Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Ideal Stat Setup/Equipment for Dungeon o...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/11/2017 at 1:01 PM Post #21
Aw Gryph, what a sneaky little salamander. Fingers crossed for next time x3

Too true, Ama. She can't keep all of us out if we storm her at once!

Anyway, I bit the bullet and bought a max stat team to try out =w=

I used two wind cannons (pure strength) and an earth tank (1 health 2 strength) (I think I'm addicted to Earth now :P), and had similar results to you guys. The tank was pretty self sufficient, and she kept the shade's Mana Drain off my cannons, who used their Razor Wind attack to bring the shade down really quickly! 25 turns, 1 or 2 elixirs on the tank. No egg or relic, but I'm pleased with the success ^-^
(I totally forgot to put myth gear on them though. I bet that would make up that 1 turn difference!)
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/12/2017 at 8:13 AM Post #22
Congrats on getting a max stat team, Rixva! I like the sound of your team build. I may have to try that soon, although today's run went pretty well (time wise). I used the same team as the last couple days, and I ripped thru Vierna in 21 moves!

I like this team, as I am able to get thru the whole dungeon with out changes (except the first puzzle... have to get a mission pet to open the door!).

On the bad news.... no good items at all, I hope that silly dungeon starts dropping something nice for me soon! I am just going to have to keep beating the crud out of it!
Zaynah
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 49
Posted: 4/12/2017 at 6:47 PM Post #23
Today I used my earth tank with wind and a light healer. I liked having the healer, but I do think things went a bit slower. Previously I was using Fire, because I'm lazy and like defeating enemies without even having to aim at them. :) I think tomorrow I may try the Earth/Wind/Wind combo and see how that works for me. I am using max stat pets with mythical equipment. Got a new mythical relic yesterday!
Amarok
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 4:57 AM Post #24
Okay, so, todays dungeon run was a bad experience. If you are into safe defensive builds, definitely try this out.

I ran (most of) the dungeon today with 3 light pets. All 3 had +3 to int and were maxed both in gear and stats.

Now I really liked that build under the old system, but I don't like it now. On the plus side, none of my pets went below 80% health, including during the first two boss encounters. On the minus it took them forever to kill anything above 2 star. It was excruciating and I didn't like it. xD I just wanted to rush rush rush. Leeroy Jenkins, zerg swarm, gogogogogo

Anyway kinda just shrugged and went with it, thinking: "Oh. I won't need elixirs or revives then hurr durr"

WRONG

So. Yeah. a 3 light build did really badly against the three sorcerers. I used many revives and elixirs. It might have been different if you could bring all your mana into the fight but...no.

Then when I got to vierna, I was fed up with the snail pace battling and the nasty last encounter so I switched back to my favourite light & double wind build.

It wasn't too bad, though...Vierna also finally dropped me a new relic! Ancient Relic of the Reaver. The shadow one. Woohoo!
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 4/20/2017 at 11:04 AM Post #25
Congrats on the new mythical items, Amarok and Zaynah! I haven't gone thru today... too much real life stuff! But this evening I will!

I have been sticking with the light/double wind build. I do well in the whole dungeon. I do have to keep an eye when fighting the elves... especially if they are sorcerers! I quite nearly got defeated because of my lack of attention! Those Sorcerers can be a pain!

Yesterday I got my first Ny'vene egg! No mythicals yet... but hopefully soon!
Alchemy
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 109
Posted: 4/24/2017 at 4:44 PM Post #26
I'm really liking the improvements to Earth now. My tank is actually a tank again and fairly self-sufficient.

I was using a Water attacker with Ice Barrier to protect my tank, but now I feel more comfortable making her full offensive again. I'm changing her to Air.

I'm using a max stat griffi team with mythic & legendary equipment. I'm doing my first run through DotF with my new team. Seems to be working okay so far, but I'll update once I defeat the dungeon.

Conclusion: My team did a little better this time around. I do miss the constant "Taunted" from my Earth Tank. My attackers are getting hit more often than I'd like. However, I only had to use 3 revives when fighting Vierna this time around. All in all, this team did okay.
Edited By Alchemy on 4/24/2017 at 5:19 PM.
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 4/27/2017 at 7:34 AM Post #27
I've been using different versions of my same normal build.. Earth Tank, Light DPS/Healer and Wind DPS. It works fairly well as I rarely need to use any potions.. however it is quite slow. Normally Vierna is down in 37-39 turns.. not bad but could be much better.

