Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Adjustments to Earth Element and Modifie...
Page 2 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Amarok
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 6:01 PM Post #11
Oh wow, I love seeing the exact CD number of turns left. Its so much easier than having to mouse over the ability every time. Thanks Krin! Didn't even know I needed this lol.
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 6:11 PM Post #12
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45848&page=1#10
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 4/23/2017 at 5:54 PM
[quote=826952]

Yea. unfortunately, pre Lvl 65, Earth can only have 2 of 3 things: Healing, Mitigation, and Taunting. The way it was, Earth was really weak in the MegaZone. Yea, they could taunt, but they were huge sponges because they couldn't mitigate damage and healed worse than Shadow. They really brought nothing to the Party beyond just holding threat... but then they'd die or soak elixirs doing so.

I think this change makes them a lot more useful and then once they hit 65, they'll have no problem keeping things Taunted and will only improve as they keep leveling up.

That sounds totally reasonable. I can see how their previous setup would have been lacking at higher levels. I think the updates you've done make for a smoother progression too; it makes complete sense to have the health drain and mitigation come before the big taunting debuffs. I think the Leeching Vines on ability 1 will be more useful for anyone starting at level 0 too, since a little health regained at that level can make a lot of difference.

Thanks for all the consideration that's gone into this ^-^ Really pumped for what's still to come.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 6:20 PM Post #13
Oh boy, we are gonna all be one confused mess the first few days xDD In that case, I outta buy more traps..wild sylestis...harder to find....oooh.

Just out of sheer curiosity, will there ever be a way to 'reset' progress? at least individually? In case one does make it to the 'end' and wants a refresher, or if someone gets stuck in the middle...say they took a few months break, and can't remember where they were or what they were doing?

I definitely came to sylestia to play with pets, and I hope it doesn't stray too far from that, I do know that there will be a ton of stuff to do but for a lot of folks, pets are definitely a hit. Either breeding, or collecting. All in all, am getting excited. It'll take time getting used to the changes- I hope there will be at least a week advanced notice, so I could start planning a party here at home. xD
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 6:34 PM Post #14
This is a relieving thing. I always found it hard to use my Earth Attuned pets, but developed some of my Sylesti that way just in case of a mechanics shift or if I wanted to use a two tank system in cases where the boss had flunkies to keep some of the heat off my main tank. With them able to heal a bit more now, I might be able to use them as normal tanks as well.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 6:36 PM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45848&page=2#13
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 4/23/2017 at 6:20 PM
Oh boy, we are gonna all be one confused mess the first few days xDD In that case, I outta buy more traps..wild sylestis...harder to find....oooh.

Just out of sheer curiosity, will there ever be a way to 'reset' progress? at least individually? In case one does make it to the 'end' and wants a refresher, or if someone gets stuck in the middle...say they took a few months break, and can't remember where they were or what they were doing?

I definitely came to sylestia to play with pets, and I hope it doesn't stray too far from that, I do know that there will be a ton of stuff to do but for a lot of folks, pets are definitely a hit. Either breeding, or collecting. All in all, am getting excited. It'll take time getting used to the changes- I hope there will be at least a week advanced notice, so I could start planning a party here at home. xD

Current Traps and Consumables won't work in the MegaZone.

When the MZ releases, MZ specific Traps and Consumables will become available in the Ethernia Market and higher tier ones will be available from the MZ itself.

For resetting progress... there may be someday for storyline stuff in some fashion. But not with how things work atm. Would be virtually impossible to implement that without me going insane.

For the MZ specifically, no, there won't be a way to reset it.

And as far as pet stuff, there will be a lot of it in the MZ. New Themed. New rare Themed. New species. I'm sure new Traits. Also, Rare/Themed Pets from the MZ will come with higher base stats.

And of course, there will be tons of ways to advance and progress pets themselves between levels, proficiencies, equipment, and other ways.
Edited By Krinadon on 4/23/2017 at 6:36 PM.
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 8:01 PM Post #16
Well, I'll definitely be messing with this for a bit, seeing as my only battle team uses an Earth tank C:
I like the edit of Leeching Strike being the first ability for Earths, since as you said, our healing is effectively zip.
Silkalivedoll
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/23/2017 at 11:32 PM Post #17
I keep hoping that the higher-difficulty missions will get retuned; I'm not used to having to put equipment on pets that are strictly sent out on missions. ^.^;
Galaxis
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 6:54 AM Post #18
So Earth had 100% taunted and now only 25%? D:
Thorncoat is in my opinion much better than the previous skill but with only 25% for taunted it has much less impact.
I'm using Earth especially because enemies try to attack only my tank and I can eventually use potions only on him, now it's not that "special" anymore :(
I understand that above lvl 60 it will be different. I'm just speaking as it is for now.
Edited By Galaxis on 4/24/2017 at 6:56 AM.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 11:15 AM Post #19
Very useful update to the System. Do you know when the MZ will be ready. Or at least the time frame for release. This summer/winter ? Just curious... and excited, of course I think everyone is excited at this point. :D
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 12:02 PM Post #20
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45848&page=2#19
Author: Galaxea
Time Posted: 4/24/2017 at 11:15 AM
Very useful update to the System. Do you know when the MZ will be ready. Or at least the time frame for release. This summer/winter ? Just curious... and excited, of course I think everyone is excited at this point. :D

I am trying really hard to have it ready by Summer.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.