Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 4:54 PM Post #1
The object of this game is to create an original spooky tale! There is a catch though...you must use the following keywords somewhere in your story! :)

Rules

1. Create your own spooky story using the following words somewhere in your tale. You must use all of the keywords somewhere in your story.

Ghostly Wails
Poisoned Apple
Quirky Qitari
Lurking Mummy
Friendly Witch
Chilling Wind
Haunting Echoes
Gloomy Gravestone
Terrifying Howl
Masked Figure

2. After you have written the story using all of the provided keywords come back and post your story in this thread. Please try and keep your story to a maximum of 1000 words and if you could help me out please bold the areas of your story that include the keywords. :)

3. Please try and keep your story PG13 rated, so nothing that would be deemed inappropriate for Sylestia.

4. The due date for this is at the conclusion of the 2016 Fall Festival.

Prizes

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as a participation prize for everyone that participates. Everyone that participates will receive the forum title: Fright Master
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 6:03 PM Post #2
Jack oLantern

It smiled eerily up at her, its jagged teeth fiery orange and glowing. Its eyes, ever glaring a grin, seemed to bear mischief on torn wings and silently cry ghostly wails. The little girl could not move. She could not tear her frightened eyes from the beast before her. Like a poisoned apple it drew her into a wakeful slumber. With every passing second she was waiting for it to make the first move, but it sat ever so still and ever so quietly as the clock hands raced up and down.

There was a chilling wind passing through the trees, perhaps it was the frozen, jagged, iron teeth of a vampire taking flight. It gnawed on the little girls fingers, toes, ears, and nose. Disrupting the haunting echos it carried on thin fingers was a terrifying howl from the distance Yet the longer she stared into the eyes of the beast, the less aware she became of her surroundings. A lurking mummy watched from afar, and a quirky qitari approached eerily in the shadows. Minutes crept by in the dark with claws extended. The black fog grew thicker and the blood moon drew nearer, cloaking the masked figure and its evil smirk.

The beast grins at the little girl. It tempts her to lean in closer. What is making me glow, darling? It injected curiosity into her veins like venom. Silence became a shriek, darkness became blinding. The cloaked figure from behind soon loomed over the her. Not even a friendly witch could have saved the child from her fate A gloomy gravestone soon to be placed fresh in musky October soil. The figure raised its arms, sleeves drooping just enough to reveal skeletal limbs. And with a SNAP! the little girl was crushed in its embrace and taken into a shadowy world only monsters can find.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 6:42 PM Post #3
The tadpole looked up with her eyes so bright as she pulled on herFriendly Witch costume. "Will I get many treats?" she asked the Masked Figure beside her. The figure nodded and looked out into the night. "If you are lucky little one, if you are lucky". The tadpole smiled with glee as she left with the figure to walk the streets filled with other trick-or-treaters.

The night drew long, and the Chilling Wind touched the young vorpas skin through her outfit. She looked troubled, to the figure she was walking beside as he put his hand out. "Wait child" he spoke quietly. "Do you hear that?" The pair stopped and looked at one another as a Terrifying Howl echoed across the valley.

"Come with me".. said the masked figure, leading the child into the graveyard. Fog rose ominously off the ground and wrapped around the Gloomy Gravestones. The young tadpole trembled, looking from behind her older brother. She gasped as she saw the Lurking Mummy in the shadows and she screams ducking behind the masked figure. "Help!" she said in a terrified voice. Ghostly Wails surrounded them in all directions, as the pair clung to one another, both looking frightened.

When suddenly something leaped in front of them, a cloaked Quirky Qitari wielding a Poisoned Apple staff came waving a magic spell over the area. And with one fell swoop, the green gas consumed the ghosts, sweeping them up and carrying them off all that was left were the Haunting Echoes of their cries of surprise.