Today I switched out my Earth Tank for another Wind DPS and was shocked.. last Vierna battle was 39 turns and this one was 21. I'll definitely be using the 1 Light / 2 Wind team for Vierna from now on. I did have to use about the same amount of potions in half the turns.. but totally worth it. I'm still fine tuning so I'm sure there will be more changes.. currently playing with whether Int/Str is better for DPS or added Dex for the more regular crits.

Also working on leveling up my Max-Stat team.. so much experience.

Normal Team:
Malakk - Earth Tank (1 HP, 1 Str, 1 Agi)
Olynthia - Light Heals/DPS (2 Int, 1 Dex)
Staccato - Wind DPS (2 Str, 1 Dex)

Vierna Team:
Olynthia - Light Heals/DPS (2 Int, 1 Dex)
Staccato - Wind DPS (2 Str, 1 Dex)
Un-named - Wind DPS (Max Stat, 1 Str, 2 Dex)
Edited By Fresh on 4/27/2017 at 7:36 AM.
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/27/2017 at 4:49 PM Post #28
I've been experimenting a little more. I've tried out a few different builds in the past few days.

The all shadow team I tried out today was a spectacular failure. They weren't maxed, but they had all myth gear and decent stats in the 50-60 range...I tried it out, thinking the health drain might help with damage and survival. It worked out great for the first two bosses, but with the elves and Vierna I ended up using so many elixirs. I don't recommend this build for the last two bosses. The health regained from Siphon and Vampiric strike was definitely not enough to withstand the hard-hitters. A little disappointing, but maybe I'll try again with a max-stat team and change up the way I spend their prof points...

The team I tried out the day before was better - shadow tank, wind attacker, light healer. It was sturdy enough to withstand bosses with only 1 or 2 elixirs, but not remarkable in terms of turns. Over 40 to down Vierna.

The best build I've found for taking down the shade fast remains the Earth/Wind/Wind build. My record is 20 turns with this team (though I usually average 23-25).
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Posted: 6/7/2017 at 6:29 PM Post #29
I haven't defeated Vierna yet and tried three times today to do so.

My tank, Regal Cutlass, is my Shadow Tank - Sparkwind is my Air Battler and Verde is my Light Healer. I thought I had some fairly decent equipment too.

The battle went went....not so good. I may have to try a strategy like I did with Vorpar and that is to have a team of pure strength.

I'll keep Regal as a Shadow but I might try putting a Water in place of the Light healer. The healing did next to nothing for me.

I don't want to have to spend more gold re-assigning points but I might have to do just that. Maybe adjust Regal's agility and Sparkwinds strength...I don't know. I'd like to get that thing over and done with though.
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 6/8/2017 at 5:29 AM Post #30
I use the dungeon to level up some of my pets to lvl 60. However, I have hundreds of spare elixirs and revival draughts from missions. So if I ever get in a sticky situation, I just use more elixirs. Also, because of this, I have no tank.

I use a max stat wind, with 2 strength and 1 dex (for more crits). I also use one shadow pet in the central "tank" slot. But this one is 3 int and is geared as a cannon with int and dex (evoker gear).

I found that with high int, the shadow can act as a really good tank, recovering health even with relatively low agility and health. Sometimes with the bosses, I still need to use potions, but the battles move much faster with only cannons. Also, the elixirs are more useful for recovering mana (to use the special attacks) than health, as the special attacks recover *a lot* of health.

The third slot is the "extra" that I am trying to level up, and I have seen a *huge* difference in battles, depending on what I have in that slot. The most effective for me so far has been an extra all strength air pet. Blew through the battles the fastest (including Vierna!), but lost health like water and needed a lot of elixirs.

Interestingly, all strength water has been my second most effective in that slot. The battles weren't as fast, but by placing the shield over my "tank" (that is actually a cannon), I used the fewest elixirs. This surprised me, as previously water was a bit of a joke. Now its surprisingly useful!

There are *a lot* of combinations I still need to try (I'd like to experiment with an all light team, for example), but I thought I'd share some of my experiences.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.