Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2016 Fall Festival - Spooky Stories
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Skywright
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 8
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 8:06 PM Post #11
In a land far, far away the echoes of ghostly wails eerily bounce across the dreary landscape. The haunting echoes of times long since passed. Those who visit shudder as a chilling wind blows across the landscape. Dark trees looming as leaves blow across a once used path. They say a dark figure, tall and seemingly monstrous will appear with a terrifying howl. The masked figure will lead you astray, far from the path you started on. If you follow the apparition you will find yourself standing in front of a single gloomy gravestone. Like a soft melody you will hear laughter as a nostalgic tune softly starts from nowhere. Stepping closer you remember a time where there were people and creatures of all species making merry in the orange glow of jack-o-lanterns. It has been years since a quirky qitaris laugh could ring out unhindered as a friendly witch would gather poisoned apples for the Hallow Eve festival. To the side would be a lurking mummy content with watching the festivities and happily enjoying the company of friends and family. A tear slides down your face grief for the long passed friends capturing and holding your heart. The land once a place of celebration and fun, now reduced to hollow images of the dead. The last of your friends a guardian to this place, abhorred as a monster and known falsely as evil. You cant stand the despair and you hate this ghostly place. Unable to bear the negative pressure you call for the figure, hoping to leave the once known land. He does not come. A cold dread builds in your heartand you remember. You remember it all. The reason why this place is abandoned, why no one sets foot on the twisting pathways. The grave. That single, solitary grave. It isnt the qitaris or the witches, it doesnt belong to the mummy or the masked figure. It is yours. You are the one who died so long ago. Whose death cursed the land and drove away the people. The masked figure does not guard the land, he guards you and your resting place. He waits year after year for your shade to appear, hoping one day to earn your forgiveness, to release you from your pain and sadness, to show you that they still care, that you have company and will never be alone. It doesnt work. You are bound to the land in a continuous cycle of relearning the past. He means well, but love isnt the answer, forgiveness cannot free you. And every time you remember, every time you have the keyyou disappear doomed to forget for another year, another cycle. It is too bad that as you remember the night fades away to day and you go back to your partial rest. To wail your despair and betrayal for all to hear until you can fully wake up remember and then fade again.
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 8:17 PM Post #12
now this is based on a true story and other stories i'v heard or to be procesis i read
a hunting tale
there was once a Quirky Qitari that lived in a graveyard she was a shy qitari so she often went for walks in the woods one day on one of her walks she met a roriy believed to be able to summon ghosts after the roriy made friends and talked with the qitari she smiled to herself she had something up her sleeve but what?

the next day was spokey when she woke up she heard Ghostly Wails and a Terrifying Howl and felt a Chilling Wind and when she walked out of the little cave at the edge and saw a Lurking Mummy with a Masked Figure when a Friendly Witch came and offered the masked figure a Poisoned Apple when she heard Haunting Echoes from behind a Gloomy Gravestone when she looked bhind the gloomy gravestone she saw her friend the roriy he had planed it all the mummy was her owner dressed in bandage and the masked figure was a roriy too the end
Banzai
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 32
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 8:17 PM Post #13
This Halloween night, the Headless Horseman was riding atop a Quirky Qitari he noticed a Masked Figure standing there in the distance. The Headless Horseman charged at it as the figure moved swiftly. From the bushes afar from the fight a Friendly Witch is watching while she was chomping down on an apple. She did not know that the apple was a Poisoned Apple. Once she swallowed the first bite, she began to hear Ghostly Wails echo in her head. She fell to the ground as the Chilling Wind blew past her.

The Headless Horseman heard this and looked at the witch on the ground. He and his Qitari got to her and made her a Gloomy Gravestone with the words: "Ha ha! I fooled you and took your life! For my fight with the lonely figure was fake! Happy Halloween! Mawhahahha! I hope you liked the apple I bought you for it was poisoned!"

Suddenly something appeared behind the Headless Horseman as he was almost done writing on the gravestone. He looked back and saw a Lurking Mummy and it grabbed onto him. The Headless Horseman quickly jumped and got atop of his Qitari! They both ran off hearing the Haunting Echoes of the forest that night. They finally got to a stopping point as they saw another figure. The figure of an animal as it lets out a Terrifying Howl. The Qitari gets scared and jerks the Headless Horseman off as he falls off of his ride as the Qitari screeched and galloped and it stepped on the Headless Horseman, killing him instantly as the howling animal walked off into the shadows.

The Headless Horseman was on the ground as the Qitari ran off somewhere to be safe from this Halloween night.
Edited By Banzai on 10/28/2016 at 8:21 PM.
Luna85echo
Level 34
Threads: 23
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 9:08 PM Post #14
Well, i can't bold the words, but i'm sure you'll like the story!)