Blinking a few times the vorpa siblings looked to one another their hearts racing.. Before both of them started laughing at the trick their Qitari friend had played...
Edited By Starline on 10/28/2016 at 6:55 PM.
Dragonheart115
Level 59
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 20
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 6:58 PM Post #4
The Haunted Woods by Dragonheart 115

Once there was a Quirky Qitari Who liked to visit a Friendly Witch. But the friendly witch had to move because well, let's just say this witch wasn't the bravest witch in the hut because she saw a masked figure and a few minutes after he left, she heard ghostly wails of a girl and she certainly didn't wanna be killed too.But she forgot to tell the QITARI!!!

So the qitari went to find the witch's house but he got lost because she moved.He thought if he didn,t get out of there soon, a gloomy gravestone would be in his place. He let out a terrifying howl that the witch far far away even heard. She wondered if that was her friend. So she teleported near her house to find him.

While he didn't realize it, lurking mummy was watching him and the witch with his mummy friend. The witch heard haunting echoes in the woods. Just as the witch was about to eat a poisoned apple to end her scared and lonely life and the qitari about to give in to the chilling wind they both bump into each other from behind. They gave a loud scream and realize they had found each other and hugged each other and found the exit together.

THE END
Edited By Dragonheart115 on 10/28/2016 at 10:18 PM.
Loveroanimals
Level 60
Threads: 23
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:12 PM Post #5
I'm a bit rusty with writing, hope it's not horrible. :p

In a graveyard off to the far east of the Quirky Qitari tourist shop stands a masked figure. They stand before a gloomy gravestone marked with the name "Trisha". Underneath, it says
"Hear lies Trisha, a friendly witch that was killed heartlessly with a poisoned apple".
They stood there for a bit longer until a chilling wind blew past. They wrapped their arms around them-self, and walked on. While the ghostly wails and haunting echoes would have scared anyone into a mad dash, the masked figure stayed calm.
Once they neared the gate, they heard a terrifying howl, and turned to the direction of the sound. What they saw was a lurking mummy, limping towards them. Now, if you where in this situation, you would have ran with the speed of sound out of the graveyard, probably never visiting the graveyard again.
But, this strange masked figure ran up to the mummy, and pulled it in to a tight hug.
"Oh, I never thought I'd see you again! I was just about to give up and leave forever, but you're here!" They buried their face into the mummy, which pat their back in return.
"I'm so glad to see you missed me, and you never gave up on me. Thank you." They let the mummy go, and walked back to the gate.
"You're welcome! Come on, let's go home Trisha!" They grabbed the mummies' hand and ran off, full of glee.
Logei
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 23
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:29 PM Post #6
Nina and Kayla were going to a Halloween party, and wanted to dress up. Nina dressed as a quirky Qitari , and Kayla dressed as a friendly witch . When Kayla and Nina got to the place where the party was being held, the chilling wind seeped into their bones. The mansion the party was being held at, was surrounded by gloomy gravestones . When they walked in they were offered an apple, the lurking mummy was saying they were poisoned apples . "This Halloween party is scarier than imagined." Kayla thought. Which was true. There was masked figures , ghostly wails , terrifying howls , and haunting echoes . Though Kayla and Nina's friends came to meet them, then suddenly everything was much happier! Nina and Kayla danced all night to music, and had lots of fun!
AsteriaRuneflower
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 52
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:42 PM Post #7
A terrifying howl screams through the night. Kita jumped. she was frightened of walking out in the dark woods by herself. she stopped in her tracks and took a look around. noticing she wasn't where she thought she was. a glooming gravestone loomed in the darkness with a cold, menacing vibe. "Here lies the unpleasant soul of the mysterious Masked Figure." she read. a chilling wind blew through her hair. she decides to continue on the path. "the cottage must be around here somewhere" she murmured. she looked again at the map thinking she might have taken a wrong turn at some point.

