have someone to talk to that was her age.

"Set sail everyone! We're leaving this rock pile!" the captain shouted.

Sailors rushed about. The wooden plank was pulled up, onto the ship, and so was the anchor. The sails were loosened and they fell down, the wind picking them up right away, moving the ship away from the dock.

"Oh no!" Jenna gasp, "we're leaving! Quick, climb down!"

Finn practically jumped down and raced to the edge of the ship, Jenna right behind him.

"Jump in the water and swim back!" Jenna cried.

"I can't swim!" Finn cried back.

The city started getting smaller as they watch it.

"Jenny!" came the familiar call.

"Quick hide! It's my Pop!" Jenna shrieked.

Finn ducked down behind two barrels as Caul spotted Jenna.

"Oh good, you've made it on." Caul turned toward the sea. "We've got a good wind!"

"Uh, Papa.... were are we headed this time?" Jenna asked.

"Kuman. A few days journey from here." Caul started to leave. "Behave yourself."

When he was out of sight, Jenna called to Finn. "Okay, he is gone."

When Finn came out, he had a frightened frown.

"This is your fault that I am stuck here!" he folded his arms.

"My fault? You're the one who can't swim! Everyone can swim!" Jenna frowned also.

"I never had to learn..."

"Well, you'll just have to wait a few days then get off at Kuman." Jenna placed her hands on the edge of the ship.

"But I don't live in Kuman. I live in Grayfa!"

"well, we might as well make the best out of it. Come on, I'll show you around."

Finn followed Jenna around as she showed him the captains quarters, the hold where the animals were, then the second deck where the kitchen was , and all the bunks that were twice as long as her.

"I guess you can sleep on that end of my bunk, and I will sleep on the other." Jenna pointed.

That night, after supper, Finn and Jenna went to the bunks. Their feet didn't even touch when they lay down.

Chapter 2

The next morning, Jenna woke. Most of the sailors were gone, out of their bunks. Finn was still asleep, so Jenna went out onto the deck, and climbed the lookout. There was no one up their yet, and Jenna breathed in a deep breath of cold, salt air. Seagulls flew around them, squawking. Jenna climbed back down, and went to get some breakfast. When she was done, she went and checked on Finn, who had just woken up.

He yawned. "I am hungry, got any food?"

"Yes, but first you need a change of clothes." Jenna said.

Finn looked down at the rags he was wearing. "I guess anything is better then what I am wearing."

Jenna dug out a pair of clothes from her small chest under her bunk. She handed them to Finn. "When you are done changing you can come up to eat."

Jenna climbed up the ladder, and went up to the wheel. A sailor, Harvey, was standing at it.

"Good morning, Jenny." he said.

"Good morning, Harvey. Have you seen any whales?"

"Not a one. But the route, we aught to see at least one." he turned the wheel a inch.

"Will we harp it?"

"It best depends on the mood these sailors are in. You can get good money selling whale parts." Harvey replied.

Jenna spotted Finn climb up onto the deck, and ran down to him. She stopped in front of him, and looked him over.

"You look like a little sailor!" she laughed.

"I would rather be a pirate." Finn said.

"We kill pirates, you know." Jenna handed him some breakfast.

"If you could even kill me. I would be the best pirate there ever was!" Finn gulped down the food.

A sailor walked past and looked Finn over. "Who is your friend, Jenny?"

"Oh, uh, just a kid, that uh, is on till Kuman...." Jenna replied with a shaky laugh.

The sailor narrowed his eyes, but left, mumbling, "Captain lets too many kids on this ship."

Suddenly Caul was standing beside her. "Morning Jenny." he eyed Finn.

"Papa! Oh, I didn't see you there!"

"And who might you be?" Caul asked Finn.

"I, uh, am, uh...."

"Jenny, we dont take stowaways, you know." Caul looked down at her.

"He is on just till Kuman!" Jenna said.

"You better not take anymore kids on here, Jenny. At least not without asking the Captain. We both could get in trouble!"

