Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > A Tale of Three Nys! (Writing contest fo...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 6:17 PM Post #1

Hello everybody!
A few months ago Flute and I discussed holding a special contest for Maxed Stats pets for the Megazone, and in light of the Ny'vene revamp it was decided that we may as well get it all taken care of now. The grand prize will be a team of THREE level 50 Maxed Stats Ny'vene, complete with three sets of Mythical Gear!*
*One set of gear will be a mix of Archon and Revenant. It's all for magic damage, so it'll do. The other two will be a set of Primalist and Natureguard gear.

The contest is simple! I want you to write me a story using THREE Ny'venes. The story can be any length and can be about pretty much anything! (Although I do ask that you keep it Sylestia-friendly, or use a third-party source and post the link so that I can read it from there.)
*You MUST use two males and one female in your story to be eligible for the grand prize.

For the Ny'vene, you must supply a name, and most importantly a GENERATOR IMAGE. Whoever tells the best story will have their characters generated from MAXED STATS Regens!
*Taking your image code directly from the pet generator is required.

You may use ANY number of traits! The Maxed Stats Regens all have 12 trait points; you may use all of them for a 6-visible pet, or use fewer visibles if you prefer. The choice is yours! However, there are a few restrictions on which traits can be generated. The following traits listed in black are available for regen. Those that are striked out and listed in red CANNOT!

Gene One (Main Body)
A: Dilopho Markings
B: Camouflage
C: Tiger Stripes
D: Leopard Spots
E: Red Panda
F: Crested Lizard
G: Tabby
H: Sabertooth
I: Caterpillar
J: Diamondback
K: Gaboon Viper
L: Milk Snake
M: Yellow Anaconda
O: Fine Stripes
P: Leaf Veins
Q: Tropical
R: Water Tabby
S: Night Glow

Gene Two (Body Accent)
A: Ancient Runes
B: Magma Runes
C: Lucky Runes
D: Petal Markings
E: Valentine Lace
F: Chaos Runes
G: Night Glow

Gene Three (Wing Designs)
A: Cecropia Markings
B: Red Admiral
C: Nebula
D: Dusk Wings
E: Lightning Wings
F: Eyespots
G: Tropical

Mutation One (Body)
A: Back Spikes
B: Battle Armor
C: Quad Arms
D: Crystalline Gems
E: Skeletal Armor
F: Ice Spikes
G: Flower Armor
H: Starlight Armor
I: Essence of Flames
J: Cosmic Spines
K: Celestial Armor
L: Feathered Tail
M: Dragon Rider's Saddle

Mutation Two (Head)
A: Jeweled Horns
B: Ram Horns
C: Ornate Horns
D: Crystal Ice Horns
E: Rhino Horns
F: Essence of Flames
G: Triceratops
H: Cosmic Horns

I: Battle Helm
J: Skeletal Helm
K: Starlight Crown
L: Feathered Crest
M: Dragon Rider's Bridle

Mutation Three (Wings / Effects)
A: Essence of Storms
B: Essence of Wind
C: Demonic Essence
D: Lucky Dust
E: Cystalline Essence
F: Torn Wings
G: Gooey Wings

In addition to the grand prize, I will be giving away at least 22 additional maxed stats 6-vis Ny'vene! These will not be available for regen, but I am going to try to pick out the best I have, or breed some from my newest line of projects. Some of them I may even regen myself, or if I see a Ny'vene design I really love I may just regen the pet for the one who designed it. :)

ALL of these Maxed Stats pets will be made INFERTILE before the prizes are handed out.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 6:17 PM Post #2
CONTEST END DATE: OCTOBER 1ST!
Any entries made after 11:59 pm on October 1st will be disqualified. It will likely take time for me to go through all of the stories, so I cannot really give an estimate on how quickly the prizes will be set out after the 1st. I'll do my best to get it done quickly.
Edited By Xavion on 9/17/2016 at 6:20 PM.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/17/2016 at 6:17 PM Post #3
Reserved
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 8:04 AM Post #4
May I give this a try?

Is Death allowed in my story?
Edited By Dragonrider1542 on 9/18/2016 at 8:39 AM.
Dragon98178
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 13
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 9:30 AM Post #5
here are the pictures.

the female named River.

the first male named Night sky. some of the time in the story i will refer to Night sky as Night.

the second male named Nebula.

Will. he their owner.

