Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > thousands of sylesti are released everyd...
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Laurelprince
Level 58
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 46
Posted: 12/13/2016 at 2:25 PM Post #11
See above post.
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 12/13/2016 at 6:59 PM Post #12
awesome!
Castiele
Level 75
Cutely Creative
Threads: 217
Posted: 12/16/2016 at 4:34 PM Post #13
I have to say I disagree with allowing anyone to reclaim a released pet. A lot of effort goes into project pets (max stat, six vis, etc) and it would be very upsetting if I were to release a pet that's from the later stages of my project (high stats, 5v 1 carry, etc) and then have someone reclaim it. Then I'd feel like they'd essentially stolen all of my hard work, and I wouldn't get anything out of it.
Generally speaking, I release pets because I don't want anyone else to have them, as I've put work into getting them to where they are, and while I may not need them to progress my project any further, or I may not have the stable space to hold onto them, I also don't want to hand them over to someone else, for them to use and end up with a stunning project pet, that required no effort on their part.
Also it wouldn't be beneficial to the economy of Sylestia, there's already an over abundance of pets, so that drops the value of all the pets (that's actually why the admins host the release contests)
If just anyone were able to reclaim any pet, the value of any pet would plummet.

Just as an example here, I'm currently working on a project with six vis nephini that would incorporate the trait Valentine lace. So far I've spent about two months on it and I'm nowhere near finished, but as I progress (and run out of stable space) I will release some of the earlier steps of my projects. (Four vis two carry with visible Valentine lace, six vis with carried Valentine lace, etc)
Now suppose anyone can reclaim any pet, someone could come in and reclaim two nephini that I had released, breed them together and end up with a six vis nephini with Valentine lace, without any commitment of time, and a lot less money put into it, and turn around and sell the offspring for significantly less than I can, while still making a profit. Despite the fact that I've put in countless hours and tons of money (breeding in new lines, expanding stable space, philtering pets, using magical pies, etc), I have nothing more to show than someone who spent $1 on diamonds and reclaimed my pets.

So while I understand the frustration of seeing released pets that you would have loved to have, I can't say I'd like to see a reclaim feature added that would allow people to reclaim pets that weren't theirs.
I'm not intending to bash your opinion in any way, I just wanted to point out the down side to that idea.
Moonflowr
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 8
Posted: 12/16/2016 at 9:57 PM Post #14
wow I hadn't thought of it that way, thank you :)
Jade07
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 219
Posted: 1/29/2017 at 8:33 AM Post #15
no pet is worthless would you call this no trait,none purebred secret garden zolnixi my sister gave me worthless ok most probably would but get to the point a pound would be great fox i always feel bad i once had a qitari that i loved so much but when she got to be a adult she was released because i had no room i love tanaca and cutie who i suspect somebody may have released and i'll never get back either of them i don't have a credit card and only 9 diamonds
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.