Fairy Wings (visible)

and

Tree Dryad Markings (visible)
Silky (carried)
Floral (carried)
Gem Antennae (visible)
Floral Garland (visible)
Gem Wings (visible)

And I want to get it so that the first stays the same except it gets Tree Dryad Markings, would the gene pass on better if Lucky runes was carried, or if there was no gene there whatsoever? (As tests in the breeding grounds have shown that Lucky Runes is dominant to Tree Dryad Markings). Also, is there any masterlist of any sort to tell me which traits are dominant to which? Or will I just need to test that out myself?
Tabbri
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 2/23/2018 at 2:07 PM Post #212
Forgot to ping
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 3/7/2018 at 3:37 AM Post #213
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=370&page=21#210
Author: Truthoradair101
Time Posted: 1/8/2018 at 9:43 AM
Hi, do you know the quickest way to get a resetting kit? The greater one? I have heard some ways to do it without buying diamonds, but they all take a REALLY long time!

not sure what you mean by "resetting kit", but since you posted in the breeding section, I'm guessing you mean the genetic test kit, to see exactly what traits your pet has?

If that is the case, the only way to get the unlimited test kit would be to be it from the diamond shop with diamonds. You can save up diamonds by trading gold for diamonds in the currency exchange.

In the mean time, there are users offering free testing services in the groups/services forum.

If you meant something else, maybe you could specify what it does, so we can get a better idea what you're referring to?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/7/2018 at 3:45 AM Post #214
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=370&page=22#211
Author: Tabbri
Time Posted: 2/23/2018 at 2:06 PM
Question:
Say I have a pair that has these traits:

Lucky Runes (visible)
Frosted Tips (visible)
Faded Glowlight (visible)
Fairy Antennae (visible)
Glow Dust (visible)
Fairy Wings (visible)

and

Tree Dryad Markings (visible)
Silky (carried)
Floral (carried)
Gem Antennae (visible)
Floral Garland (visible)
Gem Wings (visible)

And I want to get it so that the first stays the same except it gets Tree Dryad Markings, would the gene pass on better if Lucky runes was carried, or if there was no gene there whatsoever? (As tests in the breeding grounds have shown that Lucky Runes is dominant to Tree Dryad Markings). Also, is there any masterlist of any sort to tell me which traits are dominant to which? Or will I just need to test that out myself?

There is honestly not much difference with having a gene or none at all. Since visible Tree Dryad Markings is only coming from one side of the parents, the child will guaranteed to have a carry, and thereafter, the offsprings will have a 50% chance of getting the gene. So whether the other 50% is nothing, or another gene, would not really matter if you only keep the successful offspring, unless you have other intentions for the "failed" offsprings.

That said, I know quite a number of players that doesn't like a dominant gene possibly passing down, since you'll end up seeing a lot of offspring with it, and they rather it be plain and not visually distracting. But the genetics remain the same either way.

All genes have an alphabet representative in their respective gene slot. Dominance is arranged alphabetically. So A > B > C > etc. So a pet with AX will be visible trait A, and have hidden carry trait X, whatever letter/trait that may be.

The only exception is the letter N represents nothing, which is dominant over everything else. So a pet with NA, will not have any visible trait, but carries trait A.

The fastest way to see trait dominance would be to go to the advanced search or generator, and select the species and the trait slot, and you'll see all the traits with their respective letters according to their dominance.
Deadman78
Level 34
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/8/2018 at 2:09 PM Post #215
this is very helpful thanks for making this thread :)

question:
do you know anything on how the colors are passed on?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Posted: 3/9/2018 at 2:07 AM Post #216
For colours, each colour slot can be like either parent, or something in between, with a bit of colour swing.

Its hard to tell how random the in between might be, and how much colour swing. If you own both parents, your best bet would be to go to the breeding grounds, and test breed both parents to see possible outcomes from that pair.
Deadman78
Level 34
Majestic Sculptor
Threads: 7
Posted: 3/12/2018 at 4:24 PM Post #217
thanks
Elii
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 328
Posted: 3/14/2018 at 6:13 PM Post #218
Not sure if this has already been pointed out yet, but by genetically testing an egg that you don't know the species of, you can find out the species.
Toesarecool
Level 63
Threads: 2
Posted: 3/14/2018 at 6:58 PM Post #219
If you've bred a pair of sylesti's are you allowed to breed either of them with someone else?
Thesoulreaper
Level 70
Sergeant
Threads: 2
Posted: 4/16/2018 at 11:27 AM Post #220
I was wandering what the difference in the colours shown when the genes are showing on a genetically tested sylesti?

as you can see there is green, blue and purple coloured genes. Does anyone know what they mean such as carried or visible?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.