Edited By Dragon98178 on 9/18/2016 at 11:54 AM.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 10:31 AM Post #6
Of course you may! The contest is open to anyone and everyone who wants to participate :)

So far as deaths are concerned, you may add them to the story but if it's detailed and really really gorey or violent, I'd prefer the use of a third-party site that can be linked to. (More for the site than for me; I love the horror genre and occassionally slasher flicks if they have a real plotline. But I don't want to see bloody tales directly on the sylestia forum; can't have our beloved website covered in gore! XD)
Skywright
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 8
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 10:57 AM Post #7
Loki:

Ragnorok:

Tyr:

Ny'vene, once the masters of Sylestia, reduced to a small number in captivity. Their legacy strong Ny'venes remained fierce fighters and warriors glad to test their strength in the battlefield. However some Ny'vene were less than content with the state of their once wild and free species. Loki, a cunning female who favored tricks and traps and tired of the brutish and bloody cycle of battles, refused to allow such a fate to be hers. She plotted constantly her bid towards freedom, her hope of restoration of pride. Alone, she could not hope to succeed. Plans kept in stasis Loki grew more bitter by the day. Her ill-content caught the attention of a large and fierce male Ragnorok. A champion of the battlefield his obsidian scales gleamed darkly. He had watched many contenders, young and old come to the coliseum. He had faced many challengers and prevailed. Ragnorok, despite his victories, always remembered his defeats and close calls. Scarred by many battles he tired of the constant bloodlust, the smell of of anger and fear. More than anything he wanted to choose his own battles to dictate the day by his will. He always watched as the excited greenhorns preened in youthful pride or as boastful fools who became too enamored with their own power after a few wins to see that inevitably their fall would come. His habit of watching is what caused his attention to first catch on Loki. Deadly in the field the female always managed to win against her opponents, even when she was woefully underpowered. Ragnorok saw her, as she plotted and raged and even as she slowly seemed to have her vigor and liveliness drain away by bitter weariness. So he approached her. Loki was surprised. few fighters concerned themselves with anyone else and ragnorok was especially known for his distant coldness.
"What do you want?" She queried as her sharp eyes watched Ragnorok's every movement.
" I want out of here. I want freedom. I want the skies and storms to bend to my will as my wings carry me wherever I wish to go." Ragnorok answered, his deep voice resonating throughout the rest stalls.
"And you came to me? Why?"
" You plot. You plan. You will leave and I refuse to stay here."
"Even with your power escape is not yet possible.I have yet to find an escape that is possible with just two of us."
"Then plan better."
Angry Loki was about to reply when a soft baritone interrupted her.
" And would any of those so called escapes work with three?"
Whirling around Loki saw another Ny'vene male. smaller than Ragnorok, the males green scales seemed to give the dragon a more inviting look.
"Who are you and what do you want?" Ragnorok growled with aggression as he started to spread his wings out.
"I'm known as Tyr, and I couldn't help but overhear you two." The now know Tyr answered genially, outright ignoring the angry aggression of Ragnorok and the wary caution of Loki.
"Maybe...maybe three would be enough. After all battle parties are made of three." Loki's voice was contemplative as she observed the two males. Ragnorok and Tyr turned, blinking in surprise and visible nonplussed respectively. Looking around to make sure no other possible eavesdroppers were around Loki quietly and efficiently laid out a plan of escape. Waiting for mid-day to pass, the slow time of the coliseum, the three conspirators readied themselves for the small opening the rotation of guards provided. Ragnorok charged forward, loud and unavoidable in his destructive might. He acted as both battering ram and distraction. Tyr waited for the chaos to start and for the many guards to focus on the black behemoth. When it seemed enough of the guards were focused on Ragnorok, Tyr made his move. His wings sped him forward as he attacked the control tower. Loki waited. She saw as Ragnorok was surrounded, nets poised to catch the rogue dragon. She waited until it seemed Tyr's destructive war path was all but stopped and subdued. Then she struck. Her magic weaving thickly in the the guards dropping into unconsciousness. both Tyr and Ragnorok seeing their attackers down spurred themselves forward. All three ny'vene launching themselves away. They flew. On and on the three flew, taking no notice of the changing landscape as they made sure to put as much distance between them and the accursed coliseum as possible. Exhausted they landed. Ragnorok let out deep rumbling laughter as Tyr, so normally calm, grinned wideley. Loki's eye bright in the nights darkness. Free. They were free. Free to choose. Free to fly. Free to live. Euphoria filled the happy ny'venes. Stopping his laughter Ragnorok tuned towards Loki.
"You left them alive. Why?" The warrior questioned his leader.
" They could allow a few escaped ny'ven peace, but if any of them died we would forever be hunted. I've fought for my freedom, I refuse to lost it because of lost control." Loki answered her voice grim.
" But that doesn't matter now. We made it. WE are free, and now fate, destiny, it is all for us to decide." Her face and voice softened as she looked to the glittering stars above. Tyr hunkered down nearby his smile small but still present allowing the peace of the valley to wash over him. Tomorrow, tomorrow would be a new day and all three dragons would face it and any challenges together. They were pack and would not have to be alone as they navigated their newly won freedom.
Dragon98178
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 11:10 AM Post #8
i have never written a story so please don't say it sucks. and tell me if i did this right.

