Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Ideal Stat Setup/Equipment for Dungeon o...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Olooriel
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 24
Posted: 4/8/2017 at 4:43 PM Post #1
I'm wondering what those who successfully defeated Vierna used, is your party setup more offensive or defensive? Or mixed?
Edited By Olooriel on 4/8/2017 at 4:47 PM.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 105
Posted: 4/9/2017 at 8:10 AM Post #2
I used 3 max stat lighs.

The middle one was a light with +3 to intelligence.

https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=2180107

both side pets were wind with +2 strength and +1 to dexterity.

https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=2187746

https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=2180110

This combination seemed to work really well on Vierna. I would only have to use one or two elixirs when encountering her. Just make sure in the second phase you keep the mana down at all times. As soon as my pets would get 20 mana I would use finishing blow. Other than that, she is easy to rip into.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 4/9/2017 at 2:30 PM Post #3
Amarok, do you use this team for the whole dungeon or just for Vierna?
I am definitely going to try this set up for Vierna, with you already getting an egg.... you must have something right! Congrats on the Ny'vene egg!

Edit: one more question, why dexterity over agility?
Edited By GoldGryphon on 4/9/2017 at 7:29 PM.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 4/9/2017 at 6:48 PM Post #4
I'm really interested in seeing others' builds too! I'd love to be pinged if anyone else is sharing theirs :D

I've tried two different builds so far, but the one I used today worked really, really well. My pets aren't maxed (nowhere near it, lol) but I ended every boss battle with both support pets at 100% health, never using mend or elixirs on either of them. It made it really easy to only have to keep an eye on my tank's health - but even then it didn't take too many elixirs at all. (I'm sorry if this sounds kinda patronizing or something, I'm just really psyched about this build, lol)

I used an earth tank with 2 points health, 1 point agility

an ice buffer, all points strength

and a light healer, all points intel.
(health for these guys doesn't really matter because the Earth tank draws all the fire!)

The Leeching Strike ability in combination with Ice Barrier really helped keep my tank's health high.

Here's a HUGE tip I discovered today: In the battle against the shade, the Taunted debuff (from Mocking Blow) actually prevents Vierna's mana drain from hitting the other two pets. That means that you can get enough mana to use the cannons' ability 2 - or finishing blow if you prefer - without having to worry about her getting health from it. So in my opinion Earth is a really great tank for this battle!

-----
Editing to include a bit more of my strategy in battle: I had my tank use Leeching Strike every chance I had. I generally rarely use finishing blow. I tend to play more defensively, so the health and defense put back into my party from their various 2nd abilities is more worth it to me than the damage from Finishing Blow.

For the shade battle in particular, since Mocking Blow prevented the Mana Drain from hitting my buffer and healer I just continued to use their 2nd abilities as I could, and just worried about keeping my tank's mana as low as possible when the mana drain came.

//sorry I wrote way too much. I get really excited talking about battle parties lmao.
Edited By Rixva on 4/9/2017 at 7:13 PM.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 4/9/2017 at 8:43 PM Post #5
I used this team for the entire dungeon mainly because I was really lazy.

For the trash mobs and the arena I would suggest a very similar set up except replace the two wind with fire.

I used dex on the wind (and fire) pets because the bleeding (or burning for fire) special effects from the first ability are critical hit based. I also generally like to have loads of dex because that = greater accuracy and more crits!

I don't generally feel the need to use agility (for this set up) because the pets don't need to avoid incoming damage, and they don't need to be fast. The 3 + intelligence light "tank" dishes out a lot of healing.

I would reserve this kind of build for max stat/high end gear though.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 5:59 AM Post #6
That makes sense, Amarok. I will try it that way and see how it works, I am trying to get a team that disposes of Vierna fast.... it was hinted that would get the possibility of a Ny'vene egg. Do you, perchance, remember how many turns it took you to get your egg?
I would think that a Tank that isn't light would need more agility then... ok, I think I am finally starting to get a grip on the new system and such.

Rixva, I am intrigued by your defensive set-up, especially the Ice Buffer, I have never used one before... might have to try it!
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 6:23 AM Post #7
@ Rixva

Wow! I had no idea about the earth taunt being that useful! I have *never* an earth build, and I tend to struggle with defensive teams. So I might have to give this a go some day.

@ GG

Yeah. The aggressive team takes down vierna fast, except I keep forgetting to record the amount of turns it takes. I'll be sure to record it tomorrow. The only issue with my build is that it's a little bit risky - If I rush the encounter, or forget to pay attention, then I have to use more elixirs.

Vierna does hit my pets hard - but the main focus is to try and take her down before she kills you.
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 6:42 AM Post #8
I am wondering, Amarok, if I should use my mythical equipment that has a high agility instead of the high dex (on my wind builds) maybe that would help with Vierna. Right now, they are kind of mixed up, some dex, some agility.

Edit: Ok, used your set-up Amarok (my pets are all maxed), with Light in the middle and wearing all Archeron items, Wind at the sides with a mix of Natureguard and Primalists. Beat her in 24 turns! That is a heck of alot better than the 100 turn one I started out with! :)

Here is the Vierna Buster Team:
https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=2998514
https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=2998528
https://www.sylestia.com/proficiency/?pet_id=2998532
Edited By GoldGryphon on 4/10/2017 at 7:32 AM.
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 7:32 AM Post #9
Might be a good idea. Pretty sure my light-cannon (omfg steven universe) tank is using full agi mythical/arena
Amarok
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 4/10/2017 at 7:35 AM Post #10
ohhh that's an interesting build GG. A wind tank. Go for it! I set my light pet as the tank, because I thought my air pets would need dex more.

But...if you dump lots of dex into your light pet, that could work too...because crit hits turn into crit heals.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.