" oh dangit! I was suppose to take a left!" she shouts and turns around. what she didnt know was that there was a lurking mummy in the bushes behind her. slowly stepping closer and closer. it's low moans catch her ear and she runs away screaming."what kind of people live in a cottage around here??" she stopped to take a breath and ran on. finally the cottage was in sight. a quirky quitari stood in the fence by the house. she hurried to the door. "please let me in! i'm here. Please! there's monsters out here!"

the door creaks open and a friendly witch glimmers back at her. "oh hello there deary! glad you could make it. now I thank you so much for taking the job to watch my home while i'm gone. of course it'll only be 3 days. call me if you get too scared okay? oh and don't touch my poisoned apples dear" the witch packs up a suitcase and her broom and zips into the night sky.

3 scary nights in a witches cottage what could be worse? she thought. she shivered and headed up towards the bedroom after she locked all the doors. the house creaked with haunting echoes and ghostly wails that made her uneasy."okay first night is almost done. just need to get some sleep." she whispered to herself.

"oh but the night has just begun..." creaked the house. *fade to black*
Percypjopiper
Level 72
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 172
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:50 PM Post #8
This was based off of my avi dress up thing https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=40370&page=2#12:
The word that are italic are the ghosts thoughts.

They have taken what was rightfully mine. You have taken my life. Revenge will be taken. I will get what I want. After all I am a vengeful ghost!

To understand why I am vengeful you must learn about what happened the day of my death.
"Run the Masked Figure is following us!!" I whisper harshly to my friend.
"Wait I need a rest I can't run anymore!" She says, panting.
"Fine," I rub my arms as I finally feel the Chilling Winds. "But hurry it is really cold."
"OK I am good now." She says getting shakily to her feet and stumbling into a run after me.
We end up in a dark graveyard. I skid to a stop and scan my surroundings.
"What?" My friend says breathlessly. "Why are we stopping?"
"Shhh," I warn "Do you hear that?"
"Hear what? I don't here anything!" She whisper shouts then stops seeing the expression on my face.
As I listen carefully I hear Haunting Echoes and tons of whispering voices, angry voices. A shiver goes down my spine as I think about how they got there. I move to walk around a Gloomy Gravestone and shriek as a I see a disheveled corpse.
"Are you ok?" My friend said as she rounded the grave stone, and gulped as she saw the corpse. "We should go. Like really go."
As we turn to go the Masked Figure appeared on his Quirky Qitari. I had once laughed about that horse but now that is was staring at me full on 6 feet tall and 400 pounds I didn't see why I would think he was funny. The qitari reared up as he brought his hoof down on my friends head. She lets out a Terrifying Howl as she crumples to the floor and goes limp. (Sorry is this pg 13?)
Rage filled me as I ran forward pulling off the mans mask. I gasped in horror as I realize I know this guy. He is....he is....oh my gosh "Dad?" I whisper is a soft voice. A tear trickling down my cheek.
He gave me a toothy grin as he moves closer. I take an involuntary step toward him and in a flash something appeared in his hand and I see a burst of red and everything goes black.
As I start to resurface I hear millions of Ghostly Wails. Dad I think and go under again. When I finally wake up I notice that I am in my childhood home. In walks my Dad and a feeling of revenge runs though me I ran at him and screamed in his face, bt when I tried to hit him my hand went right though his face.
I look down at my hand and gasp. "No," I whisper to myself. This couldn't be happening!! "NO!!" I shrieked and collapsed on the ground. This couldn't be happening! I was a ghost.

10 years have past but have no fear I will get revenge.

