Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > A Tale of Three Nys! (Writing contest fo...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Analieza
Level 64
The Majestic
Threads: 6
Posted: 9/21/2016 at 9:21 PM Post #21
(Not part of the story, but I think this contest was an awesome idea!)

In the beginnings of Sylestia...

The Ny'vene species ruled with strength and compassion. It was they who doled out both rewards and punishments, and one Ny'vene was in charge of each. As Ny'vene scales were immune to heat, the molten hot spots around the world were converted into springs for those good of heart and conscience. It was Damon who guarded these springs, a Ny'vene of fiery hues that, though fearsome in appearance, was endowed with a heart of gold. On the other end of the planet, where the earth was frozen and harsh winds blew across the terrain stood Damon's counterpart, Pengu. It was he who decided punishment, and his scales were graced with the icicles that decorated his home. His heart was ice: nothing could sway his judgement, and he was constantly accompanied with ice spirits. Together, Damon and Pengu kept the world in balance, and every Sylesti prospered.

Before long, a beautiful young Ny'vene was sent to Damon for always helping those in need, no matter the personal cost. Upon sight of her, Damon was smitten, but when looking deep into her heart, he was disappointed: in reality, she was cruel and unforgiving, only liked for her beauty. Unable to allow her entry, she stormed away, with him watching her departure longingly.

Pengu noticed Damon's distress, and paid him a visit before long. When questioned, Damion revealed the true sorrow in his heart was the one he turned away, named Terra. He claimed to love her, and desired her to be free of hatred, so she would be free to remain with him. Begging Pengu to cure Terra of her cruelty, Pengu flew back to his post to receive her for judgement.

Unfortunately, Pengu's frozen heart melted when he spotted her. Tears streamed down her face as she begged for mercy, and he found himself consoling her, freeing her soul from punishment. At his decree, she jumped for joy, thanking him sincerely and flying back to Damon. When he once again saw Terra, Damon almost cried for joy, taking Terra under his wing and into the paradise of the springs. She immediately created trouble, overflowing a spring, so she was once again found in front of Pengu. Terra told him that she loved him, and he accepted her, much to Damon's chagrin, and Damon declared war on Pengu.

Thus the world was thrown into chaos, due to Damon being spurned and Pengu chosen. Ny'vene was pitted against Ny'vene, and Sylestis battled each other for those they served. Though he had been chosen, the Lord of Punishments was not at all happy: Terra had lied to him to spare herself, and treated him as if he were her slave. Finally having enough after she tried to punish him, Pengu froze her with his icy breath and delivered her to Damon as a peace offering. Damon immediately tried to revive her in one of his lava springs, but Terra was melted with the ice, disappearing from existence. Pengu apologized and tried to make peace, but Damon refused him, vowing vengeance on the destroyer of his love. That is why cold and heat never mix: Damon has never forgiven Pengu.

Damon:

Pengu:

Terra:
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/21/2016 at 10:41 PM Post #22
May I ask why you chose the name Pengu? I found that to be amusing.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 9/22/2016 at 6:19 AM Post #23
I'm guessing...
Cold -> Penguinz -> Pengu...?
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/22/2016 at 3:41 PM Post #24
Ah, alright. :)
Creamcrow
Level 60
Threads: 0
Posted: 9/22/2016 at 7:01 PM Post #25
Plumflower (Flower) ::
Viperbite (Viper) ::
Flystorm (Fly) ::

