Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Price List?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Coda
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 133
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1
I was just thinking, maybe some of the older users should make a list of how much pets and items go for? I mean, older users know, but the newer ones don't. They may feel like they're being swindled, because they have no clue on the economics on this game.

New idea:

A group of older players who are familiar with the economics can join a 'club', and be pinged when a younger player wants to know "Is this a good price?"

It's just an idea.
Edited By Coda on 4/16/2016 at 7:33 PM.
Fartasy
Level 60
Threads: 37
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 3:10 PM Post #2
I personally would really appreciate a pricing guide.
People could contribute buy posting recent sales and purchases they've made on older items.
And then the thread creator could keep the list updated.

I'm coming into the game only 8 days ago, and just have no idea where to start when it comes to buying/finding certain outfits.
The trade broker can only help so much, especially when some items don't even have listings!
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 3:24 PM Post #3
I think prices on Sylestia can fluctuate quite a bit so I'm not sure how reliable a pricing guide would be. But I would like to see a way that players new and old could figure out pricing more easily for either selling or buying.

On another pet site that I play on there's a thread that's titled "Is it Fair?" People basically post a trade to ask if it's fair or not and people more experienced give their opinions on the matter. I've wondered before if we could do something like this on Sylestia. However, there's differences between here and there. And a very big question would be if it could work work with the rules for conduct in selling pets found here? I worry about the possibility of it being used for harassment. On the other hand, I could be worrying too much and such a thread if it's active enough could be useful?
Edited By Savynn on 4/16/2016 at 3:45 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 6:30 PM Post #4
Hm. Perhaps if the people posting on the thread were required to present their questions without identifying specific pets, sellers, or buyers, it could be okay. I mean, it's one thing to post--

"Hey, Savynn* offered me 500 gold for this egg. Is that a fair price?"

--and quite another thing to post--

"Hey, is 500 gold a fair price for a Purebred Ladybug Lunemara egg that will hatch out with two, perhaps three, Carried traits?"

Thoughts, comments, or questions?

*Just an example; I'm picking on you because you're handy. BTW, your frog is turning blue; you should loosen its collar.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 6:39 PM Post #5
Lol! I do think that that would be a good rule. Just don't name names if possible. I'd be curious what an admin thinks of the idea still first. And then there's still the matter of if it would see use or not. And if it did, would it be better here in general discussion or moved into clubs and services?
Homera
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 115
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 7:24 PM Post #6
I'm fairly new, but I understand that if you set a set price chart people will be stubborn and not give the newbies items for cheap. I have had it be where people aren't even repectful about it. In my humble opinion you shouldn't set a price chart. Maybe instead a Maximum price chart. That will say if it's way over-priced.
Coda
Level 75
The Majestic
Threads: 133
Posted: 4/16/2016 at 7:30 PM Post #7
That's kinda what I meant. ^-^ Just an estimate, not for every item, but more like:

"Monthly helds cost about 50 diamonds to get in the month they're premiered, but the 2014-15 ones can go for 750k-1,000k."

So, not really price guidelines, per say, more of a club of older members whom a newbie can ping in a certain thread and ask:

Is 500 gold a good price for a tagged pet?
Edited By Coda on 4/16/2016 at 7:31 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 4/18/2016 at 2:50 PM Post #8
I think a "is this fair?" thread would be nice. I'm asked a lot by new and older players if what they are buying is a deal or a fair price... or what they should be charging for something. I love helping people out when I can, or when I know what's up... but I obviously don't know everything (in particular nephinis). So a thread like this would be great for everybody, not just new players.

Savynn and Spelf's points about harassment are a concern of mine as well. If this becomes a thing there needs to be some rules to protect people. We've seen it before here and it is ugly. No names should definitely be a rule.

Homera I am not sure what price charts you refer to? Sorry if I am butting in or if it's not my place but I am curious. Usually when people set up price charts it is to let people know what you are willing to take to part with your item/pet. Also, on Sylestia in particular, a lot of people are willing to reduce prices for newbies, or completely ignore price charts and give them things for free. If anything price charts protect users from ripping themselves off, or reducing the chances of other people taking advantage of a generous person. And I ask what charts you are referring to because there aren't any for Sylestia, and it's impossible to make one or many. Everyone has their own. Maybe it's just me but from what I see most people are really open to negotiations.

At some point people are no longer newbies and should be getting things on their own, so I don't think this (the thread) is about protecting newbies and getting them free/cheap stuff. This thread/idea is about protecting people from being taken advantage of in my eyes.
Fartasy
Level 60
Threads: 37
Posted: 4/18/2016 at 3:14 PM Post #9
I'm all for a "Is This Fair?" thread!

Everyone could put their knowledge together and lend a hand to those questioning.

I think not using names is a perfectly fine rule, and that would be the only concern I'd have myself o':
Other than that I can't see much else getting out of hand?

Now to just find someone willing to give it a go and set it up with rules and details ~
Homera
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 115
Posted: 4/18/2016 at 3:15 PM Post #10
Well in my expirience I have had players say even to a newbie like me that they want make exceptions and will only sell for a ridiculous price that almost no one could pay.
I wish to not hear from you again beacause I don't like how you're talking about me. I'm not stating facts, just my opinion.
~Homera
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.