I have walked, walked and walked. Ten years of searching and finally I saw a witches hut though the thinning of the woods. I stumble to the door and opened it.
In the room were tons of poisons, potions, animal skins and other mythical plants, Standing at a huge brewing pot was a witch. From what I have heard she was a Friendly Witch. She was famous for the "Lurking Mummy" prank that she had done a few years ago.
I march purposefully to her and said, "I need your help killing the Masked Figer"
"Well," The witch cackled. "Won't that be great." She said not looking up.
"Yep and you will help me." I say confidently.
"What make you so sure." She says turning her full attention on me.
I pause thinking over my plan and go on. "I will be willing to ay any price for your help."
"Any?"
"Yep!"
"Alright I require your beauty and your soul." She cackled. "You change your mind now Hun?"
"No!" I say forcefully. "I will not be able to rest in peace if this is not done."
"Very well." The Witch said looking at me admiringly. "I like your confidence."
"Does that mean you won't take my soul?" I ask hopefully.
"Nope." Now let me get my potion only be a minute.
I sit in one of the chairs and wait. In a few minutes she was done and was walking over to me. "Here." She says handing me an apple.
"Gee thanks but I am not hungry." I say shoving the apple back into the Witch's hand.
"No you idiot it is a Poisoned Apple it should help you with your problem just put it in with is breakfast."
"Thank you." I rasp.
"Your soul and beauty will come straight to me after you have finished you task and now off with you." She whips her cloak and disappears.
I slip the apple in his breakfast and watch in satisfaction as the apple falls to the floor.
I smile for the first time in years, and the world disappears.

You see now we always get our way. So never treat anyone with disrespect or else you might end up like the Masked Figure!

Sorry my story was just a very creepy way of telling people Karma comes back for you so don't do anything bad to other people because it might come back at you!
DjDoty
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 16
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:52 PM Post #9
I kinda stink at writing stories (which is really obvious) but I really want that title so here goes nothing...

Once upon a time, there was a Quirky Qitari. By quirky, I mean he was missing a thumb. He didn't mind it that much but it did make hitchhiking that much more difficult. This Qitari searched some Gloomy Gravestones to eat a Poisoned Apple. His mother always taught him that some extra roughage won't kill you. Does poison count as roughage? Well you have to remember, this Qitari is quirky. Once he found his poison apple, he ate it. Soon he become very lightheaded and felt faint due to the poison. He collapsed only to remember barely seeing the silhouette of what looked like a Lurking Mummy making Ghostly Wails. When he awoke, he found himself in a strange and dark room. There was a Chilling Wind in the air as he heard the Haunting Echoes of a Terrifying Howl. His temple was sweating and his heart beat as he could only freeze as a blurry Masked Figure walked towards him chanting some weird numbers and letters. "AH! Are you casting a spell on me??" the Qitari yelped. The Masked Figure replied, "No, it's the wifi password. I'm not a savage you know. You nearly took a turn for the worst eating that poison apple. But now, I've made you all better. See? I'm a Friendly Witch." The Qitari was relieved, "Oh good, that means you'll be able to help me find my way home then?" "Can do!" The witch replied. And the Qitari lived happily ever after... until he got married.

The moral of this story? Don't eat poisoned apples! They are hazardous to your health! Sidenote: I got to DJ at a Halloween party so that was awesome! Good nigh' everybody. :)

- AtomicRift
Edited By AtomicRift on 10/28/2016 at 7:55 PM.
Wildeagle
Level 60
Fright Master
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 7:58 PM Post #10
The chilling wind cut down to the bones, leaving the qitari shivering beside the gloomy gravestone. The quirky qitari had thought the idea of visiting the graveyard on Halloween would be quite an adventure. Nevertheless, now the young qitari was stuck with an unconscious friend who had eaten a poisoned apple.

The qitari looked around, searching for someone who might be able to help her and her friend. A terrifying howl rang out once, twice, thrice and the qitari cowered against her friend, wishing for the morkko was still awake.

Do you need some help? A voice called from behind the qitari. The qitari leapt into the air, spinning around her hind hooves.

Whos there? She stuttered out, rearing on her hind legs to strike out at any enemy coming towards her and her friend.

Just me, a masked figure said, seeming to suddenly appear from the darkness. You look like you need help. My home is not far from here, I may be able to help your friend as well.