"Ok, Papa."

After Caul left, Jenna thought of something. "How about I teach you how to swim?"

"What?" Finn asked.

After a few minutes, there was a rope tied around Finn's waist and they were standing at the edge of the ship.

"This is a really bad idea." Finn gulped.

"Dont worry. I'll just haul you up after a while. Now, remember what I told you?" Jenna smiled.

"Yeah, but I still think-"

"Just get on the edge!"

Finn climbed up onto the edge of the ship. Jenna had the rope wrapped lightly around a wooden beam.

"Okay, go!"

Finn let himself down until all his weight was on the rope. Jenna held the rope so he was gently lowered toward the water. When his body was in the water, he screamed, and Jenna stopped lowing. She went over to the edge to watch.
The water dragged him down, so he paddled like Jenna had said. Panic was rushing all over him as he pushed up out of the water. He paddled and realized he wasn't dead.
They did this for a long time, till Finn was a fairly good swimmer.
The next morning, the skies were dark, and the day threatened of rain.

Jenna and Finn stood beside Caul as he looked up. "Seems to be a storm coming."

Jenna turned to Finn. "Your first storm!"

But Finn looked uncertain. "Whenever there was storms in the city, I always hide somewhere."

"I have been in many storms, and none have sunk this ship, as you can see, so we will be fine!" Jenna replied.

"Okay, if you say so, Mrs.Weather Expert." Finn smirked.

In a few minutes, the storm was apon them. The rain came so fast Jenna and Finn couldn't even make it into the ship. They were soaked in seconds, and the wind made the waves huge, rocking the ship. Jenna and Finn were thrown around the deck, and they heard a sailor yell,

"We've been thrown off course!"

Then there was a loud creak, and Jenna and Finn were thrown from the ship. When Finn landed in the water, he kicked and paddled up the surface, wacking his head on a plank of wood. He grabbed it and held on with all his might.
Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:41 PM Post #24
Jenna opened her eyes, but quickly closed them again when sun blinded her. She was wet, and felt dirty. Jenna pushed herself up to her knees, and opened her eyes again. The first thing she saw was sand. Wait, sand? Jenna quickly stood, and looked at the ocean, then turned. There was beach, then palm trees. A forest. Jenna looked around wildly. A island, she was on the island! Then she saw him. Finn was laying on his belly on the beach a little ways from her, small waves washing up on his. Jenna ran toward him.

"Finn!" she called. But her voice was hoarse from all the salt water she had swallowed.

She slid to her knees beside him, and rolled him over. "Finn!"

His eyes opened to slits, and then he started choking on salt water. He turned over and leaned on his elbow, coughing up water. When he was done, he looked up at Jenna, then to their surroundings.

"Wha-? Where are we, where's the ship?" he croaked.

"Umm... remember, the storm last night? We got thrown off the ship. I guess we washed up on a island." Jenna looked back to the trees. "I am guessing one that no one lives on, or knows of."

Jenna helped Finn stand, and they stared at the forest.

"Ugh! This is all your fault!" Finn cried, "If you hadn't taken me on that ship, none of this would have happened!"

"Are you seriously blaming me again? You're the one who came on the ship with me, willingly!" Jenna glared at him.

Finn glared back, then started along the beach. Jenna followed, but more slowly. "We should find a place to make camp..." Jenna looked at the sky, "though it seems to be getting noon."

When Jenna turned and started toward the trees, Finn followed, kicking the sand. "This has always been a nightmare for me," Finn said, "that's why I've never gone on a ship."

"You were just curious," Jenna replied, "I would be, too. We just need to look on the bright side: we're alive.... and I know how to catch fish and gut them..."

"Or how we'll never see another human being again." Finn muttered.

Jenna frowned. What about her Papa? What had happened to him? Would she ever see him again? Jenna sighed as Finn took the lead into the jungle. They saw no signs of life, not even a bird. But Jenna spotted a mango tree, and climbed it. She dropped four down to Finn, and they kept going.