Once upon a time, in a small town, in The Umbra Forest , a girl was getting ready for All Hallows Eve. Her name was Melody, because her voice made her seem like she was singing. She was dressed up as a Friendly Witch, her older brother, Dakota, was a Lurking Mummy. Once they were ready, they went out to get their Quirky Quitari. Once they started off on their hunt, they could feel the Chilling Wind. They went to the first house on their street, Ghostly Wails could be heard from inside. They knocked on the door, the door opened, and a Masked Figure showed up. "Trick or Treat!" Melody sang to the figure, and the figure gave her a few pieces of candy and an... apple? Well, Melody loves apples, so she smiled and went on their way. After 2 houses, they came upon a house that had a Gloomy Gravestone. As they knocked on the door, a Terrifying Howl echoed from the door. Melody whimpered. Once they were finished with that house, they went to the next one, Haunting Echoes erupted from the house. After they got the candy from the Echoing house, they went home. As soon as they got home, Melody started to eat her apple, when they found out it was a Poisoned Apple! "Oh no!" Melody exclaimed after taking the first bite. The inside was all black! But it tasted like an apple. Soon they came to a conclusion that it really wasn't poisoned and they laughed and All Hallows Eve was better than ever! The End.

The used words:
Ghostly Wails
Poisoned Apple
Quirky Qitari
Lurking Mummy
Friendly Witch
Chilling Wind
Haunting Echoes
Gloomy Gravestone
Terrifying Howl
Masked Figure
Bsw
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 10:20 PM Post #15

Demona, a girl that was kind of heart and as beautiful as the roses in bloom that she was picking at the edges of the dark forest near her home while a lurking mummy watched from behind a crooked tree. She had always admired dragons from afar until one day, one saved her from a devious demon who offered her a poisoned apple that was enchanted by a friendly witch. Then from a patch of gloomy gravestones a creature leapt as a chilling wind blew. With a terrifying howl the masked figure removed its hood revealing a quirky qitari. It was of black and purple scales and eyes the color of blood, but kind of heart just like she was. When all of the sudden in a sudden explosion of fog she hears a roar and when the fog cleared and knocked the demon back into the forest as its cry gave off haunting echoes hung in the air. She begged the dragon to tell her its name and for it to stay with her. The dragon told her that its name was Deladon. And then he spoke again "My dear Demona, alas I cannot stay here with you for the people of your town would drive me away out of fright. I must go now but you can always call me in the dark of the night here by the moon's light but only on all hallows eve. If you try any other time the summoning spell will backfire with horrendous consequences. So my dear please wait for all hallows eve to call me." She nodded and hugged him before he flew off into the night. The next month she missed her new friend so, and tried to summon him. But the spell backfired just as he had told her, with ghostly wails it turned her from kindhearted beauty to a beauty born of a dark heart and greed. Dragons the color of purple and black scales surrounded her and she became Demona the Dark as the color her eyes changed to that of blood and her clothes from gold to black and purple to become a minion of the dark dragons of the forest forever. (I got the inspiration from my avatar dressup)
Edited By Blackshadowwolf on 11/20/2016 at 7:54 PM.
Rikaheart
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 11:47 PM Post #16
Reserved
Zelly
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 55
Posted: 10/29/2016 at 12:34 AM Post #17
Tale of the Lighthouse Ghost

Under the soft light of the pale moon, stands a foreboding tower of grey. It juts up from the jagged rocks like a looming silhouette. The walls are worn by the waters that dash it, the staircase within rusted by salt and time. Chilling wind whistled through the empty panes that crested the stones, but could not blow out the light.

Snowball gazed up at the aging lighthouse uneasily. When Agatha said she wanted to lay flowers and pay respects to the lost, Snowball had pictured how eerie the local cemetery must be at this hour of night. The thought had sent a chill through her coat, but Miss Agatha was old and frail. Naturally she had insisted on coming along to protect her!

She was beginning to think her companion quite lost, when the old woman approached the base of the building, only to be surprised by the presence of a gloomy gravestone, engulfed by the shadow of the very structure it stood next to. There Agatha placed a handful of white lilies upon the stone marked by the name of Marlene. A terrifying howl cut Snowball's curiosity about whom the grave belonged to, as she let out a startled yelp.

Fortunately for the puff, it was merely a mischievous lupora, trying to frighten a friend she had dared to walk up to the spooky old lighthouse. The friend, a quirky qitari, only kicked up her heels, jingling the princess bracelets that adorned them, and let out a laugh. "Come on, scaredy cat!" She called out to their third friend, a heavily costumed vulnyx. The lurking mummy seemed to be having more than a bit of trouble seeing where he was going, and grumbled the entire way.

