Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > A Comprehensive Guide to Breeding [WIP]
Page 26 1, 2, 3... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Oiledmushrooms
Level 34
Threads: 3
Posted: 10/10/2020 at 6:54 PM Post #251
This might be a dumb question, but I haven't been able to find the answer anywhere. Does inbreeding have any effects on the pet or the breeding process? like, do pets who are too inbred end up infertile or with lower stats or anything like that?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 10/10/2020 at 7:57 PM Post #252
Inbreeding info is a stat purely for player interest and has no effect on the pets at all.

Pets can only become infertile deliberately via Philter, and offspring cannot have lower base stats than either of their parents (the LG bonus + stats do drop with every generation, however)
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 10/15/2020 at 8:59 PM Post #253
Ok so when you go to the breeding grounds and click include adolescents is shows all of your adolescents right? Well for me one of mine does not pop up no matter what I do I can't figure out why not! And I am worried that I will never be able to breed it because of that. Also if it helps here is a picture:

(Her name is Frost)
Edited By 04lunashadow on 10/16/2020 at 7:56 AM.
Braxtion
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 153
Posted: 11/1/2020 at 9:54 AM Post #254
every time I try to breed my pet with someone else it says that "one or both of these pets don't exist".
What's up with that??
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 11/1/2020 at 12:09 PM Post #255
She's an infertile max stat.

Max stats are usually inferted to avoid other users piggybacking off the seller's hard work.

if a pet is infertile, it can't breed.
Ilhycha
Level 63
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 3
Posted: 12/4/2022 at 3:46 PM Post #256
Hi all!

Newbie here (around half a month of playing), so I'll admit to having several follow-up questions to the initial post.

Here's what I have tried to just puzzle out, let me know where if I got it right, and fill in any blanks you might see, please! I'll use one of my Sylestites (here: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=7203331) as an example.

My Sylestite has a Tanuki (carried) in Gene 1, denoted with the letters "NH". Tanuki, as per the generator, has the letter code "HH", which I assume to mean "H in both alleles". Logically, this leads me to conclude that "blank allele/ negative allele" is denoted with an "N". This means the letter code "NH" is shorthand for "negative" & "Tanuki", which results in a carried Tanuki - so far so good.

From this, I also conclude that the first letter denotes the more dominant allele (in this case, "N", nothing - so that's why the Tanuki is not visible).

Now, the same Sylestite has "Demon Wings" in the Mutation 3 slot. This one is denoted with the letters "CF" - but "Demon Wings" is actually assigned the letter "C". "F" is "Neck Bow".

From my previous conclusions, this would actually imply that the Sylestite is a carrier of two traits: "Demon Wings (C)" and "Neck Bow (F)", out of which "Demon Wings" (as the first letter) is dominant, and therefore showing.

Question 1: Can someone confirm this theory so far?
Question 2: If my theory is correct, can this Sylestite pass on either the "Demon Wings" or the "Neck Bow" trait, or can only the more dominant one be passed on? If it's either, is one of them more likely, or is it a coin toss sort of situation?
Question 3: How is dominance between two traits established? As in, why did this one not end up being FC, with "Neck Bow" dominant? Is it "earlier in alphabet trumps later"?

Unrelated further questions: what do the colors of the traits mean?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.