"We need to find fresh water.... near a cave, and a mango tree." Jenna said, mostly to herself.

"Seriously? We're not going to find a place with everything we need right together, that's for sure." Finn frowned even more.

Then, Jenna heard a whoomp, and Finn fell to the ground. Then another whoomp, and something stung on the back of her kneck, then everything was black.

Chapter 3

Finn coughed. His head throbbed. He opened his eyes, but everything was blurry. A dark figure leaned over him, trying to push something in his mouth. Finn's eyes grew wide and he jumped back, and screamed.
Jenna jolted awake when a scream pierced the air. She looked around in panic. She saw Finn, and someone else.

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you..." the figure said.

"Where are we? Who are you?" Jenna asked, looking around.

They were in a dark room, but sunlight flittered threw a open window. That was all the light there was.

"My name is Jessie, and you are on Kimback Island." the figure moved into the light, revealing a young woman, with red hair. She was dressed similarly like Jenna and Finn, but she had a hat.

"Oh, thank God." Finn sighed.

"Were you ship wrecked here, too?" Jenna asked.

"No." Jessie replied, "I, well, sorta live here."

"So you have a ship?!" Jenna gasp.

"Sorta."

"Is that all you say?" Finn frowned.

"The ship is not mine, it is the Captains. Captain BlueHook." Jessie explained.

"Wait. Are you a pirate?" Jenna asked, moving backward, away from Jessie.

Just then, there was some sounds outside, and the door bust open.
Edited By Pixelfairy on 6/26/2017 at 1:24 PM.
Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:43 PM Post #25
Five large men came into the small room.

The first one, the largest turned to Jessie. "Come on, Jess, we're gonna lea-" then he saw Jenna and Finn. "What's this?" he growled.

"They got tossed out of their ship in last nights storm, Gim. Washed up here." Jessie explained.

Gim lifted a eyebrow. "We don't have time for little kids. We're gonna leave, now come on!"

"But Gim! We can't just leave them here. They could be handy!" Jessie looked to the men behind Gim. "Wouldn't you like to have someone else swab the deck, or help the cook with the dishes?"

They all nodded, and one wacked Gim on the shoulder. "I'm sure Captain wouldn't mind."

Gim sighed. "Fine, but hurry."

When they left, Jessie turned back to Jenna and Finn. "What are your names?"

"I'm Finn, and thats Jenna."

"What did you shoot us with?" Jenna asked.

Jessie pulled a long wooden pole from behind her. It was hollow all threw the middle. She held a dart in her other hand. "This. I made it a while ago." she then took two small cups and handed one to each child. "Drink this and your headaches will leave."

Jenna and Finn gulped down the green liquid, and stood up with Jessie. "Sorry about the swabbing the deck and doing dishes. But it was either that or be thrown down a ditch to die."

Jenna glanced at Finn.

"Come on, we best not be late." Jessie left the room with Jenna and Finn behind her.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Edited By Pixelfairy on 6/26/2017 at 1:52 PM.
Typhix
Level 61
The Artistic
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:43 PM Post #26
"And that kids, is how Jet Jenny and Kill Finn became. The greatest pirates in all history!"

Two small children looked up at their grandfather in awe.

"Grandfather!" the young girl squealed. "Did Jenny ever see her Papa again?"

The grandfather smiled. "That, I don't know."

"I could become a pirate then, if they did!" the young boy exclaimed. "I just need to find that island."

The grandfather laughed. "Maybe."

The End.
Edited By Pixelfairy on 6/26/2017 at 1:52 PM.
Wildland
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 23
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 3:52 PM Post #27
*Reserving my post. I'll randomly select number 7, my lucky number.*
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 5:21 PM Post #28
fine
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 5:21 PM Post #29
please actually listen through all the songs
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 6/25/2017 at 5:23 PM Post #30
Just an update do NOT randomly pick songs, that is not part of the rules, please go through them in order
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.