Players 2,428 405
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,232,914 1,434
Generated 655,906 93
Captured 1,189,720 106
Bred 6,387,196 1,235
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2017 Easter Event - Create a Sylestia Ea...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 9:34 AM Post #21
I had no idea techniques like this existed, maybe I'll try them out sometime. A bit of a tip, if you want to be able to keep these beautiful pieces of art try blowing out the eggs first. They are pretty fragile when empty and they float while dyeing but it is totally worth the effort.
Dryad
Level 60
Threads: 2
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 3:17 PM Post #22
Hey folks! This is my submission for the event! I'm an amateur artist, so this was definitely up my alley! Sorry for the state of my desk also, lol I know it's kind of a war zone!

The first few pics I forgot to add my user info, so I know they probably won't count. But I figured I'd include them regardless for progressions sake!

I collected materials that I had on hand, and organic flora from around my yard and began by making a nest!

Eek! I accidentally collected a little too much, it seems! That's okay, occupational hazard! Spider bro was humanely released back outside, thanks to my heroic husband!

I proceeded to hot glue twigs to the bottom of my nest, and secured the loose twine as well. I then proceeded to line the interior of the nest with preserved moss, making sure it'd be nice and cushy for my little eggling!

Huzzah! I remembered to start adding my user information! Lol, after my nest was completed, I used paper clay and rolled out the base shape for my little eggling! At this point, I left it overnight to dry. I rotated it in the morning to make sure both ends were dried thoroughly.

After letting my eggling dry for a few days, it was time to smooth him out! I got my dremel tool, safety goggles, and respirator (Safely first! Accidents really do happen, and hurt.), and proceeded to sand out the bumps and indention's. That was followed by some hand sanding (Not shown), in 400 grit and then 600 grit to make sure he was nice and smooth!

Finally! The fun parts! After sanding, I custom mixed 2 colors, in brown and green shades, and painted the base on, followed by dotting green. It didn't look quite speckled enough, so I diluted my green and used the tried and true 'freckle' method of splattering some more speckles on! Once it was dried, my eggling was complete!

The next day, I began making a tiny blanket for my little guy with a piece of blue flannel and sewed the edges to make sure his blankey didn't fray!

With all of the prep work done, it was time to tend the little guy! He sure was fussy, and demanded quite a bit of attention. First he was cold, then he was hot! Then he was restless and then dull! Whew! Hopefully he'll gestate comfortably, though!

I hope you've enjoyed meeting my fussy little eggling as much as I enjoyed bringing him to you! :)

PS: If you'd like to see full sized pictures of my final submission, please let me know! I scaled it down and collaged it because my post was already quite long!
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 3:41 PM Post #23
(Big Smiles)Thanks Deidriel, I learned Psanky in highschool art class, we also have a ukranian heritage center in town. Best place to get a kit if you can find one. I got good at it but these are my first in quite some time. I have done them both as blown eggs and hardboiled, (boiled sink better and if using thin shelled eggs are tougher but do only last a week) You need to be extremely careful because of the metal stylus on blown eggs, I found the shells on my too thin (which is why only two out of three made it to final stage) duck eggs work best. If you do decide to try this fun craft feel free to pick my brain!
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 4:24 PM Post #24
Sorry for making something that requires a billion photos =w=);;

I made a kind of 3D egg decoration. I've made these crafts for Easter with my students before so I thought it might be fun to make one for this! They're super fun to make and you can be as creative as you like~ Usually the kids like to hang them from the ceiling, but for this one I just gave it a flat bottom so it could stand up.

Cutting out the 6 egg shapes I needed:

Glued together!

Working on the first luffox to decorate the inside~

And another:

I made 6 luffbuns in total, one for each Easter theme (see if you can guess which is which!) - which makes one for the interior of each fold~

I'm sorry for making this post so picture heavy but what can you do...I cropped my username out of these photos to try to make it a little easier on the eyes ^^;; There are versions with the usernames in this album, if you need them~

The entire thing ends up pretty much impossible to capture in a single photo but it looks cool in person, lol...

Edit: have a gif of it spinning! Whee!

Thanks again for that super cute Easter event, Krin and Fai <3 The luffbunnies are adorable and their names were A++.
Edited By Rixva on 4/20/2017 at 6:27 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 12:42 AM Post #25
A little late, but here it is. :o

Heilix
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 6
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 12:55 PM Post #26
my entry
i don't recall if I've ever done this before. but I had fun trying to paint the eggs :3

had some fun with glitter gel

I decided to put them on my easter grass
Edited By Heilix on 4/21/2017 at 12:57 PM.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 6:09 PM Post #27
First, I really want to thank-you for having such a fun contest! Real life has been very stressful the last few months, and I was in great need of something to get my creative juices flowing! Thanks so very much! :)

My entry is a solid candy melt egg, I decorated using homemade marshmallow fondant (something I have wanted to try for ages!). I started with an idea of doing an Aurora egg... but went with pinks and greens, when I found out I didn't have any yellow food dye! :) Actually, I believe that the colors I used are much more appropriate for Easter eggs!

And now my pics!

Gathering supplies:

Melting candy melts:

Making the egg halves:

Carving out the cracks and such:

And my finished project!

Making the Marshmallow Fondant... by the way, I killed my mixer making this!

10 minutes of kneading the fondant, had to butter my hand to keep it from sticking!

Dyeing the fondant was quite a fun thing.... more kneading!

Starting on the details:

And the final project!

Edited By GoldGryphon on 4/21/2017 at 6:10 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 6:31 PM Post #28
Nice job on your entry, its so cute!
I thought about using fondant on my bulbori but couldn't find what I needed in time since I wanted to finish my entry during the long weekend (and I just so happened to have a chocolate bunny mold that I'd used in previous years). Instead I did somthing I've done in the past, which was to take white candy melts and dye them to the colour I needed and then painted on the details with a new paintbrush. Then all I had to do was use a food decorating marker for the eyes and freckles and stick on a jellybean for the gem.

It's cool to see different approaches to similar ideas like this (especially ones as deliciously adorable as this!)

PS: rest in piece kitchenaid mixer...
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 6:42 PM Post #29
Thanks, Deidriel! I have wanted to work with homemade fondant for quite awhile... just didn't have a project!
I really liked your bunny, and great use on dyeing and jellybeans for the gem!

Yes.... my poor deceased Kitchenaid mixer.... over 30yrs old and I killed it making fondant! (>_<)
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 4/21/2017 at 6:44 PM Post #30
Well I wouldn't worry too much, the new machines are pretty sturdy as well. I'm sure your new one will last a good long time.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.