Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Adjustments to Earth Element and Modifie...
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1
In lieu of much testing that we've been doing, we have decided to make some adjustments to the Earth Element in order to make it a little better for Levels 0-64.

The following changes will be made here over the course of the next hour or so. So if some wonky stuff goes on with your Earth pets, don't worry - it's just because of the changes being made and it should all be fine once I'm finished.

-Leeching Strike will now be the Tier 1 Ability. It will basically function the same, but its base debuff chance will be reduced to 25%.

-Thorncoat will now be the Tier 2 Ability. It will basically function exactly the same.

-Mocking Blow will now be the Tier 3 Ability. At Rank 5, it will gain a debuff that reduces the damage enemies will deal. This will make it the better Taunt to use over Leeching Strike's Taunt.

-Sneering Howl will also now gain the same debuff at Rank 5 for the same reasons.

In addition to the changes to the Earth Element, we will also be changing how high level Modifiers work. As it is now, Mitigation and Avoidance cap at 80%. We are going to change the following:

-Mitigation and Avoidance will now have hard caps at 70% from Stats. This will include bonuses from Levels, Equipment, and Proficiencies.

-During Battles, Mitigation and Avoidance can increase up to 90% from in-battle Buffs and Debuffs. This will also include the use of Block. This will give an innate advantage to Elements that provide buffs to these Stats. This is now also 10% higher than what the current cap is.

On a last note, I added a few new shinies to the Region 3 Explore Window. These were things that have been added to the MegaZone and I just decided to carry them over into the current Explore Window as well.

Added Ability Proficiency Information to Ability Tooltips. Remember though, Proficiency will not unlock until the MegaZone releases.

Abilities on Cooldown will now display as such:

And lastly, updated the Battle Summary section:

YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 82
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:29 PM Post #2
I love this, its so neat. TuT
Snowcrystal
Level 61
Threads: 175
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:30 PM Post #3
wow cool!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:36 PM Post #4
Kinda wanted to just battle without having to worry about buffing, when to buff, when to block...its a bit...overwhelming for me. That's something I worry about more in MMO's not browser games...but...Ill give earth a shot, next time I play with it. I had to switch to shadow, and like shadow better.

-Mitigation and Avoidance will now have hard caps at 70% from Stats. This will include bonuses from Levels, Equipment, and Proficiencies.
Not sure about this. Especially with having to worry about buffs, blocking, etc. Is Mega Zone really going to be this hard to go thru? I can understand the end if there is one, it'll be difficult...but on the way?

And with all this going on, Future fest bosses, do you intend to make them even more harder than they were previously?

I might have to start making notes for future specific battles.

Vampiric strike looks heavenly. I noticed some of the skilles going red meaning CD, in some of the other areas, that is a really nice feature.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:41 PM Post #5
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45848&page=1#4
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:36 PM
Kinda wanted to just battle without having to worry about buffing, when to buff, when to block...its a bit...overwhelming for me. That's something I worry about more in MMO's not browser games...but...Ill give earth a shot, next time I play with it. I had to switch to shadow, and like shadow better.

Not sure about this. Especially with having to worry about buffs, blocking, etc. Is Mega Zone really going to be this hard to go thru? I can understand the end if there is one, it'll be difficult...but on the way?

And with all this going on, Future fest bosses, do you intend to make them even more harder than they were previously?

I might have to start making notes for future specific battles.

Vampiric strike looks heavenly. I noticed some of the skilles going red meaning CD, in some of the other areas, that is a really nice feature.

MegaZone uses a whole, massive spectrum for difficulty.

Sure, at Lvl 60 with non MZ gear on Day 1... will everyone be able to run around killing everything and downing the Named? Nope. Will some? I'm sure.

However, you will have so so so so many ways to improve your Party. Being more skilled or more willing to take every advantage in battle will make it easier and quicker to progress - but for those who don't battle that way... you definitely can still progress. You just will probably first focus on getting your Party to Level 65. Once at Level 65, the first section shouldn't be too hard and by then you'll have at least the basic MZ Equipment.

You'll also, by this point, probably have unlocked additional ways to progress and more things to do. May some Named still be too hard for you at this point? Maybe. But you can still rank up Ability Proficiencies, get better gear, etc.

As you're still improving your Party, Level 70 will unlock and a new section will be available with more stuff to do.

Etc, etc, etc.

So for those not super battle focused, you can still do everything eventually and you can do it at your own pace. It just may take you a bit longer to get to that point.
Edited By Krinadon on 4/23/2017 at 5:43 PM.
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:43 PM Post #6
The new display features are nice details and will make at least me more informed in battle, especially the ability cool down!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:47 PM Post #7
Talk about having a whoooole lot to do when it opens....my focus was initially going after the new pets first, leveling later/during...the breeding is fun, but battling for gold is also my weakness xD I'm also trying not to look at the rest of the skills before-hand, and keep myself surprised for when I do actually go for leveling...

Kind of forgot about the whole level cap raised :D
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:49 PM Post #8
These updates make sense. I really like the addition of the Leeching Vines debuff to Earth's ability 1, though I'll miss the 100% chance of Taunt. ;w; I can't complain though. It did feel a little bit too easy to avoid the dungeon boss's mana drain like that xD I'll have to experiment with my dungeon team to see the differences in action.

I can't wait to be able to increase the abilities' rank! Definitely looking forward to exploring the MZ and testing out those awesome looking abilities.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:51 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45848&page=1#7
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:47 PM
Talk about having a whoooole lot to do when it opens....my focus was initially going after the new pets first, leveling later/during...the breeding is fun, but battling for gold is also my weakness xD I'm also trying not to look at the rest of the skills before-hand, and keep myself surprised for when I do actually go for leveling...

Kind of forgot about the whole level cap raised :D

Because of the mechanics of the MegaZone and how it works and progresses, wild Sylesties will be quite rare in the beginning. Also, in the beginning, you can pretty much work towards all goals at the same time. You won't really have the ability to focus on certain things.

However, as you progress through the MZ, more will become unlocked and you can begin to kind of focus on things you want to focus on.

The reason Sylesties will be rare at the start is because there are multiple ways to make them more common as you progress through the MZ. If they weren't rare to start, there'd be no progression available.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:54 PM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45848&page=1#8
Author: Rixva
Time Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:49 PM
These updates make sense. I really like the addition of the Leeching Vines debuff to Earth's ability 1, though I'll miss the 100% chance of Taunt. ;w; I can't complain though. It did feel a little bit too easy to avoid the dungeon boss's mana drain like that xD I'll have to experiment with my dungeon team to see the differences in action.

I can't wait to be able to increase the abilities' rank! Definitely looking forward to exploring the MZ and testing out those awesome looking abilities.

Yea. unfortunately, pre Lvl 65, Earth can only have 2 of 3 things: Healing, Mitigation, and Taunting. The way it was, Earth was really weak in the MegaZone. Yea, they could taunt, but they were huge sponges because they couldn't mitigate damage and healed worse than Shadow. They really brought nothing to the Party beyond just holding threat... but then they'd die or soak elixirs doing so.

I think this change makes them a lot more useful and then once they hit 65, they'll have no problem keeping things Taunted and will only improve as they keep leveling up.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.