The qitaris light blue eyes looked warily at the figure. Can you save him? He ate a poisoned apple.

Ill see what I can do, I believe I have an antidote in a cupboard at home, the human replied, somehow managing to pick up the heavy morkko.

Thank you, the qitari eventually said when they reached the humans hut. The human hummed in response and rummaged about in a cupboard, leaving the morkko on the table. The human had finally taken off her mask, and it was clear that she was a witch.

Im glad I could help, the friendly witch replied. Moments later, she was leaning over the morkko and dropping a potion down the big animals throat. He should wake up soon.

A moment or so later, the morrko blinked and jerked upright in a sudden manner. Cleo? He called out, searching for his friend.

Down here! The qitari, Cleo, replied. How are you feeling?

I have an upset stomach, the morrko replied, seeming to finally be taking in his surroundings. The last thing I remember was eating an apple.

The apple was poisoned Alex, and you know better than to eat food off the ground!

The witch laughed softly, startling the two sylesti, It is good to see such friendship, she laughed.

Cleo smiled softly and Alex clambered onto the ground. Thank you for helping Alex, Cleo said in gratitude.

Its alright, he wouldve awoken eventually with a very terrible fever, but he wouldve been fine, the witch consoled. Now, off you go, Im sure you have things to do.

Cleo followed Alex outside, It was a terrible idea to go to a graveyard at night, and Im never doing it again.

Alex laughed, I believe it was your idea, he responded.

Was not, Cleo grunted, sticking out her tongue at Alex.

Anyway, at least we didnt meet any ghosts, Alex replied, You know, considering its Halloween and everything.

Cleo stood still and stared at the morkko, You did not just say that, she whispered in the dead still of the forest.

Alexs face contorted in a confused expression, What do you mean?

You just jinxed us, Cleo moaned, Were going to see a ghost, were going to be haunted, and were both going to die, and its all your fault.

Alexs face fell, I didnt mean too.

I know, Cleo comforted, but isnt one almost-death enough for a night?

Something rustled nearby and Cleo moved closer to Alex. Im sorry, Alex said, a reassuring presence at Cleos side.

There was another second of silence before ghostly wails shredded the silence with ease. Cleo whined; a high-pitched noise that broke through the unnerving sounds. Ill protect you, Alex shouted over the noise.

Cleo nodded, eyes wide in fright, Ill try to watch your back, she stammered. The pair took off at a run, leaping over bushes and fallen trees. The noises were now coming from around them, and the haunting echoes werent helping. The pair leapt over a final fallen log and raced into the open meadow, only to see something that had been waiting for them.

The moon slipped out from behind the clouds, casting a single beam of moonlight down onto the lurking mummy. Cleo skidded to a stop, Alex pulling up beside her. The pair attempted to turn around, only to see ghostly apparitions coming out of the forest behind them.

Cleo leapt forward, Alex following her moments later. The pair swept past the bandaged mummy, its hands briefly touching their backs. Alex and Cleo both startled, letting out a yell as they plunged further into the darkness.

Alex stumbled, slipped, and fell into a ditch. Cleo spun around and raced back to where the morkko had fallen. Alex was getting to his feet, but Cleo could tell he was in pain. Go on without me, Alex told the trembling qitari.

Im not leaving you, not now and not ever, Cleo said in reply, despite the fact she was shaking in fright. Youre my friend.

There was a sudden noise and Cleo leapt into the ditch beside Alex, prepared to face the danger together. The pair turned their heads up as the mummy looked down on them from the ground level. The ghosts were surrounding their ditch, leaving them with no way out.

However, the sun was rising from behind the mummy and its golden rays stretched out to protect the sylesti. The mummy screamed, a terrible noise, and burst into dust. Cleo and Alex leant into each other as the ghosts disappeared from their view as well.

Lets never go out on an adventure at night, Alex eventually said.

Agreed, Cleo replied, her trembling stopping as she soaked up the suns warmth.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.