Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Sylestia's Next Top Designer - ROUND...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 9:30 AM Post #1
~Welcome to Sylestia's Next Top Designer~
ROUND THREE

Okay everyone, are you ready to have some fun! You are?! Great! Let's get going!

There is going to be a decent amount to read and I encourage ALL of the contestants to read through very carefully. This contest is going to be a bit more complex than the usual contests in this forum and I want everyone to have a fair and fun time. The prize packages will be in the post below, so if you read this before I have those posted just give me a few minutes. Trust me, it's worth the wait to see what you're playing for. :)

The rules are very simple but they should be read thoroughly. There will not be any "secret words" since the contestants won't be posting their designs here, so PLEASE take your time and through all of them. The rules are also going to detail how the contest and the eliminations are going to work.

Contestants, please read through all the rules. I have added one to let you know how to send your design images to me in the correct size.

RULES

1.) Always the most important rules, please be nice to each other. Like I said, for the most part the contestants won't be posting much, but the rule still stands. No fighting, bashing, harassing, and just generally being mean to each other. Contestants who do so will be warned once and disqualified if it happens again.

2.) There will be a total of 10 rounds to this competition. There will be two people eliminated each round for Rounds 1-8. These eliminations will be based off of the voting rounds. The two designs with the least amount of votes will be eliminated. In the event of a tie, a 24 hour Sudden Death vote will be started, and the two designs in a tie will be voted on by the public again.

3.) There will be a WILDCARD ROUND before the FINAL ROUND. This means that every contestant who was eliminated before will be given the chance to return to the competition for the FINAL ROUND. The eliminated contestants will be given their own theme and the ONE person who gets the most votes will be reinstated to the competition and given another chance at competing for a Prize Package.

4.) Unless otherwise stated in the theme explanation, you are required to design for both the male and female of whatever species you are using for the theme. This means that whatever design you use must be shown on both the male and female, so design accordingly.

5.) CONTESTANTS: Do NOT post your designs in this forum, or say anything about what you're going to base your design off of. This is VERY important, because the voting rounds are meant to be "blind votes". This means that the public are not going to know which contestant made which design when they vote. When you complete your design you need to Private Message them to me. I will then save the images to my Photobucket under your username so that there is no confusion when I post them for the voting round, and your designs do not get lost.

6.) If you, as a contestant, break Rule #5 and post your design in this thread, you will be asked to drastically redo your design. This is the only way to keep things fair for everyone. I'm not going to penalize anyone more harshly than that, since I don't see anyone breaking this rule except by accident.

7.) Due to sizing issues we had with the entries in round one, I wanted to just go ahead and give everyone clear instructions for how I want you to send them to me this time. First of all PLEASE SAVE YOUR DESIGNS. That way if there is an issue the first time you send them to me you don't lose all your work. What I want everyone to do is to send me the URL for the very big preview. You get this big preview by clicking on the smaller thumbnail of the Sylesti on the sidebar of the generator. When you copy and paste to me in a message it should look like this...

https://www.sylestia.com/image_builder_pet.php?ec=0A0A0A&c1=0A0A0A&c2=0A0A0A&c3=F4F8F7&ac=0A0A0A&gd1c=57565C&gd2c=C2C0C3&gd3c=FFFFFF&md1c=F9B85C&md2c=F4F8F7&md3c=FFFFFF&gd1=AA&gd2=00&gd3=AA&md1=00&md2=CC&md3=00&species=ryori&gender=female&maturity=216

Now, you can send this to me, and that will be fine, I can resize it slightly in Photobucket without distorting it because its big to begin with. What I would LIKE everyone to do is to add &size=300 to the end of the code above. So it would look like this.

https://www.sylestia.com/image_builder_pet.php?ec=0A0A0A&c1=0A0A0A&c2=0A0A0A&c3=F4F8F7&ac=0A0A0A&gd1c=57565C&gd2c=C2C0C3&gd3c=FFFFFF&md1c=F9B85C&md2c=F4F8F7&md3c=FFFFFF&gd1=AA&gd2=00&gd3=AA&md1=00&md2=CC&md3=00&species=ryori&gender=female&maturity=216&size=300

If anyone has any questions you are, of course, free to ask. :)

8.) HAVE FUN! Yes, this is a rule. I made this contest to be fun and challenging. I am SUPER excited to see everyone's designs and creativity. This is your chance to push your design skills further than you've ever pushed them. Do research, think carefully about your design before hitting the generator, try multiple designs before choosing, do whatever you have to do to make your design the best you can. I know you're all capable of greatness. :)

9.) If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask either here in this thread or through private message. This also means that if anyone thinks I missed something or should add another rule. I'm not perfect, and I always worry I might have missed some key piece of information.

Now for the fun part...this week's theme IS...

Monochromatic
Alright, so I wanted to give you guys a LITTLE bit of a break after last round, but capturing the essence of this theme might be a bit of a challenge. The key to this round is to make a design that includes a monochromatic color scheme. This means that if you choose red you must ONLY choose shades of red for this design. This design must have at least FOUR visible traits or more, so I'd like everyone to list the traits they used when they send me their design. Now, I want to see every stay true to their color while still making all of their traits stand out. What I mean by this is that I don't want to see a Blue design with shades of blue all across the board, try to keep everything pretty close to each other while still making a cohesive design.

