Players 2,295 397
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,268,857 2,365
Generated 656,515 8
Captured 1,192,327 512
Bred 6,419,920 1,845
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > 3/4/2017 - Introducing the New Ability a...
Page 7 1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 9:27 AM Post #61
Ah..I see. Thank you. I guess I am too much of an "old fogey" to have something like that explained to me. :)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,122
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 9:41 AM Post #62
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44190&page=6#51
Author: Varyntha
Time Posted: 3/5/2017 at 12:30 AM
I think my biggest issue with the change is the drastic drop in customizability... That and having to deal with half or less of the gold until I can Level up my Mission sylestis in the MegaZone, but that's supposedly temporary. I'm not sure what's supposed to be more "fun" about being able to do less with your sylesti... Maybe I just can't see its full potential yet...

Just my thoughts and feelings so far:

What I don't like-
-1 sylesti not being able to have more than 1 Element (that was good for character building and stats, were we doing something wrong by multiclassing?)
-a sylesti not being able to increase both Strength and Intelligence (some sylestis are both strong and intelligent :c )
-not being able to equalize all of a sylesti's stats (that's going to mess up several of my sylestis' plans)
-the nerfing of our current sylestis (at what Level will they be able to catch up to where they are now? 65?)
-a Light Party will be extremely nerfed, even though in the original post you said that all pets would do more damage and perform better no matter the Element... (that's going to hurt my Parties a lot :/ )
-no Expertise for sylestis under Level 60 (why don't sylestis under Level 60 count anymore? :p )
-the severe drop of points to be able to spend on customizing a sylesti's stats and the Levels at which they are available
-we can't choose what to do with the Abilities and less Abilities are available
-that no matter how much we max out our Level 60 sylestis they still will not be able to complete Level 50 Exceptional Missions exceptionally anymore (you say that it will be more than made up for as sylestis level, but that's not actually possible unless you add more Missions that pay out significantly more than Level 50s, considering it will probably be months before the MegaZone is actually released... o_O Or did you just mean the stats will be made up for, not all the gold and Satchels that will be lost to the drop?) I realize that the severe downgrade for Level 50 Missions is only temporary, but aren't Missions supposed to be able to be completed exceptionally by sylestis at +10 Levels than the Level of the Mission? Or was that just coincidence... D_D *starts hoarding gold so I can continue feeding sylestis until they can level up*

What I do like-
-that you are so excited about it (that, in and of itself, is enough for me to get over my qualms and accept it)
-the permanent Expertise keeping an Ability ranked when earned even through Element switching
-that sylestis will be able to have 5 Abilities at Level 75 as opposed to 3

Over all, like I said in my likes list, I can accept it, especially considering how much you like it and are excited by it. UuU And I have a good enough imagination to make up for otherwise now impossible characters. ;3

Firstly, to address the fate of Missions, I will go through and adjust the required Stats to complete Missions to match the new curve. So I do not expect an interruption to the success rates of Missions beyond anything slightly noticeable in one direction or another.

I will also take a look at any exploration requirements for Statistics and adjust accordingly as well.

In general, I have a lot of preparation work to do to get everything set up and ready to use the new system and I haven't started yet. So I don't know specifically what I'll do. But I will be sure to take a look at everything and adjust as needed.

-----------

For using multiple Elements, there was nothing 'wrong' with it previously; it just wasn't really intended to work that way. And due to the technical and mechanical aspects of the new system, there was no way to allow for that.

-----------

Strength and Intelligence (and Physical Damage and Magical Damage) are on their way out and will eventually just be merged into something like "Power" and "Damage" when we relaunch. So this is a step in that direction. Having both Physical and Magical really adds nothing to the game. It just makes it more complicated for Players to understand the system and it's frustrating for Players to manage Equipment because pretty much every piece of Equipment is useless for half of all Pets.

-----------

While you won't be able to equalize Strength and Intelligence through spent points anymore, by Level 75 your Pets will have 6 points to spend and they can be spread out for all sorts of Stat spreads. If you really wanted to, you could put points in the Str/Int and then whatever Element you select for the Pet, give it Equipment of the opposite Stat. That'd probably balance it out.

