Posted: 10/28/2016 at 8:54 AM Post #11
Krin needs a new title "the ever tardy" jkjk
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 10:53 AM Post #12
Yes, the Mojo Themes are returning again. In total, we have 42 brand new Themed Pets available from this year's Festival. We felt that it was not necessary to add another 16 for Mojo. Scanning through Mojo pets, they are still pretty rare and with all of the new players this year and those who couldn't get what they wanted in previous years, I feel that there will still be a good demand for them.

The Leaderboard Contests will award Brewing Themed Pets.

Also, as a side note, there will be 191 new Avatar Items available from this year's Festival. There definitely shouldn't be any shortage of things to do. =)
Cornbeansoup
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 31
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 11:02 AM Post #13
OMG! This was actually part of my dream! I logged onto Sylestia in the middle of the night, There was a ping, I clicked it, and you said "the fall festival has started" ...that's literally all you said..... XD
But the fest wasn't delayed, it was already right there. And there were no comments.
So my dream wasn't accurate but who cares! XD

Of course there was ALOT more to the dream but I'm not gonna get into that. Its pretty weird.... XD
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 11:35 AM Post #14
I'm really excited to see what pets where picked. ^.^ There were LOADS of wonderful designs, I have no idea how you narrow it down to the ones that show up in the fest zone... I'm finding myself rather busy this fest but hopefully I can manage to hit my goals. Thankfully I can ask for a few friends to help me catch up if I have to.

I do really like that it's going to be starting tomorrow though because I'm sure to be here at home all day. :)
It also means that I have today left to finish my prepwork for the fest, which is nice. ^.^

See ya all tomorrow out in the festival zone!

@Krin, just curious did you and Fai end up with a favorite design(s) this fest? Also thanks to both of you and all the artists for bringing us so much fun and content for this fest! *hugs*
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 11:42 AM Post #15
Lol. It's a very long process. Starts usually with Faiona making a pass through all the posted designs and picking anywhere from 4-8 for each species. Then she passes the list onto me and I narrow it down to 2-4 for each species. Then together we go through one by one choosing a design, tweaking it, adjusting its name, etc as needed. Sometimes though, we just can't find one for a species that we both can get behind so then we brainstorm our own and go through the same process until eventually we are both satisfied with the selected design lol.

It probably takes anywhere from 15-45 minutes per species. However, for this Festival, we needed two per species so we had to do this process twice for the 16 species.

In terms of a favorite... hmm. I would say one of the Kelpari and one of the Ryori ones that we chose were super easy picks for me. That's as much information as you'll get from me though. =P
Dragoil
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Artist
Threads: 172
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 2:54 PM Post #16
I for one am SOOO glad for the delay. This will be my first fall fest, been looking forward to it since I started (I have heard so many good things about it) and I was going to have to miss the start due to work otherwise! First fest I feel some what prepared for (sort of) so I don't want to miss a minuet!

Very excited to see what you guys come out with!!! (I have a strong feeling I'll be collecting the most stuff for my avi this fest!)
Crystal34510
Level 0
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 2:56 PM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=40352&page=1#7
Author: Falkinsey
Time Posted: 10/28/2016 at 3:58 AM
Hi Kenywi,

The mojo contests are a special feature of the Fall Festival. You can find mojo collectors in chests, dropped by bandits etc. You then use these against any of the 'pet of the day' species - so any aurleon you meet on the first day, for example, instead of killing it, trapping it or running from it, you can use a mojo collector to try to trap its 'mojo'. Like any trap they don't always succeed. For each day there is a leaderboard and the people who catch the most mojo of that species are rewarded with a special limited version of that pet, in the case of the aurleon, a Nevermore Aurleon. The first few get a pet with better vis, like on the other leaderboards, and all of the first 20 get a pet with at least 1 vis.

Obviously some pets, like the ryori, are more highly sought after, so some people save up their mojo collectors for a specific pet, and nephs are really hard to get!

See you in festival chat,

Falk

Love your animals and your outfit.
You look beautiful
Falkinsey
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 20
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 3:02 PM Post #18
Brewing themed pets?

I can see some cauldrons being involved here! :)

Less than 24 hours to go...

Oh, and thanks, Crystal, if that was aimed at me :)
Edited By Falkinsey on 10/28/2016 at 3:04 PM.
LDDarcWolf
Level 70
The Dreamer
Threads: 283
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 4:12 PM Post #19
Wow, that sounds like a super good process to use Krin. :)

I'm really glad though to hear about the fact that we'll have 2 full sets that are brand new for this festival. ^.^ I can't wait to see them. It sounds like it was a tough call for some of the picks which I totally get why.... I found myself trying to pick favorites out of all the submissions...and well my list wasn't a short one. Then in regards to my own designs for this fest a few will become projects eventually regardless of if they where picked or not because I(and others) like them enough that it would be worth it to make them a project at some point.

I'm really happy to hear that you found some that you really like though.
Bucky0310
Level 39
Threads: 23
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 5:48 PM Post #20
I'm excited! I went on hiatus from here for a long while, so this is my first Halloween here!!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.