I expect questions for this. You are always free to ask them or send me your first design to let me know if I think it fits the theme well.

ALL DESIGNS MUST BE TURNED IN BY Tuesday, August 4th, 7PM Sylestia Time
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 9:30 AM Post #2
Prize Packages

These are the prize packages that will be given to the top 4 contestants. There will also be a Participation Prize for everyone who entered, to be received once they've been eliminated. I would like to personally thank both AliceHearts and Xdarksonicx for making the 2-Vis Wheel Pet Offspring prizes possible by allowing breedings with their beautiful pets. All offspring pets are 1st Generation, meaning both their parents are tagged.

Silent Ryori Offspring are from my custom Ryori pair: Male and Female

1st Place Prize
250k, 2-Vis Wheel Offspring, 2-Vis Coal Griffi Offspring, 1st Choice of 2-Vis Mojo Offspring, 1st Choice of 1-Vis Garden Offspring, Silent Ryori Offspring

2nd Place Prize
150k, 2-Vis Wheel Offspring, 2nd Choice of 2-Vis Mojo Offspring, 2nd Choice of 1-Vis Garden Offspring, Silent Ryori Offspring

3rd Place Prize
100k, 1-Vis Wheel Offspring, 3rd Choice of 2-Vis Mojo Offspring, 3rd Choice of 1-Vis Garden Offspring

4th Place Prize
50k, 1-Vis Wheel Offspring, 4th Choice of 1-Vis Garden Offspring

Participation Prizes
Various 1-Vis Festival Zone Offspring
Edited By Britters on 7/31/2015 at 9:31 AM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 9:30 AM Post #3
Contest Roster

This is so that I can keep track of who has turned in their design.

Eots #36252 - TURNED IN
Lopai #24753 - TURNED IN
Hyc #32732 - TURNED IN
Ladybeatrice #35515 - TURNED IN
Rabbitaka #27223 - TURNED IN
Lenore #29809 - TURNED IN
Jolieke04 #36257 - TURNED IN
Jai #31325 - TURNED IN
Gypsycrest19 #17901 - TURNED IN
Gingerpaw #7454 - TURNED IN
Cyanidae #2203 - TURNED IN
Kittenroar #28737 - TURNED IN
Yukiyume #29047 - TURNED IN
Xavion #10307 - TURNED IN
Rhythm #33008 - TURNED IN
Sandstorm514 #35108 - TURNED IN
Edited By Britters on 8/3/2015 at 10:34 PM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 9:31 AM Post #4
PAST ROUND RESULTS

This way everyone remembers who they have to beat for next time. ;) lol

Round One - Precious Gems

1st Place - Moonstone Zolnixi by Cyanidae
2nd Place - Opal Morkko by Yukiyume
3rd Place - Star Ruby Aeridini by Rhythm
4th Place - Light Grey Opal Aeridini by Gingerpaw

Eliminated Contestants
Khumos (Didn't turn in a design)
Sakurachan (Didn't turn in a design)\

Round Two - Favorite Book Cover

1st Place - Chaos of Stars Aeridini by Eots
2nd Place - The Little Prince Aeridini by Cyanidae
3rd Place - Ironside Zolnixi by Lenore
4th Place - 3-Way Tie between Sandstorm514, Gingerpaw, and Rhythm

Elminated Contestants
Twilightsage
Mysticfantasy1996
Edited By Britters on 7/31/2015 at 9:59 AM.
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 10:22 AM Post #5
Ok, question. How much of a hue/saturation swing can we have? Say you choose orange, if you use yellow-orange can you still incorporate bits of red-orange or more of a true orange as part of the palette? or must you stick closely to yellow-orange? as well as will browns be allowed if they're used with orange, or must it still be light enough to be recognized as orange?

hopefully adding color text made some sort of sense, heh
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 10:26 AM Post #6
If you choose a light color as your base I would prefer you stick closely to the lighter color. In this case it means you would be able to stray into the "true orange" territory, but preferably no further. Definitely no browns, though I am hoping someone does a brown design. :P
Jai
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 36
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 1:03 PM Post #7
This theme is so much fun!!! So many pretty babes I came up with X3
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 1:10 PM Post #8
Yeah, I figured this would be enough of a break for you guys while still being challenging. I'm glad that so far people seem to be enjoying this round. :)
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 4:16 PM Post #9
Hey, guys, I just wanted to let everyone know something. Since I want to see a good variety of color this round, the colors are sort of a first come, first serve basis. What I mean by this is, if two people turn in the same color thats fine, but if a third person turns in a design of the same color I'll let that person know and suggest they change their design. HOWEVER, it will totally be up to you if you want to change it or not, I'm not going to force anyone to change a design they feel really good about.

This shouldn't effect anyone too badly, since its still very early on in the round. Just design like normal and when you turn it in I'll let you know if you should probably change it. I just didn't want it to catch anyone by surprise if they get told this. Thanks everyone for the entries so far, and I look forward to seeing them together.
Cyanidae
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 56
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 5:48 PM Post #10
well knowing how long i tweak to be sure it looks right, i doubt my faves'll be mine....ah well.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.