-----------

Nothing is being nerfed. Even with reduced Stats, Players will find it much easier to battle with the new Abilities. They do a ton more damage, have more powerful effects, and especially once Pets hit Level 30 and unlock the second Ability, it won't even be close. Even if they have ~150 less of a Stat (that's only 75 Damage, for example) The difference between 250 and 350 Damage doesn't much matter when Abilities now do upwards of 200% Damage instead of 110%.

And with Stats being reduced, as I said in the first point, I will go through and make sure everything is adjusted accordingly.

The intention of these changes should make it much easier for Players to not only learn how to battle and how to defeat encounters, but it should also make pretty much The Level 0-60 content much easier to get through. Which is one the intentions of doing this so that Players can catch up and get ready for the MegaZone.

Just to emphasize...under the current system, it's this:

1st Ability: Level 25
2nd Ability: Level 50

It will now be this:

1st Ability: Level 0
2nd Ability: Level 30

That is a massive improvement.

-----------

For content of Levels 0-60, an all Light party will probably never die. They definitely will not be nerfed.

When inside the MegaZone, will an all Light party be as effective as that party was in the Level 0-60 content? Probably not because the MegaZone will be more adjusted to the Ability buffs. However, I don't see why you couldn't still play with an all Light party if you wanted to. You might struggle on some encounters that are more easily handled with high Damage dealing, but being virtually unkillable is usually a good thing.

But yes, the mechanics of battling and setting up Parties is going to change somewhat. However, Pets will now actually 'do' the things they were advertised as being able to do under the original system. In the original system, everything was very, very small. Abilities dealt like 100%... 105%... 110% Damage. Now they deal 150%, 200%, 300%, etc. That alone is a massive, massive increase.

Furthermore, effects are much more powerful and/or trigger much more frequently. Earth Pets can keep an Enemy permanently Taunted starting at Level 0 now. Light Pets can directly Heal their Party for a ton of Health by Level 30. Shadow can leech a ton of Health back with their Abilities. Etc, etc.

The roles that each Element was supposed to have under the original system have all been significantly exaggerated under the new system. That's why this system is ultimately much better. A Light Pet actually feels like a Light Pet. It can actually manage to Heal their Party and keep them alive. The tradeoff? It doesn't do much Damage - comparative to the Damage dealing Elements.

-----------

I am saving Expertise for the MegaZone because it's intended to be a secondary leveling system and is intended to take quite a bit of time to earn. Enemies in the MegaZone will be properly tuned for this new system, while previous enemies will not and will become quite trivial for everyone's already maxed out Level 60 Pets.

While I may allow Pets to earn Expertise once the Level Cap is raised to 75 and I can make it so Pets can only earn it from enemies that they earn experience from, I'm not going to do that at this point because everyone would probably be able to just max out their Pets between now and when the MegaZone is released due to just slaughtering trivial enemies in Astryl's Tranquility.

And I don't want that scenario. =P

-----------

There definitely aren't less Abilities available. Under the original system, a Pet could have a maximum of 3 Abilities and it was the first 3 Abilities of each Tree... which weren't very special or interesting.

Under the new system, Pets can now have up to 5 Abilities by Level 75 and some of the Abilities are really awesome and powerful and fun to use.

In my opinion, this was a huge improvement.
Edited By Krinadon on 3/5/2017 at 9:47 AM.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 9:59 AM Post #63
I will go through and adjust the required Stats to complete Missions to match the new curve. So I do not expect an interruption to the success rates of Missions beyond anything slightly noticeable in one direction or another.

That awesome news. Thanks for that Krin! With this I feel a lot more at ease.
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 111
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 10:19 AM Post #64
Thanks for addressing our concerns Krin! ^^

Really looking forward to playing with my party setup once the new system is rolled out~
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 10:39 AM Post #65
"Strength and Intelligence (and Physical Damage and Magical Damage) are on their way out and will eventually just be merged into something like "Power" and "Damage" when we relaunch. So this is a step in that direction. Having both Physical and Magical really adds nothing to the game. It just makes it more complicated for Players to understand the system and it's frustrating for Players to manage Equipment because pretty much every piece of Equipment is useless for half of all Pets."

