Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Easter Event - Create a Sylestia Ea...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 4/15/2017 at 4:17 AM Post #1
Create a Sylestia Easter Egg

In celebration of the Easter holiday, we have decided to hold this contest now rather than randomly in the middle of May.

The object of this game is to create a Sylestia Themed Easter Egg. Please read the rules carefully before creating your egg.

Rules

1. Design a Sylestia Themed Easter Egg using real life arts and crafts. Any types of materials, including edible materials, may be used as long as your finished item is Sylestia themed and resembles an Easter Egg.

2. You must provide at least 3 progress pictures of the creation of your Easter Egg. Each picture must include your Sylestia Username and the Date. You must upload your pictures to an image uploading site, such as http://imgur.com. Failing to follow this rule will automatically disqualify your entry.

A Player Guide on How to Upload Images

3. You must submit your own entry. You cannot share an entry with other Players.

4. You must submit your entry by 11:59pm on Sunday, April 23rd.

5. No reserving your post! Only post when you have a submission or if you have a question. Thank you.

Prizes

There will be at least 3 prizes awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers. All entries will be judged and the winners will be selected by the Admins.

Additionally, all Participants will be eligible for at least one prize.

Example

Here is an example of a winning entry from a previous contest:

Have fun and enjoy!

Winners

Here are the winners for this year's Sylestia Easter Egg Design Contest!

We were really blown away by how many amazing entries there were this year, especially with the limited amount of time available. It was really hard to distinguish 'winners' so we ended up with a lot of selected entries lol. Thank you to everyone who participated. The submissions just get better and better every year!

1st Place Winners

Prizes: 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Amulet of Youthful Illusions] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3, [Oopsie Egg 1-9] x3

GoldGryphon

2nd Place Winners

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Amulet of Youthful Illusions] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x2, [Oopsie Egg 1-9] x2

Dryad

Kalores

KyoKai

Lostwords13

3rd Place Winners

Prizes: 250 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Amulet of Youthful Illusions] x1, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1, [Oopsie Egg 1-9] x1

Dragoil

Heilix

Katelynn4545

Savynn

Honorable Mentions

Prizes: [Amulet of Youthful Illusions] x1, [Oopsie Egg 1-9] x1

Deidriel

Elleshie

Theafy

Rixva

Varyntha

All Participants

Prizes: [Easter Egg 1-9] x1, [Oopsie Egg 1-9] x1

Again, thank you to everyone who participated. I hope these prizes are worthy of your efforts!
Edited By Krinadon on 4/30/2017 at 3:19 AM.
Dryad
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 4/15/2017 at 2:36 PM Post #2
This is great! A few questions:
I was wondering if you're able to use things that are modified (For example, a figurine that's been altered to resemble a pet) as props, to go along with your created eggs, or do you have to create everything, props included, from scratch?

Can you submit a collage of pictures?

Can you make minor edits to your final picture? (Adjust lightening, tweak the colors slightly, etc)
Edited By Dryad on 4/15/2017 at 2:56 PM.
Koii
Level 62
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 46
Posted: 4/15/2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3
Here we go!
The beginning egg.

Dyeing it

PEN TIME!

Finished product.

All of my eggs are hatching!

(update: mom was going to eat one)
Edited By Koii on 4/16/2017 at 7:40 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 2:14 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45497&page=1#2
Author: Dryad
Time Posted: 4/15/2017 at 2:36 PM
This is great! A few questions:
I was wondering if you're able to use things that are modified (For example, a figurine that's been altered to resemble a pet) as props, to go along with your created eggs, or do you have to create everything, props included, from scratch?

Can you submit a collage of pictures?

Can you make minor edits to your final picture? (Adjust lightening, tweak the colors slightly, etc)

You can use outside things, I'd say. But you'd probably "lose points" if you literally just take things you own/bought and stick it into the submission. I imagine we'd be able to tell and won't give it as much credit versus having created something on your own.

You can dress up your final picture I guess? But you should offer the non-edited version of the same picture as well. If something looks super photoshopped and that's your only picture of it, we probably won't take the entry at face value.
Dryad
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 11:34 AM Post #5
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45497&page=1#4
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 4/16/2017 at 2:14 AM
[quote=820304]

You can use outside things, I'd say. But you'd probably "lose points" if you literally just take things you own/bought and stick it into the submission. I imagine we'd be able to tell and won't give it as much credit versus having created something on your own.

You can dress up your final picture I guess? But you should offer the non-edited version of the same picture as well. If something looks super photoshopped and that's your only picture of it, we probably won't take the entry at face value.

Thanks for clarifying!
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 7:23 PM Post #6
I don't know if these photos came out great because they looked kind of grainy to me, but I wasn't looking at them at full size so that may have caused it. You can click the image to go to the image in my Photobucket where you can click the magnifying glass icon to see the image full size. Photobucket was very nice to me for half of these images so I got them up fairly quickly, hooray! ^D^

A sweet little Easter Aeridini with an Easter Eggling! ^_^
Silverkitsu
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 143
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 7:27 PM Post #7
Wow, there are so few entries! I had better add one :)

The one on the left is an aeridini egg, the one in the middle is a griffi egg, and the thrid is a ryori egg.

edit: I thought it was worth mentioning that my time zone is significantly ahead of Sylestia time so the date I've written won't match the date I post this.
Edited By Wavypavy on 4/16/2017 at 7:29 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 10:43 PM Post #8
Okay, so I have a plan in mind but I'm not sure whether it would count as "using outside materials"

The idea is to "paint" a chocolate bunny to be sylestia theamed. Hopefully I will be able to make it entirely from scratch however, what if I were to use a chocolate bunny that I bought from a store as my base?
I am obviously not going into that much detail because I don't want to risk someone taking my idea and posting it before I do.

(PS: my entry includes eggs as well but those are already complete.)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 10:50 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45497&page=1#8
Author: Deidriel
Time Posted: 4/16/2017 at 10:43 PM
Okay, so I have a plan in mind but I'm not sure whether it would count as "using outside materials"

The idea is to "paint" a chocolate bunny to be sylestia theamed. Hopefully I will be able to make it entirely from scratch however, what if I were to use a chocolate bunny that I bought from a store as my base?
I am obviously not going into that much detail because I don't want to risk someone taking my idea and posting it before I do.

(PS: my entry includes eggs as well but those are already complete.)

As long as you 'create' a Sylestia Themed "Easter Egg" and provide at least 3 progress pictures, it will count for participation.

Effort counts for a lot. If it looks like you actually put forth effort to make something, you're fine.

If it looks like you just bought things, put them together and said you created something, maybe not so much. =P

So, yea, you can use things as a base, sure. But you should still try to 'create' something,
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/16/2017 at 10:54 PM Post #10
That was the plan, but its always good to ask just to be sure!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.