Dratted trick-or-treaters! Snowball watched disapprovingly, as the trio came over to join them. "Arr, this be haunted waters, ye landlubbers!" Piped up the lupora, from under her eyepatch. Agatha only smiled at the young Sylesti. "My, my, what costumes. I'm afraid I don't have any treats for you out here, though." The qitari beamed at the compliment, striking a pose.

"Where's your costume?" The vulnyx quipped at Snowball, who merely scoffed in response. "Can't you see? My human here's a witch, and I am her assistant." The trio peered up at the elderly woman, in her robe and shawl, satchels of herbs tied around her waist. "Oh! Is she a friendly witch?" The qitari queried, which Snowball ignored.

"Well, I may not have any treats I can give you.. but perhaps you'd like to hear a story?" Agatha mused, ignoring the exasperated look she received from Snowball. This creepy place was hardly the place to sit down and have story time! Unfortunately for Snowball, that's just what Agatha proceeded to do. "This grave belongs to the daughter of the lighthouse keeper. This, is her story."

Agatha told the tale of a young woman named Marlene, who had fallen in love with a sailor, two hundred years ago. The sailor, named Johan, was a charming fellow, captivated by the free spirited lass who always waited by the lamp to guide him safely to shore. They were quite happy together, blissfully unaware of the jealousy of another. Myra had been a close friend of Marlene when they were children, but now, she quite resented her happiness with Johan, whom Myra had her own eye on.

The day would come that Johan would set back out to sea, with Marlene waiting for his return. Marlene was enchanted when a mysterious masked figure, showed up with a package, claiming to have been sent by Johan, to deliver in his absence. She had no reason to be suspicious of the poisoned apple in her package of sweets.

The haunting echoes of the lighthouse keeper's cries rang out into the night. So consumed was he in his grief for his only daughter's untimely demise, that he let the lamp stay dark. He burried Marlene beside the lighthouse, so that her spirit could gaze at the sea, just as she so often had in life. Johan never came back from his trip, for the lamp was not there to light the way. His ship ran against the rocks, as many a ship would after it. Soon after, the keeper would move away.

Myra was devastated to see what she had done. Her fit of jealousy had caused her to poison her friend, to doom Johan and the sailors, and to devastate the town. Myra's secret was only her own, but it was a heavy burden to keep. Many would try to re-open the lighthouse, but fail. They told of ghostly wails, and strange apparitions.

Years went by, and Myra grew old. Her secret was now her own poison, eating away at her. As her health ailed, Myra sent a letter to a old woman in her little seaside town. Some folks said she was a witch. She confessed her crimes to the witch, and pled with her to help free the trapped spirit of Marlene, whom she believed to still haunt the abandoned lighthouse. The witch told her that such a task was not an easy one. Marlene's ghost mourned not only for Johan, but for every sailor who had never come home. The only way to release her, would be to take up her post.

That night, the witch held out her hands at the lighthouse, and a glowing orb floated inside, bringing the lamp to life. The sailors ghosts turned their gaze in unison, finally seeing the shore. The wails within the lighthouse walls faded, as Marlene's spirit rushed to meet Johan's along the rocks below. "You have in death, what I took from you in life." From behind the light, Myra's spirit watched them fade away. Trapped, she would keep this light glowing forever.

"So the light still burns, young ones." Agatha mused, an eerie flame rising from her palms. "And every ten years, I stop by.. to keep it that way."

Ghostly Wails
Poisoned Apple
Quirky Qitari
Lurking Mummy
Friendly Witch
Chilling Wind
Haunting Echoes
Gloomy Gravestone
Terrifying Howl
Masked Figure
Edited By Zelly on 10/29/2016 at 12:50 AM.
Annas
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/29/2016 at 1:51 AM Post #18
Hallows Eve

Quirky Qitari, swinging tail side to side,
A joke such a night as this,
With fake scares, and cheap spooks,
Neither frighten a mind steeled from such.
But Hallows Night brings in more
Then plastic costumes and cotton armour.

A chilling wind brought in hallows eve.
A night of glee, an night of fear,
Haunting echoes accost ears to bleed,
Like blood in water,
To ghostly wails of a child always lost,
And the cries of a mother always searching.

A friendly witch tosses a poisoned apple
From nimble fingers to dainty palm.
Her laughter is a terrifying howl,
Her smile all teeth and vicious joy to ask,
Come child, trick or treat, which will you pick?
Or cant you tell the difference?

Lightning; a devils final smile,
Thunder; an angels devastating scream.
Masked Figure, black wings spread,
Empty eyes gaze through narrow slits.
Seated on a gloomy gravestone,
In a crowed graveyard.