~~

The brightly colored Ny'vene was doing his best to hide. Oh, it was a good thing he could hide in the trees with some ease, but still if - oh he couldn't allow it to happen, it wouldn't! Now, one would wonder- what would a great, powerful male Ny'vene have to fear! The answer is quite simple in fact, if you know the full story.
It all really started two days ago. Plumflower- he should have been called Plum, but the others had found it hilarious his parents, but mostly his master, had decided to name him Plumflower of all things! It was an embarrassment, and unlike most males he did not have a general aggression. It was awful, and he wish he did as he could show he was no pretty little flower.
He groaned in frustration at this point in time- training. He hated it- as he had grown older the teasing had not stopped. Even worse- he was forced to attack other creatures, and he was awful at it. His master only had the room for a party of three. And so, he was stuck with two others.
Viperbite and Flystorm, better known as the Violent Viper and Cautious Fly. Everyone called the duo Viper and Fly though, nothing too huge. Other than the fact, they were not kind. He- the worst Ny'vene of all time quite possibly- was stuck on a team with two great, powerful, cruel Ny'venes.
It was awful- he was tormented, day and night. He was stuck in neighboring cells with them. Right in between the siblings. Oh yes- the two were siblings, and Flower had very, very bad ideas on what their master hoped to do with himself and Fly.
Luckily, nothing of the sort had happened yet. And so, the three faced the opposing creature, a simple low-level one. Just to make sure they were all top health and doing their best. he attacked, it was a rather good dud, but luckily the other had managed to destroy it. He flinched as they did so- Fly got the landing hit, much to Viper's disappointment it seemed.
"At least you managed to do damage, my dear brother." She hissed out slightly shifting her wings in a better position. He seemingly rolled his blue eyes crossing his extra arms. Personally- Flower believed the two to be half-siblings on how the other major similarity was their coloration, their traits wer not the same in any aspect he though.
Plumflower couldn't help but to flinch as she said that- it still hurt, whenever someone pointed out his weak spots. "I know, I know. I am a failure at this- next time please try to speak about it when I'm not here. I'd much prefer that."
Viper hissed and stood up taller. "Oh? Really? I am very surprised the little Flower actually has a voice, huh?" He started to seemingly summon vaster wing currents around him.
"I- Of course I have-.... er..." He trailed off pausing backing away in cowardice. Where was their master to stop this?
"That's is exactly what I though. Next time you say anything bad about my dear sister, you will somehow mysteriously die- perhaps I'll take food from your own share, eh?" He hissed out takings steps forward, a snarl on what Flower deemed to be an ugly face. "EH?!"
"I- I am sorry..." "You will be!" The other proceeded to lunge for him, in which Plumflower's first reaction was to run. He did so, eyes closed partially and continued to an unknown location,. He had no idea if they were following, the sounds of his own claws against the ground was filling the air.

And now, he was hiding- two days. They had passed by multiple times, he hadn't been seen. Though- his master hadn't come back for any of them in days. They were all just left out here, alone. It had happened before- them just disappearing, but they wouldn't leave them wandering the wild. They just wouldn't!
He flinched slightly thinking of that though, causing leaves to rustle. And then he was paralyzed- voices sounded out against the breeze.
He heard footsteps fade, and in relief his smiled gently- it probably wasn't them then. It couldn't be.
And then. He was confronted by a sudden face, teeth gleaming in a pleasant smile and such. Flower yelped in fright and started backwards only then seeing the face of whom it was. "Viperbite."
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 9/23/2016 at 3:42 PM Post #26
bumping
Pyromantic
Level 69
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 16
Posted: 9/24/2016 at 6:31 AM Post #27
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X2JFAdgf3fIOg3IgRbJ3yfDMI4YAbcvUOzh0Iw7Hbec/edit?usp=sharing

Alright, here's my story; WARNING: Minor graphic violence in beginning. Avoid if you can't handle that stuff.

Edited By Jadedragoness on 9/24/2016 at 2:51 PM.
Analieza
Level 64
The Majestic
Threads: 6
Posted: 9/24/2016 at 7:30 AM Post #28
I chose the name Pengu because of his domain, where penguins thrive. I'm glad you found it amusing!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 9/24/2016 at 8:17 AM Post #29
Hey bud!
Dun worry about da violence!
(I have blood in my story o3o)
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 9/24/2016 at 2:25 PM Post #30
The Google Docs works perfectly but with one little exception: I can't get the image codes! D:

Do you mind editing your post so that the images or the code can be seen on the Sylestia forum itself? :)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.