Forum Index > Roleplaying > A Salty Sea Tale
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 14, 15, 16 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 3/12/2017 at 8:37 PM Post #101

Kana grabbed the rope of a crate in her mouth and began to pull it aboard, Though she wasn't moving fast like the others she had spirit and was more than happy to do any task. Though in the back of her mind she thought of the gundeck and how she wanted to arrange things. No to mention the equipment she would buy with the prize money she won earlier at the bar. As she tugged and thought her stubby tail wagged as if she was a pup, just the thought of new toys was exciting to her. She only stopped when she heard a thud. It was the new Tom who had seemed to drop his crate she offered a beaming smile " Careful, Hate to see ya get hurt"
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 3/13/2017 at 1:05 PM Post #102
Sara~female~ The North Star

"That's it mates, put ye backs into it!" With that she jumped from the railing surrounding the wheel and sprung into action to help the others. Taking a rope in her mouth she helped pull the boon over above the crates. "Alrighty then, hook 'er up and we'll be good as gold!" She panted happy to have a full crew again even if it was a bit crowed with so many bodies on the ship. The more the merrier though as they say back on land. It was strange how the captain had managed to get them all to join, and on one night! Yet still as always he was drunk in his cabin, draining down only the best of drinks. Not doubt they would all pay come tomorrow, best to be happy while they could be.

Tulio~male~ The North Star

His eyes followed the rodent as she jumped down to help the others. With hurried steps he took off after her, barking the whole time till someone knocked him aside. Dazed he stood seeing the large she wolf that called herself Sara standing over him. "What was that for!"
"Stop the yapping sailor and get ta work like the rest of us." She growled at his teeth bared some to show she meant business.
"But she has my map!" Tulio argued only to have the she wolf snap at him barely missing his face.
"I don't care if she has your mother's ashes, no fighting aboard the ship till the work be done understand?" Reluctantly the puff nodded and stood shaking the dust from his fur. What was he to help with? Surely she didn't expect him to lift one of those boxes! Though his answer came when a mop and bucket were slide his way. "Start at the bow and work this way." The blue lupora instructed to get a nasty glare from Tulio though he took the mop and bucket in his mouth and made his way to the bow. Peasants work.....
Jillyana
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 27
Posted: 3/13/2017 at 1:39 PM Post #103

Ilmarinen ~~ 16 ~~ Male ~~ The North Star

his golden eyes rested on the two nixis that talked, he didnt bother trying to listen at it. But a loong, outdrawn howl caught his attention. Almost up on his paws again His feathers was raised as to make him look larger than he was and his eyes wide open. A bit surpriced by the lupora he looked at her, he had never seen one so close before. The last time he had seen one was about five years ago. He had seen a family of them on a distance as he had pulled a massive cart filled with timber. But the little furball that had lured him aboard the Nort Star pulled him to the present. With a kind look in his eyes he looked down at the furball before nodding and getting up on his four paws. With rather blunt and ungracefull steps he trotted across the ship and as the landgang was ocupied he glided down to the docks. Once there he gripped the rope of one of the crates and carefully pulled a bit. Surpriced by how light they were, having worked in mines and pulling lumber on his own he had muscles beyond what most could dream about. So for him this little bothered him naught. With that he simply walked upwards without a care in the world. But as his head butted into a box on the landgang he stoped, looking at the box with two nixis after it. After waiting for some time he simply put his head on the box infront of him and begun to push, paying little mind to the fact that the two nixis, a brown and white female with a stubby little tail and a black and white male with a curled tail, was pushed along with the box. So there he was, a silent nyte as grey and boring as rocks with golden spots pushing a box of cargo and two nixis with his head as well as dragging a second box behind him. And in all honesty he could easly pull and push a lot more at once without coming close to his limits. He may be a simpleton, not knowing much of etticets and unwritten rules. But he is one of the strongest anyone will meet in their life. A simpleton of a brute. But a single cart in the mine can easly come up to 1.5ton(metric so 1500kg) and the lumbers he pulled was rarly any less than that as well. So if muscles was needed, he was indeed the one that was wanted. But anything delicate like diplomacy or stitching and he would be the least you wanted anywhere near the job.
Edited By Jillyana on 3/13/2017 at 1:39 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 3/13/2017 at 11:13 PM Post #104

Kana Was surprised when the Crate moved and gently jumped atop it seeing it the Large speckled bird pushing it with ease she dangled her front paws off the edge closest to his head her tail wagging in the air. " that's a nifty trick ya got!" she said excitedly, as the night grew on she was getting more amped up, she could totally play another round at the bar with this new wind, but leaving the Crew this early may look a bit strange.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 1:24 AM Post #105

Sara's timing was perfect dragging the towline and getting the boom over. She started winching down the boom with the cargo net as it was craning over. Once it was on the dockshe called away. "Thankee quartermaster!" She called out to Sara. Then spotted the others beside the gangway. "Spotty, get yer big crate there in'ee middle o' the net n'start buildin' oot 'round it! Kana, git that ten'erfoot away from the water n' start dat chaingang ta de boom!" She called out to get the cargo into the net. She had a good vantage up above the first yardarm to spy the cargo docking area. The crew was already starting with a will, she just had to standby to crankup the winch so they could swing it over into the cargo hold for Byrd and his company to unhitch and stow the crates away.

((OOC: FYI, Deidriel has granted me termporary permission during his break to NPC Byrd so we aren't held up by his absence.))

Byrd was in his element, he had the experienced sailors that hadn't left the vessel were clearing out and straightening the main cargo hold so they could receive, document and stow the cargo in an organized fashion, so the crew could eat it's way to the next meal and to set aside non-foods for relative ease of acquisition. In fact, he sent a messenger to the galley so Angel would be on hand to sort stuffs by breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight rations since the food stores would be first. One thing she and most of the crew were sure to be glad of was that Clover and Tulio were busy swabbing the deck so they were out of the way. Boom operations were very dangerous and an unlucky hand under the load when the winch pin failed would find themselves crushed under a ton of groceries.

((OOC: My apologize if I left any players out of this post, it's very late.))
Edited By Harleyc on 3/17/2017 at 3:29 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 5:08 PM Post #106
Heh, I'm almost tempted to have you NPC Byrd whenever we have to get into the technical aspect of running a ship. Clearly someone has been doing their research.
LordToad
Level 65
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 3/15/2017 at 5:19 PM Post #107

As Keon and the other nixi pulled their crates, the weight suddenly disappeared. Surprised, Keon quickly looked back as the crate bumped into him, and shoved him along as well. Behind the crates was the nytekrie, Keon noted that he pushed them easily. He seemed strong. "What's yer name?" asked Keon, his younger brain forgetting the task at hand as he hopped onto his crate.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 2:08 PM Post #108
((OOC: Research? Lol, I wish, I worked on shrimp boats when I was a youth, was a submarine navigation ET in the navy for 11 years, got my degree in marine biology and working fisheries vessels in the Bering and Antarctic Seas, and spent most of the last ten years on oil vessels around the world performing offshore acoustic surveys. It probably doesn't help that I enjoy reading stories from the times of wooden ships and iron men either. What can I say, I'm a salty old man.))
Edited By Harleyc on 3/16/2017 at 2:10 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 2:50 PM Post #109
Heh, and here I am with less than 20 years of experience with being alive. At my age anything you know about this sort of stuff pretty much comes from research.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Posted: 3/16/2017 at 3:02 PM Post #110
((OOC: I'm just a salty ol' goat that enjoys a good role-play. And any first hand experience I can use to add interest to the game is fair to me.))
Edited By Harleyc on 3/17/2017 at 3:29 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.