A part of me enjoys the idea of physical and magical damage, but I've seen so many players confused over how to gear their teams. Much of that confusion does seem to be regarding the different damages. Things I've run into when talking to players needing help include them not knowing if a particular tree is supposed to be magical or physical, having a mix of random types of gear, and relics having either the wrong type of damage or having split damage.

Something I very much like about the new set up is that you also put right up at the top of the proficiency tree what stats one should look to increasing and what role is best suited to the tree.
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 12:53 PM Post #66
Overall I am really liking the new system and look forward to playing around with it, it will definitley take some getting used to but I think it's a great move for both gameplay and game expansion. I like that the more you use a spell, the more powerful it becomes; even at max level we'll still be able to increases our abilities.

Level 75 Cooldowns: 100 Turns >.<

Wrath of Malgorus (Rank 5) does a total of 2500% damage over the course of the curse, to each enemy. That's just one spell.. just how hard are you making the MegaZone?! lol
Fresh
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 70
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 12:55 PM Post #67
The tool tips for Restoration and Vaeluna's Grace say "restores X% Magical Damage Health" but I believe should be "Magical Damage as Health" like the Blessings. To be honest, I find the wording there to be a bit odd, might I suggest something like "Restores Health equal to X% Magical Damage"?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 1:07 PM Post #68
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44190&page=7#66
Author: Fresh
Time Posted: 3/5/2017 at 12:53 PM
Overall I am really liking the new system and look forward to playing around with it, it will definitley take some getting used to but I think it's a great move for both gameplay and game expansion. I like that the more you use a spell, the more powerful it becomes; even at max level we'll still be able to increases our abilities.

Level 75 Cooldowns: 100 Turns >.<

Wrath of Malgorus (Rank 5) does a total of 2500% damage over the course of the curse, to each enemy. That's just one spell.. just how hard are you making the MegaZone?! lol

Haha. A lot of this hasn't really be strategically tested yet. I'm sure I will tweak things before the MegaZone releases.

I can't really test atm because of the whole Stat system situation. Like, the way "Current Health" for Pets works doesn't match the new system atm. So I'm going to have to release things as they are and get everything all situated and updated before going back to work on the MegaZone.

But only the first 2 Abilities of each Tree will be available atm, so I'm not too concerned about imbalances. And those Abilities have been the most tested to date.
Dragondawn
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 150
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 1:07 PM Post #69
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44190&page=5#49
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/4/2017 at 11:11 PM
[quote=793937]

The amount that each of the Proficiencies provides increases with every Level the pet gains. So the Level Up Point system is basically built into the new Proficiency system.

i knew looking though the post my question would be answered...

but what if you want a balanced stat pet? tuning to an element could screw that up.

lets put it this way with the new system our pets will lvl up and gain stats in all five areas per lvl like you would in pokemon? and the compressed or lost points can be "returned" with mega equipment?

will the old equipment still work?
how will the mega effect the map? or is it a separate being altogether? (been confused on this part but lost the post about the mega realm)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/5/2017 at 1:12 PM Post #70
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=44190&page=7#69
Author: Dragondawn
Time Posted: 3/5/2017 at 1:07 PM
[quote=793947]

i knew looking though the post my question would be answered...

but what if you want a balanced stat pet? tuning to an element could screw that up.

lets put it this way with the new system our pets will lvl up and gain stats in all five areas per lvl like you would in pokemon? and the compressed or lost points can be "returned" with mega equipment?

will the old equipment still work?
how will the mega effect the map? or is it a separate being altogether? (been confused on this part but lost the post about the mega realm)

All Equipment will function as it does now. Nothing is changing with that.

The MegaZone will be accessible via a link in Astryl's Vale once you've finished the storyline through Astryl's Tranquility.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 6, 7, 8... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.