Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Ideal Stat Setup/Equipment for Dungeon o...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 6:22 AM Post #31
Have you defeated vierna before? Are you aware of the strategy to defeat it?

When vierna becomes the shade, it'll suck your mana every 5 turns or so and turn it into health. So you have to make sure you use up your mana by then.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 7:45 AM Post #32
Nope. Haven't been able to beat her. I DID, at one time get her to her shade form and somewhere I got pummeled.

It can get expensive really, trying to equip your pets so what I did was take Regal Cutlass (my shadow tank) and reassigned his points so he has one in health and the rest in agility so he isn't just a sitting ****** as-it-were.

In my latest battle I had a light pet but the ratio of healing was nowhere near enough to keep anyone healthy, water is good too 'cause the Frost ability at least absorbs some damage while I can heal the pets that need it more.

So...I don't know it the story changes or progresses any after I beat Vierna or not. Quite frankly it is a toughie.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 7:50 AM Post #33
Hmmm....I might try that, train up a shadow tank with higher intelligence, maybe it will recover more health that way?

Actually I may have to reset the dungeon itself because somehow, when I met with Vierna she had some sort of orb so my pets mana was immediately gone. No worries though, I can use my party, replace a pet and train it up quickly in some dungeons.

I just have to keep trying.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 7:51 AM Post #34
Your party set up shouldn't be much of a problem. I personally like to use shadow, air and light for my party. You should upgrade your equipment as much as possible, especially since the dungeon boss is really tough. Level 60 legendary would be good. If you can invest in mythical would be even better, or save up enough marks for arena equipment.

For the fight itself, hit vierna as much as possible, and don't hit her minions. Each minion that dies boosts vierna's stats. When vierna becomes the shade, be careful of when you use mana and heal. Every 5 turns or so, she'll suck your mana and turn it into health. So use the 2nd attack or finishing blow just before then. Only use elixirs after she sucks your mana.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 8:44 AM Post #35
Well..I think what I will do is reset the dungeon...maybe. Last time, before I encountered her, I mad sure all my pets mana was totally full so I could use Finishing strikes on her right away but it looked like she had some sort of orb which immediately sucked dry all my teams mana.

SO...what I thought 'd do is reassign my tanks points and have one in health and the others in Agility so maybe it won't get hit so hard with each blow.
I might have to do something about Sparkwind, it's strength is not where I'd like it to be. I have oodles of potions and elixirs but I am just gonna have to beef up everyone.

Too bad my one pet is off on a mission though but once it is back I may have to changes its tree from fire to Light and put it back on my party OR just beef up my other magic user.

It's tricky and everyone has their own way of doing this.
As for the Arena...that is bad enough because I have to train up other pets just to defeat the first arena opponent (Fire Eyes) and he handed my pets butts back to them on a wooden platter.

Anywhoo...I need to reassess what I am doing..maybe I made a mistake rearranging my tanks points by putting one in health and the other in agility....
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 8:56 AM Post #36
Since the proficiency revamp, all dungeon bosses battles reset your pets to full health and 0 mana.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 9:01 AM Post #37
That makes things a tad more...challenging...not too fair when you try to get an advantage by having full mana.

However I just invested in some stuff for my pets as well as reassigned my battle pets points and put all into strength as it will be needed apparently. I am not expecting the battle to be easy really, just want to even the field a bit.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 8/10/2017 at 5:44 PM Post #38
Been awhile since I've posted here, but I found a battle setup that's really good for DotF. It's a well balanced mix of defense and offense, and can be for people with max stat, max gear, max relics OR for people who don't have that stuff.

Pros:

not a lot of health loss, even on boss fights. No need to use elixirs, or only very occasionally

No need to switch pets out for the first door of the dungeon. If stats are allocated correctly, you can have all 3 pets assigned to a specific door and still function well in battle.

No need to switch pets out for any boss fights

Cons: it's a little slow going compared to some of the glass cannon teams I also advocate for. (But it can still put you in the range for a Vierna ny'vene if you have good stats and know the fight)

Earth (tank): 3 points in agi. Relic used: Ancient Water (tidal lord)
Water (damage): 2 points in str. 1 point in dexterity. Relic used: Ancient Wind (stormcaller)***
Shadow (damage) 3 points in intelligence. Relic used: Ancient Shadow (reaver)

***you could have this pet the other way around: a wind pet with a tidal lord relic, but not sure how this would affect the dexterity. The pros of this you'd have better damage output, the cons is you can't put a nice shield on your tank.
Asphodels
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 63
Posted: 8/11/2017 at 12:38 AM Post #39
Mine is a crazy offensive, since I have too many potions. I've gotten Vierna in 23 turns with this party, even though equipment sucks. I've gotten two vene eggs using these.

3 points on int, light

3 points on strength, wind.

3 points on strength, wind.
Edited By Ebonyflicker on 8/26/2017 at 12:48 AM.
Itscyndirella
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/16/2017 at 10:07 AM Post #40
For me I use 2 max stat pet, equiped with myth items and also normal ones (air and fire) then, less than lvl 50 pet, with epic items (any element). My pet just doesn't die and I just need 10 potions (2400 mana regen). I put lower lvl in my party cause i think helps not to kill vierna quickly and has higher chance to get dropped myth items.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.