Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 2:33 AM Post #101
I have extended the Festival through January 15th for now.

I know everyone is wondering where Snow Wars is. I'm really sorry... I've just had a lot things to deal with lately it's making it hard to find time to work. =\

I am still working on it though and it's getting there. The 'core' of the game functions as of now and atm I'm kinda tying all of the pieces together so that it'd be a fluid experience to play through. Once I can get that wrapped up, I will probably just release it for everyone and then tweak and improve it from there.

So I'm hoping by another day, maybe a couple of days, and then I can release it. I basically have two major things to add until I can release it: Boosts and Scripting. I'm working on Boosts right now and will try to get them 100% functional before I'm done tonight. And then I'll just have to write some scripts so that it's a friendly experience for players. Atm, you'd literally have to spam refresh the page to ever know if your opponent took their turn. =P

Obviously, that wouldn't work lol.

So again. I greatly appreciate your patience and as I stated at the very beginning... just be patient. I'll make sure everyone has plenty of time to enjoy everything. =)

I hope everyone has enjoyed or is enjoying their Holiday Break and hopefully in just a few more days, you'll be able to start enjoying Snow Wars throughout the rest of the month of January (probably)!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 2:36 AM Post #102
We have faith in you, Krin.
Thrackerzod
Level 68
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 2:40 AM Post #103
You can do it! You will kick its butt!
MourningLily
Level 65
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 59
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 2:42 AM Post #104
Thanks for the update Krin! Take your time - we know it will be more than worth the wait ;)

And a fest extension is suhweeet music to my ears <3
Edited By MourningLily on 1/5/2017 at 2:43 AM.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 2:50 AM Post #105
Thanks SOOOOOO very much for the update Krin.

May I ask something in regards to the code, boosts, and scripting? I'm still rather confused about how it all works to place in features to already ongoing/functional games or systems, is there anything that I could maybe read to get a better understanding of this? Please don't rush a reply to my question can wait.

I sure can't wait to see this, and I look forward to it.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 3:10 AM Post #106
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=41985&page=11#105
Author: LDDarcWolf
Time Posted: 1/5/2017 at 2:50 AM
Thanks SOOOOOO very much for the update Krin.

May I ask something in regards to the code, boosts, and scripting? I'm still rather confused about how it all works to place in features to already ongoing/functional games or systems, is there anything that I could maybe read to get a better understanding of this? Please don't rush a reply to my question can wait.

I sure can't wait to see this, and I look forward to it.

Well, everything you 'see' on any webpage is code translated by your browser into what you see. You can easily see this code by using your browser's 'Inspect Element' or 'Debug Mode' or 'Developer's Tools', whatever it may be called. For example, using Chrome, here is a snippet from this very webpage:

"Code" is just essentially the language that I "write" that your browser interprets to produce what you visually see on each webpage. So, it's all code. Everything is coded and written at some point.

For the features (you mentioned Boosts), that's just me describing what I'm doing in simple words. I'm still coding though and writing everything from scratch. There's no magical book or source anywhere that tells me how to apply Boosts to a game of Snow Wars. =P So I just use what I know and the tools I have to come up with my own code that does what I want it to do. In this specific instance, I need to code an area that displays all of the available Boosts (the little cards that you'll collect or buy), then lets you select one, then lets you select the Unit you want to use the Boost on, then allows you to submit your request, then processes the request server side to update the database with what you did so that it's reflected back onto what you see and into all of the algorithms server-side to run the game. But all of this is accomplished by me writing hundreds/thousands of lines of code.

For the scripts, I'm specifically referring to Javascript, which is another coding language but functions differently from the server-side code. Javascript is client-side which means your actual browser runs and parses the code, not our server. Javascript is used to make things more user friendly, animated, responsive, etc.

So what I need to do is write a script that will cycle every, say 5 seconds, to check if anything in the game is different and if so, send a request to the server for the new data so that it can update your game board. Otherwise, you'll just sit there forever staring at a static screen until you manually reload the page, which would be incredibly unfriendly and annoying.

Additional features I'll have to script are a countdown timer so players have to take their turn within a certain amount of time, some sort of feedback so you can 'see' what transpired in the past turn, and some other random things that I can't think of right now.

I don't know, does that help to explain it? Lol.
Sapphirethemage
Level 66
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 74
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 4:05 AM Post #107
Work at your own pace. Please don't over work yourself just because snow wars. I can wait longer if I need to.
Flarethedragon
Level 0
Threads: 0
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 6:06 AM Post #108
Good luck.
AuroWander
Level 74
The Hallowed
Threads: 16
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 6:50 AM Post #109
This is incredible. I tried coding once, I just kinda face planted. This it's really incredible what you're making and what youve made, so thank you for everything
Ocean3287
Level 18
Threads: 18
Posted: 1/5/2017 at 7:05 AM Post #110
OK that clears it up. I'm sure we all understand completely and trust that you can get it done. We all are excited for snow wars and cant wait for it to come out ad we are glad you hear that it's being worked on and working on making its way out.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.