The warm lights of home, the soft comfort of bed.
The haven for the sad and weary,
Until the lights go dead.
A wandering werewolves? A lurking mummy?
Uninvited vampire? Animated dummy?
Time to sit up and scream, little Qitari.
The new fears you found,
They have followed you home.

(A/N: I hope that poetry is okay, it was the best way i could think of to make these element work, and it still works as a story. Having so many verbs, adverbs and tenses already fixed made this very hard but fun.)
CasmereSphynx
Level 75
Grand Protector
Threads: 24
Posted: 10/29/2016 at 6:33 AM Post #19
HAUNTED DEPTHS

While taking my daily ride on my QUIRKY QITARI Bucephalas, three days before Halloween, I saw and heard things I will never forget!

In the small, but friendly town I live in, there is an old rumor that some say is true, but
I did not believe it.

There is an old mansion, with a few old, GLOOMY GRAVESTONES. The property
is surrounded by an old metal fence, which has fallen into disrepair. When you pass by
you can sometimes hear HAUNTING ECHOES of crying and wailing. I just thought that it was just the wind blowing through the overgrown trees and plants. Big mistake on my part!

Bucephalas was being contrary again, as usual. While flying over the mansion, I thought that I saw a MASKED FIGURE glide into the shadows. At that very minute that I saw the figure, I felt a CHILLING WIND. It made the hair on my head stand at attention! Bucephalas started bucking and just going crazy, as he saw and heard what I had. We landeded right near the old house. I guess I was just to curious for my own good.

I went over to look at the GLOOMY GRAVESTONES to see if there were any clues there. Nothing, they just looked to be normal, old, and hard to read. Again I heard the
TERRIFYING HOWEL, but this time it was louder. I followed the sound, with Bucephalas pulling, trying to go the other way. I felt a CHILLING WIND. I started to get a little nervious. I opened the back door of the house and entered. On the GHOSTLY WALLS the paint was pealing off, and the plaster full of holes. What had I got myself in to?

Again, I saw the MASKED FIGURE glide around the corner. I gave chase, pulling Bucephalas along with me. There, in the middle of the large, open, hall I saw it!
A Haunted Depths Ryori, making that aweful wailing noise! Its mother was cornered by a LURKING MUMMY and a witch. The witch was trying to get the mummy to take the POISONED APPLE so she could get it away from the Ryoi.
The young Ryori was scared and wanted to be with its mom. Bucephalas flew into action. He reared, kicked, and fought off the LURKING MUMMY. The FRIENDLY WITCH was so happy for the help that she gave Bucephalas a set of golden wings and a crate frull of sweet apples! The Haunted Depths mother was so happy for the help that she and her youngster became my dearest friends, They came home with Bucephalas and I. We never heard the HAUNTING ECHOES again and I gained two new Ryoris as friends! The FRIENDLY WITCH comes to visit us once a week and takes Bucephalas for a fly, as he uses his new, golden wings!
Edited By Nebulacrash on 10/29/2016 at 7:06 AM.
Pyromantic
Level 69
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 16
Posted: 10/29/2016 at 7:18 AM Post #20
Ghostly wails echoed through the dark night, giving the masked figure slight chills, despite being the master of the creatures who made the wails.
Tonight was a full moon. She loved full moons. Her prey was drawn to it, and often roamed under the silver orb.
Sticks snapping alerted him to something stalking through the graveyard were she had taken up temporary residence. Turning, she watched her prey.
A young human male, and his quirky qitari bounced through the fallen leaves, mindless of the dangers that lay ahead. The masked figure spotted a lurking mummy behind a nearby gloomy gravestone and snarled quietly, a chilling wind springing to life in line with her emotions.
The human shivered, his qitari slowing its mad dash through the fallen leaves and glancing back worriedly at his owner, as a terrifying howl emitted from the masked figure as she leaped for her prey.
The human screamed, the qitari leaping in front of its owner. The masked figure landed behind the startled mummy, screaming spell words as she hurled spell after spell at the undead creature.
It howled in agony, haunting echoes all that remained of the creature.
The masked figure lifted her mask, smiling a fanged smile at the human and his qitari. "W-Who are you?" The human said, relaxing slightly.
"I am Manon, the friendly witch, she said with a wink. Pulling two apples out of her pocket, she tossed one to the human, then the qitari. They both munched them down with vigor. "See you boys later!" Manon purred, turning to summon her broom.
"Bye! And thank you!" The human called, finishing his apple and tossing the core away. Manon flew into the air on her broom, watching invisibly as the pair below turned and walked through the gravestones once more. Pulling a poisoned apple from the same pocket that held the first two, she bit into it, immune to the poison.
Below, the human and qitari fell to the ground, their souls escaping their bodies to roam the lands as ghosts. Manon flew lower, heading for the bodies. "Time to feast."

THE END.
Hope you've enjoyed!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.