Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > thousands of sylesti are released everyd...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hiddenluv
Level 72
Majestic Ice Carver
Threads: 284
Posted: 10/23/2016 at 8:56 PM Post #1
Thousands of sylesti are released everyday because they are not of "desired" traits I've seen a lot of beautiful pets be released.. I have released some aswell but I cannot say I don't feel bad about it. Pets do not sell they are released.. Pets are unfed with rotting accounts fainted .. I would like to make a suggestion to this site Why don't we have a pound? It will save sylesti's from being released, homeless, straight out abandoned, and neglected. Admits I have never had any warnings (except posting stuff in wrong places lol) Anyways We should really have a pound on this site I know it's still in beta testing but it would be a HUGE amazing change! If you want to quit sylestia then donate your pets to the POUND, so they can find a loving owner instead of having thousands of homeless pets. I think it will be a good idea! Rant over
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 10/23/2016 at 9:25 PM Post #2
You can purchase released pets by using advanced search to find their profile, and then buying them back with 50 diamonds. While some think that 50 diamonds is pricey, I believe it is fair because the website does warn you.

Because you can purchase released pets a pound is not necessary. I'm not saying it will never happen, I'm just saying we don't have that feature because you can get pets back... and a pound would hurt the economy more.

As for people quitting, sometimes it can't be helped. Life happens and there isn't always a warning. Some people have 100s of pets and to say they should adopt them out before leaving isn't keeping in mind that doing so would take a long time if they have a lot of pets. Not only that but a lot of people go on hiatus. They go away and come back later and when they come back they want their pets. It's unfortunate when a rare pet is trapped on an inactive account but there's always a chance the owner will return.

I don't feel bad about releasing because I need the space to keep pets that I want. I do a lot of themed breeding and there are a lot of rejects that do not sell. I'm not going to keep unwanted pets and ruin the pet economy by having a large amount of those pets. I like trying to keep themed pet counts down, therefore increasing their value and maintaining the economy.

Not to mention that a lot of players host their own adoption centres in the forums. A lot of people give away their unwanted pets to other players who want them as well in the give away forum. If there was a pound feature I would not use it to throw away my pets. I would continue to release worthless pets or give away my valuable pets that do not sell.

This is my view. I understand yours but I do not agree with a pound feature, that's all.
Rixva
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 94
Posted: 10/23/2016 at 9:54 PM Post #3
I totally get where you're coming from here. When I first started, I hated the notion of releasing pets. I know they're just pixels - but I form attachments very easily, so it made me feel like I was sending my creatures out to their doom, haha (and I know I'm not the only one!). But now I tend to think of it as more of a 'bred in captivity' kind of thing - the sylesties have the skills to survive out in the wild, and to keep them wouldn't do us or them any good. That's just my reasoning, of course, so just find what works for you.

At the end of the day, I agree with FForFox. Reclaiming a pet is easy enough that a pound feature would be a bit redundant, and releasing pets helps keep the economy active. Nobody could make any money from selling or breeding pets if everyone could get their hands on good pets for pennies!

And lastly...I think my released pets are much happier running free in the wild than they would be sitting in a crowded pound! ^-^
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 10/24/2016 at 4:12 PM Post #4
I seem to remember hearing, shortly after I joined Sylestia, that Fai and Krin are planning to have a pound-type feature eventually. The idea was that players could get a small amount of gold from turning a pet in rather than releasing it.
Lonelypastelcrow
Level 67
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 17
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 1:31 AM Post #5
I would like to add my thoughts on this topic.

the pound, hypothetically speaking (fancy language!!) a GOOD IDEA.
But this would take at LEAST (least) a month to put in, if not more. So let's say yes we are. What are the pets going to do meanwhile?? and moreso, let's say you have a plain, boring pet. what are you going to do about it?

Perhaps we (or others) should open a thread for people new or old to the game, and let THEM adopt the unwanted. Foster homes could also be open if it's not taken in by the time the owner leaves.
When the feature is fully implanted, then it can be used. But we could keep the thread up. It would also kinda be like a Q & A, or a rant blog, ect.
But its sole purpose would be to re-home unwanted pets.
people could need say, (ahem ahem) female sylvorpas to breed with. Then people with to MANY of that could say 'here you go!' and before long that person is a full-on breeder.
I personally think this could improve the quality of the game.

your thoughts?
Edited By Flamepanda on 10/28/2016 at 1:43 AM.
Lavelle
Level 60
The Majestic
Threads: 77
Posted: 10/28/2016 at 2:50 AM Post #6
There are already many, many, many threads of people trying to give pets away for 1 gold. Releasing keeps the advanced search function from being absolutely flooded with pets for essentially free, taking value from pets all across the board. There also seems to be a large issue at the minute with people buying up very cheap pets because they're so readily available for so little and then finding they're unable to afford to feed them. I think if anything this is more distressing than releasing pets. If you release a pet you can get it back, until then it's just chilling in the wild, having them starving in your stables because you took on more than you can handle and have no space anyway would be rubbish. Releasing serves a very important function but for people who are looking to just adopt pets there are always many Giveaways in the Giveaways section of the Forums.

Until the site is revamped, at which time I believe Krinadon and Faiona plan to implement features for helping with "quantity of pet" control, releasing is pretty important and a steady function of the site.
PureBloodBlackRose
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 80
Posted: 10/30/2016 at 4:12 PM Post #7
Some people release pets for a reason, and often it's because of the common opinion of they're not desired or not designed to liking of most. And, they've been up for sale for months or in rare cases a year and they haven't sold, which most likely means it has little to no chance of selling, so to save space it is released. Yes, your opinion is a valid and respected one and I'm in no way bashing that, but a pound would be kinda pointless if the pets never sold in the first place, plus it would result in people simply using the pound to feed their pets until they feel like getting them back. The pound would be good for rare themes that turn up once in a while, or pets with restricted traits that are put in.
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 12/11/2016 at 12:14 AM Post #8
I release pets all the time, usually the really ugly ones or the ones I've had for sale for a while and nobody has bought. I hate releasing them (unless they are really ugly) and I never release them until they are adolescents.
I know there is a reclaim fee for owners, but what about pets that have been released that you never owned? There have been a few pets from other users that I've bred with and were absolutely stunning, but they released them. I would have LOVED to have them but there is no way to get that pet unless you owned it. Sometimes people will reclaim them if you reimburse them, but for the people who do not want to do that there is no other option. So I think there should be a reclaim fee available for everyone.
I agree with Flamekitten that there are so many accounts where the person has not come on in a long time and it makes me sad to see their sylesti unconscious, but we can't buy them without them knowing because that would be mean. What if they come back and all their pets are gone?
Another thing that is slightly off topic is that I think there should be a "search for color" option, as there have been a few times where I've wanted to search for a pet with a certain color combo but there was no option for it.
Anyway that's my two cents :)
Laurelprince
Level 58
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 46
Posted: 12/11/2016 at 8:48 AM Post #9
There is a center that prevents ryoris from being released (The Lost Ryori Collection Center). We should see if we can set up something like that. If i got enough currency to get another tab or stable i could start it...
Edited By Laurelprince on 12/11/2016 at 8:50 AM.
Laurelprince
Level 58
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 46
Posted: 12/13/2016 at 2:23 PM Post #10
I have officially started the sylesti pound! Here's a link to the forum.

Sylesti Pound
Edited By Laurelprince on 12/13/2016 at 2:23 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.