story start

It was a bit after breakfast and River, Nebula and Night sky were watching Will getting ready to go. He was looking under his bed for his sword when he heard a nock at the door. Will stopped looking under his bed and went to the door, when he opened it in came 10 bandits who surrounded him and tied him up. River, Night sky and Nebula tried to fight but were quickly knocked out. The bandits left taking Will with them. When River woke it was dark out she quickly woke the others. "Hurry" River said "We have to find Will. Nebula go get some food and put it a bag. Night go find healing stuff, like potions and fairy mushrooms i will get water". "Ok" they said in unison.
later
"Ok" River said "I think thats every thing we need. Come on lets go find Will."

1 day later

"Gaaa" said Night sky "I am tired of walking every were. Why cant we fly?" "because" Nebula replied "We cant follow the bandits foot prints from the air." "Guys the tracks head toward the Nightfall Bandit Camp."
"Can we fly to the bandit camp?" asked Night sky. "Sigh. Fine" River replied.
after 2 hours of flying

"Ok were here now lets find Will" Night sky said. "Wait" Nebula Said "We need a plan."
"I have a plan" Night shot back, "Really what is it? asked Nebula, "Ok here is my plan. We rush in and knock out any thing that moves that is not Will." Night said, "That is a bad plan." Nebula said.
"Oh like you have a better one." Night replied, "Well no I don't." Nebula said. "Guys stop fighting!!!" River yelled. They heard a bandit shout " I heard some thing over here". "Get ready to fight guys." River said.

after a big battle

"Guys we are down to our last potion." Nebula said "Lets find Will and get out of here."
"Hey i found Will." Night shouts, "come on lets free Will." River says to Nebula.

After untying Will. Will give's them all hugs "Thanks for freeing Me guys. Lets go home."

The End
Edited By Dragon98178 on 9/18/2016 at 11:17 AM.
AliceHearts
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 248
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 11:11 AM Post #9
During the endles war many Sylestys sufferd a gread deal of lost, but non as many as the Ny'vene did.
Becaus of there power and strong bonds with the elements they where seen as the perfect wapons to destroy your enemies with. So adults where hunted to send into battel where the nests where emtyed so that no-one els could get to them and that the yong ny'vene could be traint from the moment they hatched. At first it looked like this would be the perfect way, but when the first of those trait hatchelings became adult the problems started. Becaus these yong adult ny'vene did only know fighting, so they knew noting about afection or love or loyalty and they attacked everything that did not sute them. So not just the people that made them ready for ware but alsow there own kind. This made the Ny'vene almost go extinged.

But lucky there where still some Ny'vene left in the wild and they could no longer bare seeing what was happening to there kind that got captered by humans. So they came out of there hiding places and offered the humans there help. To make an end to the war, so all could live in peace. Of cours the ny'vene had some condisions, starting with that they would get a new place to live. Becaus of everything that had happend the natural habitat of the ny'vene got destroit. And that ny'vene would fight with humands no longer for them, making them equal in a way. There for ny'vene alsow got a chois if they wanted to fight or not and could no longer be forsed. Most of these things came from Ragnar, he was not the leader but a counselor of there leader Galena and where ever she when Kaleb would not be fare away.

Toghter these 3 formed the first party with a human and by doing that inspired other to do the same. Not just ny'vene and humans but other sylestys as well. This was the start of the world we know today a world in with all creaters live togheter in harmony fighting of the evil that tryes to disrupt it.

The End

Galena

Kaleb

Ragnar
Edited By AliceHearts on 9/18/2016 at 1:03 PM.
Dragon98178
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/18/2016 at 11:15 AM Post #10
Your's is sooooo much better than mine. I loved it!

alice yours was cool too.
Edited By Dragon98178 on 9/18/2016 at 11:16 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.