Forum Index > Roleplaying > A Salty Sea Tale
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1
Garvin "Gar"~male~ The North Star (Layout: Name~Gender~Ship name)

There was storm brewing outside, the way the rain and wind sung it was doing to be a bad one. It should blow over about mid night though it could go on as late as dawn. Perfect to test a new crew on. Nothing like a rough sea to test the courage of a new crew. Now don't get his wrong his crew was enough as it was but many of his old boys were married now and wished to spend the rest of their lives with their families. So that meant that he had to go out of his way and find more for his hearty crew. Yet no one in the bar seemed to catch his eye, possibly he caught theirs? If this proved useless then he would just move on with his little crew. Two people could manage The North Star right? Who was he kidding, him and the First mate couldn't pull it off unless they had a few more hands on deck. So he sat there still, gazing around the bar for anyone that would prove useful to them. Maybe this would take all night, maybe all in the next day who knew.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 1:21 PM Post #2

Taverns were always a bit too crowded for his liking but, he was rain soaked and cold. He'd held out long enough to locate the shadyest tavern in the whole of the usually bustling port city. Right on the docks too. He shook the water from his mane and pushed open the door, hitting his horns on the top of the door frame even though he was sure to duck. All eyes immediately turned to him, though most were good at hiding it save for one who didn't seem to want to.
The old bulbori was sitting alone and it was clear why. He was here recruiting and there were no takers. Byrd made his way straight for the old bul. "Mind if I join ya?"
Edited By Deidriel on 3/3/2017 at 1:21 PM.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 2:04 PM Post #3
Kana was in the bar as usual playing a few games of darts and getting boastful. Many in the bar had given up trying to beat her, but the light hearted vixen always convinced a few of the drunkereds to play. Tonight she had managed to rack up quite a bounty in bets and was becoming quite bored. She balanced a dart on her nose as shetrotted to the back of the bar.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 2:58 PM Post #4

((OOC: ...continued from Finding post))

Tavi remained in the dark, the old bori was still sorting his wallet when that huge Lighira walked in, though the cap'n still hadn't turned around to invite her to his party; let alone sign up for his crew. Thus far she'd been nursing a few meads at the expense of some silly Ny'vene that hadn't been paying very much attention to its money purse. Was it her fault the Ny'vene's purse string cut to close to her little stilletto blade? Anyhow, it hadn't returned either, she could never tell the species of scalys anyway; no glands. She hoped that if the cap'n called her over it would be AFTER his lighira companion shook the rain out of his pelt.
Edited By Harleyc on 3/3/2017 at 2:59 PM.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 3:07 PM Post #5
Not wishing to drench the other occupants of the rather crowded tavern Byrd decided to tough it out and let his fur dry on its own. As he took his place next to the old bulbori he looked around, there were no other lighira here. He hadn't expected there to be, likely most of the sylesti in this tavern had never seen one in their life. The last time Byrd had seen another of his kind had been something like six years ago, and that had been halfway around the world.

He turned his attention to the bulbori. This was definitely a sailor that was easy enough to tell. He hoped he was right in assuming that the old buck was here scouting for crew, after all he was eying every fit young individual who seemed to fit the mold of a potential sailor. The real question was whether he was that kind of sailor.
Edited By Deidriel on 3/3/2017 at 4:11 PM.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 3:13 PM Post #6
Garvin "Gar"~male~ The North Star

"I dont be knowin' laddie can ye join me merry crew? Ye got th' guts to gut a whale straight from th' rum like he was a wee fish? Can ye count th' stars, or be tellin' th' tide?" The bulbori nearly growled hating to have been so easily confronted.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 3:23 PM Post #7
Byrd could see the old buck had quite the temper on him, good a captain of his stature could always use a little extra fire. "I was hoping ya would say somethin like that. I can do all o' that and more, used ta be first mate on a vessel on the seas o' da far east."

The bulbori looked at him rather incredulously.

"I might not sound it ta you, but I been a sailor my whole life. I just ain't from round here is all."
Tundrafire
Level 61
The Tender
Threads: 44
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 6:54 PM Post #8

The rain pelted down heavily on the small Zolnixi, her mostly dark themed fur clinging to her body as her three tails and her feathers were weighed down by the water that clung to her. Her goal was to get to the tavern, at least until the storm passed. She spotted the building and trotted through the door, taking a moment to shake of the water, ignoring the complaints of those near her. They were not of any importance anyway.

With bright grey eyes, the female, who went by the name of Druid, walked further in, finding a seat in the drier, warmer part of the tavern. Her tails curled around her, waving slightly to try and dry off faster.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 11:26 PM Post #9
Garvin "Gar"~ male~ The North Star

"If ye've be a scurvy pirate all ye life then be tellin' me which one 'o these scalawags be fit fer me a crew." The buck said cocking both of his ears up in attention. Of course he himself knew just who he was going to pick but if this scurvy land lover could least get one right it was good enough to be a part of The North Star's crew.
Deidriel
Level 63
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/3/2017 at 11:41 PM Post #10
Byrd looked around the tavern, one individual in particular caught his eye.

"I don't know bout you but, the little pickpocket over there seems to hav er eye on ya."

He continued searching and landed on a rather rambunctious little vixen.

"And there, the green eyed vixen. I'd wager she'd not object to the idea. I doubt she's a local an, anyways places like dis don't get tourists much."
Edited By Deidriel on 3/3/2017 at 11:50 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.